shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread May 26 till June 1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod-I''m glad Sakai may be on the mend...poor little tiny girl. Is she a certain small breed of cat or is she just a little one? I have a tiny girl kitty myself-she''s actually a Maine Coon but she only weighs about 6 pounds. I think she must have been the runt. Anyways, I hope Sakai keeps feeling better, and good luck on your interview!

steph-the Tofutti Cuties are pretty good. They definitely taste different from a regular ice cream sandwich, but I like them. They''re worth trying to see if you like them! I hope you feel better soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Today is my first anniversary of loosing 100 pounds. A girl on sparkpeople told me only 5% of dieters ever loose 100 pounds and keep it off more than a year. I am glad to be bucking the odds. I took another picture tonight – I can’t wait to see the difference in the last year.
We went out to supper tonight because I felt like a quite evening away from the TV. There is a quaint little Italian restaurant here that is much better than the new big Italian chain restaurant and certainly easier to get in to. I had a glass of wine, a couple of fried raviolis, ½ of some chicken parmesan and just enjoyed the view from the enclosed patio. It’s only in the 50’s here today so no way were we going to set outside.
Rod, I will have to pick up some of that dark chocolate for Marty. He loves dark chocolate. My mom says Wyoming has 9 months of winter and 3 months of cold weather – this year has certainly lived up to that saying. I made sure I wore matching earrings today. I hope they get Sakai all better at the soon. Thank you for the great information on Zultanite. Good luck with moving forward on that job and your other interview tomorrow. My best wishes and tons of fairy dust coming your way for Sakai getting well soon.
Somethingshiny, sorry to hear about having hives. Those are so miserable. I hope you get better.
Appletini, good idea to not go grocery shopping when you are hungry. I do a lot of impulse buying then.
Bee, so tonight is the BIG night for the movie. I am glad you LOVED it. Most of that weight was gone already this morning. This will be a tough few days for me. Friday night the in-laws are taking us out for dinner. Saturday we are going out to dinner for my parent’s anniversary. I will try to make reasonable choices.
Dragonfly, good luck with your new routine. It sounds fun.
PatientlyWaiting, that is terrific you had a 4 day weekend. I am delighted to hear you are getting so much out of your gym. Thank you for the kind words about me.
Linda, your trip to Lake Tahoe will be awesome. I am anxious to get out and use our 5th wheeler this summer too. Too cute the grandkids are giving you their menu.
Thing2of2, yay for only had 2 Cokes today. That is wonderful your dance class went well.
Steph, I hope you are feeling better and can get back to your routine soon. Marty was on his way home and was going to pick me up for supper so I just started walking down the street he drives down. He was kind of surprised to find me about a block and a half from home but I told him I was trying to save us gas money. I just wanted to walk off a few calories before supper.
Take care and have a great evening!
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday all! I am so confused with Monday being a holiday that I kept thinking today was Tuesday. I went to the gym and did 12 mins on the elliptical (I just COULD NOT get motivated) and then moved over to the treadmill. Thirty minutes in to the treadmill some news anchor person said something about it being Wednesday and I was like WHAT??? Wednesday??? Not Tuesday??? And I realized that I had to meet someone for lunch in less than an hour so needless to say that was the end of my workout! (Lunch then consisted of a bunless bacon cheeseburger and some fries, thank you very much!)

Not much else to report. I might be able to go to the gym again tomorrow depending on how a few things pan out early on.

Will catch up more tomorrow.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just popping before heading off to bed.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Steph and I hope you're feelng better real soon. Thanks for the good wishes for Sakai. I know what you mean about the costs. I think we've spent more on our pets than we have for our health by a large margin. Still, it's worth every dime.

Thing, our cat is a Burmese and they are typically a very small breed. She only weighs 5 pounds, so a 1/3 pound loss is troubling. Sakai, as do we, appreciate your kind thoughts. I love Maine Coon's!! The one's I've seen were considerably larger though!

Thanks Marcy. 50's is still too cold. Charlie's twin brother lives in Buffalo, NY. They always say they only have two seasons. Winter and 4th of July - LOL Your dinner sounded really good and you know how proud we are of you that you're one of the extremely few who lost at least 100 lbs., but more importantly kept it off and even lost more!!

