shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 6th April till 12th April

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 11:30:57 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 4/8/2009 7:53:06 AM
Author: merrymunky
Hello all. Apologies for the long absence.

Hope you are all well.

According to this weeks weight in I have lost 15lb. That''s 1 stone 1lb loss. Hell yeah!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Gecko, the herbs I grow in containers so I can take them in when it gets cold. But they never last through the winter. The vegetables in a small SMALL plot in the garden across the street. UGH! about the hand. I have pretty limp veins in my hand too. I thought they always draw blood from the elbow crease...

Dragon, I figured you did a lot of home workouts! Good for you for having the motivation to keep up with it! I kinda like running on empty dirt roads. I didn''t think I would but congested city streets are a less appetizing option.

Burk, I hope the daily walks help T out. I''m not a parent but I can only imagine the helpless feeling you get when your little one is sick. HUGS!

It''s 50s here! Maybe I''ll drag my toosh out for a run today...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; i went to muscle hour that my friend teaches, it was fun to catch up with her after class. It was a really good workout out. I am so sore from yesterday too. Tonight I am making the Weight watchers Shepard's pie; I hope it turns out yummy and if so I will post the recipe. Tomorrow I have my nephew instead of today so I am crossing my fingers that is warm enough to go to the park tomorrow.

Have a great day all
35.gif

LISA, glad it is warming up; I love fresh herbs too. Hope you have a wonderful run!!

ROD, I pray the economy turns around soon; it probably is very heart breaking to have so many people needing jobs out there. hugs. Enjoy the gym.

MERRYMUNKY, I have been thinking about you; yay for 15 lbs, that is FABULOUS
36.gif

GECKO, I have my fingers crossed honey.

DRAGON, did you like my song list? hehe Or is it weird? Yay for sushi.

BURK, aw, poor T, I have her in my prayers; give her a big hug for me please. Yay for step last night and a beautiful day today. You and T enjoy your walk.
1.gif

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! I haven''t checked in in a while. I seem to have hit a plateau in my weight loss. It was inevitable.
7.gif
So I added some free weight workouts into my routine, hopefully that will boost things some. Before I was just doing diet and cardio. I just can''t get my weight to budge at the moment, and I was losing a steady 2 lb a week there for a while. Bummer!

Good luck y''all...
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

I can't remember if I've checked in this week yet or not, but I did a hard hour on the hampster wheel Monday and yesterday, and a a quasi hard hour on the dreadmill today.

Probably won't work out tomorrow (horror of horrors!) but I have a 9 am walk-through, a 10 am closing, then going to have a late lunch with some of our favorite PSers (TACORI and NEATFREAK! And their ADORABLE munchkins!), and then coming back to have dinner with the XHH. Oy. I'm exhausted just thinking about all of that... !

Have to do a zillion things and then walk the monsters so this is a quick one. Hello everyone!
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went for a 30 min walk around the neighborhood when I got home.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
No formal workout tonight. DH wanted to go golfing since the weather was nice so I had T and I didn''t feel like running on the treadmill. Tomorrow night is step, though. I did eat better today so that''s a positive!

lliang~Thank you! It does break my heart that she doesn''t feel well and isn''t acting like herself. Hope you were able to go for your run!

Skippy~yay for another challenging workout!! Thanks for thinking of T. She got a big hug from Miss Skippy before she went down for the night!
2.gif
It was a gorgeous day and it felt good to be outside again. Hope it sticks around!

fuzzers~hope you''re able to get your weight to budge soon!

Dee*Jay~Your day makes me tired just thinking about it!
3.gif
Have a great time with Neat and Tacori (and make sure someone takes pictures!)

apple~Hope your walk was in good weather!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was a typical Wednesday. Long day at the office. I got hom at 6:30 and put some chicken in the oven and fixed some steamed veggies for dinner. Charlie''s packing for his trip to Buffalo tomorrow morning. I''ll just have a routine Thursday with the gym after work tomorrow night. I''m beginning to sound like a broken record, so this will be my daily confessional.

I do have to say CONGRATULATIONS Merry!!!! It''s great to hear you''re still losing weight. We''re all proud of you!!!!!!

