shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 29th June till 5th July

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!

It is horribly hot here in the UK so my workouts have ground to a halt unfortunately until this weather breaks. I wanted to remind everyone to PLEASE BE CAREFUL when working out in this heat, I know some of you in the States have it worse than I do. Heat stroke is a real risk so make sure if you are working out inside that you are in a comfortable temperature, if outside wait until sundown or early morning and make sure you don't travel far alone if exercising outside. Drink lots of water and if you start to feel too hot or dizzy - STOP what you are doing immediately but even better don't let yourself get to that stage in the first place.

How I wish air conditioning was fitted as standard into British housing....
39.gif

If the weather is really too much then it doesn't hurt if you have to take a little break from working out, just try to eat more carefully and of course make sure you are getting enough water.

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great opener, Lorelei! It''s wise to be careful in the heat.

Have a great and healthy day!
35.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lorelei
35.gif

Sorry to hear about the heat over there, it was super hot and muggy here last week and it did make it really tough to work out!!! It definitely made me drink LOTS of extra water :) I did managed to get in lots of yard work and my workout 5 days last week though and it felt great when they were done!!! I didn''t know a person could sweat that much
7.gif
(it was like 85% humidity on the good days) I am hoping for some nicer weather this week.

Have a great week everyone!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Moning!!! I did my 5k run last night it was GREAT and sooooo much fun!
9.gif
If anyone has ever thought of doing a walk or run for fun; I highly recommend trying one!
36.gif
It is so much FUN!!! My BIL and I ran the 5k and both our parents we there and of course our SO's and my nephew Cheered us on. My little nephew was shouting, go Skippy!

There were so many people in the race, kids (little kids) all the way up to probably people in their 80's (super amazing). I was so impressed to see so many peoples families and friends running or walking. Also a few people I have not seen since high school and elementary school were running and it was great to know that the runners back in HS were still runners!!!

It seemed that the uber fast runners did the 10k and they had the 5k run and walk at the same time so runners and walkers were together. In the pic I posted I am the person on the right with the grey hat, a smile and ipod in hand, so you will see walkers in the pic too.

At the end is the best part; they had pizza and ice cream and water, good music. The food and relaxing at the end was held in a nice grassy area. I had a bite of the ice cream and gave the rest to my nephew and had a few bites of pizza and my nephew had the rest (he was a hungry). Then at the very end they had a little kid 1k; it was sooooooo CUTE!!! My nephew loves to run (we would sometimes run together back from the park) so we thought next time he will do the race too!!!! hehe Oh my time was 36 mins for 3.12 miles; not fast but I had a great time and we were treated to a fabulous sunset!!!!
emhot.gif

I probably will go walking with my cousin tonight! Have a great Monday friends!!!!
35.gif
and thanks for all your encouragement friends!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROD, that is though when you go to someones house and they have something that isn't very good to eat, sorry. Yay for chips and salsa!! Yay for a great Tommy Bahama t shirt; when we were in Hawaii I got my hubby one of those and it is one of his favorites!!!

MARCY, Happy anniversary!!! Yay for your walk coming up in August!!

LORELEI, I am sorry it is so hot out there; great reminder!! It just happened to rain hard before the run so it was nice and cool but normally it is super hot now. The good thing is that they had water for the runs set up at stations. Stay cool friend!!

STEPCUT, I drink lots of water too; I have known too many to become dehydrated which is scary. Stay cool!!!

DSC_1429.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PROUD OF YOU SKIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - YAY!!!!!! Congrats on finishing your first race! Your time is wonderful!! That''s a great pic!! I LOVE the atmosphere of races and it sounds like you had a great time. Your nephew sounds like the cutest little kid, cheering you on!!

As for me - we had some friends over on Friday which curtailed my exercise plans for Saturday, oops. My friends & I are all now in our late 20''s (ha that sounds terrible!), but apparently we still party like we are in our late teens when we first all started hanging out together. I love being with my friends, but sometimes I wonder if we''ll ever get out of the stage of people sleeping at our housue and never being able to do any chores on the weekend cause we''re hungover! I can''t remember the last time I was out of the house on a Saturday morning before 11:59 :). I woke up on Sunday morning and ran a quick 2.8 miles before going out for the day! I wish I had more time b/c I was feeling good, although it was very hot out, but such is life! Tonight I have class so unless we get out early no running for me today, but I hope to do the Jillian video.