DeeJay, we're all interested in how the Skippy luncheon went. We miss our Skippy for sure!!

Sleep well everyone.........

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, Here are the details and the pictures of the lunch with our dear Skippy.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lunch-with-skippy-on-tuesday-details-inside.86143/

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and Marcy, Congratulations on your anniversary of losing 100 pounds. What an accomplishment. Not many people can celebrate that anniversary. You need to go and buy yourself a green sapphire now.
9.gif
We are so proud of you, our dear Marcy.

Linda

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I don’t know if Buffalo, NY is colder than Wyoming but I know it’s wetter than here. They get a TON of snow there. Thank you so much for joining me in my exciting celebration today.

Linda, thank you for the congratulations on my accomplishment. It is a very special day for me. I have a green sapphire already (but I need the essential bracelet, earrings and pendant to go with it someday). I also have a pink sapphire, the traditional blue and the lighter blue. I still need an orange and a purple sapphire. Such a wish list keeps me teaching those astronomy classes.
1.gif

I am attaching my May photo collage.
36.gif
9.gif

May Collage.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Marcy just look at YOU!! The beautiful shrinking woman. You know what??? Not only are you thinner, but you look younger too. In fact, lady, you look years younger. See what you have done to yourself. You are a beautiful young lady. I am so proud of you!! I am sending you a great big hug.

Love, Linda P.S. A orange sapphire and a purple one, sound beautiful.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much Linda. A girl can''t do much better than getting thinner, getting younger looking and getting new sapphires. Life is GOOD!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning all! I have a day off today so I''m going to go to the gym for a work out and then I''m meeting friends for dinner also. I have to start my packing later on today-I hate packing!! My sister found a lump in her breast a few weeks ago and had a small biopsy done and she has to go back for another one today so we''re all a bit worried. The doctor said that she''s 99% sure that it''s a non-cancerous tumour but it''s still scary. I''m sure that she''ll be fine though.

Thing-glad that you had a good dance class! I find that they''re really good workouts.

Rod-that''s definitely a good sign that she''s eating treats! I hope that she continues to improve. Enjoy SATC tomorrow night!! It''s so good.

Steph-sorry to hear that you''re feeling ill. Thanks for the compliments on my kitty.

Marcy-woohoo on your 100lb anniversary!! I still can''t get over those photos-you look so amazing!!

Dee*Jay-I''m always like that when there''s a monday off! You still got a huge amount of cardio done so well done!!

Well talk to you all later!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. Woke up this morning with a sore throat still, but the fever is gone so that is good. I''m just going to take it pretty easy today. The granite guy is coming for an estimate and then Andrew has swimming practice, so that is pretty much all I have going on today. I may get in the pool and swim a little if I feel up to it as my cardio today, but otherwise I''m not going to push myself so that I hopefully get back to normal by tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!

Thing2, I think I will get some of those soy ice creams to try...I like everything else soy, so I will probably like those too.

Marcy, wow...you look amazing. You look like a totally different person and sooo much younger. All of your hard work has paid off in a big way
1.gif

DeeJay, I enjoyed the pics from the get together. It is nice you got to meet Miss Skippy and looked like you all had a great time!

Rod, how''s your Sakai today?

Bee, I hope everything turns out okay with your sis, that is scary.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! Today has been a good day thus far. I woke up feeling sore from yesterday. Last night I did a half hour on Fit TV with Gilad. He makes my legs BURN lol. This morning I walked for half hour, did 10 mins of the core dvd, and did a half our of Namaste Yoga which I am IN LOVE WITH. You flow through movement into the different positions. They do a new routine daily. I love it. I have fallen in love with earth rain which is a flowing movement of the hands and arms, up together, inhaling, then circling out and down while exhaling. I also really love doing the cat stretches and chair. I feel very refreshed after doing this. The core dvds are salsa dancing, using a lot of hip and abdominal movements. I have been trying to practice whenever there is a mirror around as I''m still kindof stumbling. But I do feel the results. Last night I made Chocolate Crinkle cookies... bad right? But I like baking lol. I''ve been doing good diet wise and GUESS WHAT!?! I''m down to 128 YAYYYYYYY.