To everyone esle, HI..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Everyone.Sorry I didn’t check in last night.Marty worked late so we got home about an hour and a half later than normal.Then I cooked supper, packed lunch, graded papers and it was time for bed.Tonight I am working on laundry and already have my dozen papers graded.

My day at work was much better today.Three down and two more to go.It sounds like the snows will return tomorrow.Let’s hope it’s not another blizzard.

I am sure behind on everyone’s posts.That will teach me.

I zipped out to the mall during lunch today to look at emerald cut diamonds.My Z ring order was cancelled but they have a similar ring online that was more expensive.If I am paying that kind of money it’s going to some nice PS friendly site.I found a ring similar to what I’d ordered and I did like it okay but I liked the solitaires better.One jewelry store is having a remountsale this weekend so I will go see what they have.

Dragonfly, you garden sounds great.You will enjoy fresh veggies this summer.

Burk, no worries about a few days of eating some treats. We all have off days.I hate to hear T is having trouble with milk.Glad to hear she’s still smiling though.

Appletini, your trip will be fun.How many years will you be celebrating?

Skippy, this a great and supportive group.I am much better today, thanks.Glad you had a great workout today.The weather sounds great there.

Lisa, I didn’t get bad migraines until I lost weight.I know they say caffeine can really help curb a migraine so I figure all the chocolate and cola I consumed helped them from getting too bad.I have Marty do the cooking on the grill.Ssh, I can but since he seems to think it’s his job I will gladly let him do it.Yay for noticing changes in your body from your hard work.

Rod, you are certainly on the front lines dealing with people facing very difficult times.I know it tugs at your heart which makes it all the more difficult for you since you can’t help them all.I hope things start to improve soon.

Merry, I am delighted to hear you’ve lost 15 pounds.Congratulations.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I’ve missed you and wondered how you are doing.

Dani, good luck on the blood tests.Sorry to hear they massacred your hand.I hate bonkers days at work.

Fuzzers, I usually lost inches when I hit a plateau.That’s always a good thing too.I am sure your scale will budge again.

DeeJay, have fun at lunch.Take pictures please.

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
... slinks in...

I didn''t go running today. My sister called and I much rather talk on the phone with her. Bad bad bad. But tomorrow I''m going to do something for sure!!! I really can''t wait for sis to get back. I find it so hard to motivate myself. And I have a wedding in 5 months, you''d think that''d be motivation to keep going....
20.gif

Lunch today was a chickpea salad, so pretty good. i had some extras today I normally don''t (granola bar for lunch & some extra fruits as snacks during the day). Dinner I ordered in sushi. Sister was going for it for dinner tonight and all of a sudden it sounding like a REALLY good idea.

Skip, great for catching up with friends AND work out to boot!!! Go you! Let me know how the Shepherd''s pie turns out. It''s one of James''s favorites so I like to make it too. Plus y''know it''s just tasty. Have fun with the munchkin tomorrow! I hope you guys can make it to the park :)

Fuzzers, sorry about the plateau. Stay the course! You''ll break through :) How''s school going?

Dee, have fun at lunch! Sounds like you have a busy day. Good thing most of it sounds like fun :) Do take some pictures! The weather''s supposed to be pretty decent so Yay!

Burk, how was DH''s golf game? I never learned how to play. Do you play? great for eating better today!

Rod, sorry work''s been rough. I also hope things will get better. I''m sure we''ll all come out of this but it stinks as we''re going through it now.

Marcy, snow again?!? Groan!!!! I hope you find some nice stuff @ the remount sale. I love how this is a HLT but we still always talk about jewelry. LOVE pricescope :) Sorry the migraines are worse. Is there anything you can take to make them less painful? I so agree with you about the whole grilling thing :)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Marcy,
We will be celebrating 3 years! Its gone by so fast but they say time flies when you are having fun!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning!!! I am watching my nephew today; we hope to go to the park if it isn't too windy. It was in the low 70's yesterday but today is suppose to be in the mid 60's. hehe my nephew saw me typing and walked over and thought the emotions were funny.

Hope everyone has a great day.
35.gif

FUZZERS, oh no, I am sorry you hit a plateau, have you been getting enough protein in and maybe adding more fruit and veggies? Hang in there it will move.

DEEJAY, have a wonderful time today, yay!!!

