shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread May 26 till June 1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s another one

beeskitty2.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one for tonight! He kept sitting on his litter mates and squishing them! He''s such a little pudding!

beeskitteninlitter.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Bee, he is ADORABLE. There is nothing like a little kitty.

Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bee*.......SO ADORABLE!!! We're such cat/kitten people and I just melt when I see a kitten. We buy our cat food and kitty litter at Petsmart over here. On most Saturday's, the Humane Society is there with cages full of cats and kittens. If we could, we'd take every last one home with us. Thanks for the pics. He's absolutely beautiful!!

I just got home from a very strenuous workout. I was a bit late going this afternoon as I was contacted by a company and we had about an hour phone conversation which delayed my gym time. It was an odd conversation. The owner of the company would ask a question. I'd answer it and then there would be a long pause as if he wasn't sure what I had just said. I don't expect to hear from him again. It was just odd. I'm not even sure what he's hoping I could do for them. He was just so vague. I'm telling you, job hunting is arduous at best. I hope none of you is ever in this position for sure.

Soon, we'll have dinner. We're having nice big salads and then we'll likely head out for coffee under the oak. It's such a lovely evening tonight. Warm, but breezy and beautiful blue skies, with the palm tree fronds swaying. Just perfect.

I've been meaning to comment to Mara from last week about the Frozen Tart Yogurt places. It's spreading here too. We now have at least 3 different ones within a couple miles of our condo. Our favorite is still the one we've been going to for the last several months. It's called CaliYogurt and it's just the most natural tasting to our tastebuds.

It's great to see everyone's list of the benefits they're derived from a healthier lifestyle.

Ellen, I hope you lose your taste for the evil weed sooner than later. I know quiting is super duper hard, but you'd be amazed at how much better you can feel without it.

Linda, isn't it amazing how bad softdrinks can taste when you've been off them for a while?? Good for you not being addicted to them either. I pretty much only drink water and of course coffee, with an occassional Sapporo beer with Sushi - LOL

Great list dragon and apple!!!

I'll try to check in again later. I hope you didn't have too bad a day at work today Marcy!! Be grateful you have someplace to go to work!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an adorable kitty, bee*! Thanks for the welcome, kathleen, Rod and dragonfly!

Yesterday was okay as far as eating, but I did drink too many Cokes. I''ve done much better today-1 bottle of Coke and I''m drinking 1 can right now. I also love sunflower seeds-totally gross habit, but I love them!-but they''re super salty and I know they''re not good for my stomach. So I told my fiance to take them and throw them away so I would stop!

Today for breakfast I had two bananas, for lunch I had some green beans from PF Chang''s with tempura batter on them (not too healthy, I''m sure!) and chickpea salad. For dinner it''s chicken breast and mixed veggies. So not too bad! Plus I had my dance class today (we dance/stretch/etc. for about 1.5 hours) and we got a great workout.

I did have a way too big Slurpee, but I kept myself from drinking it all. I''m a major sugar junkie, so I really need to watch myself! I manage to think that sugar stuff doesn''t count as bad for me, but it all adds up as more calories!

I''m also going to buy a scale because I don''t own one, so I can''t tell exactly how much I''m up or down. I read an article once on habits of healthy people, and it said that healthy people usually weigh themselves regularly so they can track their progress. I don''t really care what the number is, as long as it stays the same! Lately I''ve definitely been fluctuating in weight but I''m not sure how much.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2008 7:41:18 PM
Author: thing2of2
What an adorable kitty, bee*! Thanks for the welcome, kathleen, Rod and dragonfly!

Yesterday was okay as far as eating, but I did drink too many Cokes. I''ve done much better today-1 bottle of Coke and I''m drinking 1 can right now. I also love sunflower seeds-totally gross habit, but I love them!-but they''re super salty and I know they''re not good for my stomach. So I told my fiance to take them and throw them away so I would stop!

Today for breakfast I had two bananas, for lunch I had some green beans from PF Chang''s with tempura batter on them (not too healthy, I''m sure!) and chickpea salad. For dinner it''s chicken breast and mixed veggies. So not too bad! Plus I had my dance class today (we dance/stretch/etc. for about 1.5 hours) and we got a great workout.

I did have a way too big Slurpee, but I kept myself from drinking it all. I''m a major sugar junkie, so I really need to watch myself! I manage to think that sugar stuff doesn''t count as bad for me, but it all adds up as more calories!

