shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 2nd November till 8th November

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all!

Weather is back to being pants, rained all day yesterday, I guess thats the start of the soggy miserable UK winter....
40.gif

Anyway....I was thinking today about how easy it is to inhale food without realizing it, even with low calorie foods - they all add up. I know it is old advice but it is something I need to remember and take on board, concentrate on what you are eating and don''t let yourself get too hungry. For example, if I have a bag of rice crackers ( I like the chocolate Quaker ones), I can easily eat 5 or 6 in a sitting, although they are only 60 cals each, if you eat 5 or 6 thats over 300 cals - or a meal! So at the moment I am working at concentrating on what I am eating and how much, plus my '' fullness'' signals. I really try hard not to let myself get too hungry which is the most helpful thing I can do, I am eating little bits on and off all day but I eat things that are high in protein and low in calories for the most part, that way I am rarely ravenous and can remain in control more easily. Also eat enough for nutritional purposes ( fuel) and to satisfy hunger, but pay attention to make sure you aren''t wasting calories, again it all adds up and can make a real difference in the long run.

The journey continues for all of us, well done everyone for sticking with it!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - excellent opener! What an excellent point! I agree, it is easy to lose track of what you are snacking on... and can end up several hundred calories in of just "JUNK" - even if it is "diet junk".

Skippy- ooo snow! In october! That is just stinking... but looks like you''re enjoying it... must be the kid in you. You know, I don''t mind swiss miss- but I try to avoid hot chocolates when I can. I like to stick to teas. They warm me up - and I love the excellent flavor! Jasmine tea... yumm! I haven''t had that in AGES! How''d the kiddies look???? HOW BIZZARE that adults were treating... ????
33.gif

Shiny- sooo true, and when you go to jewelry parties, I always feel obligated to find that one piece that isn''t too awful... even though terribly overpriced. I hope JT had an excellent halloween, and that you had fun! Kitty litter cake... is a halloween awfulness that looks like a litter box. (try google images...) it is a cake dumped into a NEW litter box and served w/ a litter NEW scoop w/ melted and stretched out tootsie rolls on top... very gross to look at. Sounds like JT got quite the loot!!!

Rod- sorry your day was so disappointing. I''m glad the sushi ended it one a positive note - but what a crummy day. Way to work it out and get the delayed onset muscle soreness... whoop whoop!

marcy- sorry working from home was so rough, but at least you could make it in on Friday! Thanks for your confidence, and yeah, just 2 more months of peak insane busy - and it should resume a sense of normalcy. I''ve been enjoying the stars, and everytime I look up I see new stuff, and wonder if it is a constellation or not. I''ve tried googling them... but end up w/ pictures of drawings... and not photos of the nights sky.. so it is HARD to figure out what the heck I''m looking at! haha

CJ!! Hi and I''m glad it is now your favorite time of the year!
35.gif
(Got to google images to see the kitty litter cake... I cannot describe it better than the picture!)

DEEGEE_ YAY! How exciting that you got a new wardrobe in KY! It sounds like it was a very wonderful trip! The frankenstein outfit is awesome! Huge props are in order for your hubs!

Everyone Happy Monday!
35.gif
Weekend was fun. Unintentionally did over a half marathon. Weird huh? Well I got my morning run in, and was feeling great - even though it was only 4:30 am- and went a lot further than I meant to. But that can happen when you run for time and not miles. I was rushing to get back to the house, because my company was taking part in the JDRF charity walk, so I had a good run, showered and cleaned up... and headed down to the lake for a 5k. Hubs and I walked it... and I could tell this walk was not a USATF certified course... I mean, it wouldn''t be... because it is a charity walk... but this "5k" was probably a bit closer to 3.5 or 4 miles.. and not 3.125.. but it was fun. We dressed up like pirates... and it was a bit warm for the hats.. so we ended up taking them off after the first half and co pictures. Hubs and I decorated for treaters - and unfortunately none came!!! So my husband left and pretended like he was a treater for me, so that I could hand out some candy. Glad I didn''t buy that much! During the evening one of my closest guy friends called. I spent 4 hours on the phone with him on Saturday night, and over 8 (broken up) on Sunday. So my weekend was spent consoling a friend. His fiancee has asked for a break- and wants to give the ring back, and he''s just devastated. He''s a cocky dude too, and never likes to admit when he''s wrong... so after about 30 minutes of him saying stuff from his totally warped perspective - I set him straight. Told him that he was an idiot- and stubborn, and that his calling this "stupid argument" was devaluing her opinion on something that was VERY important to her. The sad part was - he doesn''t even see it from her point of view... and it really sounded like he was the one throwing in the towel, even though that was not his intention. He just needs to realize that when you are with your life partner, and love, you can no longer be a coward, you have to say what you think and feel - and if you end up hurt, you end up hurt. You cannot expect to have the other person lay out all they feel on the table... and you hide behind whatever reaction they give you. I hope they can work it out - and that he can work on his communication w/ her - but it may be... too little too late - and that is why I spent the majority of my weekend, listening to him talk in circles- and basically grieve out loud. It was hard - esp knowing that his birthday is tomorrow, and he''ll be spending it alone... because that is the day she wants to return the ring.

