shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 14th Sept till 20th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Your nephew is the COOLEST!

Flax seed... and I hear Cheerios is good! wink! Hope your hubby gets his cholesterol lowered. Maybe he can join you on your walks? Exercise is always a good thing. Everyone in my family (''cept for me cuz I''m awesome... so far) has high cholesterol as a part of family history - and just being mindful of their diet and moderate exercise has really kept them in the medicine free ranges. ***healthy dust to the hubs!***

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 5:43:36 PM
Author: tlh
Your nephew is the COOLEST!

Flax seed... and I hear Cheerios is good! wink! Hope your hubby gets his cholesterol lowered. Maybe he can join you on your walks? Exercise is always a good thing. Everyone in my family (''cept for me cuz I''m awesome... so far) has high cholesterol as a part of family history - and just being mindful of their diet and moderate exercise has really kept them in the medicine free ranges. ***healthy dust to the hubs!***
flax seed is a good idea! thank you; he bikes to work a few times a week but he should probably step it up a notch. hehe

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Just a reply for Skippy:

Increase muscle mass WILL increase your metabolism significantly. This is why athletes can consume 4000-5000 calories. They burn a lot during their work out yes, but most is burned during the day cuz their metabolism is higher.

remember, to increase muscle mass.. you need 6 weeks of muscle stress (weight training)

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey and Happy Wednesday........I slept well last night and the day at work was intense but productive. I made it to the gym at a reasonable hour and managed to have an excellent workout. Since I''ve been cleared by my PT, I''ve reintroduced some things he didn''t want me doing while I was in pain. For example, I''ve been able to go back to doing free weights and tonight I was doing free weight bench presses of 150 LBs WOO HOO! I finished my workout with a solid session on the elliptical. I can add more time on the elliptical each week, so next week, I''ll be at 20, then the week after 25 and so on. It''s so nice to be back to myself, painfree and having solid workouts at the gym!

I can''t say hello to everyone individually. I just had a couple peices of chicken, plus 4 pieces of sushi Charlie brought home. He also stopped and got us a special treat.....FroYo fro CaliYogurt with fresh strawberries - YUMMM.

Ted, this is the perfect place to offer the type of information you provided and it''s very informative and interesting. So, please stay and feel free to share information you think will help us.

OK...I still have stretches to do. No gym tomorrow night.........See you all later........

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 10:35:13 PM
Author: Rod
Hey and Happy Wednesday........I slept well last night and the day at work was intense but productive. I made it to the gym at a reasonable hour and managed to have an excellent workout. Since I''ve been cleared by my PT, I''ve reintroduced some things he didn''t want me doing while I was in pain. For example, I''ve been able to go back to doing free weights and tonight I was doing free weight bench presses of 150 LBs WOO HOO! I finished my workout with a solid session on the elliptical. I can add more time on the elliptical each week, so next week, I''ll be at 20, then the week after 25 and so on. It''s so nice to be back to myself, painfree and having solid workouts at the gym!

I can''t say hello to everyone individually. I just had a couple peices of chicken, plus 4 pieces of sushi Charlie brought home. He also stopped and got us a special treat.....FroYo fro CaliYogurt with fresh strawberries - YUMMM.

Ted, this is the perfect place to offer the type of information you provided and it''s very informative and interesting. So, please stay and feel free to share information you think will help us.

OK...I still have stretches to do. No gym tomorrow night.........See you all later........

Congrats Rod, excellent to hear your are back at the gym. Picture yourself healthy and ideal! hold on to that image and use it for motivation!

Keep it up bud

-ted

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday everyone!

I had a hello typed out for everyone, but I''m not so great at using my new computer just yet and deleted everything. Rats! I''m too sleepy tonight, so I''ll check in with everyone tomorrow. I had a good weigh in today - I lost 2 more pounds. Yay! I''m tired of chicken and turkey, so we had beef tips and veggies for dinner. We took our walk, but I think Matt and I were half asleep and I don''t think we walked very fast. Poochie seems really tired today too. None of us got much sleep last night so I''m sure we''ll crash hard tonight and be much more perky tomorrow. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Today I had a supervisor’s class with a working lunch so I got to go home an hour earlier than normal so I went to the bank, got the trash ready to put out, scanned a few more photos for my digital frame, answered school emails, started laundry (usually at Thursday night task) and got our lunch ready for tomorrow all before heading off to class tonight.

After class I finished a second batch of laundry and found more pictures to scan.Some of them are “OMG” when I see myself and Marty too.He’s probably lost about 50 pounds since some of those photos were taken.As for the ones of me, well let’s just say I was HUGE.I did chuckle when I saw the ones of us on the beach.I had a major laugh attack the first time I decided to look through old photos after losing about 70 pounds.When I found one of myself on the beach I started laughing and showed it to Marty and said “whale on the beach”.Now I now most people would be kind of uneasy to laugh at that but remember I don’t take myself too seriously and if anyone can make that kind of comment about me I can. I’ll tell you seeing how my legs looked before it is no wonder I have knee and feet issues.

14.gif

Marty is in to world of warcraft and was up till about 2 am trying to get out of some dungeon.

38.gif
Of course I am a very light sleeper so that means I wasn’t sleeping either.I finally got to sleep about 3 then woke up at 4.Ugh that made for a very short night.

Hi Ted.

Dragonfly, that is great you perfected your pasta recipe.

Somethingshiny, the hike with the in-laws this weekend will be fun.Maybe make apple crisp for everyone that day.I rarely like anything other than whole wheat or whole grain bread but sometimes sourdough still sounds good to me.I continue to send much dust your way for your husband in his job search.

Tlh, thank you for the compliment about dealing with the stress at work.I always try to look out for my employees even if it means encouraging them to move on.Marty and I must be just like you and your husband because we are awesome too

9.gif
– or is that we are a legend in our own minds?
11.gif
If you saw the moon this morning you probably saw Venus.It was the bright star nearby.I was really enjoying your story about your color coordinating and how thin your thighs look in the moonlight.Tee hee.You crack me up.

Skippy, how cute that your nephew left you a long message.I am sure it’s delightful to listen to him.Sorry to hear your husband has high cholesterol.My mom has that and takes medicine for it but I don’t know what she takes.I am sure they’ll find ways to help him get it lowered.I see Tlh offered up my suggestion – cheerios.I eat them every day and I love them too.

Rod, woo hoo for reintroducing things back in to our workout.That is so exciting.

Deegee, I am sure you’ll get the hang of your new computer.Rats for losing your post.Congratulations for losing 2 pounds.