Patiently Waiting - I LOVE ICE SKATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We get a ring once a year that comes through in the winter and I love to go.
Rod - I hope your kitty recovers. Sending dust your way!
Bee - What is SATC?
Steph - I hope you feel better, it sounds a LOT like what I had last week, and if so you need lots of rest, decongestants handy, some cough suppresant, and NYQUIL. I stayed pretty doped up.
Marcy - Congrats on 1 yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deejay- I did the same thing this week, but now it''s almost the weekend and I''m excited
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, good news from my sister''s appointment. She had an ultrasound done before the biopsy and on seeing the results of the ulstrasound, the consultant said that she didn''t need the biopsy as she''s fine
36.gif
36.gif

Steph-glad that you''re feeling a bit better today.

dragonfly-SATC is sex and the city! I went to see the movie last night. Woohoo for the weight loss!! Sounds like you''re working really hard at it.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I normally just lurk here for motivation but I wanted to chat to bee for a second.

Hon will you please make sure your sister still goes to see her consultant even though the ultrasound doctor said she was in the clear? I found a lump a while back and my GP said she was 99% sure it was fine, the ultrasound doctor said there was nothing there and it was fine, and the consultant said on examination that it was fine and that he'd "drop with the shock" if there was anything wrong. He did a fine needle biopsy (FNA) anyway just to make sure I got the triple all-clear. Well to our huge shock, the FNA came back with abnormal cells and I had to go in for a core biopsy. Thankfully the core biopsy came back all clear, it's just fibrocystic changes, but it'll be monitored going forward. The ultrasound doctor had said I didn't really need to see the consultant but I went anyway. If I hadn't gone I never would have known it was a fibroadenoma that needs to be kept an eye on.

I'm not saying this to scare you, just do make sure she gets that triple all-clear yeah? The FNA is absolutely nothing to be worried about, I actually hardly felt it. He said it would feel like having blood drawn but it wasn't even remotely close. Tell her to take care and ladies, all of you, please self-examine. I'm only 28 and I have zero family history of breast cancer.

OK lepping off of the soapbox now
2.gif
Keep up the good work in here, you are all an inspiration to the lazybones like myself, I don't know how you do it!
36.gif

ETA - I did an hour of pilates today! Does that make me less of an intruder?
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I did something different today and went to the yoga class in my gym...it was great to stretch and relax. I really needed since my abs were still a little sore from Tuesday''s PT. Yesterday I had hoped to walk when I got home, but it was pouring, so hopefully the weather will cooperate today.

Marcy, Congrats!

Steph, Get well soon! What granite did you decide on?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, this morning I felt a bit better, then I took Andrew over to swim practice...he wanted to stay and swim with me for a little while after class, and I started feeling kind of funny. I got home and my temp. is 102.1! Ugh, being sick is no fun at all! Thanks for the well-wishes!

Dragonfly, I love Namaste Yoga on Fit TV too. Yea for 128! That is awesome!

Bee, that is great news from you sis''s appointment!

Delster, you can join us whenever you want! Woohoo to an hour of pilates!

Apple, we are going with Santa Cecilia so my kitchen will look really similar to yours. I have yours saved on my computer for inspiration! Thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Marcy! I always love seeing yours pics -- they are amazing!!!

Rod, hope the kitty is doing better.

This morning I did 30 mins on the elliptical and 30 on the treadmill. I got sucked into some bloody action movie about a guys whose son was kidnapped and I stayed to see the bitter gory end. Not exactly the kind of thing I normally watch at 10 in the morning...

Gott dash--two final walk throughs back to back and then a charity event tonight. Ug.

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I just discovered this health forum and I think it is terrific! I too am trying to be healthier. I want to lose some weight, but my ultimate goal is just to take better care of myself. I feel that over this last year I have really let myself go and I am sick of feeling this way!

Just seeing the pictures of Marcy is unbelievable!! That should be motivation for anybody. Woman, you look fabulous! I agree with Linda that she look so much younger.

