shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 23rd June till 29th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!

No prizes for guessing how the weather is in the UK at the moment, usual pants with gale force winds....
40.gif

Anyway, I thought it was time for a safety reminder, especially reading about the high temperatures where some of you live. Remember to choose the coolest parts of the day if you are exercising outside, drink plenty and be aware of how you feel and your surroundings. Keep your cell charged and with you at all times. If walking or running, try to avoid doing so alone. Keep long hair tied back. Wear suitable clothes, check the shoelaces are properly knotted and tied. If you feel unwell while exercising - STOP.

When exercising, keep at a pace which is slightly challenging, but listen to your body overall. If weight lifting, avoid lifting too much, observe safety precautions when using weights at all times. Make sure you have assistance when performing some exercises.

Everyone, just take a minute to review your safety practices when exercising, and just see if there is something you need to do, or to improve. It is well worth revisiting this subject every so often, so make sure you are doing all you can to avoid accidents or injury.

Have a great week
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Monday my HLT friends!

Great opener, Lorelei. It is so easy to over do it when it''s really hot out. Good idea to take precautions and be prepared so you don''t injure yourself. Sorry to hear you are having pants weather!

Have a great Monday everyone.
Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reminder, Lorelei! Yesterday it was 105 or so here, and half way through my workout I hopped off my machine and flipped on the A/C as I was a bit concerned it was getting to be too warm to work out comfortably.

My weight is blech, but I expected that after our trip and J''s birthday. So life is back to normal, summer school starts tomorrow, I start my first week with my favorite family I babysit for today, and I have a job interview on Friday at a bookstore, that I hope goes well.

I''m going to exercise this morning, read a bit, have lunch, then head over to their house for a few hours.

Have a great day all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

35.gif

My legs did not want to take me very far this morning--so I walked more than I ran. Biking was great--lovely sunny warm day.

Hope all is well with ya''ll!!

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Morning everyone,

Well we didn''t go on vacation. I am still sick and there are fires everywhere. Our two favorite places are surrounded by smoke, so we cancelled. The boys are so disappointed, but we explained to them they can''t breath in the smoke.

We will be going away again in July, so they have that to look forward to.

Great opening Lorelei.

I''ll check back later.
35.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my TBT class today, it was a great workout. I will also try to walk/jog when I get home today.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all-we have internet in the new house-woohoo
36.gif
36.gif
Nothing much to report with me-I''m back to work since last friday and have been doing lots of overtime as we''re so busy! We''ve moved most of our things into the new house but have to decorate all of it, so we''ve both left a lot of things at our parents houses and are moving our things in bit by bit. That''s pretty much all I''ve to report! The eating has gone a bit way ward the past few days but I did a shop a little while ago so will be back on track tomorrow.

Lorelei-great opening. I wish we had some warm weather over here so that I could heed your advice!

Hi marcy, kimberley and Sharon.

I''m sorry to hear that you didn''t go on vacation Linda. That''s disappointing. I''m glad to hear that you''re going away in July.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I have some good news--I seem to have dropped a couple of pounds! Scale read 138.5 this morning. Woo!

Although I''m planning on making a chocolate cake this week and that will probably make those lost pounds come right back!
emsmilep.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an appropriate and well time opener Lorelei! You always get the thread started on the right foot each week!!

I accepted company #1''s offer this morning. My start date is one week from today. I wish I was really excited, but I guess the best I can muster is relief that at least I will be employed and earning a paycheck, albeit much smaller than I''ve made in many years. The company who wanted me to live in a hotel in NJ for three months was very gracious when I turned them down. We kept the door open for future possibilities. Charlie starts his P/T job at Restoration Hardware in just two hours. We were both laughing today about how life has changed for us in such a short period of time. But, we''ve managed to get this far and we will look forward to a brighter future.

Nothing fitness wise today. We had breakfast on the terrace and lunch at home. Then we had coffee inside at Sbucks as it''s just too hot to sit under the oak. We''re having salads at home for dinner before Charlie goes to work. I''ll probably just hang out at Sbucks with friends while he''s at work.

Hey Marcy, I hope you got the pay thing sorted out with the HR people?

Sorry your weight is blech Kimberly. At least you had a great time and you know you''ll shed anything gained in short order.

I''m glad it''s lovely, sunny and warm in the frozen tundra Sharon!!