36.gif
I am so excited for you.

Well, I need to call my mom and then get ready for bed.

See you tomorrow.

35.gif

Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Rod- I love that you''re able to build and your bench press---- MAD PROPS!

deegee- sorry you''re so exhausted.. must be that you''re soo skinny now! CONGRATS ON YOUR 2# WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

marcy- wow, it is like a slide show of the shrinking YOU! that is soo cool! i DID SEE VENUS, I WAS WONDERING WHAT THAT WAS... COOL!!! I''ll have to tell my hubs!
9.gif
I like that... you should call yourself LEGENDARY! I LOVE IT! (I also love the star tips... since i''m running in darkness.. kinda cool to know something other than orion in the sky!)

Everyone Happy weds! Things are good here no complaints at all. Recovery week is fun. I slept in this morning, and it felt goooooood. Doing some yoga and strength tonight. May even go for a swim, I''m insisting the lap pool if we do though, I''ve got skeeter bites all over probably from the lake swim.

“To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.” unknown

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
tlh,

I just want to mention to you and everyone how GREAT swimming laps is for you! I use to swim competitively all through high school. Swimming WILL work every muscle in your body! It is a great mix of cardio, along with strength training! Swimming, if using proper technique is AMAZING for building your back muscles, arms, legs, and a nice behind! In addition, there is little/no resistance on the joints, its perfect for someone who is having joint pain or any arthritis!

If you can''t swim, look into water aerobics (also known as hydrofit). They have many classes, i have taught them for 2 years now, and they are a great work out if you put the effort in. Also the social time is nice too.

Water walking (back and forth the width) in the pool is great resistance work out too if you prefer, or maybe don''t know how to swim!

Good luck, keep up the great work everyone! I love hearing the success stories! Later this week i''m going to write up a little something about post work out recovery! Stay tuned ;-)

-Ted

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all! So last night I ended up doing squats with an overhead weight press, crunches, leg lifts, bridge pose for 1 min, Plie'' and some cross punches. I went for a slower paced jog for 2 miles this morning, with just a short sprint at the end. We were bad bad bad and had pizza last night but I was just so overwhelmingly tired that I really needed to just chill and not cook or clean or do anything. So I read while SO watched fights on tv (blah) and did that short workout. Anyways

Ted - that is really good to know about the muscle mass and how much is needed to build it. What do you recommend for abs
11.gif

Skippy - your nephew sounds oh so cute!

Rod - Glad you are doing so great at the gym! Congrats on getting back in gear!!

Marcy - Yay for early work days!!!

It is Thursday right?
23.gif

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/17/2009 12:42:12 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Hey all! So last night I ended up doing squats with an overhead weight press, crunches, leg lifts, bridge pose for 1 min, Plie' and some cross punches. I went for a slower paced jog for 2 miles this morning, with just a short sprint at the end. We were bad bad bad and had pizza last night but I was just so overwhelmingly tired that I really needed to just chill and not cook or clean or do anything. So I read while SO watched fights on tv (blah) and did that short workout. Anyways

Ted - that is really good to know about the muscle mass and how much is needed to build it. What do you recommend for abs
11.gif

Skippy - your nephew sounds oh so cute!

Rod - Glad you are doing so great at the gym! Congrats on getting back in gear!!

Marcy - Yay for early work days!!!

It is Thursday right?
23.gif

For abs: You can NOT specify what part of the body you will lose weight from. Ie., 1 million ab exercises won't "remove fat" in the area. How and where you gain/lose fat is pre-determined through genetics. Ab workouts, after 6 weeks, will start to increase the size of the abdominal muscles. Ab workouts confuse people, because when they are sore, they feel "tight". This gives the impression of losing weight in the abdominal region.

So, ab exercises are semi-important to build the abdominal muscles but, to achieve a flatter stomach one must concentrate on lowering his/her body fat percentage! Also to remember, this is very difficult area to lose weight from, and usually the last place =/. It all depends on your genetics.

-Ted

Edit* I re-read your post and you asked my reccomendation for abs. I would recommend not concentrating or spend to much time on them alone. Instead, I would concentrate on workouts that targeted my "core"...which includes the abdominal region.

Planks are amazing (KEEP YOUR BACK STRAIGHT! dont lift your behind). I think you called them bridge poses? Try them on your side to! Put ONE arm down on the floor, 90 degrees to your body. Lay on your side, keep your feet on the ground, and lift your core up. The only body parts on the floor should be your arm/elbow and feet. Tip: some like to put a pillow under the arm for comfort. this is fine.

also try laying on your back with your feet on the ground, knees bent upwards. Lift your pelvis high into the air, and "point" your belly button the the cieling. Hold that pose. ALSO, before you go to bed, or w/e you are at work:

Tighten your ab muslces (contract them). Picture yourself pushing your belly button to your back, and hold it tightly for like 15-20 seconds. Do this like 3-6 times ;-)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
great tips ted! A strong core and back really helps me on my long runs! (and I love to swim for the very reasons you listed off!)

butterfly, THAT IS AWESOME!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!!!! I always end every run w/ a 200 meter sprint. Because even when I''ve been running a 5k, 10k, 13.1M or 26.2M race... you always want to kick it in high gear at the end and leave all that you got on the course... my training runs, train me to get used to that... and finish strong!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey..........It was a decent day at work. Certainly a big salad day for me. We had an all day planning and goal setting day, so they brought in lunch from Maggiano''s. They had a big VAT of pasta with sausage, bread and butter and salad. I tasted the pasta, had one small piece of bread and just mainly had salad without their too fat dressing. Charlie picked up salads for dinner tonight, so I''m kind of salad''ed out at the moment.......LOL I''m sore today. That''s a really good thing. After so many months of pain and still working out, but just enough to not lose the progress I''ve made over the nearly 4 years since I Rebuilt Rod, it was nice to push really hard and feel soreness for the first time in a long time. I''m glad I have until Saturday afternoon to heal a bit before we have our next gym session. YAY for tomorrow being Friday!!! We''ll do our usual Friday night sushi and start the weekend off on a good note.