"Where there is love, there is pain" Proverb.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AHAHAHAHAHAA This opener was perfect for me this weekend and this morning. This weekend I pretty much ate everything in sight while watching the football game. We won (OF COURSE hehe). I had pigs in blanket, and chips with spinach dip (which is at least not horrible... the dip that is) and mini corn dogs.... ugh. Yesterday I had pizza and crackers, and crab legs, and an energy bar. This morning I SERIOUSLY considered eating TWO hot pockets for breakfast
23.gif
. BUT I am actually doing a clean sweep of our fridge today and stocking up on really healthy things at the grocery and SO and I have decided to start doing healthy and filling smoothies for breakfast so we''re prepping for those too
36.gif
. I got tapioca pudding to have as a snack at work, and am going to get healthy things to keep for snacks, lunches and dinners. Saturday I ran stairs and did jumping jacks. Yesterday we were in the woods and our camp mate has a 13 year old dog who acts and looks like he''s two... so I took him for a nice long walk, and he kept me at a half jog pace lol. Tonight I''m planning to do Jillian Michaels to get me in gear.

Have a great day everyone!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Marcy~ Glad you got to spend time with your sister and have a nice meal out. I was thinking you probably don''t go out for lunch or dinner much since Marty is gone so much. Hope you had fun!

Rod~ Hope your Monday is going well, enjoy your sushi tonight!!

Lorelei~ I''m just now figuring out how much diet food really does add up!! Even picking up something like candy corn, because it''s fat free, adds up VERY quickly!

tlh~ that cake sounds awful! and looks worse!! The one piece of jewelry I found is pretty cute or I wouldn''t have bought it. I got over the obligatory feeling long ago! Those cz''s though, yech! I''ve been trying lots of flavored teas lately but haven''t found any that I like as much as a good Earl Grey. I did have a very nice spiced chai a couple nights ago, but I still wanted a nice full-flavored tea after it. What are your favorites? Yay for a great run!! Sorry you didn''t have any trick-or-treaters. Lol to your DH knocking at your door. It reminds me of the first Halloween I remember. I was 4 and my bro was 5. We had just moved to the Dallas area on a bad side of town. We had a little apartment complex that was full of drugs so my mom didn''t want us to go trick or treating. She spent days making these over-the-top costumes (I was a witch, my brother was a vampire). We took an hour to get ready and headed out the door. My mom told us to knock on our own door. When we did, she opened it and screamed in fright then handed us pre-filled buckets of candy and we went back inside. That was probably my favorite Halloween.

Deegee~ Wow to the giant Frankenstein. I''m pretty sure JT wouldn''t have crossed the sidewalk to your house!

dragon~ Hot pockets?? lol, have you ever heard Jim Gaffigan''s routine? He''s got a big part about Hot pockets and it''s hilarious. Yay for stocking up on healthy foods!

Plans for today, 30 min cardio and 45 min ball. I was watching my nephew for a bit this morning and he just left, so I''ll also be Chloroxing my house. The poor little guy is always sick and is having his tonsils out on Thurs.

On Spark, I like to enter my full day''s menu in the morning. Today I entered the candy I intend on eating and built the rest of the day around it. I figure, I''m gonna eat it, so I may as well make it fit the caloric budget! Looks like lots of low-cal veggies for me today!

JT and I are doing great with the time change. I have been preparing him for it for about two weeks, just moving things by 15 minutes every 3 days. Unfortunately, DH has a long night ahead of him. It''ll feel like 4 am by the time he gets to bed. I''m trying to let him sleep lots this morning but it has been difficult keeping two little guys semi-quiet! It''ll be a hard day for JT since he won''t get to see his daddy much today, too. And the only consolation I have for him is grocery shopping.
20.gif

That''s all for now!

Have a great day, all!!

Here''s a pic of JT and his pumpkins.

1.gif

2009halloween6.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
sorry, double post!

2009halloween6.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends; I am going to do step tonight! I have not done it in ages so I am going to put my step in the far back. hehe It is so pretty and sunny out today!!!
Oh also a good thing that kept me from going overboard on Halloween was my neighbor telling me how thin I was. hehe It was a good reminder for me to stay on track; the holidays are definitely a battle for me!

This morning I volunteered at the food bank and sorted veggies and fruit. I decided to help out because I could not help hubby the days he volunteered for habitat. They were super nice so I probably will go back and help. hehe Oh and just a reminder if you have some canned goods you aren't going to use right now lots of food drives are going on and I am sure your local food bank could use them.
1.gif

Hope everyone has a great and healthy week!!!