While I''m sure the boys are super disappointed about the camping trip, I''m really glad to see you''ll be staying safe and out of harms way, but more importantly, getting yourself well and over your bronchitis. Take care..........

Glad your TBT class was great Apple!

I''m the glad the move is going well bee* and you have internet. It''s the first thing I want when we move. Isn''t it amazing how much we depend on it for a connection to the outside world?

Congrats on losing a couple pounds LP!! Yummmm, chocolate cake is my cake weakness. I get one slice a year, on Christmas day!

I''ll check in again later. I hope your week is off to a good start.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod - many congrats on the new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you dear Lorelei!!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LP!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done on the weight loss LP!!

And congratulations on the job Rod! Tell Charlie congrats from me too and wish him luck starting his new job today!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I am so happy my mom is home from the hospital, yay!!!
12.gif
She is doing much better, thanks for all the good wishes; it is nice that she is home. Well tonight I will go for a walk. Last night hubby grilled up some chicken but I like chicken breasts better so we will do those next time so that is what is for dinner tonight with some wild rice and broccoli
35.gif

Lorelei, great opener, speaking of safety I had to get after hubby for going riding without sunscreen and water. The sun is brutal right now
emhot.gif

Rod, yay for you and Charlie!!!!! I am so happy for you guys finding some good company''s!!! Send Charlie my best and a giant hug for you! How is your brother?

Marcy, how are doing? How is the weather out there?

Kimberly, wow, 105!!! Is that unusual for SD?? Oh sorry, I meant to tell you happy birthday to your hubby!! Best wishes for the interview Friday!

Sharon, yay for the workout!!! Good to see you!!!

Linda, I am so sorry, about feeling sick you poor sweetie pie. Prayers for you my dear! I am sorry about the trip; it is more important you get better and it is probably safer to be away from the fires. I hope they are gones soon, how scary!!!

Apple, yay for TBT today!

Bee, good to see you back!!! Glad you are moved in; we missed you honey!!

Ladypirate, whooo hooo on the loss!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday all!

Today I managed to drag myself to the gym even though I didn't really do much (10 mins elliptical, 15 mins treadmill, 10 mins bike). I just could not motivate for some reason. On my way home from picking up a contract I stopped by the grocery store and got a bunch of fruit to munch on in an effort to keep me out of the bad stuff. So far so good, but I have had A LOT of grapes today LOL.

Lorelei, great opener! When I was in Vegas we saw a woman jogging at high noon in the blazing sun and 108 degree heat. She didn't even have a water bottle! She looked about half dead and I just wanted to beg her to stop. I could only hope she was going to the very next hotel and headed for a cool shower.

Kimi, happy belated b-day to J! Fairy dust for your bookstore interview--I'm sure they'll love you!

Sharon, I would give anything for one of those shots of your toes in the snow right about now!

Marcy, did you get your ring fixed from the other day? I saw that you lost a stone and I went OH NO! I must have said it pretty loud because the HH called downt he stairs to make sure everything was OK.

Linda, I'm sorry to hear you had to cancel the trip. Just keep looking forward to July!

Appletini, I'm sure I missed this since I am not on here all the time but what is TBT?

Bee, woo hoo for internet!

Ladypirate, good for you on dropping those pounds!

Rod, I am SO SO SO happy that both you and Charlie and back in the world of the employed! Enjoy your week off and please tell Charlie I am sure he'll be running that Restoration Hardware before he knows it!

Skippy, I'm very glad that your mom is home! Enjoy your grilling.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I am still hungry after supper. Rats. I even added a few pieces of Reese’s pieces and M&M’s to our slow churned tonight. Marty got a handful and I got 3 of each! I savored every one of them too.
18.gif