Thanks Ted.......no matter how much pain I was in I can honestly say I never lost motivation. Now that I''m better, I have even more motivation and I''m going to hold on to that for as many years as I can!! BTW, I''m a huge believer in core strength training and I do planks at the beggining of every workout at the gym. I bought Core Strength Training by Mark Verstegen and think it''s a great book. On swimming.......I''m sure, no, I know it''s a great way to exercise. When I was first diagnosed with a severly herniated disc, the neurosurgeon I saw wanted me to swim 2 miles a day (sidestroke and backstroke only). That would have been like over 400 laps in the pool (was he crazy, or what??) and so I tried to swim religiously every night. But I hated it. Don''t get me wrong, I love the pool. I think it''s a great place to relax in. You know, put a raft in, put on some shades and soak up some rays between cooling off. Ahhhhh, the pool. Only for me, it''s not a place to exercise, and I don''t get any joy from swimming. None. Zip. Nadda. Now give me an elliptical, and I''ll rip it up.
31.gif
11.gif
10.gif

It''s so frustrating to type out a big response and lose it deegee. Woo Hoo for losing another 2 pounds!!!!

Hey Marcy, WOW for Marty having lost 50 pounds. And with his world travels, it''s hard to be on the road and not gain weight. I hope Marty''s careful with the Warlord thing. I''ve read about people becoming too consumed by that game.........I try not to look at pre Rebuild Rod pics. It reminds me of how many years I wasted the opportunity to be healthier. When I''m doing chinups and dips with the ''youngsters'' at the gym, I''m glad I can do the same thing at my age, I also think how much better I could be if I had lost weight and started working out when I was a much younger man.........oh well, can''t worry about what was or wasn''t, just what is, right??

I''m glad recovery week is good tlh!! But even in recovery, you''re still doing healthy things for you!! Thanks for the kudos btw......it''s nice to be back in the house!!

dragon, with how hard you work out, I think you absolutely deserved to enjoy a pizza. When I first started Reguild Rod, I completely gave up everything fun for a loooong time. It''s only been in the last year or so, that I''ve allowed myself to indulge once in a while.

OK.....it''s stretch time. Have a great Friday everyone..........

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, my cousin and I walked for an hour tonight! It was cold; I had to wear long sleeves and pants. I think the high was 68 today but it also rained all day; we are grateful for the hard rain. I am looking forward to going to bed; it has been rainy and cloudy so it made me super sleepy all day.
24.gif
24.gif

Oh on a happy nonsleepy note; I got to hold my new nephew today. Here is a quick pic!
9.gif
16.gif
Tomorrow is muscle hour, yay!!!
Happy THURS Evening friends
35.gif

TAP, thanks for the info!!! Is 2 days of muscle work good? yay for teaching water classes; what other classes do you teach?

ROD, glad you had a wonderful workout; that is music to my ears to hear that!!! I am so happy you are doing lots better andy yay for bench press of 150 lbs, you are a rock stark!!!

DEEGEE, YAY for losing 2 lbs; you are fabulous!!!
36.gif

MARCY, wooohoooo for the skinny you and Marty; I bet you feel lots better! Awesome!!!

TLH, yippeeeeee for sleeping in! woohooo for yoga tonight!

DRAGON, here is a pic of my teeny tiny new nephew. hehe thanks! YAY for jogging; you are doing great!

IMG2490newnephew.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwww.......so cute Skippy. Oh and so''s your new Nephew!!! Hey, I thought you were going to send some cooler air over here. It''s still unseasonably hot in Tampa and they say there''s no break in sight. Oh well, enjoy the cooler weather for us Floridians, OK?? Hugs dear friend........

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Hey skippy, i love the pictures! When you ask if 2 days of muscles is good. I assume you are asking if lifting weights two days a week is good? or two days back to back good? I would lift weights 3-4 times a week personally, but those are my goals. I believe 2 days a week is not bad for "maintaining", but i don't think you are getting your potential.

Edit* i just wanted to say, lifting weights is tricky if you don't have any instruction. Just to keep it quick and simple, after exerting yourself with lifting, you should give your muscles a day for rest. I would reccomend 3x a week, full body workouts (lifting with weights). I personally use a split-workout (4 days a week, X muscle group on day 1 and 3, and Y muscle groups on day 2 and 4). Ill talk about this later if any one is interested....

As to what other classes i teach; well im a phys. ed and health teacher. I am a ski instructor so i teach skiing, i give tennis lessons, swimming lessons, i've coached 3-4 different sports. i'm also a personal trainer. if its active, and someone wants to listen to me, ill teach and share it lol!

Rod, hell yah for the burn feeling. I know what you mean, good to see you back at it! keep it up. Any P.S. 70 laps in a 25yard pool = 1 mile :) haha just busting you. yeah swimming is not for all, thats why when people ask me what they should do for cardio, i recommend do what you love! some run, bike, swim, racketball, tennis, whatever elevates teh heart rate and keeps it there!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
AWWWW SKIPPY!!!!! LOOOVE the picture!!! Awesome you had a good walk too. It''s great you live close to your family. I only have my sister, but really she''s my closest family so I''m happy. We are each other''s workout buddies. I don''t know what we''ll do if we stopped living near each other...
7.gif

Rod, I''m ONE HUNDRED PERCENT like you. I get NO JOY out of swimming. And I used to swim competitively!!! I *hated* every bloody second of it. Then my brother got us into water polo and from then on it was, "Gotta swim to train for polo." Still hated every second, but at least I had something to work out for. Now i almost NEVER get in the water. And I feel like absolute rubbish the last time I did. I TOTALLY let myself go with the swimming. I could feel myself doing every stroke wrong. And I had zero stamina. So hopefully in the winter I can incorporate it as a once a week-er. Okay enough on my rubbish. HOORAY for the gym workout!!! Awesome! I''m so happy you''re back to the Uber Rod workouts. Those are so inspiring. I''m still working up to the body weight pull up. Our trainer said we''re super close...

Hi Ted, nice tips on the workouts etc. I try to share the little tid-bits of info my trainer gives me too. It''s always helpful to have people with info to share. :) What have your workouts been? You keep sharing all this great info, you could probably keep the rest of us motivated too :)

Dragon, To add to Ted''s ab exercises, I can give you a few my trainer does. Without a swiss ball: Plank pose with lower body rotation. Sis and I call this the Chorus Line. Plank pose, then rotate your hips so your right leg crosses and your right foot taps the ground on your left side. Then rotate the other way and tap the left foot to the right side. It reminds me of the Rockettes Christmas Show, hence the Chorus Line name. Bicycle crunches (which you already do). Leg lifts: lay on a bench. Lift your legs up, starting with curling your tailbone under (like your pelvis is scooping water). Lower your legs all the way down. Side Plank "dips": Side plank pose. Your shoulder should be in line with your wrist/elbow. Your feet stacked. keep your body in one straight plane. Lower, but don''t touch your hips to the ground and raise them back up to side-plank. Let me know if you want ball ones. We do a TON.