Thanks for the inspiration.
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went walking for 30 min when I got home today. I should have done my walk/jog routine but since the weather was cooler than it has been, I decided to take advantage of it.

i''m trying a healthy ellie krieger recipe for dinner...some sort of peach chicken concoction, if it passes the appletini test I''ll post it for y''all.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for that Deltser!! She actually had a FNA the first time she went in. She works as a nurse in the hospital so she got to see the consultant quite quickly and when she had the first FNA they told her that they didn''t get enough cells (which they said was a good thing). She said that she''s going to go see the other consultant (there''s 2 of them) when she''s back from her holidays just to make sure that everythings ok. Her best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer early last year and had to have a masectomy at 22 years of age so it''s something that''s always been on my sister''s mind. Sorry to hear that you had to go through the same thing. It''s so important to check for lumps and changes! thanks again for your story!!

Hi to everyone else!!
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Long time no see! I am wading through my final days of student teaching and school, and looking forward to getting back to a workout routine.

Marcy, your pictures blow me away!

Welcome, ali. I hope you find some inspiration here, I certainly have.

Rod, I'm hope Sakai is doing better this evening.

Steph, I hope you're feeling better.

I need to get back to work, but wanted to pop in and say hi to all of you!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everyone,

Sakai is not 100%, but is doing better. She seems to have a bit more energy and is drinking water and certainly eating treats. We'll give her as many treats as she'll eat as we just need to make sure she's getting some nutrition, even it it's not the 'uber' expensive and oh so healthy food we spend oodles of money on. Thanks so much for the PS dust and well wishes for her. We're supposed to hear how the bloodwork came out tomorrow. Please say extra prayers for a clean bill of health. She means more to us than just about anything on this planet.

I had my second conversation with the company that seems very interested in me today and it went well. While it's not exactly what I had hoped to find, it would be a good opportunity and the managing partner of the office is someone I could really enjoy working for. She seems very open minded in her views. We've got fitness in common as well. She works out daily, so she and I had a lot to talk about on the healthy living front. I'm scheduled to have my third and final interview with a VP on Monday. If that goes well, I guess they'll make an offer.

I also was contacted this morning for another opportunity. It too is pure recruiting, but is more in line with my past roles and is with a very large and well respected national consulting firm. To get to an in-person interview level, I had to take two online tests. One was a recruiting test and the questions were very specific to technical staffing recruiting. I scored in the top 95 percentile on that. The other was a personality test (yuck). I have no idea how I did on that test. It's the kind of test where they ask oh so fun questions like........."Generally speaking, in order to succeed at work, people will often take credit for work they did not do?" And you have to check Agree or Disagree. One of my favorite questions was......."You often daydream about how different your life would have been had you become a famous celebrity." I answered the questions as honestly as I could, but gosh, I'm just not sure what these personality tests prove? I guess I'll hear tomorrow if I get to interview for real.

Once all the job related stuff was over, I did get to the gym and for the first time in a long time, I felt a bit more relaxed and just worked my little butt off. Worrying about the future is not really a good thing to take to the gym. And over the last few months, I've certainly had our situation pressing on my mind. It was nice to just relax and workout hard. I got lost in time and realized I had arrived at 3:30 and all of the sudden it was 6:30 and I was just getting off the eliptical. Oh well, it was a really good workout for sure.

We didn't go out after dinner (which was Charlie's oh so good ground chicken meatloaf and steamed broccoli). Charlie slipped out to get us a cup of decaf and we just sat with Sakai. Tomorrow, we're supposed to meet some friends in the afternoon and see Sex And The City, then go to our favorite Sushi spot for dinner. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Linda, thanks for the link to the Skippy Luncheon. It look's like everyone had such a nice time and it's wonderful to see everyone's smiling faces! Maybe sometime, there will be a reason for a group meeting in Tampa?

Marcy as usual the Amazing (and beautiful) Shrinking Woman is simply AMAZING!! I showed your pics to Charlie and he said to tell you how fantastic you look!!

bee*, I'm glad you enjoyed SATC!! We're planning on seeing tomorrow. I'm sorry about your sister needing the biopsy, but was relieved to hear it's likely nothing to be too concerned about.

Steph, I'm sorry to see you still have a sore throat. Then I saw that you were running a pretty high fever. I hope as I type this your men are taking care of you and you're getting lot's of fluids and extra love. You take care and get some needed rest. Jewish Papa Rod also recommends lot's of Chicken Soup. There really is something in Chicken Soup that helps the immune system cure sickness.