Kimi, good luck with your interview at the book store. What a wonderful place to hang out. Yay for getting back with your favorite family to babysit today.
Sharon, I am glad you had a lovely, warm day for a nice bike ride.
Linda, sorry to hear you are still sick and very sad to hear you didn’t go on your trip. What are going to do with all the FOOD you bought the boys? I hope they get the fires put out soon.
Appletini, glad you had a great class today.
Bee, yay for being back online at your new place. Have fun decorating and getting it set up as “home”.
Ladypirate, congratulations on dropping some weight. Mmmm chocolate cake.
Congratulations, Rod!!! I am so excited for you.
36.gif
I hope Charlie enjoyed his first day of work. I didn’t call HR today as I wanted to make sure the lady I teach for at the outreach school hadn’t asked them to pay me then. I think she has a hard time filling classes and thought she might not have the money until the end of July. She said she didn’t know why they are doing that so I will call HR tomorrow. I don’t need the money for anything it will just delay my jewelry shopping for a few more weeks.
Skippy, yay for your mom being home from the hospital. Is she walking by herself yet? I am sure she’s delighted to be home. I am doing great, thanks. We have highs in the 70’s but the wind is making it chilly. Your dinner sounds yummy. We had some chicken and pasta for supper.
DeeJay, yay for working out and picking up fresh fruit. I make myself a baggie for fresh fruit to eat at work every morning. I know it’s not the same as Rod and Charlie’s bowl of fruit on their terrace with a great view – but it’s tasty anyway. I have not got my ring fixed yet and I am trying not to wear pink clothes because I’ll be sad when I can’t wear my pink sapphire ring. Well, I can wear it but it wouldn’t be the same. I am going to turn it in when we go to Denver in a few weeks. LOL that you said "Oh No" and your husband asked if you were okay.

Have a great evening!
Marcy

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy that you will be working again. I know it isn''t your dream job, but at least it is something you will like. YAY for Charlie too.

Skippy: I am so happy that your mother is home. I bet she is glad too. I hope she continues to heal and feel better.

Thank you everyone for the get well wishes. We still can''t open our front door, due to the smoke blowing around. I hope the fires end soon. They aren''t near us, but the smoke blows into our city.

I will check back later on this evening.

Love, Linda

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey,

Tonight certainly didn't turn out as planned. Actually, we had a nice evening. Just as Charlie was about to get dressed to go in for his orientation evening, they called and because today is the start of their annual bath sale, it was too busy to have a session tonight, so they rescheduled it for tomorrow night. So, we got to go for Sushi, FroYo and Coffee under the oak!! On top of that, I've been contacted by yet another company for a really exciting opportunity and since I haven't started my new job yet, I had to say I'd be interested in learning more about the position. At least it's in Tampa for sure. I have nothing to lose by at least listening to what they may be able to offer. They do know I have accepted a position to start on Monday, so the ball's in their court if they're truly interested. Otherwise, I'm ready to go to work next week!

Thanks bee* I appreciate it!

And thank you my dear Skippy! Charlie's job is just something for him to do until something more permanent comes along. He's only Part Time at Restoration, so that gives him the time to continue looking. I'm glad to see that your mom his home from the hospital and is doing so much better!

And thank you too DeeJay. I'm not sure Charlie will end up running the store, but I'm betting they'll like having him there for sure. Good deal on getting some fitness in at the gym and yay for avoiding the fattening stuff and opting for fresh fruit instead!

Kimberly, I missed that you were interveiwing at a bookstore. Not that you'll need it, but sending loads of dust your way!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marcy,

A lot of the food I can freeze. Their snacks they will eat, ha ha ha ha. They are always hungry, those two.

yummmmmy to M &M''s and Reece''s Pieces.
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda and Marcy, you both must have posted at exactly the same time I did. Thank you both very much!

Linda, I hope the fires are put out soon. We saw them on TV and fire is so frightening. They said it was caused by lightning, but dry lightning, not associated with an actual thunderstorm. Is that very common out there? Anyway, stay safe and avoid breathing the smoke for sure.

Marcy, when I''m still hungry after dinner, I usually have a piece of fruit, or if I''m extra hungy, I have a bowl of one of the Nature''s Harvest cereal''s with fat free milk. The one we''ve got right now is a flax combination with healthy Omega Fatty Acids. I think it''s pretty good and it''s really good for you and a bowl is like 90 calories. Good luck with your call to HR tomorrow.