TLH, yay Yoga!!! Tomorrow is mine and sister''s yoga treat :) We''re going to hit a vinyasa class. We did Hatha Saturday AM and Leena was like "that was a cool vinyasa class, but not as intense as you described." I told her that''s because it was hatha. For a Hatha class it was AMAZING and butt kicking!!! Vinyasa tomorrow is going to be a WORK.OUT! I can''t wait!!!!

Marcy, I love you have such a great sense of humor. Must be why Marty loves you so much too. The Shrinking Woman pictures you posted before are SO inspiring!!! Bummer about the lack of sleep. I''m a "light-ish" sleeper. If I''m asleep, I''m dead to the world. But if I''m in the waking/falling asleep stage, I can be woken up pretty easily.

Deegee, Yay! for a good weigh in!!!! I''m sure your pooch is loving how active you are and walking so much now. :)

Hello Deejay, Sharon, Lore.

Yesterday sis, the dog and I went on a 4 miler. It was sister''s first 4 miler, so we had to finish it to break through her wall. I TOTALLY didn''t want to do it, but within the first 1/2 mile I was telling sis, "Thank you for making me do this, I feel GREAT!!!" She got to a point where she wanted to walk and she told me to motivate her to keep going. So I did and she totally ripped it up. It was great. Now i just need to convince myself to get my lazy butt out of bed in the AM to work out. Today was a training session. We did circuits: 25lb dumbbell bench presses on a swiss ball, one legged squats with 8 lb weights on a balancing contraption (inflatable disc, you could use a bosu), switched legs, elastic band rows on one leg on a balancing contraption (same disc), squats with a 4lb medicine ball on a different contraption (a mini "teeter totter" for your feet). Then 1 min sprints on the treadmill. Repeat 4 times. Whew! Felt good though :) Tomorrow is yoga, YAY! This weekend we''re hoping for a bike ride with a friend, and one more serious cardio so we don''t have to do swiss ball bridges on our Tabatas workout on Monday.

Dinner last night was paella. Sis played hookie today and met me for a picnic lunch at a park by my work. She brought some leftover paella and the dog. It was fun. Dinner tonight was pork tenderloin. It came out PERFECT. I had to modify the recipe because we had to leave for our training session before the pork would''ve been done. So I halved the cooking time and left it in the hot oven and asked James to take it out when he got home. It came out FANTASTIC!! Yay! Go me! Then James got kinda snappy at me while I''m making us dinner. It got me mad for a little bit but I got over it. Stupid boys. Don''t be snappy at the person MAKING YOUR DINNER.
38.gif
(No offense to Rod & Ted). Anyway, James leaves for his Bachelor Party tomorrow, then it''s girly sister bonding time!!! HOORAY!!!!!!

Take care everyone!

~Lisa

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello my healthy friends in cyberspace. We had home tacos for supper and we will have taco salad for lunch tomorrow. I love two meals from one batch of food.

I am so glad it’s finally Friday tomorrow too. Yippee!

Tlh, yep I am a legend in my own mind all right. I will keep you posted on star tips. If it sparkles I like it which shows you how easily entertained I am. Over the next few days the bright star Regulus in Leo will close in on Venus and they will be closest on Sunday morning. I was thinking of doing a collage of some of the before pictures of me after I get everything scanned and put a few of the along the way and after photos in the middle. That will be a nice project for me when Marty is gone. That is wonderful you got to sleep in today. Rats for mosquito bites. I get welts that really itch from mosquito bites so I will put zinc oxide on them to help stop the itching. One time I’d come home from work and had about a dozen bites on each leg so I put zinc oxide on the bites and just forgot about it. Some friends called me to come down and meet them at the bar for a drink so I head out and get there and they are all staring at me as I walk in and it’s like “what?” We had a good laugh at my polka dotted legs.

Ted, my MIL does the water aerobics and loves it.

Dragonfly, yay for getting in some great exercise last night. There are just some nights I am not up to cooking either.

Rod, it seems like a lot of people at work are all of a sudden leaving for other jobs. I remembered you saying things were easing up a bit in the job market. I figure if they are finding new jobs maybe more jobs will be opening up soon. That would be great to see for all of us! Yay for being sore for a good reason; I am sure that feels great to you. You should be very proud of how fit you are and that you can match or out perform some of those youngsters at the gym. I actually like to look at old pictures now because it almost doesn’t seem real to me anymore. Sometimes I get kind of bothered and I wish I’d made the change a long time ago but part of my new life was not beating myself up for bad choices. There isn’t a thing I can do about it now. I was so morbidly obese for most of my life so I consider myself lucky to be pretty much a normal person now. My feet and knees continue to remind me what damage I did to myself; I think if I hadn’t changed when I did I’d be one of those people using a motorized cart in the grocery store these days. It’s sure nice not to have high blood pressure and heart issues any more. Marty has lost weight in Hong Kong because they have to walk so much but he usually does gain weight when he travels. Marty plays that game with his sisters and if it’s like most things he will eventually get bored with it. As much stress as he has with work if it’s his only brain drain and keeps him from having a heart attack then its fine with me.

Skippy, you and your new nephew are adorable. Yay for the rain. We’ve been cooler too. I ran out to school tonight and ended up talking some of my friends in the library for about an hour and I came home after dark and it was very chilly then. One of the things we were talking about is snake stories so I hope I don’t have dreams about snakes now.

Lisa, Marty and I are both pretty obnoxious and easily entertained so as my mom says it is never dull around our place. I am glad you like my pictures. I am glad once you are asleep you sleep pretty well. Marty teases me if a gnat flies by the window I would wake up. Yay for you and your sister running 4 miles and then for going to your training session today. Glad your pork turned out great and that’s right don’t mess with the cook. I like to put poison stickers on the baggies that has Marty’s lunch in it – it’s puzzling to people that see it and it just reminds Marty I have the power to mess with his food. Tee Hee. His buddies call my cookies "death cookies" because of my stickers.

Well, take care.
Marcy

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Marcyc,

I hate to admit it. But i want to warn you about that game world of warcraft. What you said bothers me, because I was addicted to it REAL bad a few years ago.. and again early this summer. IT IS NOT LIKE MOST GAMES, it is seriously bad if you get hooked. I swear to god i know people in real life, and through the game that had horror stories about losing jobs and relationships over the game.