I''m also going to buy a scale because I don''t own one, so I can''t tell exactly how much I''m up or down. I read an article once on habits of healthy people, and it said that healthy people usually weigh themselves regularly so they can track their progress. I don''t really care what the number is, as long as it stays the same! Lately I''ve definitely been fluctuating in weight but I''m not sure how much.

thing, the sunflower seeds are way healthier for you than the coke''s and slurpee for sure. Nuts, while high in fat, are high in healthy fat. The sodium in salted seeds, now that''s another story.......but if you like seeds, they''re actually not a bad thing. Many of us here eat unprocessed (raw, not fried or salted) almonds. They''re a very healthy nut and full of healthy fats for you!

I copied this from a website about sunflower seeds for you:

Looking for a health-promoting snack? Enjoy a handful of mild nutty tasting sunflower seeds with their firm but tender texture to take care of your hunger and get a wealth of nutrition at the same time. Sunflower seeds are available at your local market throughout the year.

Sunflower seeds are the gift of the beautiful sunflower that has rays of petals emanating from its bright yellow, seed-studded center. The flower produces grayish-green or black seeds encased in tear-dropped shaped gray or black shells that oftentimes feature black and white stripes. Since these seeds have a very high oil content, they are one of the main sources of polyunsaturated oil.

Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of vitamin E, the body''s primary fat-soluble antioxidant. Vitamin E travels throughout the body neutralizing free radicals that would otherwise damage fat-containing structures and molecules, such as cell membranes, brain cells, and cholesterol. By protecting these cellular and molecular components, vitamin E has significant anti-inflammatory effects that result in the reduction of symptoms in asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis, conditions where free radicals and inflammation play a big role. Vitamin E has also been shown to reduce the risk of colon cancer, help decrease the severity and frequency of hot flashes in women going through menopause, and help reduce the development of diabetic complications.

In addition, vitamin E plays an important role in the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Vitamin E is one of the main antioxidants found in cholesterol particles and helps prevent free radicals from oxidizing cholesterol. Only after it has been oxidized is cholesterol able to adhere to blood vessel walls and initiate the process of atherosclerosis, which can lead to blocked arteries, heart attack, or stroke. Getting plenty of vitamin E can significantly reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis. In fact, studies show that people who get a good amount of vitamin E are at a much lower risk of dying of a heart attack than people whose dietary intake of vitamin E is marginal or inadequate. Just a quarter-cup of sunflower seeds contains 90.5% of the daily value for vitamin E.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE sunflower seeds. I used to eat those, until my tongue was sore from the salt. HA!!! I quit eating them though. I didn''t like the un-salted ones.
14.gif

Linda

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...quck fly by as I have to go get Andrew ready for bed. Had a pretty good day although I had to take Adam to the doc this morning. He hurt his back yesterday lifting something heavy and he is totally out of commission. They gave him a muscle relaxer and a pain killer, so he has been out of it today. I am hoping he will be back to himself soon. Rod, I told him he needs to get his core stronger to help him heal more easily. Anyway, eating was great today. Made some baked ziti with ground turkey added in for protein and low fat cheese. I also had a great workout. Really pushed myself on the treadmill today and then did weights. Hope everyone is having a great night!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

hey gang! Great opening Macy!

Dry outside today but not warm enough to tempt me to exercise outside--did my routine to Hellboy (great movie....) indoors, instead. Hopefully it warm up around here--I am tired of rain!!--so I can enjoy my walks and bike.