Lorelei - it''s getting hot here too - but FINALLY - it''s been raining for practically 2 months on the East Coast, so I will take the heat! We have A/C, but it''s actually having some sort of issue right now, so hopefully it will cooperate the rest of the week!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei- Thanks for the weather tips. It isn''t sunny here, just stuffy. I don''t think I could justify the cost of A/C in the house for all of 2 days a year that we need it, although I do love it my car (how did I live before it? Oh, yeah, I had a convertible!).

Lliang Chi I had acupuncture for my back a few years ago. It was amazing, even though I went as a true sceptic, thinking it would be a waste of time. I had an injury from being assaulted on the ward I''d worked on and had swelling in my back, shoulder and neck. It was even noticeable looking straight on in the mirror as one side of my neck was much bigger, two years after the assault. After 6 sessions the swelling had almost gone. I go back whenever I get flare ups. Love it love it love it.

Skippy Go you! Well done on completing your race!

Little update on me- went to WW and have lost another 1.5lb, so now only 1lb away from getting my stone and a hlaf award. I went swimming yesterday, but my suit was from last year (when I was 20lb heavier) and was far too big for me. I had to tie knots in the straps to stop my boobs from falling out in the pool. All rather indecent. I did swin 1km, which seeing as though I''ve not swam in a year, isn''t bad. I really enjoy swimming, but its a bit of a pain. Ahem, if you don''t mind me being a bit personal, I get my bikini line waxed every 4 weeks, however the last week and a bit, I can NOT wear a costume without looking frightful!

Food today was mushrooms, tomatoes and a couple of rashers of turkey bacon on toast, lunch was Ina Garten''s Gazpacho (with hardly any olive oil) yet it still tasted delish! Tonight will either be a chicken Thai noodle soup or Chinese stir fry, whichever DF fancies most!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei~ Thanks for the warning about the heat! The other day I got so hot and then quit sweating, I finally went in the house and thought I was going to die of a heat stroke. ANd I was just SITTING outside.

Skippy~ Yay for you and your run!! (even with your silly fanny pack!
3.gif
)

Rod~ Yikes to the bee sting while driving! My worst sting was when I was about 6. I was riding on my brother''s handle bars when the chain fell off. He told me to jump so I did. I landed on a small beehive! Boy was my butt hurting!! I think I only had 3 or 4 stings but YOWZA!!

Danielle~ Jillian while hungover?!?! good luck with that!!!

Sapphire~ Wahoo for you being so close to a goal! LOL at you indecent exposure!!

Yesterday my workout consisted of cutting down huge branches and then cutting up each branch to fit onto a trailer for disposal. We didn''t realize how much we did until we finally realized that it took 3 trailer loads to clear it. Then I did about an hour of raking up all the twigs. My butt hurt last night so I think I did pretty well! JT however, stepped on ANOTHER bee! For some reason the kid will not keep shoes on! We had a little cookout last night and in the late evening DH and I opened up some peach wine and sat on the patio in the breeze. It was lovely. I''m planning sloppy joes tonight but may end up with tacos. I think it depends if DH or I get to the meat first!

Have a great day, all!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - gr8 opener! And great advice, it is now over 110* here most days, and is HOT - and yes, the heat does factor into a workout!
skippy - GREAT JOB! That is awesome! I''m glad you enjoyed yourself. It is the fun of the run that keeps me going!
Marcy- congrats on your 18th ann! That is marvelous!
Lisa, YEAH to the skinny belt!
Rod- sorry the dinner was a but, but I love sales!
stepcut- humidity is a killer! Bleh, it is like a dogs mouth!
14.gif

Danielle - ah your story made me laugh! Good job squeezing in a run though!
saphire - great job on your weight loss!! WHOOP WHOOP!
shiny- wow, fabulous labor workout!!! stinks about the bee sting, poor thing!