LORELEI, excellent opener!!! I sometimes go through mindless eating so writing down my points (cals) helps; thank you for the reminder!!

TLH, teas are my favorite! Oh it was weird having adults coming over for candy; I think next year I will look through the peep hole and ignore them if they are adults, ugh! Oh my, YOU ARE SUPERWOMAN!!! Woohooo for the half marathon; my friend did the NYC marathon this weekend and I thought of you! hehe to dressing up!! Oh no for no t or t's, boo! Glad you helped your friend out and hope they work it out.

DRAGON, mmm pigs in a blanket sound yummy. mmm, I love crab legs, glad you are on track today! Yay for your workout!

SS, awwwww JT is adorable!!!!
9.gif
YAY for your workout!! wooohoo and eating healthy!

ROD, YUM to crab legs and eating on the terrance and enjoying the ocean, sounds wonderful!!!

Hi Marcy, we have a pretty good local Italian restuarant here called Trambinos; I like getting their seafood dishes, yum!

DEGEE, yay for skinny jeans!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
70 cal no sugar added tapioca pudding is my new best friend. MMMMM
18.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off for a nice long walk; I changed my mind as it is 70 DEGREES out so I am going to take advantage of this nice weather!
9.gif
9.gif
emhot.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 6:35:19 PM
Author: Skippy123
Off for a nice long walk; I changed my mind as it is 70 DEGREES out so I am going to take advantage of this nice weather!
9.gif
9.gif
emhot.gif
Did an 75 min walk. Hubby and I had shrimp and veggie stirfry w/TJ's pad thai noodles. I love the big bag of veggy stirfry at TJ's if anyone wants some good frozen veggies. hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agggghhhhhhh........I had written a full hey to everyone, then I lost my entire post. So, hey........long day, but not bad. Good sushi after work. I just don't have the energy to rewrite everything. So again.......hey. Will check in tomorrow night, but it too will be short, as it's a gym night.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Howdy doo!! Well last night I got in some squats, lunges with twist, cross punches and reverse crunches. We had hamburgers and veggies for dinner. I DID revamp our fridge/pantry. We have lots of rice and pasta of course, and beans and tuna. I got 5lbs potatoes, onions, green beans, salad mix, green and red peppers, bananas, tangerines, whole grain bread, shrimp, soy milk, orange juice, bleu cheese, goat cheese, mozzarella, pepperoni, frozen strawberries, frozen mixed berries, frozen peaches, goldfish for SO, hummus, yogurt for smoothies, soup, tortilla chips for so b/c he loves nachos. So we can eat lots of fruits and veggies and yum. I''m planning to make stir fry with some of the shrimp and then we might make some on the grill as well.

Anyways.

Skippy - sounds like you got a fantastic walk in!

Rod - sorry you lost your post. I wish I got sushi more.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
DF- glad that you are back on track! Sometimes you fall off the wagon, it is important that you hop back on... congrats on your team winning! Your workout and eats are DEFINATELY back on track!!!
36.gif

SHINY_ JT IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! You know, I love all teas... that aren''t umm fruit flavored. Like raspberry and mango- the stuff that tastes like potpouri.. yeah i am not fond of those... other than that... I LOVE EM! Earl Gray, English Breakfast... YUMMERS! Lately I really like my sleepytime! Your mom''s halloween was AWESOME! I''m glad that she still made it a night to remember, even if you didn''t go door to door. His pumpkins ROCK of course! I LOVE his pirate costume!!!

Skippy- how nice is it to hear how THIN you are... you definately look awesome! Your friend is awesome... I''d love to do the NY - but man, it is HARD to get in! So props to your friend are definately in order! NICE WEATHER!
36.gif
Enjoy it! Much better than the bitter cold! Thanks for the veggie tip- I''ll have to grab some!

Rod- I HATE it when my posts get eatten! I hope you have a wonderful gym workout - and glad you enjoyed your sushi... I need to make it a staple, because I too love sushi! Toro is my favorite!

Everyone Happy Tuesday!!!
9.gif
It is a gorgeous day, and this morning for whatever reason I woke up mid dream sleep cycle. It was awful. I was soo groggy that I was 2 min/mile slower than usual on my run... and was still have awake when I walked to work. (You know the sticky- eye hurts feeling..) BLEH! So I ran upstairs and got some coffee, and it perked me right up. The oatmeal I had for breakfast, really warmed my bones, and now I''m back to my usual peppy self... just in time for my 2 hour call. Other than that no complaints. Last night I made pineapple porkchops and a celery rice for my husband, and tonight I''m making a barley based vegtable soup (YAY crock pots!)... I love this time of year soo much! The creamers have now come out in the seasonal goodies, and I''ll actually have a cup of coffee every now and again, so it is fun to have the peppermint mocha, or pumpkin spice! I even made some hot apple cider with cinn sticks.. and it just really embraced the fall.. (even though it will be 92* outside today... it still starts off in the upper 40''s- so you feel like it is cold out - until you walk home...) Everyone, I wish you all the best and hope that your day is as good as it can be!