That is about it.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! We were in the 40’s here today so I dug out some winter sweaters to wear. I was very disciplined on food today so that pesky 1.5 pounds I found this weekend will hopefully go away soon.
Rod, thank you for the kind words. You should be very pleased and proud with your list of healthy lifestyle changes. Good luck on making up your mind about the job. The phone conversation sounds weird, I wonder if he was putting you on mute and discussing your answer with other people? I hope you and Charlie don’t have to go through all of this much longer.
Ellen, thank you for the lovely compliment. It sounds like you are making wise choices with your eating. That is great the results from your blood work were so positive. I don’t mind walking on the treadmill, I usually turn on a movie and it’s painless.
Linda, thank you so much for saying you are proud of me. Tiny Marcy – tee hee.
1.gif
The visit to your mom sounds fun for everyone and I am sure the dogs and kids enjoyed the park. You are Rod are correct – Coke does not taste as good to me as it used to.
Dragonfly, I am so glad you went fishing this weekend and got in a lot of walking. Your list is awesome. My food allergies are better too because I don’t expose myself to that much food anymore.
Thank you Sevens One. It’s great to see you stop by and visit us.
Appletini, I really like “when I think I can’t, I really can”. What a great attitude! I am glad the breakfast cookies worked out for you today.
Bee, your kitty looks cute. I can’t wait to see him growing up.
Thing20f2, I love sweets too but what works for me is on days I stay in my calories – I get a treat at night. It is usually slow churned ice cream but sometimes it is miniature candy bars. I think I would be more tempted to eat sweets if I didn’t allow myself to have some all the time. I weigh myself every day. I know some people say once a week is fine but I want to know where I’m at each day.
Steph, sorry to hear about Adam’s back. I hope he feels better tomorrow. Your baked ziti sounds really good. Yay for a great workout.
Thanks, Sharon! I haven’t watched that movie, I’ll have to check it out sometime. We are pretty cold and rainy here too, will summer ever get here?
Well, I must go fill out my application for a passport. Marty wants me to get it before our trip to Glacier next month.
TTFN!
35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously my healthy lifestyle didn''t improve my vision. I just went to take out my contacts. I pulled my hair behind my left ear and see a WG diamond cluster dangle earring which is what I picked out to wear today. I pulled back my hair behind my right ear and something doesn''t look right - it''s one of my YG diamond dangle studs. It''s a good thing I have long hair and you usually don''t see my earrings. Too funny. I guess I need to put them in different little sections in my earring drawer.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha ha, Marcy that is tooooooooooooooo funny. During the winter, I had one brown sock on and one blue one. Good thing I wasn''t going anywhere.
9.gif

Oh and by the way. I got honked at three times today, for not paying attention. I was looking at my Pad ring in the sunlight while driving.
20.gif

Linda

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod-thanks for the information on seeds! I do love the shelled salty ones...as a former smoker I have a big oral fixation, so I loved to crack them in my mouth!

Linda-I eat them until my tongue feels like it''s going to bleed! I LOVE them!

marcyc-I definitely need to cut back on the sweets. A system like what you have sounds reasonable. I don''t count calories at all, although it probably wouldn''t hurt to figure out how many calories different foods have. I seriously have no self control when it comes to sweets-it''s kind of ridiculous. Luckily I have a fairly high metabolism and I do exercise pretty regularly. However, I know all that sugar isn''t good for me, and the older I get, the slower my metabolism gets!

I had 2% Fage with honey and a Tofutti Cutie ice cream sandwich (small and made with soy ice cream) tonight...I probably should have stuck to just one of the treats, though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, I would be staring at your pad sapphire all the time too. It is SOOOOOOO gorgeous. Too funny about the socks. Marty has that problem a lot – but only because I can’t tell the difference sometimes when I sort socks after taking them out of the dryer.
Thing2of2, that is awesome you have a high metabolism. The evening treats really have worked well for me. I have a diet scale and weigh out my slow churned ice cream but I really feel like I had a treat.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We enjoyed our salads, but didn't go sit under the oak. By the time we finished dinner, it was nearly 8 PM and it was just too late to go out. I did however, go to the Sbucks nearer our condo and bought some decaf to go. We just watched drivel on TV, had our coffee and some dark chocolate for dessert. We've discovered a new dark chocolate (at least to us), which I think is better than Lindt. It's called Green and Black's Organic 70% Dark Chocolate. It's so smooth and yummy.

Tomorrow, will be a fairly normal day. We'll go to the gym in the afternoon. But since we didn't do Sushi Monday like we usually do, we're meeting some friends at the newly opened favorite Sushi place #2 tomorrow night. We've missed it and are looking forward to trying out the new location.

Be careful staring at that Pad Linda!! LOL You don't want to miss a stop sign or a stop light while you're looking at it.

Steph, I can so relate to Adam hurting his back. As you've read from me before, I've always suffered from lower back problems and it wasn't until I strengthened my core that my back troubles have pretty much become a none issue in my life. I'm not a believer in muscle relaxers though. Instead, I'm a BIG BIG believer in Chiropractic. It's saved me more times than I can count. Adam might want to schedule an appointment with a Chiropractor. I truly think they're miracle workers. I hope he feels better soon.

Hey Sharon. Sorry you're tired of rain. I hope it warms up soon for you.