Did my runs. Wow it is hot. Went to Marshall''s this weekend w the hubs, and found they were selling Nike running shorts for $12 in my size and in cute colors. I just bought a pair of those at road runner for $32. So i was STOKED! I''ve cut down on my speed this week. I''m still running the same time duration, but not covering the same ground to make accomodations for the BLAZING HEAT. I''m really curious to see how the 4 mile race goes this weekend. It will be 95-100* at the start of the race 6:30 AM... which is really freaking hot. Plus it has been 30-40% humidity lately, which makes that heat even more intolerable. I haven''t decided how fast I''m going to take this. It is really hot, and the course we''re running doesn''t provide any shade. So it will feel all of that 95*+. Oh well. The DH said he''ll run it with me... so even if we take it at a trotter''s race, it will still be fun... AND they''ll serve hotdogs afterwards... so I''m gonna have a Frank for breakfast! YUMM! bring on the 4th!!!
“If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?” unk.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn internet ate my long post...
39.gif

Anyway, hello from the MIA DJ! Back from Colorado; had a GREAT time! Did some light hiking in Boulder and some heavy eating and drinking in Denver, ha ha!

Spent an hour on the dreadmill this morning. Eating OK so far, but going out for burgers with one of my clients tonight.

Miss you all -- hugs to everyone!

YAY SKIPPSTER!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAYAYAYAYAY Skippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just smile when I see your smiling face and I''m super duper proud of you for running you first 5K!!!!!!!

This needs to be a kind of quick checkin. It was a long work day as usual. My leg is absolutely killing me. I went to the chiropractor after work and I told him it wasn''t helping much. So he arranged for me to have an MRI tomorrow after work. I guess that means no gym tomorrow night, but I really need to know what is causing this god awful, non-stop burning down my leg till my toes go numb hell I''ve been living with. After the chiro, I met Charlie for sushi, then coffee afterwards. I made a reservation for a lobster special they''re running at "The Palm" for Saturday night. It''s not only the 4th of July, it''s a special day as it happens to signify that Charlie and I have been together for 29 years.

Thanks for the timely and apporpriate weekly opener Lorelei.........

Welcome home DeeJayu and hey to everyone else I missed.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Dj- glad you had a nice time in CO and got a run in!
Rod- congrats on your 29th ann!
marcy- your eats are always YUM! I''m glad you got your video on DVD. I was wondering the other day what media I''d be transferring my wedding video to in 10 even 20 years...

Today''s run was cooler. Only 90* with 39% humidity. Not as bad as this weekend''s run, but again I didn''t sleep in either. I figure the temp diff frmo 4:30-5 is minimal. So I just go ahead and stay in bet until 4:45 so i can hit the pavement by 5am. My eats have been good... with a couple naughty bites of Gardettos trail mix here and there. I can''t help it.. those rye chips sing to me like a beautiful siren!

"I realise that patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone." Edith Cavell

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank God for storms! We''re down to 74*!!!!! It''s so cool and comfortable to be outside! BYE!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
shiny- that''s great news!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow, everyone is busy!!
36.gif

Miss Skippy--yahoo on the 5K!!
Rod--so sorry your leg is still a painful bummer.
8.gif

Shout out to the rest of the gangaronni!!
35.gif

Last deep water work out class today--they''ve resceduled too early for me for the summer program, so back to the regular walk/run/riding stuff.

Keep well folks!!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........It was a looong day for sure. My MRI wasn''t scheduled until 7 PM, so I stayed at the office until 6:30. I got to the MRI place on time, filled out pages of paperwork, then waited to be called to "THE" chamber. I''ve never had an MRI before, so I didn''t really know what to expect. Turns out, this was a closed MRI. Make note......MRI''s are loud and you''re not allowed to move when the blasted things sucks you in for the entire time......OR......they have to start all over again. And the position they put me in was really hard on my leg, so for the entire 1/2 hour, the pain in my leg seemed even more extreme. And you''re petrified you''re going to move, so it''s not a very relaxing experience for sure. But, I got through it and now I have the films, and have to take them to my ortho and my chiro. I''m off on Friday, so I''m going to the chiro with them first and instead of having an adjustment, I''m having a deep tissue massage on my leg. I won''t be able to go to the gym until Thursday night.