"Everybody, rock your body!" Backstreet Boys

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; I am taking today off from working out. I got my allergy shots and the flu shot today. I have been craving a boca burger w/avocado so that is what we will eat for dinner and an arugula salad. I went to Trader Joe's and bought salad fixins, yum! Anyone else love the low fat Lighthouse Blue cheese salad dressing (found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store)?

Oh today hubby and I met for lunch; I had soup and salad and I went to pay and the restaurant is a mom and pop place. Well it was so cute because the owners son wanted to swipe my cc card; he is only 3 and she wasn't going to let him for fear I would be upset. I said it is okay; the little boy was so cute and proud of himself and of course he said thank you. It was the Cutest thing!!! It just made my day! hehe
9.gif
Happy Tues
35.gif

TLH, that happened to me this morning too; I was in the middle of some deep sleep/dream. agh I hate that; I felt sleepy too! Yay for a run though! My friend entered her name and this was the first time she entered and she got picked for the NYC marathon. What she said about the race was pretty cool. brb... okay this is what she said after the race; you run the first 10 miles with your body, the second 10 miles with your mind and the last 10k with your heart. I thought that was pretty cool!

ROD, phooey, I hate when I lose posts! Hugs and hope you have an uber workout tonight, yay!!!

DRAGON, the weather turned wonderful; I think it is making up for last weeks mini snow (cold temps). hehe Yay for your workout and buying healthy eats!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening everyone!

Matt had to go out of town today, so I''m home by myself and bored. It was dark when I left work at the end of the day, but I worked up the nerve to walk Lily anyway. I turned on just about every light in the house before we left because I hate coming into a dark house when I''m by myself. I''m a big chicken! Since tomorrow is weigh-in, I had a really light sandwich and bowl of fruit for dinner. I wish weigh-in was earlier in the day! I nearly starve by the time our meeting begins at 12:30!!

Lorelei - The topic of our last ww meeting was eating too many 100 calorie packs in a day, thinking you''re doing okay since they''re only 100 calories. You certainly can consume too many calories without even realizing it!

tlh - your charity walk sounds fun! Too bad about your friend and his gf. Men can be really dense sometimes! When Matt is being particularly dingy about something, I tell him I''m going to get out the etch-a-sketch to draw him a picture to get my point across. I''ve never actually tried kitty litter cake, but I think it''s hilarious!

shiny - JT is a cutie pie! I stand at the end of the driveway away from Matt so the little ones won''t be afraid to stop by for candy. Matt''s a natural around kids, and even though they''re usually a little unsure of him in the costume, they usually leave after they''ve given him a hi-5 and posed for a picture with him for their parents.

skippy - I think the upcoming holidays are going to be a real struggle for me. I haven''t had a hard time so far, but I forgot just how much I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin roll, aahhh!!!! Our leader said "that pie feels good for the few minutes you''re eating it, but thin feels good all week." I have to keep reminding myself of that so I won''t undo the good I''ve done! Hubby has already told me that he absolutely won''t eat a Boca burger. The big baby. I think they taste just fine.

dragonfly - wow! You did a major revamp of the pantry! If my hubby ate vegetables, I think his body might go into shutdown from shock. He is trying to cut back on sugar, and that''s a huge start for him.

Rod - I''d love to post a picture of Frankenstein, but I''ve been lazy and haven''t taken the time to learn how to resize and post pictures on my macbook. Gosh, I''ve been lazy! I hope work is going better for you this week. I''ll be out next week, and it seems like all kinds of weird things are happening this week that need my attention. I can''t get ahead, and it''s going to drive me crazy while I''m gone.

I''d like to get to bed early tonight, but I have a hard time sleeping the first night Matt is away. I''m going to give it a try anyway. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.....this must be really short. It''s already 11 PM and I have to shut down and go to bed. To recap my day........it was truly an ''uber'' long one. Work was incredibly busy, but productive. I got a new requirement yesterday and I already have 3 people interviewing tomorrow. Send some PS dust for at least one of them to get the job. I got to the gym after 6 and worked my butt off. I was still a bit sore, so my workout was a challenge, but I pushed through the pain and had a very productive session. I came home and had to return more business calls, finally had dinner at 10 and there you have it.

Sorry I can''t possibly say hello individually, but hey to you all.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I am still waking up on DST so I’ve been to work about an hour early this week.That is fine since we have so much work to catch up on this week.

I was at school till about 9 last night, had to grade tests and grade papers online.

Today is my mom’s birthday so I took my parents to dinner after work.

Marty gets home on Thursday.Woo hoo!