I''m glad you enjoyed your tabbouleh Apple. I''m afraid it''s one food, that no matter how good or healthy for you, has never been something I enjoyed
23.gif
!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I have been lurking on this thread but have decided to pop in and say WELL DONE Rod and Charlie! I'm so glad that things are working out for you boys and that the worries of the last few months will soon be a distant memory.
To keep on topic I am happy to report that I have lost 4 kilos and have 4 more to go to reach my goal weight of 58 kilos which i was when i was 40!
I achieved this by basically cutting out all dairy wheat alcohol sugar coffee basely anything that tastes good
5.gif
. I did this to deal with the terrible allergies I had to 'mystery' foods but the pay off was a heap of weight lost and quite frankly I dont miss these things and I have a glass of French champagne on Fridays
41.gif
But I'm really glad I did as all my hard workouts etc were not getting the results.
Now I do 3 i high intensity interval session a week on the elliptical for 20 minutes.
I have a personal trainer x 1 week which is awesome for building muscle and I do my Pilate's classes twice a week.
My body fat is now 25% down from 37% and I am back nearly in size 4 clothes
36.gif
We are off to New York in 2 weeks and I plan to eat healthy but include lots and lots of treats!
i want to by some new clothes in NY and nothing is going to make go back to being a size 8 again!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Katebar, awesome on the size 4
36.gif
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Skippy I''m nearly (Emphasis on nearly!!) in size 4.
Your doing well to as is everyone on this thread.
Well done everyone
36.gif
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am ready for bed and need to paint my nails. I haven’t had time to paint my nails since Wednesday.
Linda, I just saw the picture of the cute grandson’s at the breakfast table. That is TOO funny. I am sure they will polish off their snacks in no time. I did enjoy my candy. Rats for the smoke being so close.
Rod, woo hoo for having another company interested in you. That is awesome. Thanks for the tips on things to eat when I’m hungry. I actually feel fine now or I would eat something so I don’t have my stomach growling when I go to bed.
Appletini, thanks for a new recipe.
Katebar, congratulations!
36.gif
You are doing awesome and woo hoo for being so close to being back in size 4 clothing. Have fun in NY and enjoy some treats.
Hi Skippy!
Sweet dreams!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Katebar!!! Sounds like you''re doing really well with your fitness and change in eating habits. We love to hear positive healthy results, so please don''t be a lurker. We''d love to hear how things are continuing for you!

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

Great opener as always, Lorelei!
1.gif
I need to pay attention to my hydration level as the mercury rises. (What, coffee and red wine isn''t enough?
2.gif
) I gave myself a dandy headache last week from not drinking enough water.
14.gif
Hope your pants weather improves!

Kimberly, best of luck with summer school and your interview!

Hi Marcy! Sounds like you''re having a good week so far.
1.gif
I tend to get hungry in the evenings. Like Rod, if I''m really hungry, I''ll have a small bowl of cereal or oatmeal. Yummy!

Sharon, sounds like lovely weather for biking and running. I''m glad summer has arrived!

Linda, so sorry to hear that you''re still sick and that you were smoked out of your trip. Hopefully July will be better! Best wishes for feeling well again soon. Hope they can get those fires under control. We have wildfires every summer where I live, too, and they can be truly awful and frightening. Eesh.

Appletini, yay for your great workouts! I''ll check out the recipe.

bee*, sounds like you''re getting all settled in your new house! Decorating should be fun.
1.gif

LP, way to go on being two pounds down!! Well done.
1.gif

Rod, congrats to you and Charlie!!
36.gif
And wow about being contacted by yet another company!! When it rains...!

Skippy, I''m glad to hear that your mom is doing better. Continued prayers and well wishes for her!

Hi Dee*Jay! I looooooove grapes!!
3.gif

Katebar, awesome on being a size 4. Holy cannoli! Very svelt, indeed.
1.gif

Okay, so my big news is that my 10K is this Sunday. ACK!!

I was hoping to run with (or rather very far behind) two friends, but they won''t be able to make it after all. (They live in another city, about three hours away.) I''ll be fine running solo, but the moral support would''ve been nice. Wish me luck!
1.gif

Down another 1.5 pounds and "needed" to do a little shopping to fill the gap. Still wrestling with making wise food choices, but exercise helps keep me headed in the right direction.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kath, wishing you tons of luck with your 10k!!!!

As to the food choices, it gets a bit easier with practise, but it is something that can be challenging at times, just keep working at it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a glorious morning in Marcyland! I have now lost 158 pounds. Yippee!
36.gif
Poor Marty is going to stay home sick today.
14.gif
I am sooooo taking some airbourne this morning. I don''t want to get sick.

Kathy, yay for loosing 1.5 pounds. Good luck in your 10K. I will be cheering you on from afar. We are going on vacation and I sure plan on trying to make wise food choices when we eat out.

Lorelei, you are right making those wise choices does get easier with practice.

Have a great day!
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results