Thanks Marcy.......I hate that my leg is hurting so bad too!!! Sounds like you had a good food day!

tlh, 90 isn''t cool, but is a bit cooler than Tampa. I''m glad you still got a run in. And thanks for the congrats on 29 years. I remember the day we met and it seems like it wasn''t long ago at all. My how the years can race by.........At least they''ve been good years.

SS, speaking of storms, it has rained pretty much all day in Tampa. We''ve had what they call a tropical wave passing by. It''s not windy or anything, just shower after shower after shower. Flooded streets and dark and dreary. It doesn''t happen too often, but when we it does, it''s a good thing as we get most of our annual rainfall during the summer months. We''d be so grateful to have a 74 degree day. Even it it rains hard, it''s still very hot and humid in Florida.

Thanks Sharon. Maybe now that I''ve had an MRI, we''ll be able to see what''s really going on and I can get over this. I wouldn''t wish sciatica on anyone. It''s really awful.

That''s a wrap for my ''uber'' fun day. I hope your day was better. Have a great Wedndsday everyone........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, today I took a day off from working out. Last night my cousin and I walked 4 miles; it was 90 degrees so it was nice that it rained and cooled of today. I probably will workout tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a great evening and thanks for the sweet kudos and encouragement!!! Also, thank you runners for your advice and answering my questions!

LORELEI ~ thank you friend for the kudos and the encouragement!!!

DANIELLE ~ thanks for your encouragement you fabulous runner you!!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend with friends! Yay for your run!!!! So how long was it before you ran a 10k or how long did you train for it? just curious; I think it would be fun to run a 10k at some point
1.gif
I hope your ac is working for you.

SAPPHIRELOVER, thanks!! Yay for losing 1.5 lbs and being close to your award; I am WW too!! GREAT JOB
36.gif
Awesome to your swim suite being too big!

SS ~ poor JT and the 2 bee stings; bless his heart. Wowzers, that sounds like quite he workout and yay for it cooling off! thanks!!!

TLH ~ eek, it has been hot lately. Gosh you are awesome on your runs you super woman!!! Thanks for the kudos friend and all your encouragement and wonderful advice you fabulous runner!!! Yay for a race coming up!!! Yay for a hotdog too! hehe

DEEJAY ~ yay for a fabulous weekend! thanks friend! I missed you and so glad you are back!!!!

ROD ~ aw, you are the sweetest, thank you!! Oh I am so sorry about your leg; I pray the MRI has some answers. bless your heart for enduring this so long; praying you get better soon. huge hus. Happy Anniversary to you and Charlie!

MARCY ~ yay for dinner and nice quiet evening, I love those!!!! thank you!!! I want my nephew to run the 1k too; the little kids running was the CUTEST thing ever! hehe Glad your anniversary was great!!! Congrats!!!

SHARON ~ yay for your deep water workout!!! You are doing fabulous lady; thanks!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I had a busy day.We got off work a bit late, cooked London broil on the grill then I had to do dishes.I mixed up chocolate frosting to frost 2 cakes for class tomorrow and had to frost the cakes.Sadly it was a little thick but I did get them frosted so we’ll see how they turn out tomorrow.

Food wasn’t bad today except for sampling the chocolate frosting.Cheerios, strawberries, 100 cal party snack mix, PB & jelly sandwich, sun chips, 100 cal snack cookies, London broil, veggies and baked potato then a ww frozen chocolate bar.

Tlh, I love those rye chips too.Glad the weather wasn’t as bad for your early morning run.Blu Ray will probably be obsolete by then.Technology does continue marching on and that’s a good thing.

Somethingshiny, glad to hear the weather cooled down for you.

Sharon, I guess we still have some snow in the mountains but at least summer has finally arrived here. I hope you have fun walking, riding and running this summer.