I use to play for hours upon hours, i would ditch friends, social events, classes, meals, you name it. it was bad. I almost lost my relationship as well. I just physically couldnt get up and walk away from teh game. It was always, oh wait, 20 mins later, oh wait, just need to finish this. There is a command on the game where you type in /played and it gives you the time amount spent on the game. Just to give you the severity, over a 3-4 year span, i had close to 80 full 24 hour days. 80 days of my life lost because of that game. Maybe it shouldn't be brought up, but i'm just warning you. The addiction rate for world of warcraft they say is between 20-40% of its players. This is a ridiculousness high number for video games.

It was a very scary part of my life, i have never been addicted to anything besides this...
This website helped me quit

http://www.wowdetox.com/index.php

I am seriously so ashamed to admit that i was addicted this badly to a video game, I just can't pass up the opportunity to warn you..

Anywho, sorry bout that...

I hope every has a great and healthy friday! Gym tomorrow morning for me! time to get some sleep.

-ted

tlh

Ideal_Rock

ROD- Maggiano''s portions are HUGE! and their salads are yummy! what a lunch! drool! you''re like the old espn song - welcome to the big show, dun nuh nuh, duh nuh nuh! he can''t go all the waaaaaaaay! ... remember?

9.gif

skippy- oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! you have no idea how bad I''m going through baby fever. I''ve gotta have more cowbell I guess. Sorry, I automatically think christopher walkin when I hear the word fever. Your walk sounded awesome, and I loved that it cooled down for pants! that rocks!

ted- I remember my old health teachers. It is cool that you are one too! sorry you were an addict to world of warcraft, but your post made me giggle a little! Now your just addicted to fitness like the rest of us nuts!

28.gif

lisa- (do you know how many times I type in ''lida'' and have to go back and correct! haha1) I''m excited for your yoga workout too!! You and your sis are awesome training buddies! and YAYYYYYYYYY for your 4 miler with your sis! You two are UNSTOPPABLE!

marcy- I was looking at the nonmoon sky and looking for the turkish flag in reverse - but there was no trace of moon out there. Forntunately I know where it should be- and was able to see Venus, and wow, that was cool. But wow, the moon was GONE, usually there is at least a halo. So that was a neat part of my run. I''ll keep my eyes peeled for Regulus. Cool name! Great tip on the bites!

everyone happy friday! Today''s run was awesome. Have this pesky sore spot on my lower calf - gotta love running the base of a mountain every morning. So I had to cut today''s run a little short so I could ice it up and be ready for my run tomorrow. Yesterday was weird, a guy I dated 5+ years ago but was not enamoured with sent me an email. It was really nice. Apologized for being a weirdo, and basically told me how wonderful I was and how I touched his life. (and who doesn''t like to hear that!) Well anyway, made me feel good, and a little strange that he sent me an email out of the blue. I think my hubs got a twinge jealous, only about the fact that I responded... and was like if I got an email from an old lover you''d be angry... and I really think it depends on the subtext. I wouldn''t call this guy a lover... just a guy I accepted a few dates from. So anywho, it was really funny, and I was like - well as I recall, didn''t you used to be completely awful to ladies'' until you met me? so I doubt anyone is gonna be writing about how you changed their lives ...uh... in a good way. He reluctantly agreed... but it did give us a good chuckle. This isn''t the first time it has happened to me, and D just doesn''t get it. But I explained, I never lied, ever, I was always honest - but considerate when giving the news. And often times, people don''t know what to do with raw honesty, so they act goofy sometimes. But that is their pain... eventually people respect the delivery - and the curtness, rather than being mislead out of your own insecurities. (Ie a breakup like a sniper bullet- quick and done... versus being dragged by a horse for 30 miles.) But it was a nice email, and I was glad to read about how well he was doing, even though he was probably looking for some sort of closure.

"Wisdom is nothing more than healed pain.” Robert Gary Lee

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hello, all. Just a quick check-in.

Skippy~ Awwwee!! Thanks for posting a pic of your sweet nephew!

Ted~ RE: WOW. DH had a friend who was literally addicted to that game too. He worked 2nd shift with DH and would often say that he got home at midnight and played until the next day when he went into work. He would be so sleep deprived he got in vehicle accidents frequently. At one time DH and he carpooled but only DH could drive because the other guy wasn''t able. He started calling in all the time in order to play the game. He was fired from two jobs because of all the times he called in so he could stay home and play instead. It is unbelievable how people''s lives can be SO affected by a game. Glad that you''re free from it!!

JT caught his first fish yesterday! He was very excited although he didn''t really want to touch it. lol. Last night I got to go for a walk all by myself! I didn''t realize how long it had been since I could keep a nice pace up. Usually I''m trying to slow down to wait for little feet. I took JT hiking today. Just the two of us went out for a couple hours. It was mostly exploring and climbing but it was lots of fun. Then, of course, we hit the swings for a while! Tomorrow we''re getting in our last hike at our favorite place for the year. The leaves are turning so it should be really spectacular, and it''s nice and cool in the basin where we like to go.

Unfortunately, I''ve ruined yet another pair of shoes from hiking today. That''s the 3rd pair this season. I can''t bring myself to buy really good (ie expensive) hiking shoes because of the heck I put them through. I''m beginning to think that will be the only way to KEEP a pair!

DH rented "Horton Hears a Who" so I gotta go! I LOVE Dr. Seuss!

Have a great weekend!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........It was a long workday for a Friday. Everyone else left the office around 5 and I finally started to leave around 6:15. In the middle of the day, I had to have some bloodwork for my annual PSA test, then I decided to stop by and get a flu shot. So, both of my arms are a bit sore. After work I met Charlie at favorite sushi place #1 and I had a 12 ounce Sapporo, which was fine, but the owner decided to send over another one on the house, which for me was a bit too much, and I didn't want to leave it, so of course I drank it and left feeling a bit looped. I'll work out a little harder tomorrow to burn the extra beer calories......LOL Charlie's off tomorrow, so we'll have a regular Saturday, including a nice strong workout in the afternoon.

Ted, I don't have access to a 25 yard pool. I live in a beautiful highrise condo, directly on Tampa Bay, but our pool is a measly 40 feet. So, with there being 5280 feet in a mile, divided by 40 = 132 laps for one mile, so 264 for 2 miles. OK......so I exagerated just a bit with the comment about 400 but doing only side and back strokes was slow especially with me being in extreme pain, so I just got so frustrated that it became torture for me. I'm sorry you were one of the Warlord victims who became totally consumed by that game. I've read about people who lost their jobs, wifes, husbands, partners and even homes over the game. I'm glad you're no longer hooked. For me, the elliptical is fun. Some might think that weird, but I know I get a great cardio workout on one. I push really hard on the elliptical and do interval sprints to make it even more challenging. When I get off one, I'm usually a completely drenched mess, so that's a good thing!