APPLE, woo for the walk!

BURK, that is fun hubby went golfing. Aww, thanks for giving T a hug for me. Thanks about the workout; hope you have a wonderful workout! Today might be my day off if we don't go to the park.

ROD, have a wonderful uber workout!!

MARCY, you had a busy evening. oh no, more snow! It is suppose to get cooler here too, maybe 50's 60's; I want warmer weather. hehe Sorry about your zales ring; the right ring will come along.

LISA, ah, gald you chatted with your sis. The Shepherds pie was good but hubby said it isn't like the real shepherds pie; I liked it. He said it usually has a lot of gravy; this has red wine sauce. Oh I love sushi; sounds like a great evening! Oh how exciting your wedding is in 5 months!!!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back from the park; it was windy but we had a good time.
1.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
tip toe, tip toe...

I hit the gym yesterday and today and it felt GREAT! DH has been urging me to do some interval training on the treadmill, just to mix things up a bit. I found a program in some random magazine and gave it a shot. Wow- it really makes the time go by quicker. Plus, I love having some direction to my treddy workouts (i admit it, i need to be told what to do!)

I did the program 2x yesterday, but only had time for 1 round today. It's 20 minutes long.

I really need to step things up next week and prep for going back to bootcamp on the 20th. I'm glad i took some time off as it was getting tough having to awake so early each morning and go thru BC in the dark and cold (for me!). Anyway, i'm looking forward to going back.

I weighed myself today, and i finally broke into the 140's!! I was stuck at 150-151 for what seemed like forever- then again i haven't been pushing myself these last 4 weeks or so. But i've been dilligent with the eating so that has certainly helped.

I'm sorry that i cannot address everyone individually today- it's just one of those days here in the office.

But I did want send a CONGRATS to Merry. YAHOO on 15 lbs lost! That's awesome!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that I haven''t read everyone''s post but, I lost 16lbs last month! I haven''t been weighing myself at home much so this came as a big surprise at my Doc''s this morning! I am so pumped right now I could probably burst! I just wanted to give myself a shout-out before I dropped my son off at preschool
9.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another shout-out for you, akmiss!

CONGRATS
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.

35.gif
It’s snowing again.
39.gif
At least we are only expecting a few inches this time.It’s so wet our sat dish is covered so no TV to listen to while I am goofing off on Pricescope.

We went to supper so I brought home ½ of mine for lunch tomorrow.Eating is so much cheaper for me these days.

Lisa, I am sure you’ll be glad to have your sister home so you can go workout with her.They have a great pain med at work that is awesome for migraines.I have no idea what brand it is but it works great.I don’t get headaches too often though.I am looking forward to the remount sale.I rarely buy anything because their prices are Tiffany-like but it’s fun to look.

Appletini, Happy Third Anniversary! Time does fly when you are having fun.

Skippy, how cute your nephew liked the emoticons.We are usually in the 60’s by now but not so much this year.I am sure it’s for the best the Z ring was cancelled.I would probably have hated it.I was checking out an EC diamond on WF last night.I kind of hate to spend that much money right now.

ChargerGirl, congratulations for making it in to the 140’s.

36.gif

AKmiss, congratulations for losing 16 pounds.

36.gif
You should be shouting it out to everyone!

Take care.

Marcy

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! akmiss & Merry are doing so AWESOME! HUUUUUGE congrats to both of you!!!!

Skip, Yay for the park. You nephew''s so cute how much he likes the emoticons :) Funny your husband prefers real shepherd''s pie. I''m glad you liked it though. I kinda like my SP on the dry side, so your hubby probably wouldn''t like mine. Ha ha.

Charger, awesome you hit the gym and you''re going back to boot camp. Yay for breaking your plateau!!! :)

Rod, hope your uber day went well.

Dee, how was lunch with Tac & Neat?

Dinner tonight was spinach lasagna. I got inspired by Skip. I didn''t have lasagna noodles in the pantry, so I had to make them. It was pretty good :) My sister gets back tomorrow! We''re going up to the Indian area in Chicago. Gonna get some lunch (yum yum!), I''ll do some spice shopping and get our eyebrows threaded. We made up a plan to start working out together. She''s going to come over to my house (or I''ll go to hers) and we''re going to work out together. Mostly home stuff and maybe some swimming. She HATES running so we''ll probably only do that once every 2 wks or so. I do want to get her running a 5K without walking. Otherwise a lot of home workout stuff (push ups, crunches, stuff with the bouncy ball).