Rod, your experience in the MRI sounds awful to me.Glad you survived okay and didn’t have to do it again.Sorry it hurt your leg.I hope the doctor figures out what is wrong with you leg and gets it mended soon.I am very claustrophobic and think I would really freak out in one of those.That was one advantage I had being obese, no way would I fit in one of those and that was okay with me.LOL.

Skippy, yay for a lovely walk today.I bet the kids were very cute.

Take care.

35.gif

Marcy

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Bloomin internet ate my post!!! Why don''t I copy and paste before trying to click send, so if it goes wrong I can just paste again! Darn!

Brief post. Started off with another swim, did 52 lengths (last time was 42) in 10 length blocks, so a total of 1.3km. I like to do blocks of 10, but add another 2 on at the end just in case I miscounted!

For some crackers reason I had a mad thought today of doing an easy triathlon, as I like cycling and swimming, but I HATE running and can''t do it for the life of me. There is a triathlon near me in September and the beginners class is open water swim of 400m, 9,5km bike and 2,5k run. I don''t think breast stroke is a popular approach to open water swimming, but I can'' do front crawl!! Its sheer madness, but the only challenge would be the run (oh and I''m sure the swim will feel more like 800m than 400m as its open water).

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! It seems like everyone is busy this week - we''ve all been quiet! I know with the holiday coming up, I''m busy at work and at home hoping that I can really enjoy the 3 day weekend!!

I went running last night. We had this CRAZY thunderstorm right before I was leaving work - the thunder was so intense that it shook the lights in the ceiling in my office. We don''t have any windows in my section of the building, but hubs sent me a text saying he thought lightning definitely hit our neighborhood. Pretty nuts - but by the time I left and got home, the skies looked like they were clearing up. So I headed out and did short loops around the neighborhood just in case it started raining while I was out. My ipod was dead (must have left it on) so I borrowed my hubby''s GPS watch. I was feeling REALLY good yesterday as it was a bit cooler after the rain. I looked down at the watch and saw in my first mile I was running mostly 10:40-11 minute miles. This is pretty fast for me! My 2nd mile was a bit slower, but I was able to regain some energy and my 3rd mile was faster again! I did 3.25 miles in 36:22 which was an 11:11 pace. The really exciting thing was when I loaded the watch info into the computer it showed that I had some data points at running 9:30 miles! Sweet!! I have a feeling that if I keep up running in the summer I will have some fast races in the fall!!

I am meeting with my school group to work on a project this evening - I really hope it doesn''t go too late b/c I''d love to get a weight trianing workout in! My summer school schedule is really messing with my workout schedule! Thankfully there are only 2 more weeks of this class and then I''m free till September!

Liang - did you start your new job? I thought you mentioned the first so I hope everyything is going well!!!

Skippy - I actually haven''t run a 10K yet, but I am planning to do one the beginning of October. If I only count this year of running (which really was the only time I was serious about it) it will be 8 months that I am running. I did a 5 mile race in May (after 3 months) and I probably could have run a 10k at that point but I really had put in a lot of mileage (too much too fast actually). I ran my first 5 mile race (10k is 6.2 miles so really not that different) after I had been running 1 year, and I was able to finish, but I didn''t really train and I finished at a 14 minute mile pace (I think my time was something like 69:59) (and at that point had been running 12ish minute mile 5ks). This year I really trained for the distance and had a longest run of 6.5 miles and finished in 55:58! And I don''t know if you remember, but I was fighting an injury at hte time of the race so I probably could have done better, but I was still ecstatic to improve! I am rambling but what I''m saying is you could probably train effectively in 3 months and have a good first 10k!

Rod - I''m sorry your leg is giving you so much pain and I really hope the MRI at least can guide the treatment!

tlh - I can''t believe the temperatures you are having! Although I''d LOVE 39% humidity! NJ gets horrible humidity, like 70-90% on a normal day. August is a SAUNA here. Rock on though :)

Marcy - yummmmm london broil! I haven''t had that in forever - my uncle makes it best; I might have to ask him to make me one, hehehe.