Marcy, doesn't Colorado know it's almost June outside?? 40's for a high in late May?? Sorry, too cold for this Florida boy. Thanks for the kind words on my healthy list btw. I am proud of the changes I've made in my life too! Cute story about the mismatched earrings!! LOL

thing, I'm sure if you watch your total sodium intake, you can indulge in the salted seeds. Just try to cut out some salt from other things you eat. Obviously, there are good benefits to sunflower seeds in general.

I was watching Gems TV last night and they were selling a lot of Zultanite. It's really a beautiful gem. So Diamond like. Do any of you own Zultanite?

I guess that's it for me for the day. Sleep well everyone.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
sorry, the Zultanite just caught my eye. I''ve never heard of it, but it immediately reminded me of the movie, "Dude, Where''s My Car?" The people dressed in bubble wrap worshipped "Zoltan".

We''ve been doing big time yard work, like cutting down trees and stuff, and I''m just too tired to workout. And, the hives don''t help....

Super busy this week but I hope all is going well!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
bee, your new little meow meow is so precious...

thing, one thing that helps me with sweets is just to not have them in the house, also don''t go to the grocery store when you are hungry, you''ll buy anything.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning........

We have a sick kitty
7.gif
She''s lethargic and didn''t eat anything last night, so we just took her to the vet. They''re booked, so we had to leave her so the vet can check her out today. Hopefully, it''s just a little bug as she was full of energy and fine just the day before yesterday. But, she means the world to us, so if there''s anything wrong, we need to get it taken care of right away.

SS, I copied this about Zultanite and thought you might find it interesting. The stone is quite beautiful and is pretty new too:

Zultanite: A Turkish Delight

When shopping for a gemstone, you are faced with an array of amazingly diverse choices, with as many different colors, cuts and countries of origin to choose from as there are individual styles. As a bridge between two cultures, Turkey is a unique blend of East and West. The birthplace of major civilizations, including the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires, despite Chalcedony Quartz''s name being derived from Chalcedon, an ancient port near present day Istanbul, Turkey is not usually a country associated with gemstones, until now.

Relatively new to the jewelry world, Zultanite is one gemstone whose amazing natural color changing abilities makes it well suited to savvy jewelry connoisseurs. As you watch its colors change from kiwi to champagne to raspberry, you too will be entranced by Zultanite''s 100% natural beauty. The pinnacle of exclusivity, beauty, rarity and desirability, Zultanite is a rising star in fine jewelry due to its sparklingly brilliant tranquil colors. Like Tanzanite, Zultanite is so rare that it comes to you from only one source in the world, a remote mountain area in Anatolia, Turkey. Named by Murat Akgun in honor of the 36 sultans who ruled the Ottoman Empire in Anatolia in the late 13th century, Zultanite is a true Turkish delight.

A gem that changes color?

Color change gems show different colors when viewed under different light sources, such as sunlight and indoor light. Astonishingly beautiful, exotic and rare, Zultanite demands a double take - its unique color change is truly that mesmerizing. If for you fashion is all about getting attention, Zultanite is set to redefine your look.

While some of Zultanite''s key characteristics are its delicate color saturation, durability and scintillation (play of light), the beauty and intrigue of this regal gemstone ultimately lies in its different colors. Zultanite displays a range of earthy hues and similar to the famous color change gem Alexandrite, it can change from kiwi greens in sunlight (candescent light) to raspberry purplish-pinks in candlelight (incandescent light). But unlike other color change gems such as Alexandrite, Zultanite''s color change is not limited to two basic colors. Incredibly, the same Zultanite can also exhibit khaki greens, sage greens, cognac pinks, pinkish champagnes, canary yellows, rich champagnes and gingers in different light sources. Zultanite''s kiwi greens with canary flashes are noticeable under sunny skies, while traditional indoor lighting will elicit rich champagne colors. During a candle lit dinner, the same gem reveals pink to raspberry hues. While just wearing Zultanite unveils its breathtakingly diverse colors, one of its most unique characteristics is that unlike other color changes gems, Zultanite''s best color change is not dependant on dark tones. According to the leading gemstone author Antoinette Matlins, some women prefer the colors of Zultanite because they like the more subtle pastel contrast and find they complement earth tones (green, chocolate, mocha and gold), making the gem more wearable. Like all color change gemstones, the larger the Zultanite, the more visible the color change.

As if one phenomena wasn''t enough, some Zultanite also possess the coveted cat''s eye effect. Chatoyancy or the cat''s eye effect is a reflection effect that appears as a single bright band of light across the surface of a gemstone. It is caused by the reflection of light by parallel inclusions.