My fleece lined sweatshirt arrived yesterday from LL Bean.I love it.I am so toasty warm in it and it is so soft.I may never wear anything else.LOL.

Lorelei, rats for pants weather.Our weather has returned to fall-like days and temperatures.Good reminder to keep aware of what we put in our mouth.Those little calories can sure add up.

Tlh, it sounds like you are discovering new stars and constellations all the time.It was sure clear when I came home tonight.Go to http://heavens-above.com and set up a free account for your location.You can print out a star map for any date and time and that might help you figure out what you are seeing.FUN!Congratulations to you and your husband for doing over marathon this weekend.Sorry to hear about your friend breaking up with his fiancé.That is rough.

Dragonfly, yay for doing a clean sweep after the weekend.I really cleaned up my act yesterday and today as well.

Somethingshiny, my dinner tonight was the 2nd time out to dinner in the last few weeks.I am eating pretty cheaply on my own.I like your Halloween story; your mother planned ahead and made sure you guys had fun and I agree that neighborhood sounds scary to go trick or treating in.JT is so cute; he makes a great pirate.

Skippy, how nice of you to help out at the food bank. I am glad you had a nice walk with your husband.Great article too.I like what your friend said about running a marathon.

Rod, rats for losing your post.PS dust coming your way one of your new recruits lands a job.

Deegee, glad you and Lily had a nice walk and came home to a well lit house.Good luck at weigh in tomorrow.I hope you sleep well with Matt gone.I always have trouble when Marty is gone too.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
skippy- I''m glad you enjoyed lunch- and how sweet that the little boy said thank you!!!! I agree with your friend... and what a beautiful way to put it. The way the last 10k feels - is like you are a decomposing corpse... and nothin'' is working right anymore!
28.gif

deegee- skinny weigh in *dust* (not that it is needed, your hard work and attn to your diet is more than enough!) I''m glad you got a walk in with lily, I''m sure she loved the extra attn! (I''m with you too! I HATE coming home to a dark house!) You got it right about him being a ding bat! I''m hoping that it all works out for him... it was a hard way to learn to let the ego- go.

ROD- what a busy day --- ***job getting dust to the interviewees!***

marcy- happy birthday to your mom! I hope dinner was nice, and YAY! I''m soo happy Marty comes home tomorrow! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE WEBSITE LINK!!!!!!!! That is totally helpful! i''m praying for my friend - but sometimes when a girl gets her heart broken... even a really good apology from the heart, can be too little too late. I hope that is not the case...

everyone, happy hump day! I started my morning off w/ a nice peppermint mocha coffee that my husband brewed for me! YUMM, it smells like Santa! I''ve been sipping on it, and anything about the holidays just makes me super excited! So I''m in a terrific mood. The run this day was rubbish, and after only half an hour, I cut it waay short. I just wasn''t into it... and for some reason I was STARVING... so my body was like - nope- ain''t gonna happen. So it didn''t. Tonight, I''m making tuna mac for dinner. Sometimes you just need comfort food! and I''m sooo excited too.. just the old blue box, some canned tuna - and some asparagus. I cannot believe it actually looked good at the store, but I grabbed up a bunch and am sooo stoked about our dinner. This weekend a bunch of my hubbies boy buddies are flying in and staying with us. Yup, all at once, and they told us... AFTER they bought their plane tickets. I''m excited
20.gif
not really. My hubs and I got into a disagreement last night - about my running schedule. He wants me to run Friday NIGHT at 4pm, and not Saturday morning at 4:30 AM like usual. His reasoning is why I''m perterbed... and the fact that he DIDN"T CARE about mine.

His reasoning... they are going to go out- most likely drink - a lot, come back to our place- drink even more- and be loud and obnoxious until the wee... and that is uncontrollable. I said, why can''t you just get home and go to bed like adults? (Why do you have to go off drinking w your buddies til the wee like you are at a frat party... ummm GROW UP!- did not say this but wanted to.) He just says it is unavoidable. I personally don''t care about people drinking- and what not- but seriously- I have not seen a time when he has got together with his friends and they have stayed sober. It is like they are 21 all over again. I mean EVERYTIME they get together it is a boozefest. I just think it is sad that they cannot get together and enjoy each other''s company without getting completely WASTED. UGH! Okay... now my reasoning... I told him I didn''t want to run 16 miles on Friday AFTER work. One, it will be 90* and I won''t have enough water with me. Two, it will be at a time I normally eat dinner, and I won''t be properly fueled for it. Three and most important, because of my route -- it is far too busy during rush hour, that I worry someone may not see me at 4:30 PM (even when I have the man at the crosswalk-- it happens more often than you would think)- when they are trying to get home for their weekend... when they are still in BED at 4:30 on saturday MORNING. And he didn''t care. His point was- well... we''ll be loud and you won''t get your sleep- then you''ll be mad at us all weekend... so just run friday, be careful, and run slow.. walk a lot if you need to. Which umm... got me pretty PO''d. Now the thing is, I really don''t mind mixing up my training a bit - but I''ve already messed with it- for his folks vist, his race, his recovery, etc etc etc. I don''t care about messing w/ my runs when it is just fitness/fun... but when you''re in training.. the days still pass, and the race still comes whether you''ve properly trained for it or not. Which is probably why he''s kissin'' my booty w/ this yummy coffee this morning... to make me basically bend to his will. Some battles aren''t worth fighting... but seriously- sometimes you just want to scream GROW UP! Thanks for letting me vent, if you read this far!!!