Hi Lisa.........from one non-swimmer to another, I'm glad you get your cardio from running among other things. How great that you helped your sister do her first 4 miler. My PT doesn't want me to run for a while, but I'm looking forward to getting back into running. Sometimes when I least want to workout, I'm most grateful for doing it and I feel so much better. You'll get the body weight pull up, I know you will!! Yummmmm, I love Paella........

Marcy, I must say we're busier than we've been in a long time and it's actually encouraging to see some hiring activity out there. I'm so glad you don't have any heart issues anymore. And like you said, we can't do anything about what we did to ourselves in the past, just celebrate the present and work towards a better future. I'm sure Marty won't go to the depths some people have with that game. It has ruined some people's lives. I've never played it myself, but I'm not into video games to begin with. LOL about your polka dot legs!!

tlh, not only are Maggiano's portions huge, they're certainly not low cal, low fat or low sodium. Today, everyone ate leftovers but me. I had a nice chicken sandwich (from chicken we baked at home) on multi grain bread, with a slice of tomato and some lettuce. It was yummy and oh so much better for me than the vat of pasta. LOL about the espn song!! It was nice of the guy you dated 5 years ago reaching out to you and letting you know you had a positive effect on his life. Sorry the hubs was a bit jealous though........

How exciting for JT to catch his first fish SS!!! Yay for a walk on your own and for a hike with JT. I'm jealous of "the leaves are turning." Leaves don't turn in Florida. Once a year, they sort of just fall off and are replaced in the middle of the night with new ones.......LOL

OK.....It's well after 11, so it's time to go to sleep. I sleep the absolute best on Friday night. And I don't have to get up early tomorrow.......YAYAYAYAY

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woo-hoo! It''s the weekend!

tlh - you absolutely crack me up. Christopher Walkin is my absolute favorite host, and I think of the cowbell thing everytime I hear that song! That''s funny that an old date emailed you out of the blue. I have definitely never had that happen!

Skippy - what a sweet picture! Babies scare me with their little floppy heads, but they''re so cute when they''re all bundled up like that!!! I bet you''re the best auntie.

Lisa - Last night I cooked dinner while my hubby took a nap on the couch. After we ate, I asked him to load the dishwasher. He actually made some smart comment like, "well, what are you doing?" Men. He was smart enough to duck & run. You''re making me feel really lazy with all your working out!

Marcy - I''m right up there with you on the job stuff and the skeeter bites. My mom''s yard seems to be a breeding ground for those darn bugs. One Sunday afternoon, I counted 27 bites on one leg and 10 on the other. I wore capri pants to work the next day, and was I ever sorry! So many people stopped by my office to check out my red dot legs, I finally pulled out coverstick and powder to try to cover them up and I didn''t wear capri pants to work for the rest of the summer. Mine kind of leave little scar looking places for a while. Do yours? You said something earlier about always being cold. Do you really think it has something to do with your arthritis? I am usually a cold person - Matt will be sitting here in shorts and a t-shirt, and I have on jeans, socks, shirt, sweatshirt, and blanket. I seem to be colder this year than usual. I have been wearing a sweater and keeping my legs wrapped in a blanket at work. I''m soooo dreading winter.

Rod - Matt and I moved to WV for his job 12 years ago. I live outside of the big, booming metropolis of Charleston. Sometimes I feel really closed in here because there are no wide open spaces or flat pieces of land! We were fortunate enough to find a house that wasn''t built into the side of or hanging off a mountain. We have some back yard, and then it turns into a 30-40 foot steep hill with a creek at the bottom. You don''t want to stray too far at night without a light on!

shiny - glad you''re getting to go hiking! I hope your husband''s luck turns around with the job search. A 90 minute commute would stink. Hubby and I commute 55 minutes one way every day (if there are no wrecks). We''re in the car together for about 35 minutes, so it''s not so bad. It does make for a long day, though. Glad you''re getting time to spend together with the kids. I love seeing families having fun together.

dragonfly - you''re doing great with keeping up the exercise. Matt and I had a long, long week and we plan to have an easy day tomorrow and treat ourselves with pizza from our favorite local restaurant. I''m going to make sure I eat plenty of salad so that I won''t overeat on the pizza!

Ted - I enjoy reading the exercise tips, but I am really limited to what I can do and I''m getting frustrated with myself! I had an injury to my spine in a car accident several years ago and everything makes my back swell. If I''m not careful, I can really mess myself up. My back doctor won''t clear me to do much. I have lost 42 pounds since April and I really feel the need to do something to help build muscle tone, especially in my arms. I bought a yoga for people with back injuries video, but I''m not coordinated enough!! Plus, my balance is lousy.

I just can''t say enough how glad I am that it''s the weekend after a long, crappy week at work. 2 years ago I was promoted to be manager of a newly formed department, and it took over one year to fill my old position. I did both jobs for over a year (nobody would accept the job offer for the lousy pay). The person who took my place quit suddenly this week after only 6 months, so I''m back to doing both jobs again. Luckily it looks like the job will be filled within the next few weeks. The problem is that it will be filled with someone from my department, leaving me understaffed. Yikes! I''m tickled to see her promoted because she more than deserves it, but anxious because I''m going to have to quickly learn and do her job until I can get someone hired. I wasn''t able to learn the jobs in my new department because I have been so involved in my old job ever since I was promoted. We''re going to have to train each other on our jobs. I''m pooped!!! I have fallen asleep on the couch every night this week, and I think I have walked Lily every night while I''m half asleep. Last night on the first mile, hubby asked me how many miles we had walked. Hopefully we can recharge this weekend. We plan to do nothing tomorrow except watch football, but we''ll have to head to KY for Sunday dinner with the family since we missed it last week. Have a restful Saturday, everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.We had our astronomy meeting last night so got home late.I am working on laundry and projects around the house right now and will go run errands in awhile.Marty went to play golf in Nebraska at a very nice and quite golf course.We are meeting part of my family in Colorado tonight for supper.Two of my nephews birthdays are next week and Marty’s is while he is gone so this our big birthday celebration.

Ted, sounds like WOW really had you going for awhile.It hasn’t interferred with Marty’s life yet so I guess until it does I won’t be worried.He’s had other games on PS2 and PS3 he played for quite awhile; at least this way I still have the TV.The thing I find funny is the sister that got him started on this refuses to have TV in her house because her kids get obsessed with watching it too much.Her oldest son is in his 20’s, both he and his wife are unemployed and she says “they are so lazy all they want to do is play video games”.Hmm, I wonder where they got that idea?