The GIA (Gemological Institute of America) classifies Zultanite as a Type II transparent gemstone, meaning that it is usually eye-clean (no visible inclusions when the gem is examined approximately 6 inches from the naked eye) with some inclusions visible under 10x magnification. Inclusions are tiny natural features that grow within the crystal during a gem''s formation within the earth. Mostly microscopic in nature, inclusions are a fascinating hallmark of authenticity, recording a gem''s natural relationship with the earth. They are also extremely useful to gemologists when identifying natural gemstones from synthetics and imitations.

Zultanite registers 7 out of 10 on the Mohs'' Hardness Scale (a system devised in the 18th century by a Viennese mineralogist Friedrich Mohs to measure the ability of a gem to resist surface scratching), has a refractive index of 1.75 and specific gravity of 3.39. Unless you''re a gemologist, these numbers won''t mean much to you, but these characteristics make Zultanite an excellent jewelry gemstone. As 100% natural gemstone, Zultanite is one of the few gems that have no known enhancements or treatments.

While the newness of Zultanite means that it has had little time to accumulate legends and lore, for those interested in the esoteric properties attributed to gemstones, some people believe Zultanite can assist in the development of psychic power, astral force, ambition, intellect, desire and emotions based on intellect and touch.

Zultanite not diaspore

First faceted in the late seventies (1977), Zultanite is an extremely rare gemstone that despite its beauty and suitability for jewelry was previously plagued by scant availability. While an article in "Gems & Gemology" magazine (Winter 1994) indicated that supplies were promising, this hasn''t translated into the availability of good quality gems until recently. While some jewelers previously sourced limited quantities of this gem marketed under their mineral name Diaspore, please don''t confuse the two. Zultanite is your guarantee that each gem has been optimally cut by some of the world''s most experienced lapidaries.

Zultanite''s mineral name "Diaspore", comes from the Greek word "diaspora" meaning "to scatter". While Diaspore was first discovered in 1801 in Mramorskoi, Kossoibrod, Ural Mountains, Russia, the Turkish deposit remains the world''s only source of Zultanite.

All gems are rare, but some are rarer than others

By their very definition, all gemstones are rare (to be classed as a gem, a mineral or organic material used for personal adornment must be rare, beautiful and durable), but like many things, rarity is relative. Apart from their color change and discovery in Russia''s Urals (Alexandrite was discovered in Russia''s Ural Mountains in 1834), Alexandrite and Zultanite''s names both have royal connections, Zultanite being named in honor of Ottoman sultans and Alexandrite being named for a Russian tsar, but which is rarer? While comparative rarity is always difficult to gauge, in terms of natural occurrence, Zultanite is far rarer. Zultanite is only mined in one country, while Alexandrite is currently mined in seven.

Although it was initially collected by mineral enthusiasts and independent miners in the mid eighties, Zultanite is now mined commercially. Mined by hand with chisels and pick-axes in Turkey''s Anatolian Mountains (Milas county of Muðla) at a height of over 4,000 feet, the world''s only Zultanite deposit is 7 miles away from the nearest village of Selimiye. But its rarity isn''t just dictated by its natural scarcity and remoteness, Zultanite tests the skills of even experienced cutters due to the difficultly in correctly orientating each crystal to accentuate its inherent color change. With up to 98% of the crystal lost during cutting, its unbelievably low yield (2%) really reinforces the exclusivity of this truly beautiful gemstone and is one of the reasons Zultanite is so rare, especially in sizes over 5 carats.

Brilliant, mesmerizing and fashionable, phenomenal Zultanite is a rare star in fine jewelry design, deserving pride of place in every serious jewelry collection.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am sending out my strongest prayers for Sakai, hopefully it is just a little bug she has picked up and she will be back to normal in no time!!

Bee - what a pwesshusss little darling!! Amber is going to be beside herself with that little pudden to care for!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. I''ve nothing to report at all-was working from 7am this morning and have an hour off now and then in till 7 tonight
14.gif
Then SATC movie
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks for all the compliments on my new little kitten-I can''t wait to see him again! I''d better fly as I have to head back to work but will post more later!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning. I''m doing a quickie today as I have a bunch to get to
7.gif

Today I started a new routine. has anyone else tried the Core Dance program? It''s based on salsa dance and supported by one of the Dancing with the Stars Judges. I started it this morning and really enjoyed it, even though I''m still earning how to move my hips like that haha. It was fun! That was around 45 mins, then I did about 15 mins of a cardio boxing class that was on FIT TV. They moved to a ball after that and I wanted to cool down, so I put on a tape of yesterday''s Namaste Yoga and did that for another 15 mins. Breakfast was egg with tea. Lunch is going to be left over stir fry. Dinner will probably be something fast as I have a lesson to teach.