Sapphirelover - a tri sounds like a great challenge! I''d be happy to run, but not swim hahaha. I always say, "I don''t do ocean" - I have an irrational fear of being swept away by a wave or something crazy. I think you should do it! Start slow with running and you''ll get there. It hurts and sucks at the beginning and then just gets easier. Consistency is key!

Gotta get to work - talk to you all later!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Happy Weds everyone!!!

Sis and I had another training session on Monday. Our trainer did our vitals too, so we can track our progress. Hopefully we''ll make some decent progress. The session was modertately hard. Definitely harder than anything I''d do but not the hardest he''s given us. It felt good. Sis was out of it since she was on vacation for a week and didn''t squeeze in any exercise. But I felt okay. I had acupuncture again yesterday, my wrist is feeling a lot better than it has the past few days. I''ll be going again on Thursday and then shift down to once/week. My plan is to continue this until my health insurance kicks in, which will be August 1st, then hit a specialist to see what''s going on with my hand.

Yesterday Sis and I went on a short, short run with the dog. It wasn''t too bad, way short. I was totally dragging and didn''t want to do anything, but it was better than nothing.

Lorelei, great warning about the heat. Hope it breaks for you soon!

Stepcut water is so good for you. Great job on the 5 workouts!!!

Skip, YAY YAY YAY!!!!! I''m glad you loved your run. You nephew sounds like the cutest. What''s up for you next?

Danielle, I totally know what you mean by partying like we''re younger than we are. That was me on Fri night. Gah!!!!

Sapphire, I hope my acupuncture store goes similar to your success story. Hooray for the 1.5 lbs!!!! Swimming is great. 1KM is fantastic for not swimming in a while. I did a short pool workout in my sister''s pool last week. I think I only got to 600 yds, or .548 km before I got bored of swimming. Also there were ppl there that were loungers and now swimming so it got annoying to swim around them. I did a sprint tri and I was like you, HATED running. You can totally do it! The run sounds really short and you can totally walk etc. You''ll feel so accomplished when you''re done with it all. You should TOTALLY do it!!!

Shiny, I hope you''re done with all your yard work for a while. that''s some serious workout!!!!

TLH, Hope your race goes well and not seriously gross and yucky. I dunno how you desert runners can do it! I LOVE it when you find deals like that, don''t you? I found smartwool running socks at Nordstrom Rack for $5. I bought some from REI a few days before for $14!!! Its alright to have a few naughty bites in. It''s all about moderation.

Deejay, great seeing you around again! Awesome on the workouts! I love Denver, some good friends of mine are there now. But I won''t have any vacation time until next year, probably, so I won''t be able to visit them
7.gif
Sad.

Sharon, sorry about the scheduling change for your water workouts, but the regular stuff sounds like a great workout too. It''s good that you switched it up like that. :)

Rod, 29 yrs, congrats!!! That''s quite a big deal! I''m glad the MRI is over and done with. I''m hoping you''ll get something back from your docs about what''s up with your leg.

Marcy, I''m so impressed with your cake decorating. I used to be pretty decent for an amateur, but I stopped making cakes when I worked from home so I''m 2 yrs out of practice.
7.gif
I love looking at your cakes though. You eats have been sounding pretty good and on track. Awesome job!!!

Danielle, Yay for the cooler run!!! I definitely think you''ll have some fast runs come fall!! keep it up!!! I start on the 6th, this coming Monday. I''ve been "practicing" waking up earlier, which James thinks is absolute bananas. He thinks I should sleep in for the both of us.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
canuk- have fun in classes!
rod- I''ve never had a closed MRI or an open one either... but man, I feel for you! Wow, tampa is even hotter than 90* at 5am? HOLY COW! Note to self... don''t run in FL! (plus you''ve got humidity too!)
skippy- always good to take the day off after a road race, or any race for that matter! Glad the rain cooled things down for you!
marcy- oo I love london broil! YUMMERS!
saphire- OO good luck on the tri if you end up doing it. My Dh says the open water swims almost EVERYONE (beginners) breast stroke because you can''t see in the murky water... so you won''t be alone! :D
danielle - what remarkable improvement for 8 months of running! Phenom!
Lisa- Your trainer sounds really good, I am glad you are feeling like you are working yourself at a moderate- difficult level! I am glad your wrist is feeling better, and that the needles help! Stay healthy until the ins kicks in! OOO I know, I have my favorite pair of running socks, and I''m WAITING for those to go on sale!!!