Tlh, the moon is now in the evening sky but you’ll be seeing it back in the morning sky in about 3 weeks.Regulus means the heart of the lion.Sounds that all is well about the email from your ex but it would be weird to hear like that from someone in the past.A lady I work with is getting a divorce and she connected again with an old crush from high school at her HS reunion.They both had crushes on each other but just never got together.

Somethingshiny, wow that guys that worked with your husband was hooked bad.How exciting for JT to catch his first fish.I don’t blame him though I wouldn’t touch it either.Tee hee.

Rod, LOL at feeling a bit looped after your drink, I plan on feeling that way after a margarita tonight.Good luck with your PSA test.I hope the flu shot helps keep you from getting sick.I never get those things due to my allergies.That is great news you are seeing things pick up at work.I am sure Marty’s boss will give him the whatfor before I would if it started interfering with his work.He was eating supper in front of the PC and playing WOW and I mentioned to him I liked him eating with me (we only eat in the living room in front of the TV anyway) and he eats with me now so unless I start feeling slighted I won’t be worried.

Deegee, I am with you – woo hoo for the weekend.I am scanning photos now for my digital frame and am enjoying the old photos.LOL at your polka dot legs.It seems the mosquitos like one leg better than the other on me too.Strange.As for being cold that only started after I started taking aspirin for arthritis.I used to be pretty warm running around in winter with my coat open, etc.They had me on anti-inflammatories at first and they made me pretty sick until they finally broke me out in a rash from head to toe.I swear I was almost crazy I itched so bad.So against the doctor’s wishes I started taking aspirin.I didn’t think my knees were going to work for weeks they seems so stiff and sore but it helps enough I can handle it without the side effects.However, since aspirin thins your blood that is when I started noticing I was cold all the time.I also tend to bruise easy now but I also wonder if aspirin wasn’t the reason I never had a heart attack when I weighed over 300 pounds.Sounds like we are having some fun times at work.Sorry to hear you are having to do the jobs of several people.The only thing I like about being that busy is the days just fly by.

I am almost to the bottom of my stack of photos.I found a very goofy one of my nephew to take with me tonight.He’ll be so pleased.

Have a great Saturday.
35.gif

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a really nice Saturday. It was a pretty morning, warm but not too hot and it was breezy, so it was nice sitting on the terrace having our coffee, scone and fresh bowl of fruit. We went back to the greek restaurant for lunch and I had a cup of soup and 1/2 a greek pork sandwich called a Mojo. It was so good and just what I needed before a very strong workout. I did have a really good workout this afternoon, but I''m not sure why. Charlie and I both got flu shots yesterday and this year''s does must be stronger than in previous years as we''ve both felt a little weak and where they gave the shot is very tender. I usually feel it in my arm, but this time it''s actually sore. Other people I know who have had the shot have commented they were tired and very sore in the arm. Anyway, I decided to push past it all and worked my butt off. I even did the most time on the elliptical I''ve done in several months and maintained a speed of about 9 MPH with bursts to 10 MPH throughout. Woo Hoo. And there''s no leg pain. Another Woo Hoo. We wound up going to a restaurant on the water, which we really enjoy and I had some barbecued chicken wings and steamed shrimp (two appetizers) as my dinner. We stopped off at a different Sbucks on the way home and had a cup of coffee. No special plans for tomorrow. Charlie has to work, and I''m just going to have a relaxing day. I''m hoping to find some steamed crabs for dinner.

deegee, I was a music major in college and was principal clarinet in the orchestra. We often traveled from Morgantown to Charleston to perform in the Capital City. I can see what you mean about the terrain making you feel closed in. The hills are beautiful, but sometimes it''s nice to see open spaces. I''m with you about being glad it''s wthe weekend. Our weeks are often stressful. And we Americans, don''t take enough time off. We have an office in Germany and it seems they''re always sending out an email letting us know they''ll be closed for some holiday. They have way more holidays and take way more vacation than we do. I hope you recharge well this weekend.

Marcy, it doesn''t take much for me to feel a bit looped. I''ve never been a big drinker, even when I was younger and the older I get, the less tolerance (and even interest) I have for alcohol. Of course I do enjoy my Sapporo with Sushi, but that''s about it. I''m sorry you can''t have a flu shot. Can''t you take the inhaled version?

Have a great Sunday everyone.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. Our dinner with the family went well. It ended up just being 7 of us but we had fun. We all bought our own dinner (my sister always reaches for the bill so I told the waitress up front separate checks) and Marty and I bought everyone some wine. I brought home most of my steak so I have leftovers and had a few bites of peanut butter pie. They give you such a huge piece we split with 3 ways and still left some of it setting there.

I graded papers already tonight and will hopefully have a good night’s sleep for a change. Tomorrow we are going to breakfast then I need to go buy food for the week and brew up supper for us. I like to make something on Sunday so we get a few lunches out of the leftovers. I have a sweet sour BBQ sauce you make from scratch I think I might make tomorrow with homemade scalloped potatoes. I use skim milk, less butter and 2% cheese so they aren’t too bad for me.

Another thing I want to do tomorrow is go walk around the lake at the park. I wanted to do that this summer and we never did it so I put Marty on notice tomorrow is our last chance to do it this summer. I guess we could have a freeze here Monday night.

Rod, sorry to hear the flu shot might be making you and Charlie a bit tired. I am delighted to hear you not only pushed on at the gym but your leg didn’t hurt. I am a very inexpensive drunk too but I used to put it away in college and post college days. Now, not so much. My allergy doctor actually recommended I just avoid things like that since I have so many allergies (including food) that it’s best if I quit while I am ahead.

I hope you dream and giant diamonds, sapphires and spinels. Oh my!

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy! I hope you had a nice dinner tonight with your family, and that you didn''t get too loopy! My dr prescribed 3 different arthritis medicines, and none of them worked for one reason or the other. Now I''m supposed to take 4 or 5 ibuprofen every 6 hours when I''m having a flare up, along with pain medicine. That doesn''t work too well because my pain medicine knocks me out and I also can''t remember to take the ibuprofen every 6 hours. I have learned to live with a certain level of pain, and losing weight has helped so much!!! I have been moving pictures from our network onto my new laptop, and I''ve been taking trips down memory lane all day. I get so lost in pictures!

