shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 14th Dec till 20th Dec

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week all,

The Holidays are almost here now and the festivities are beginning. This means lots of parties and functions to go to where temptation will abound. I deal with this by tucking in and enjoying myself but I am particular on what I will spend my calories on, in other words I will have what I really enjoy and try to make each calorie count! I try not to eat the things I am not so fond of just because they are there, but really make the most of the things I like. I work hard all year so during this time I do like to indulge a bit but I try to compensate by working out a bit harder too and being as active as I can. Days where nothing is going on for festivities then I try to take things a bit easier foodwise. It all balances out in the end but having some sort of plan or coping strategy can be really helpful in order to still feel in control. Also before a party make sure you aren''t too hungry to avoid overdoing it, if you are starving it is so easy to overdo it and eat a lot of calories in just a few bites, particularly with buffet style catering. With drinks, remember the calories can add up quickly there too so low calorie mixers are useful.

Have a happy safe and joyous start to the Holiday season and I hope some of the thoughts above help!
35.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Great advice lorelei - and wonderful opener yet again! I''d have to agree that even the bevvies can bring a high caloric burden this time of year - so great idea w/ the low cal mixers! I am currently quite fond of mimosas, and really have to try to watch how many - as oj is a pretty high calorie- mixer!
9.gif

Everyone HAPPY MONDAY! This weekend''s run was a blast! My husband and I took it pretty easy, and just kept on our smiles! This morning we went for our run, and enjoyed the lights, as it seems more pop up every weekend! Last night he made me a delicious stir fry dinner, and we relaxed and enjoyed our weekend. Hope everyone has a nice week!

Miracle on 34th Street (1947) :
Fred Gailey "Look Doris, someday you''re going to find that your way of facing this realistic world just doesn''t work. And when you do, don''t overlook those lovely intangibles. You''ll discover those are the only things that are worthwhile."

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday guys!

I try to do the same Lorelei, and I really try to take my time to enjoy them. I eat slowly, savor each morsel. It''s also proven in studies that this will help you get full faster. Last night I made cinnamon cookies, and yes... I had one... they were large so one was plenty. Finding some beneficial ingredient in my mixture always makes me feel better too. Cinnamon is proven to aid in burning fat
27.gif
and dark chocolate is good for the heart
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
. LOL
I''m officially starting training for a half marathon... tips... advice on getting myself past the 3.5 mile mark without dying would be appreciated. I''m making a doctor''s appointment to discuss things with him on what I can do to help myself, and also to find out why why why why the cramps. Wish me luck!!!! I did get in a couple of work outs, and spent ALL DAY yesterday walking around Christmas shopping. Tired much? yes.
24.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, last week my back decided to go out on me
14.gif
so I have been going to the chiropractor, icing and short walks. I am getting better though little by little. I am planning on really working on my core once I get back to normal but right now baby steps. I got a little lazy this fall and didn''t do planks and my lower back weaked and I think picking up heavy things did me in. Oh well it is a good reminder to me to not let things go in the muscle strengthening dept.

Wed is my Birthday so I am going to induldge in some cheese fondue;
9.gif
31.gif
2.gif
I have been trying to be good so I can enjoy Wed and I am looking forward to it. hehe Wishing everyone a great week!

DEEGEE, I saw the note about your hip; I am so sorry.
8.gif
Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery.

MARCY, I am sorry about your parents and prayers outgoing.

ROD, Hi dear friend.

LORELEI, excellent opener!!! YAY!

DRAGON, woohoo on the workouts! YUM to cookies and kudos on going for a half marathon!

TLH, yay for your awesome inspiring runs friend!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
df - mmm cinn cookies! yummy! my only advice would be to increase mileage by no more than 10% a week for your total weekly mileage, and your long run no more than 10%. This should keep you from injuring yourself. Good luck!

skippy- oh no! I hopeyou feel better soon. Back trouble is nothing to sneeze at! back healing dust! *** and I hope you enjoy your birthday cheese!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Skippy - I''m sorry about your back hon, take your time and be easy on yourself! You might try a nice soak in some epsom salts... it will ease your muscles.