Have a good night everyone!

~Lisa :)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.........A very tired Rod here. We had to get up extra early this morning, to get Charlie to the airport, so I wouldn't be late to work. Of course on our way down, Charlie remembers that we're supposed to feed a neighbor's cat for the next few days (translation, Rod has to take care of the neighbor's cat), so we had to do that, then leave. I worked a routine long and stressful day. Got to the gym around 6:30 and just pushed myself extra hard. I need to treat myself to a few days off from the gym, so I decided to kill myself tonight, so I could relax over the weekend. Every now and then, it's just a good idea to take a little break from working out and let your muscles completely heal. I did the same thing last year at Easter, and when I went back to the gym, I was rested, renewed and ready to push again. Plus, my leg is still bothering me and I think a few days out of the gym will do the pinched nerve some good. We're only working 1/2 day tomorrow......YAYAYAYAY. I so need a break from work.

Sorry for more snow Marcy........when does it stop??

No slinking lliang.....sometimes it's just OK to bag the gym in favor of speaking with your sister!

Congrats on 3 years Apple!

Lucky nephew to be his 'uber' fun Aunt Skippy!! And Yay for the 70s!! It's going to be in the low 80s from tomorrow through the entire weekend!

Interval training the treadmill or any aerobic machine is a great way to increase cardio capacity, build strength and burn additional calories Charger!!

Wow akmiss! 16 pounds is terrific!!

OK......That's all for tonight. Since Charlie's out of town, I think I'm meeting our friend who had the double mastectomy at favorite sushi place number 1 for dinner tomorrow night. Have a good Friday everyone......

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Droopy, rainy day today. Yuck. No step because I was lazy...but I walked on the treadmill. And, I ate a bunch of fruits and veggies today. I have tomorrow off so T and I will be going for our walk and playing all day. yay!!!

Marcy~What do you teach? I''ve had some bad food days, but I''m still working out and I know I will do better starting Monday (it''s a holiday weekend after all
9.gif
). Thanks for thinking of T. We are lucky that she''s still pretty happy during the day.

lliang~We''ve all been there where chatting sounds way more appealing than working out! We''re members at a local country club. DH golfs a lot. I golf some. My family golfed growing up and I hope that we''re able to do it with our kids.

skippy~Glad you and your nephew made it to the park!

charger~Congrats on making it into the 140''s!!

akmiss~yay for 16 lbs!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa, your lasagna sounds great.I think I’ll make some low fat lasagna this weekend.I like how many lunches I can get out of a batch.

Rod, yay for taking a few days off from your intense workouts.I am sure your leg will enjoy the rest too.I am starting to think the snow will never end this year.The forecast for the next 10 days is pretty much rain / snow every other day.

Burk, rats for a dreary, rainy day.I teach astronomy at a community college. Most of it is online with a campus class once a year.Holiday weekends are rough but since we don’t have any family in town right now we’ll probably just hang out and eat normal.I did buy a 5 pack of Lindt chocolate bunnies.They are about 2 inches tall and are only 77 calories.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 9:03:32 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Happy Wednesday kids!

I can''t remember if I''ve checked in this week yet or not, but I did a hard hour on the hampster wheel Monday and yesterday, and a a quasi hard hour on the dreadmill today.

Probably won''t work out tomorrow (horror of horrors!) but I have a 9 am walk-through, a 10 am closing, then going to have a late lunch with some of our favorite PSers (TACORI and NEATFREAK! And their ADORABLE munchkins!), and then coming back to have dinner with the XHH. Oy. I''m exhausted just thinking about all of that... !