Yay for being down to 128 dragon! I don't weigh myself often, but I did this morning and I was down too!! Your chocolate crinkle cookies sound so so sinful and good.

Welcome Delster. Don't be a lurker. And never think you're intruding. This is a wonderful place for motivation and healthy tips. And yes, doing an hour of pilates is a great thing.

I'm glad you enjoyed yoga Apple!

DeeJay, it was so nice to see your lovely and smiling face in the Skippy Lunck Pics!! I hope you and Bill are coming back to visit this fall!!

Welcome to you too allikatac. You are right when you say ladies, as everyone here is a lady, but me, the lone regular guy - LOL

Hey Kimberly, I'm glad you're doing ok. When is teaching over for the summer? I hope John's ankle is continuing to heal nicely.

I think I got everyone. Thanks again for the well wishes for Sakai. Right now, she's on Charlie's shoulder which is a really positive sign.

Good Lord, sorry this is such a long post. Sleep well everyone.........

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 9:40:00 PM
Author: Rod

Hey Kimberly, I''m glad you''re doing ok. When is teaching over for the summer? I hope John''s ankle is continuing to heal nicely.
Hi Rod,

Student teaching ends Monday, I am officially done with school June 16. I will start substituting again for the last few weeks of school, which lets out on June 12, and then I return to summer school June 24; I am also looking for a second part time job to keep me occupied this summer (something easy and fun like working at book store or a local library). The second job is because I''m scared I''ll go crazy transitioning from working full time and going to school full time to no school and a part time job.

John''s ankle is getting better slowly but surely. Poor guy!

I''m worried about Sakai; know that I''m thinking of you and Charlie. I''m sure this is difficult for both of you.

Kimi

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I got in a lot of extra walking today! Woo hoo! I went to the state this morning to get my birth certificate. I went to the wrong building so walked the 4 blocks to get to the right building. It was a lovely morning for a walk. Tonight we went to the mall and a few department stores so we walked around quite a bit tonight.
I need to throw away some of my spring pants. I decided they made me look 20 pounds heavier because they are so baggy. I guess I’ll be pants shopping again in the near future.
That is funny so many of you think I look younger now. Someone at work told me that today too. She’s only been working there a year so she never saw me at the biggest but she said I looked so much younger now.
Bee, Steph, Dragonfly, Appletini, DeeJay, Allikatac, Kimi, Rod and Charlie, thank you so much for the lovely compliments.
Bee, I am glad to hear your sister is fine. I hate packing too, I usually put it off until the last minute.
Steph, I am glad you are feeling better today. I hope your sore throat goes away.
Dragonfly, yay for such a great workout. Your cookies sound yummy. Yippee for being down to 128!!! Congratulations!
Delster, woo hoo for an hour of pilates. Join in anytime. We’d love to have you.
Appletini, I am glad you enjoyed your yoga class.
DeeJay, it’s funny how you can get caught up in a movie but it does make workouts go by faster.
Welcome Allikatac! Yay for wanting to take better care of yourself. That is a great place to start.
Kimi, I am glad to hear your final days of teaching and school are winding down. I need to get started on my summer classes but spend too much time on PS.
Rod, I am glad to hear Sakai is doing better. That is great you had common ground with the lady that interviewed you. Good luck with the next round with them and with the other people who talked to you today.
Have a great evening.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2008 10:51:51 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 5/29/2008 9:40:00 PM
Author: Rod

Hey Kimberly, I''m glad you''re doing ok. When is teaching over for the summer? I hope John''s ankle is continuing to heal nicely.
Hi Rod,

Student teaching ends Monday, I am officially done with school June 16. I will start substituting again for the last few weeks of school, which lets out on June 12, and then I return to summer school June 24; I am also looking for a second part time job to keep me occupied this summer (something easy and fun like working at book store or a local library). The second job is because I''m scared I''ll go crazy transitioning from working full time and going to school full time to no school and a part time job.

John''s ankle is getting better slowly but surely. Poor guy!

I''m worried about Sakai; know that I''m thinking of you and Charlie. I''m sure this is difficult for both of you.