CIAO!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!
35.gif
I was fortunate enough to have a four day weekend but now it''s back to the grind (aka work). I was able to keep up a great gym routine, making sure to do cardio along with weight training. I think the new manager is a great asset and it really motivated me last week to get things moving again. I went ice skating yesterday and had a blast. There were only a few people there, mostly those that are training for competitions. One of the trainers there trained the Olympic medalist Elvis Stojko, which is pretty impressive. Another trainer helps out with private lessons (and helped BF & I before) and he was there yesterday giving us a few pointers. All in all, it was a great weekend. The diet was a little off for the weekend but I knew that going in. This week, I''m honkering down and getting serious again
emteeth.gif

steph - Mmm - your peaches sound devine (as well as the cobbler!). Thanks for sharing your perspective on the importance of diet combined with exercise. It''s nice to know I''m not the only one experiencing this :)
bee - LOVE the photo of the new kitty - so cute! Enjoy S&TC today! I have tickets booked for the US premiere on Friday. Have a great trip to Perth!!!
Rod - Sending lots of good wishes for your sick kitty. Glad to hear the back is feeling better!
marcy - Thanks for the great opener this week. I''m glad to hear that you are okay after the storms. Yeah for being down 156 lbs!!! That''s AMAZING! Keep up the great work!

Hello to all the other WWTers out there! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod: I am flying tons of fairy dust for your precious little kitty. Please keep us posted. I am also glad that your back is better.

I have heard of the the gemstone Zultanite. It is supposed to be gorgeous and verrrry expensive too.

I promise to be careful, while driving wearing my Pad HA!!! Rick always tells me not to wear it, while driving. I should listen to him. He told me once only to wear it, when HE is driving.
9.gif

Nothing new to report here either. We are going on vacation, leaving on June 20th, the boys last day of school. We are taking them to a camping resort, near Lake Tahoe. It is beautiful there. They can fish and swim. The campground has a huge swimming pool and they love that. They have already submitted their list to me, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, ha ha ha ha ha. They make me laugh so.

We love sleeping in our 5th wheel, it is so cozy in there. Mazie sleeps with us and hogs the bed too.

Hi Bee, PW, Dragonfly and Lorelei
35.gif

Will check back later

Have a great day all.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Linda!
35.gif
Hope you had a great weekend. Lake Tahoe is beautiful - what a great trip!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just picked up Sakai from the vet. They really don''t have a clue what''s wrong with her. But, she has lost 1/3 pound since last fall and for a kitty who only weighs a tad over 5 pounds, it''s a troubling sign (at least according to our vet). So, they''re ordered about $500 worth of blood work to see what, if anything is wrong. In the meantime, they''re sent us home with anti-nausea medication. The hope is she''s just having a little stomach issue and will be OK. I honestly don''t think we could handle anything serious with Sakai. She is the most precious animal we''ve ever had and with everything else we''ve been struggling with the last few months, including the loss of her sister the same week we were both laid off, it would be just too much. Anyway, thanks for the good wishes and dust for our little girl. It means a lot.

We''ll be heading out to the gym in a little while. Then, we''re going to the Sushi restaurant with a friend we''ve become close to the last few months. He''s from Lebanon and is such a kind and good individual.

I did contact the company I interviewed with last week and decided to go forward with the next step in the interview process. I''m still conflicted over this, but I don''t really have any good options at this time and it''s just time to be doing something, even if it''s not the most perfect something.

I''ll check back later. I hope you''re having a good day.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I hope Sakai will be OK. I am still sending tons and tons of fairy dust from California to her.

I am also sending good wishes for the next step in your job interview. Enjoy your lunch with Charlie and your friend.

Post more later.

Linda

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evening everyone! SATC movie is fab!! Really really really good. It was so nice to see new material.

Linda-thanks for the compliments on the kitty!!

Rod-thanks also! I just think that he''s beautiful.That phone conversation definitely sounds strange. It''s so much harder to gauge also over the phone. Enjoy the gym today! I''m so sorry to read about your kitty! I''m sure that she''ll be fine. Sending lots of hugs to Sakai. I hope that they find out what is up with her soon.