"For the first time in history, it''s gonna start raining men." The weather girls.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning!!! I had to go to a meeting last night and the person talking brought all their Halloween candy snickers and peanutbutter cups for us to eat
20.gif
I hate that; so everyone took a piece and the bags came to me and I said no thanks. lol
2.gif
They looked at me and said you could eat some; I was like nooooo thanks, I ate dinner. I could have had a piece but I like what Degee says, she is stingy w/her points and I am too! hehe I was proud I didn''t give into to eating something I didn''t really have a strong urge to eat, yay!

It will be 70 today so a nice long walk for sure!!! YIPPEEE, have a great day
35.gif

DEEGEE, sorry your hubs is out of town. The first 3 days I love love when hubby is gone and then I miss him. Yay for walking your dog; you are awesome!!!! You will do great at your weigh in; you are awesome!!! YAY for you skinny minny!

ROD, sending you ps dust for the 3 interviews today, yay! wooohooo for your workout!

MARCY, aw that was sweet to take your mom out to eat for her bday! I hate that it gets dark so early!!

TLH, agh, those marathons sound bad, lol; the half marathons sound fun to me but not the marathons, especially the way you put it (corpse)! hehe Oh man, I don''t blame you for being upset, ugh! Can you rent a hotel room at the Embassy suites, they have 2 beds and a couch bed and you don''t have to put up with them? I am sorry, hopefully he will change his mind. YAY for your run and heehe to the smells of Santa! I love those pinecones that smell good at the grocery store; makes me think of the holidays.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
goood morning! I didn''t get a workout in last night b/c my stomach wasn''t feeling well. I am going to do a Jillian Michaels dvd tonight after a light dinner of home made pizza (with goat cheese, mozzarella, peppers and onions and half will have pepperoni for SO. I made us yummy strawberry banana smoothies for breakfast with soy, yogurt and a tablespoon of peanut butter for the protein. It was delicious and filling! SO asked for more tonight haha! Lunch is going to be pasta b/c I was on the run this morning. I might try to run stairs as well tonight.

Rod - sorry you got a late night, but sounds like you pushed hard for your workout!!

Skippy - I wants some Halloween candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope you all have a lovely day!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the sweet comments about JT.
1.gif

Skippy~ Yay for volunteer work. A little girl came to my door to collect canned goods. I grabbed a few things from the pantry and gave them to her, but then I felt a little badly because she had to lug this bag around with her. Hope you feel better today. Yay for declining the candies!

Rod~ Dust for at least one of your candidates! Lord knows they all need it!

dragonfly~ Looks like you have a great variety of stock foods now! I''ve been making vegetable stirfry all the time lately. Unfortunately, I have to use frozen vegetables
20.gif
I love nachos, too. I''ve figured out a 500 cal version I can make at home! Enjoy your pizza, sounds yummy!

tlh~ LOL about the potpourri tea! I haven''t tried Sleepytime, maybe I''ll give that a shot. Does it actually calm you?? 92*, yikes! lol, I''m all about the Holidays too. I think I''m going to put up my lights this weekend *shakes head in pretend shame* lol. Actually, we''re supposed to be up to 65* so I figure now is the time to get them up before we get really cold. DH is afraid of heights so I put up all the lights as he shakes at the bottom of the ladder. I probably won''t turn them on until after Thanksgiving, probably... Sorry about your fight with hubby. I completely understand your reasoning, about the frat party and your running. Get some ear plugs and run Saturday morning. This is about safety after all. Safety while you''re training, and safety for the actual run.

deegee~ My DH doesn''t eat vegetables either. I sneak carrots into soups and that''s about the best I can do. He''ll eat green beans and occasionally corn. I''m trying to like new veggies so I have tons of "weird" stuff in the house and DH keeps wrinkling his nose at them. Good luck at your weigh-in!

Marcy~ Two dinners out is quite a lot to me! I don''t think I''ve been out to dinner since our anni in August. That''s actually good for me. I really enjoy the whole dining experience so I go way overboard! I admire anyone who can go to their favorite restaurant and stick with healthy eating!

I don''t think I ever said what happened at the birthday party the other night. I went, grudgingly. The place has finally added some salads to their menu! I had a good mixed greens salad with grille chix and fat free balsamic vinaigrette. AND, I said no-thankyou to the cake!
Hello anyone I missed!

