shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 21st Dec till 27th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......We had a really nice Christmas. I never turned on my laptop, which was nice. We got up around 9:30, and had a cup of coffee and read the paper before cooking pancakes and sausage. They were quite a treat. It was a cloudy and rainy day, which made the day feel a bit more like Christmas up north. We opened our gifts, which were really very nice. Some needed to be exchanged. We''ve always had a rule that no ones feelings should be hurt if you don''t like something. It''s better to exchange it for something you''d like better. Dinner was super-fantastic. We had the steamers as an appetizer, while the lobsters were steaming. They were absolutely wonderful. And..........My piece of Chocolate Cake........to die for. I saved 1/2 to have tonight. Charlie had to be at work at 6 AM this morning. So, he suggested we do the gym tomorrow instead of today. When he got off work this afternoon, we decided to do the gift exchange. The mall was more jammed than any day before Christmas. But we managed to hit the two malls we needed to and get tickets to see Avatar in 3D. I can''t say enough good things about this remarkable movie. If you get the chance to see it, try to see it in 3D. It''s a visually stunning movie and a remarkable story. The special effects are simply amazing. I think I had my mouth open throughout most of the movie. We had sushi, but a bit later than usual for us. And then we had a cup of decaf and finished our slices of cake. We are going to the gym tomorrow as Charlie''s off the entire day and we don''t have anything else we need to do.

I guess it''s just you and me Marcy!! Other than bitter cold, with blowing snow, it sounds like you two had a nice Christmas. As you can see, I''m a new fan of 3D after seeing Avatar today!! Like you, I can''t believe tomorrow''s my last day off. At least they''ll let us out early on New Year''s eve and then we have a 3 day weekend. I hope you''re cold is better.

I hope all my HLT friends had a wonderful Christmas.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I am glad to hear you and Charlie had a great Christmas. I thought of going to the mall but it was just too darn nasty to venture out just to look around. Besides my check book is seriously depleted until we get paid this week so it''s best I stay home anyway. Glad to hear the movie was so amazing. I have heard good things about it. I''ve been renting quite a few PPV movies this week to catch up on them. I finally watched "The Proposal". It was good. I think I might watch "My Sister''s Keeper" still tonight.

Take care.
35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday. I am so sad to know this is my last day of vacation. At least I only have to work 3 days this week then I get a 4 day weekend.

I made English muffins, eggs, bacon and hash browns for breakfast. Of course Marty got 2/3 of everything and I got 1/3 of it. We both had OJ too since we are both still fighting colds.

The weather is still bad today. We in about 5 months it will almost be nice again. Ha Ha.

Take care and have a great day.
Marcy

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Here I am! I''m making the leap to this thread to become accountable for myself, so I look forward to sharing a healthier lifestyle with everyone here. I''m not "officially" starting to keep track of anything until the New Year, but here goes nothing!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROD and Marcy sounds like you had a very nice Christmas!!!! Eeek to all the snow; I hear the midwest is getting pounded!!! It has been cold here but no snow, phew! It is pretty though. Rod, yum to lobster and I will need to check out avatar!!!! hehe

We had a good one as well. Christmas Eve we put out the luminarias, our street does it and then went to a party which was fun. Then I got up early and went to church and family came over for smoked chicken and lots and lots of veggies, zucchini, onions, peppers, brussel sprouts and squash. We had some wine and some bread my hubby made; my sister made a cobbler. I loved having a healthier meal for our family. We did get lots of chocolate but I have only been eating a piece here and there. I did hop on the scale and I am at goal so I would like to lose a couple of lbs to have my buffer. hehe
9.gif
I did get a few cashmere sweaters, scarf and some Dior make up and a dior make up travel bag which was nice. No bling but my earrings have me set for awhile.
2.gif

My Father In Law annouce he is taking our family to ALASKA!!!!
31.gif
He said the trip to Florida was a success so we are going to Alaska in June; that should be fun!!! hehe I guess I better start looking for long underwear at REI when it goes on sale.
9.gif

Welcome Charbie!!! Yay for joining us!!!

TLH, Dragon and others, hello and belated Merry Christmas!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Welcome charbie!

Wow - I can''t believe Christmas is over already. It seems like it came and went so very fast! We still had about 6 inches of snow left over from last weekend on Christmas Eve, but it started raining at midnight and no trace of white was left for Christmas Day. Oh well, we did get to go to the Festival of Lights while there was plenty of snow on the ground and it was absolutely beautiful. I got to spend lots of time with my family, and 4 of my nieces and nephews are coming to stay the night for our annual ice skating outing. I''m not sure that I can skate because of my hip, but I''m going to give it a try! Matt''s dad is having knee replacement surgery tomorrow, so we''ll be heading to Cincinnati later in the week to help out after he gets home.

Marcy - glad you got some time off and had a nice vacation. I hope your cold let up and you weren''t home sick the whole time. Sounds like you got some good movie watching in during your time off.

Rod - glad you and Charlie had a nice Christmas, but yuck for him having to be at work at 6am the next day!

Skippy - A trip to Alaska? That''s awesome! A coworker went a few years ago and came back with the most beautiful pictures. He said it was probably his favorite vacation ever. Yay for cooking healthy for your family!!