Everyone, have an ab-fab Weds!
35.gif

This morning''s run was good. My hubs is working from home today, so I may run over for lunch. After work we''ll go for a swim for an hour or so. Because he''s taking a few days off from work, we''ve both been fiddlin with our training schedules and moving some things around. My bro has lost even more weight, and I''m thrilled. But he didn''t listen to my advice, or follow the training schedule I put together for him, and overtrained. Of course it was easy... he hadn''t done ANY cardio in over 7 years! But because it was easy, he pushed the envelope, and 2 weeks later, is hurt. But, sometimes you just need to get an injury to learn the lesson, just because you could run at XXX speed or for XXX miles at one time in your life... doesn''t mean you''re gonna run that NOW. So I''m not beating him up too much, shoot, I''ve been running quasi-competivly for almost 15 years, and I am still guilty of pushing my limits.... I just am hoping that he sticks with SOMETHING, as he often gives up when things get tough.

"The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do." -Walter Bagehot

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Quick update- mini triathlon is off the cards. Its being held over Rosh Hashanah weekend, so defo can''t go.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
http://www.trimapper.com/tris_na/

There are tri's all the time where I live... there may be another one that would fit the bill if you are interested. You could google your state to see if they have a tri club you could train with... and some gyms even host them, so you won't have to do the open water swim.

Here's some info if you are interested! otherwise, best wishes with meeting your goals!

(my BFF did the SheRox series, and she liked it because it was with women only.. helped her break into the sport, and she ended up winning first in her age group too!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!Woo hoo; only one more day at work this week.

Today’s food was cheerios, peach, 100 cal party snack mix, burger, chips, small soda (BBQ at work), 100 cal snack cookies, the other half of my steak and baked potato from Monday and ww giant chocolate bar.

SapphireLover, rats for losing your post.I type mine up in Word so I don’t have that problem.

Danielle, that sounds like quite a storm.Woo hoo on such a great time on your run yesterday.

Lisa, yay for a great workout.Glad to hear the wrist is doing better.Hang in there for another month till the insurance kicks in.I am close to meeting my initial $1250 deductible so I might get a few things done or looked at this year since I rarely meet my deductible I put off little things.How cool you were pretty good at decorating, some of the things I see in stores now either really impresses me or I think even I could do that.It gives me a different perspective.

Tlh, glad to hear your brother continues to work on his health.That is nice you are there to offer advice and cheer him on.

Take care. I am off to cake class.

35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........I couldn''t get motivated at work today. For one, the commute this morning was, well.....for some, disastrous. Can you say, "build an Ark" kind of rains? Well we in Tampa can. It started raining about 6 AM. And not just rain, mind you, but the kind of rain you can''t see more than a few feet and it didn''t do this for a few minutes. No, it did this non-stop, so by 7 AM, the roads were flooded. Everywhere, every direction, they were flooded. So, put a million cars on the road with flooded streets and what do you get? Well, you get stalled cars strewn all over the roads. And your 4 mile commute that usually takes from 10 - 15 minutes tops, turns into over an hour. I had to wind my way through cars that had already sucked water up their tail pipes (can you say total engine loss $$$$$) and take about a zillion detours. People try to restart their cars when they stall in standing water. Ladies, remember this. If your car stalls in standing water, DO NOT try to restart your car. If you do get it restarted, you''ll suck water through your tailpipe and you''ll damage tne engine beyond repair. So, after my harrowing 1.5 hour 4 mile commute, I just wasn''t into work. As a matter of fact no one did much work today. It continued to rain hard all day and it was dark and depressing. By the time I left to come home, it was still raining, but not horrendously hard, so the roads were in better shape. I stopped at Fresh Markiet and bought some nice pork chops and the most humongous artichokes I''ve seen in a long time. Dinner was really good. They''re letting us off at noon tomorrow. YAYAY. I have an appointment with the ortho in the afternoon to go over my MRI and hopefully get some answers. I''ll try to do the gym after that and Friday, I''m having a massage in the morning on my leg. OK........enough about my day...........