More cardio and ball work for me today. Fettucine alfredo for dinner. One of my favorites!
18.gif
I''ll also be making a stir fry with lots of veggies (but minimal evoo). This week the "new" foods are asparagus and sugar snap peas.

Hope you all have a great day!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just did Jillian Michael''s 30 day shred (level 1) kill me

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm rejoining this thread now that my baby daughter Claire is 12 days old. I was on here in my early days of getting in shape and working out, which was spring of 2007 and over last summer (I'm a teacher, so I have more time to post then).

I gained 48 pounds with my pregnancy -- eek! I was 117 when I got pregnant and 165 at my last appointment. Today I'm 146, which is about 8 pounds higher than my previous all time high. I didn't weigh myself until one week postpartum because my mom said that after she had my brother, she didn't even lose as much as he weighed (all the fluids they pump into you, no doubt).
6.gif
The good news is that I was 148 on Friday, so things are heading in the right direction. The bump is also receding, much to my relief.

I had a C-section, so I know I need to take it easy and heal, but I also can't be totally sedentary. Yesterday I walked about a mile with Claire and my mom, and today my digestive system thanked me for it. My body just doesn't want me to sit around all the time. Today is also my first med-free day, so I can tell that things are healing well.

Claire and I walked 1.8 miles today. I was a little surprised that I only made it that far in the 40-45 minutes we were gone, but I guess there was a lot of pausing to adjust her visor and make sure she was breathing and looking two, three, four times before crossing the street . . . And also I was walking at 12 days after a C-section pace.

I totally have to give being in shape (as much shape as you're in when you're 9 months pregnant, although I did work out up until 8 and walked until the end) credit for my C-section recovery. The night of, I had to stand to prove I could be unhooked from the various contraptions binding me, and I know without my exercises on my Firm step I would not have had the leg strength to overcome the wooziness from the morphine and the lack of ab muscles. The first few days, I was basically doing my Firm move to get up and down the stairs. I know me -- I am not of a hearty constitution if I don't work at it -- and I would have been down for the count without my previous level of fitness.

And so, my hope is to return to some semblance of my former shape as soon as I can. I have a checkup on her one month birthday and am hoping for the green light to start running and working out again and am hoping to run a 10k in late March. Until then, Claire and I will be strolling around the neighborhood.

I look forward to catching back up on on this thread!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took my little nephew shopping with me so I could give my sister and the new baby some time alone. The baby was sleepy and was fighting sleep so it helped him go to sleep. My nephew got star treatment at the grocery store and so did I; I need to take my nephew shopping more often!
9.gif
2.gif
hehe He ended up getting a balloon and some little toy at Trader Joe's. We had fun together!
5.gif

Oh I am making that marmalade chicken and brown rice from Eating Well (PHX, I think you said you like eating well; I posted the recipe up top in the sticky); it is delicious!!!
3.gif
I will be going for a walk this afternoon; this time change is so weird!!! Are you all struggling with it too? It gets dark so early!!!!

DRAGON, haha you could have had my candy. yay for your meal!

SS, you are doing so AWESOME!!! wooohooo, that is even more fabulous that you got a salad! I bet you feel proud for doing that! thanks about the candy; the old me would have gave in. Yay for 30 day shred!!!

PHX, congrats on your new beautiful baby Claire!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Great to see you back! Awesome on the walk and wooohoo for a 10k in march!!!! My sis just had a baby 6 weeks ago too.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Phx~ Welcome back and CONGRATULATIONS!!! After my c-section, I did lots of bending over and standing back up. Sounds simple, and it is, but several times a day of just a few reps got me healed very quickly. Keep up the walking too and if you get a chance to do stairs, go for it! I would also do simple things like hold the baby without a prop. It''s so weird how many muscles you lose after a c-section, but they all come back pretty quickly.

Skip~ Glad that you got to spend time with your nephew. I miss mine so much. Ever since my sis''s divorce, with the split custody, I don''t get to see the older one more than once a week, usually less. And my other nephew I see less than once a month.
8.gif
Yay for your walks. You are kicking butt! I''m loving the time change! So much easier to get out of bed and I like that it gets dark early. It gives me a reason to put on cozy pj''s and head to bed with a book.

My knees are killing me right now. I think it was the lunges. I was concentrating on form a lot so I don''t know why they''re so sore. Does anyone know if I should continue the lunges or modify or what??

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was another really long day, but a decent one. I''ve got 8, count ''em......8 candidates interviewing this week. At least one of them has to get and accept an offer. I didn''t leave work till about 6:30 and Charlie wound up working late, so we just met at the little diner for dinner. I was in the mood for comfort food, so I had breakfast. Tomorrow''s a gym night after work, so I''ll be late checking in.

SS, I''ve been meaning to say how cute JT was in his costume!! I''m glad you were able to find a healthy choice at the party. Careful, lunges can be hard on the knees. Thanks for the dust!