Kimi
Thanks so much Kimberly. That means a lot. We''ve certainly had our fair share of difficult times since the beginning of the year. At least we''re handling them OK. Good luck with finding a fun p/t job. You might want to give rest a try for a while though. You''ve had a prety intense schedule for some time.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I was a little bad today as far as food goes...I had a hamburger and french fries for dinner, but I only ate about half of the hamburger and maybe 1/4 of the fries, so not too bad. For lunch I had some cheese tortellini-probably not the healthiest, but I had a small portion. I had only 2 Cokes again, so I''m at least impressed with myself about that!

marcyc, sorry I missed saying it on your actual anniversary, but congratulations on your 100 pound anniversary! Your pictures are amazing! And it seems like a great time to buy new clothes! My mom has lost weight recently and she says the same thing-her baggy pants make her look bigger! She just bought a few new pairs and she said she feels great in them.

Rod, I''m glad Sakai seems to be doing better again! I''ll have to look up Burmese cats to see what she looks like! I wasn''t familiar with Maine Coons at all when I got Olivia as a kitten, but my vet told me she was definitely a Maine Coon the first time I took her in. Once I heard that I looked them up and I thought she would get really big, but she just didn''t! I don''t know her history at all, but she did have worms when I got her, so I think that must have stunted her growth...poor little thing! Anyways, that''s great about your job interview, and the interest from the other company!

bee*, I''m glad everything turned out okay with your sister!

steph-let me know how you like the ice creams...talking about them is making me want one right now!
3.gif

allikatac-welcome! I''m new to this thread as well, and also trying to eat healthier, and so far it''s helped me think about my health more.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thing2of2, yay for only having 2 Cokes today. I have hamburgers and French fries quite often at lunch. I eat only 1 bun, get the burger plain and eat 12 fries. All I can say is that is obviously works for me. Tee hee. Thank you for the lovely compliment. I am with your mom, having clothes that fit right make you feel so much better. After all the hard work we put in to get there we should have clothes that fit.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Allikat! Glad to have you join our little group!
35.gif

Rod, I am still rooting for you, and sending out thoughts and prayers for Sakai - great news that she seems to be recovering!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I bet she is the cutest when she sits on your shoulders!
face23.gif

This pants cold continues and I am barking like a seal, it seems to have settled on my chest, but how much worse it would have been if I was still smoking! I used to get terrible ''chests'' when I smoked.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 8:37:14 PM
Author: bee*
Thanks for that Deltser!! She actually had a FNA the first time she went in. She works as a nurse in the hospital so she got to see the consultant quite quickly and when she had the first FNA they told her that they didn''t get enough cells (which they said was a good thing). She said that she''s going to go see the other consultant (there''s 2 of them) when she''s back from her holidays just to make sure that everythings ok. Her best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer early last year and had to have a masectomy at 22 years of age so it''s something that''s always been on my sister''s mind. Sorry to hear that you had to go through the same thing. It''s so important to check for lumps and changes! thanks again for your story!!

Hi to everyone else!!
35.gif
That''s fantastic to hear bee, your sister was so right to have it checked out pronto. Good for her for taking care of her health
36.gif
So many of my friends refuse to self examine cos they are afraid of what they might find. They''re kind of doing the camel thing about it all
38.gif

I''m so sorry to hear about your friend, I hope she''s doing well now. Cancer is a cruel disease
7.gif

Anyway back to lurkdom now as I can''t pretend to fit in today - no pilates or gym - will be spending the day at my desk and in the car and then having a ridiculously face-stuffing dinner tonight with my folks
18.gif
1.gif

Keep up the good work all, I like lurking on here
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/30/2008 5:40:55 AM
Author: Delster

Date: 5/29/2008 8:37:14 PM
Author: bee*

Hi to everyone else!!
35.gif
That''s fantastic to hear bee, your sister was so right to have it checked out pronto. Good for her for taking care of her health
36.gif
So many of my friends refuse to self examine cos they are afraid of what they might find. They''re kind of doing the camel thing about it all
38.gif

I''m so sorry to hear about your friend, I hope she''s doing well now. Cancer is a cruel disease
7.gif

Anyway back to lurkdom now as I can''t pretend to fit in today - no pilates or gym - will be spending the day at my desk and in the car and then having a ridiculously face-stuffing dinner tonight with my folks
18.gif
1.gif

Keep up the good work all, I like lurking on here
36.gif
Will that include pudding?....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results