Rod - I have been to Morgantown a couple of times for WVU games, but haven''t hung around for long. We were through there a few weeks ago on our way to my friend''s lake house in Deep Creek, MD. I know of only one place here to get a Sapporo, and we haven''t been there since everyone I was with (all 7 of us) got sick after dinner! Unfortunately, I do like a good beer with dinner. I have cut waaayyy back since I have been on WW, and only drink a beer with dinner one or two nights a week, and I make myself drink no more than one. Of course, sometimes I treat myself to a 22oz draft if I''ve been really good all week!! I have never had a flu shot, but I''m thinking of getting one this year. I got the flu pretty bad last year and was in bed for days.

This was the biggest do-nothing Saturday I have had in a long time! Matt let me sleep really late, and brought me food in bed at 1pm. He even measured everything out and calculated the points. What a guy! We watched football all day and then went to our favorite pizza place for dinner. It takes a while to get there and the place has no ambiance whatsoever, but the pizza is really tasty. I got a big side salad so that I wouldn''t eat too much pizza. We had intended to go grocery shopping because we won''t have time to tomorrow (we know how to live it up on a Saturday night!), but we were still in lazy mode and didn''t feel like walking around the store. I guess we''ll squeeze it in tomorrow. Have a great Sunday everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends; I have been walking but have been super snacky lately which isn't good. lol I am going to write everything down so I can see where I get snacky or what is causing it; I think it is the weather that makes me want to hibernate. hehe I probably gained about .5 lb but still a bit under my goal so I am just going to make sure I am more aware of eating, etc.

Today will be my last day of walking with my friend; she and her hubby are moving to England. I will miss our Sunday walks but my cousin and I will still walk together, just not my friend. I am excited for their new adventure in the UK though!

My hubby and I are going to my great Aunt and Uncles 50th wedding anni party today! 50 years is pretty awesome! Happy SUNDAY and thanks for all your sweet words on my new nephew
35.gif

TED, thanks. Oh my gosh I am always the sorest when I do planks or side planks, super killer!!! Thanks for the info on the weights! Yay for teaching health and pe!

ROD, aw, thanks you know how to make a girl feel good! hehe Yay glad it is cooling off out there; woo hooo for an uber good workout!! I hope you have an equally as wonderful morning on the terrace!

LISA, thank you! I only have one sister and no other siblings so I get uber excited when I get a new little nephew; my SIL has two boys but I hardly ever see them. I will get to see them next month in FL. hehe I am so glad you and your sister are so close, awww! Your pork tenderloin sounds yummy!! Men! hehe

MARCY, yay for your astronomy outing! thanks! Wow, how far away is Nebraska from you! yay for a bday celebration for your nephews.

TLH, wooohooo super woman for your runs. Oh no, hope your calf feels better soon!

SS, awww, JT is fishing, how cute is that; he is adorable!!!! Aw, thanks about my nephew. You are awesome on your hikes; I remember those cool pictures of the waterfalls and you and JT. Sorry about the shoes. I love Dr. Seuss too!

DEEGEE, oh no, I am so sorry you are back to doing two jobs. Glad they found a replacement, sending quick study vibes on the jobs for both of you! aw, that is so cute you have lots of nieces and nephews!!! I bet they adore you!!! Yay for all your awesome walks! YAY for doing nothing Sats!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I didn’t get too loopy last night. I only had one margarita and we had a little wine with our dinner. It was fun though. I am glad the ibuprofen can help with your pain; that is what I take when I am really bad. Most meds make me sick, dopey or knock me out. I am like you in that I just got used to being in pain. I admit I sure had a pity party about it for awhile when I first started having knee trouble. Mine isn’t horrid most of the time but I sure know it’s there. Losing the weight made a dramatic difference for me too. I am delighted to hear it helped you as well. I would say it went from constant pain to a constant ache with occasional bad days. I had endometrioses BAD and when they finally operated on me they said something about why didn’t you come in when your abdomen hurt and I said – it wasn’t as bad as knee pain so I just ignored it. They found that strange but it was true. I am glad you are enjoying a trip down memory lane with your photos.

Skippy, is your cute nephew home yet? Rats for being snacky, I am always worse on the weekend than during the week. Good idea to write it down and see what may be triggering that desire. I am sorry to hear your friend is moving but how fun for them to move to a new country. Congratulations to your great aunt and uncle for celebrating 50 years of marriage. We are only about 40 miles from the Nebraska border and the town where Marty went is only about 5 to 10 miles past the border.

I made homemade sweet sour BBQ ribs with homemade scalloped potatoes today. They were quite tasty and we have 2 lunches leftover from them.

I updated my power point presentations for class tomorrow night and reviewed my notes. I will probably get a lot of papers to grade late tonight because only about ½ of this week’s labs have been turned in so far.

Tomorrow we are expecting weather in the 40’s with possible snow showers late. Fall is here!
Take care.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......It was a quiet, nice day. We had breakfast on the terrace. It was warmer today than yesterday, but not too hot. Charlie went to work at 2:00 and won''t be home until midnight. I didn''t really do much of anything the rest of the day. I had some steamed crabs with old bay seasoning for dinner and a fresh peach for dessert. We''ll do sushi after work tomorrow. It''s going to only be a 4 day work week for me. We''re flying to Maryland this coming Friday to spend a long weekend with my parents. We''ll eat lot''s of Maryland crabs!! And we''ll have 4 whole days away, which will be really good. We haven''t had a break together in a long time.

I''m glad dinner with the family went well Marcy. How nice of you to treat everyone to wine!! Maybe it''s the working out (at least I hope it is), but when I got up this morning, there was no soreness in my or Charlie''s arm and we felt like ourselves. We''ve talked to other people who were still feeling it several days later, so since we just had the shots on Friday afternoon, it''s good we only really felt a little off for a day. Since you can''t have the vaccine, I hope you take care to wash hands often, and NEVER touch your eyes or nose. It''s so easy to catch the flu...........The ribs and scalloped potatoes sounds so good......yummmm!

deegee, I''m a big fan of getting the flu shot. Most healthy people can easily get over the flu, but why even take a chance, when a simple shot can pretty much protect you. I hope you do get one. Like youself, I''m a one beer guy and pretty much only with sushi, so for me, it''s no more than 2 a week. I haven''t been to Morgantown in a lifetime. I''m sure it''s grown much since I graduated.

I''m sorry you walk buddy is moving to Endland Skippy. Maybe you can connect her with Lorelei?? .5 lbs is nothing and maybe you''re right that the changing season is what may be hehing your snacking. I think we''re hard wired to gain weight for the colder weather......something that doesn''t really happen when you live in perpetual summer.........LOL

I hope everyone had a good weekend and the upcoming week is good...........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results