Thanks for everyone''s kind thoughts about my fun MRI experience. I''ll check in tomorrow night and let you know what the ortho had to say.

SOrry, I can''t say hey individually. I''ve got some work to get some done before I shut down for the night..........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends, back from a 4 mile walk and a gorgeous sunset; it looked like a delicious peach sorbet.
emhot.gif
hehe Tonight hubby and I had chicken w/a side salad and I had a big bowl of watermelon, yum!!! hehe My cousin invited me to go swimming but I need to get up early tomorrow so I took a rain check. Hope everyone has a nice evening!!!

MARCY your london broil sounds good; our Costco has this wonderful london broil that they marinade in these fabulous spices that I will need to pick up sometime because I am too lazy to marinade mine. hehe I bet yours was delicious!

SAPPHIRELOVER, hopefully there is another mini tri that will be in your area; my friend did it and she loves them! Sounds like fun!!

DANIELLE, yikes to the crazy thunderstorms! YAY for fast miles; you are awesome!!! You rock! thank you for the info on the 10k; yay for 8 mo of serious running! You and TLH are a wealth of info; I really appreciate it!!!

LISA, how is the new job? Yay for a super awesome training session and a run w/your dog!!! Hope your wrist continues to do better. I might do another 5k in Sept; right now it is hot hot hot! I am a big wimp! hehe thanks for asking. Yay for running socks for $5 that is awesome!

TLH, yay for a run and maybe a swim!!!! YAY for your brother; that is awesome
36.gif
Wow for running for 15 years; you are awesome lady!

ROD, last year I had a closed MRI; they are so of weird and kind of claustrophobic, ick. I am sorry it was so loud. i hope you hear something soon!!!! Oh gosh, what a nightmare w/all the rain. How scary; thanks for the info on rain and starting your car. Glad you are safe, and hugs, that must of been stressful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, how awful about the rain in Tampa. I am glad you made it home safe and sound. Interesting and helpful info about not restarting your car. I hope I never have to know that but it''s good to know.

Skippy, glad you enjoyed a lovely walk and a beautiful sunset. Marty''s makes our marinade with wine, garlic and other assorted things. It is pretty good.

Cake class was fun tonight. I am getting better at the shell border so I had both cakes done in about an hour.

Take care!
Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
marcy- your eats sound delish! Ha! You are too sweet. My bro is stubborn like me... so sometimes us pigheads have to learn the hard way...I''m sure I just come off as a nag! ha! glad cake class was fun. 1 hour to decorate 2 cakes, that is AWESOME! I think it would take me 5 minutes, but that is because I don''t know what I''m doing and then I''d give up! haha!

rod- no kidding. your commute sounds terrible! I hope your weekend is better!

skippy- it is cool you train/workout with your cuz! Your eats sound good. Hubs and I both had chicken salads w. lime vinegrette, and a popcycle for dessert!

Yesterday was good, and fun. Had 2 beers after the workout w/ the hubs. His weekend started last night, so we celebrated with some MGD 64s. Then of course settled down, as I had to start my day bright and early to run. Went out, and it was super nice this morning how a couple hot days changes ones perspective. HA! I was happy to greet the 86* morning and 51% humidity with a smile... because it will only have a high of 102* today! OOO I am soo excited. The run was good, but lonely. Apparantly people don''t like to run in the rain... but it was only sprinkling! Boom rule in full effect at my house!
9.gif
I''m looking forward to the weekend... it will be fun.

Everyone have a fantastic holiday weekend, and if not in the states... enjoy your weekend!
35.gif

"Even if you''re on the right track, you''ll get run over if you just sit there." -Will Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results