See you all next week!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So good to see all of you doing so well! I miss you too. A few more months and I''ll be back in action and in much need of your support. For now I''m just enjoying being pregnant and not fretting too much about my weight and body. It''s strange to see the scale change so frequently and know that it''s supposed to happen.

Rod, I''ll pass the message along to John. He''s as busy as ever and doing well.

You all are doing fantanstic!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I''m with Marcy.....I can''t believe this little holiday vacation is over and tomorrow it''s back to reality. At least it''s a shorter week.

We had a nice Sunday. It was another cloudy day, which to us is a rare treat. It''s easier to sleep in a bit when the sun''s covered. We both slept in till about 10, then we had a scone, coffee and fresh fruit for breakfast. It was a very chilly day down here. We actually needed a jacket. That''s the first time this year a jacekt was necessary. We had lunch at Panera, a cup of soup and 1/2 salad. Then coffee looking at the oak (as it was too chilly to sit under it), followed by the gym. This is the first time in a long time it''s been a whole week since I had my last workout. I was afraid I''d have to back down on the weights, but I was just fine and the workout was great. Maybe taking a week off once in a while isn''t such a bad thing. We both enjoyed our workout more after a bit of a break. And I''m sore tonight, which is a good thing. We had some turkey soup in the freezer from Thanksgiving, so we had soup on this cold (well cold by Tampa standards) evening.

I''m glad you didn''t venture out in nasty weather Marcy. Your breakfast sounded good. We saw "The Proposal" at the theater and enjoyed it. I thought Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock were good together. We missed "My sisters'' Keeper" so please let us know if you liked it. I''m sorry you have to to work tomorrow. I''m not exactly thrilled about going myself.

Welcome to our healthy family Charbie. I wrote you in your thread and suggested you join us, then I checked in and saw you already had. Anwyay, welcome!

What a nice healthy Christmas dinner Skippy! How cool that your father inlaw is taking you all to Alaska. June is supposed to be beautiful up there. Woo Hoo for being at goal even after Xmas. That''s something to be quite proud of my dear! Sounds like Santa treated you well too!

How nice that the festival of lights was beautiful with snow on the ground! I''m glad you had a great holiday with your family. And Charlie said to say thanks for thinking about him having to be at work so early. He was pretty beat by last night.

Kimberly, I''m glad the mom to be is doing well. I''m sure John''s cooking extra healthy meals for you!!

Have a great Monday everyone...........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.I have been working on school tonight.I redid some labs that use things I send out in the mail.They are cutting back on everything at school so I thought I would just get my labs set up so they can use online resources instead of using the things I send them in their packets.That way when we eliminate the packets I will still be ready to go.Woo hoo!I also put one of my favorite campus labs online.I just need to set up dates for the spring classes and I will be ready to go.

We have filet, rice, veggies and a piece of French bread for our late lunch / early supper.I got a few pieces of bread ready for lunch tomorrow.We are having leftover lasagna.I need to go get out plasticwear and napkins too.It is hard getting back to my routine.I told Marty I am going to be quite upset when I can’t have wine with my lunch.LOL!

Charbie, I am delighted to see you here.I am hitting it hard again on January 4th myself.

Skippy, I can’t believe the snow and drifts around town.I think some of them are permanent glaciers until about May.I am glad you had a nice Christmas too.I bet the luminaries look great on your street.Your healthy dinner sounds great and congratulations for being at goal!Woo hoo Skinny Skippy.

36.gif
Sounds like Santa was good to you.A trip to Alaska sounds divine.
9.gif
My parents went in August and had a great time.Are you doing a cruise?One thing they told my folks was a good rain coat on the ship.

Deegee, how nice that you get rain warm enough to melt all the snow and just not add to the ice on top and bottom of it.I have a friend that moved from here to Erie and she tells me that all the time.The festival of lights sounds really pretty.Have fun with your nieces and nephews.Good luck to your FIL on his surgery tomorrow.My cold is better but not gone; Marty’s is at about the worst part now poor thing.“My Sister’s Keeper” was not on PPV anymore last night so I didn’t get to watch it.I did thoroughly enjoy my vacation though.

Kimi, thanks for checking in.Happy New Year to you and John.I am glad you are enjoying being pregnant.

Rod, do you get Thursday and Friday off too?A jacket in Tampa?Too funny.Sounds like you had a lovely day though.I thought Sandra B and Ryan R did make a cute couple.Marty saw that movie 4 times on his Hong Kong flights so he didn’t watch it with me.I am sure the other movie will show up on PPV again or one of the movie channels soon so I’ll let you know when I watch it.It looks like a moving story.

Well, I am off to measure out my cereal and fruit for breakfast.

See you in next week’s thread.

35.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo! I have my spring class ready to go. Once I load it up online I need to check all the links, add info to the calendars, add links and I am good to go. Glad to get that little project done.
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Rod- mmm I like soft shell crab too!

Marcy - I also liked the proposal!

Skippy- wow, alaska! what a treat from your FIL!

dg- I hope you enjoyed watching the little ones skate, and some healing dust for your hip! ***

kim- congrats on the pregnancy!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
DH and I both cried during My Sisters Keeper! Whew, that was a tear jerker!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m jumping over here too. I need some motivation and accountability to get my a$% in gear and drop the extra 20 lbs I am carrying. Since we''re TTC I''d like to do it ASAP. Also, DH wants to drop some weight too, but he''s not very motivated. Hopefully we can both benefit from this thread:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results