Have to do a zillion things and then walk the monsters so this is a quick one. Hello everyone!
35.gif

Guess with all our gabbing we forgot to eat lunch! Haha! Hope you had a great dinner. It was AWESOME meeting you and NF yesterday. You are such a natural with babies. Little Dex adored you. Plus T was totally flirting with you during her lunch. Mr Tacori was in total awe of your beautiful ring and you are tiny, tiny!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 10:35:16 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Guess with all our gabbing we forgot to eat lunch! Haha! Hope you had a great dinner. It was AWESOME meeting you and NF yesterday. You are such a natural with babies. Little Dex adored you. Plus T was totally flirting with you during her lunch. Mr Tacori was in total awe of your beautiful ring and you are tiny, tiny!
Yay for the meet up!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I bet all the babies were adorable and the ladies too! Sounds like a good time!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good morning, ya''ll!
35.gif

The weather has been quite fine (17 C yesterday), and I think I''ll go for a run today. Warm and I''ll try to miss the rain. We still have plently of snow in our yards, but it is trying to melt....

Shout out to everyone--keep well!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning friends!! It looks like it will be pretty out today; I probably will go for a walk. I just looked at the weather forcast and it looks like it is going to be a windy week.

I have no clue what to make for dinner. Hope everyone has a great weekend; TGIF!!!

CHARGER,
wooo hooo for being in the 140's and all your races; go girl!!!
36.gif
Woo for interval training; sounds like hubby is working out with you, that is fab!! Your boot camp sounds like an uber workout!

AKISS,
love the stone in your avatar. WOOO for losing 16 lbs
36.gif
awesome!!!

MARCY,
wow, you all really got lots of snow lately; I am sorry, bummer. Drive down this way.
2.gif
Yay for eating half meals. Thanks about my nephew.

LISA,
thanks, I like that now he is 3 and can tell me things or ask questions. Oh yum to Spinach Lasagna!!!
18.gif
Maybe I will go to your house for dinner; you sound like a fabulous cook!!! Yay for having your sister back; I remember you said you two were very close, aww!!!
1.gif
Have a wonderful time eating Indian tonight.

ROD,
oh no to Charlie forgetting to tell you about feeding the neighbors cat. Yay for giving the muscles a rest! Yay for half day of work today!!!!! Sounds like your weather is fabulous!

BURK
great job getting a workout in even though you were tired, kudos! Yay for a wonderful day w/T all day; awww, she is such a cutie pie!! Is she talking? Singing?

DEEJAY,
I think you met so many of us from the HLT, I was just thinking, Tacori, KIMI, Rod, Mrs. Salvo, Jas, Lisa, and myself, am I missing anyone? hehe Sounds like you all had a fab time w/ babies and bling!!!
1.gif
YAy for meeting Tacori and NF!!!

TACORI,
yay for the meet up; glad you popped in and we need pics!! hehe Wish we could have met you and t too!

SHARON,
Yay for a run; stay warm!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Sorry I was absent yesterday. Stressful day. My friend still had cancer when they did exploratory surgery . Dealt with that all day. Yesterday I did kickboxing then last night did 100 crunches 50 squats and 20 pushups. Tonight I''m planning to do some cardio at SO''s mom''s on her stairs then do sculpting work.

Skippy - So far I''m enjoying it, still looking most of them up though hehe

lliang - SO keeps me on track with workouts hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 11:22:25 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Hey everyone! Sorry I was absent yesterday. Stressful day. My friend still had cancer when they did exploratory surgery . Dealt with that all day. Yesterday I did kickboxing then last night did 100 crunches 50 squats and 20 pushups. Tonight I''m planning to do some cardio at SO''s mom''s on her stairs then do sculpting work.
I hope the surgery was successful, hugs and prayers Dragon.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had a great TBT class today! I almost skipped it but then realized I won''t be able to go on Monday and I didn''t have my PT yestserday.

Also a coworker told me that the Comcast ondemand has free exercise videos...something to check out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning all; I went to WW and lost what I had gained, yay. I have a busy day today. I am meeting up with a friend and then painting. It has been windy and raining so hopefully I can squeeze in a walk? Tomorrow I have to wake up early and go to church and then meet family for brunch. Hope everyone has a good Easter or Passover if you celebrate. Take care and have a great weekend!

APPLE, yay for TBT!

MARCY, how fun to work on decorating. Yum to lasagna; yay for new gems! I ended up eating egg whites with low fat cheese on an english muffin and a bowl of strawberries and orange slices; I didn''t have a lot of calories left so that was a satisfying dinner for hubby and I. hehe Have a great weekend! stay warm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results