Thanks thing2!Just take it one day at a time with the cokes. Instead of saying that you will drink less for the next week, just try even to drink one less tomorrow and take it from there.

Hi Steph and Canuk!

Marcy-thank you! I''m sure that you will lose those 1.5 lbs in no time.

thanks appletini-I love my new meow meow! I agree with you on not having the sweets in the house. I do the same.

Lorelei-thanks!! Amber will be in her element when she meets her little kitty!

dragonfly-that dance workout sounds like great fun!

Patiently-thank you! The movie is amazing! Glad that you enjoyed your four day weekend and got the exercise in.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I hope your kitty is okay. I love my cats so much that I can't even think about something happening to them. I'm sending loads of PS fairy dust your way!

bee*, great point about the Cokes! Today I've only had 2, so that's good for me!

apple, I totally need to never buy sweets...when I have them here, that's all I can think about!

Today I skipped breakfast and had an early sushi lunch and a Coke. I did have a Cow Tail, but I just had one! I had an Odwalla superfood bar before my dance class, and I had another great dance class today so I got a pretty good workout. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about dinner...I might just have cereal because I don't feel like going out to get anything.

I'm liking checking in here so far-it makes me think about what I eat, which is good-I usually just eat whatever! Hope everyone had a good healthy day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank so much for the well wishes for our kitty, everyone. We''re trying to remain optimistic, but we also know we almost lost her a year ago and our vet is concerned there''s a connection. Having just lost Koh a couple months ago, we just can''t fathom the thought of losing her. We did discuss being kittiless for a while if the worst happens. On a positive note, we were able to get her to eat some treats from our hands, which is a really good sign and as I type this, she is on Charlie''s shoulder, which is another good sign. We''ll be giving her the anti-nausea medicine soon.

Dinner at the newly opened favorite Sushi place #2 was absolutely fantastic. I think I had mentioned that this is the son of the owner of favorite Sushi place #1 (our Friday night spot) and it was so nice to see his mother there helping. We saw many regulars and the place was quite busy, which is just fantastic considering they just opened in their new location (albeit not as convenient new location) last night. It was fun to see our regular waiter and the entire team in place. The new restaurant is a bit more upscale in decor and it just felt really good.

bee* we''re supposed to go see SATC Friday with a young couple we met recently. They''re engaged and getting married in October. We''re both old enough to be their father, but for some reason, we just hit it off. They were actually shocked when we told them our true age. See, eating healthy and exercising truly has major dividends!!

I have a phone screen with another company tomorrow morning. And tomorrow afternoon, I''ll be having my second discussion with the company I interviewed with last week. At least I have a couple things to consider. I hope none of you ever have to experience what me, Charlie, Monnie and Mr. Monnie have had to experience.

I''ll check in again later or in the morning. I hope you all had a good day.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys. This needs to be short...I have a fever and sore throat and will be going to bed soon
14.gif
. Nothing too much to report. I started feeling bad around lunch so obviously I didn''t workout. Hopefully it''s nothing big so I can get back to my routine soon...I really feel yucky if I don''t at least go for a walk during the day.

Hi, Sharon and Lorelei

Marcy, that is crazy that you guys are still in the 40s. It is so hot here already that it is miserable unless you are in the water. I''m sure that pesky 1.5 lbs will disappear soon.

Linda, yes please do be careful driving....I can so relate. The car just makes your rings sooo sparkly!

Thing2, I''ve wanted to try those tofutti cutie ice creams...are they good?

Rod, just wanted to say I hope little Sakai is feeling better soon and that it is nothing more than a little bug. Our little puppy is prone to becoming sick and we have spent major $$ on her with bloodwork and hospital stays, etc. It is heart-wrenching to see them feel bad. I''m sure she''ll be back to normal soon. Also, dust coming your way across the state for the job situation. Let us know how it goes.

Bee, your kitty is so cute! Woohoo for seeing SATC...I am waiting until I visit my hometown in June to see it with my best girlfriends, but I can''t wait!

Somethingshiny, yardwork counts as a workout....it burns tons of cals!

Appletini, yes...I agree about not going to the grocery store hungry...I always try to plan on going right after a meal.

Dragonfly, the core dance sounds fun...might have to look into it.

Patienly Waiting, great job on on the workouts.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results