Marcy, you must be excited that Marty''s coming home tomorrow. Thanks for the dust!

tlh, I read every word. I''m torn as to whether to comment. I would typically just say I''m sorry you two are disagreeing, but to be honest, I think he''s being a bit insensitive. I would hope he would not make you change your workout routine to suit his fun.......but then I just hope you two get past this. I''ve probably said too much........

Skippy, good for you not having the halloween candy. Yay for 70 and a nice long walk. Thanks for the dust!

I''m sorry your stomach wasn''t feeling well dragon and I hope you''re feeling better today.

Congratulations and welcome back Phoenix! I''m sure you''ll be back to where you were very quickly.........

Hey to everyone I''ve missed this week. Have a great Thursday.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.

35.gif
I had another crazy day at work but my mind was mostly on how excited I am that when I get home from work tomorrow Marty should be here.Woo hoo!I talked to him tonight and he is just beat.Poor guy I think I hurt his feelings; I didn’t know who it was at first.He was using his earpiece and the phone didn’t give me the phone number when it rang.He was kind of quite; the TV was loud and I asked who it was.He couldn’t believe I didn’t know who he was.I told him that is what he gets for leaving me for so long.I am sure he isn’t that upset but I felt bad.

Tlh, I agree once you get your heart broken sometimes things just cannot be the same.I hope it works out for the best for them.That link is great; you can find out if there are any flyovers of the space station there too.Sorry to hear about the boozefest for the weekend.I think you have very valid reasons not to run Friday afternoon.It is certainly less busy out there in the morning.Can you sleep with the radio on or something so you won’t hear them?

Skippy, good for you turning down the candy.We had nice weather here today too.I am sure your nephew had a wonderful time shopping with his aunt Skippy.

Dragonfly, sorry you felt bad last night.I hope you are much better today.

Somethingshiny, sounds like you did GREAT at the birthday party the other night.What I do in a restaurant is cut my food in half when I get it and that prevents me from way over indulging.I also try to make wise choices off the menu.

Phoenixgirl, it is good to hear from you.Congratulations on the birth of Claire.

36.gif
How wonderful being in shape helped you out after your C-section and I know you will work hard to getting back to running and getting off those few pounds.

Rod, good luck with your 8 candidates this week and I will continue to send dust your way.

I hope to sleep tonight.Marty is taking off in about 20 minutes from Hong Kong.He’ll be in San Francisco by about 10 am tomorrow my time.

Laters.

Marcy

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back Phoenix and congrats on the birth of your daughter!!!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning again! It''s THURSDAY ALREADY Eeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We might go look at Christmas gift Ideas tonight. Last night I didn''t get Jillian in but I did 100 jumping jacks 100 squats 100 cross punches 20 push ups and side plank. This morning I did 30 mins on the stair climber at the gym. So I got in a good one this morning! The pizza was a success last night! Today I''m thinking cous cous with black beans and veggies on the side.

First to Phoenix - welcome back and YOU ROCK for getting back on board that quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SS - I love 30 day shred!!!!
Skippy - yay for your nephew time! He sounds cute as a button
Rod - 8 candidates eh? You will be busy busy busy!
marcy - don''t feel bad, I''ve had it happen with SO once or twice before he''ll be just fine. Sorry for your crazy work day

Thank you all for the feel better wishes too, I think it was just something I ate making me feel yucky. I''m feeling 100% better now.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Rod~ Thanks about JT. I sure think he looked cute! A good breakfast (for supper) is one of my comfort food meals too. I love to make French toast and syrup. I have pear syrup right now, and it is delicious. My mom is warning me not to do lunges since bad knees run in both sides of my family. I''ve already had my fair share of knee problems too, but lunges really kick my butt so I know my muscles are getting stronger from them. Good luck for your busy day and have a great workout!

Marcy~ I didn''t recognize DH''s voice when he called me on speakerphone. It just didn''t sound like him and it wasn''t a number I recognized. Marty will be fine but I understand how you feel. YAY for Marty coming home! Dust for a safe flight!!

dragon~ You''re one of the reasons I decided to try Jillian again. I tried several months ago and succeeded for approx 5 minutes. This time, I kept up fairly well although I did stop probably every 5 minutes for a few seconds to catch my breath. I felt like my heart was going to come out of my chest! I do like the rotation between cardio, strength and abs. Just when I think I might pass out, she switches over to something else. I''ve never made cous cous, but sounds like a good supper.

I''m going to try Jillian again today followed by some ball work. I''ve started working out to Christmas music off the TV.
3.gif
I was only able to do one round of exercises on the ball yesterday after Jillian. I usually do two sets but I was soo tired. SO, my goal today is to complete Jillian and one round again. The way my legs feel right now, I''ll be pushing myself the entire time!

Have a great day all!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results