TLH - thanks for the advice!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!I took a late lunch and got our Christmas tree.It’s a 32” fiber optic and sets on an end table.Marty said he could easily move around the furniture and put up our big tree but I said that is okay; the little tree is fine.I am having a hard time getting it spread out but I am sure it will get better.

Lorelei, thanks for the great ideas and tips to deal with the many food temptations we have coming our way during the holidays.

Tlh, I love mimosa’s too but just have little ones.I like to make them for breakfast on the weekends.Glad your run went well this weekend.

Dragonfly, good luck training for your half marathon.I hope the doctor can help you with the cramps.

Skippy, Happy Birthday!

bdayparty.gif
I hope your back gets better.
1094232nk7m1yvh5r.gif

Laters!

35.gif

Marcy

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
OY! I feel like I''ll never catch up again!

I had put my swiss ball away thinking I''d do some different workouts, but I had DH blow it back up today. I''m not supposed to do crunches and stuff but I figure the ball gives so much support and you can modify so easily, I''ll do a few more while I can. I''m concerned with getting my core muscles REALLY strong for this pregnancy. JT was so big that my back and hips hurt all the time (He threw my hips out and I had to have physical therapy). I think if I''d been in better shape I wouldn''t have had such a severe issue.

I wanted ice cream. I bought the blueberry pomegranate so I wouldn''t feel so badly about it.
20.gif
I haven''t actually eaten any yet but having it in the freezer makes me happy.

Lorelei~ Perfect opener for this time of year. I bake dozens and dozens of cookies and usually would have started by now, but I''ve decided to wait until this coming weekend to begin. It''ll be a lot of work in a short amount of time but it''ll be a whole lot easier on me to not have dozens of cookies in the house for a month!

tlh~ Congrats on your great run!

dragonfly~ Tip for getting past 3.5 miles. Raise your right hand in the air and wave while yelling "taxi!" lol. Good luck, I admire that you''re training so diligently!!

Skippy~ I''m so sorry about your back. What lousy timing!! Just in case I don''t stop back by, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Marcy~ Yay for getting your little tree! It sounds like what I put in JT''s room. It''s really cute and very fun with the colored fiber optic. I had to turn it over and shake the heck out of it to get the branches loosened up.

Hey, Rod. I know you''ll be here later. Hope you had a good day!

Have a great tomorrow everyone!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It was a tough Monday. The end. At least sushi tonight was good. I'm not doing the gym tomorrow night because we've got plans. I'll go Wednesday night, then I won't be able to go again until Saturday. It bothers me that this will be a reduced gym week. I'm sure missing a workout won't kill me, but it still bother's me.

Thanks for the weekly opener Lorelei. I'm looking forward to my one piece of choclate cake for the year on Christmas. Otherwsie, I've gotten good at stying on track throughout the holidays, with only very small indulgences. Great advice as usual dear friend.

Oh my Skippy. I asked where you were last week. I'm so sorry you hurt your back. And yes, you need to start doing planks again my dear. You know how much I believe in having a strong core. I'm glad you're feeling better. Hugs to you sweet friend and for all the fairy dust you sent me during my back troubles, I'm sending truck-loads to you.

I'm glad you and your hubby had a fun time at the race tlh!! You guys really are running machines. Your metabolic rate must be super high!!

Yummmm to cinnamon cookies dragon. Dark chocolate is good for your heart for sure. I try to have a couple squares of at least 70% dark chocolate every day. Wow, a half marathon. Good for you while I can't offer any advice, I'm sure you'll do great!!

I'm sure your new tree is pretty Marcy!! Yes, you and Marty are really good with gifts. Charlie and I used to much the same things when we used to have money ($$$).

OK.......I hope your Monday was good. I'll check in tomorrow night........

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Lorelei - You are so right about the buffet style catering, and it seems like there are no healthy options on those menus! I tend to do okay with food, but I drink too much at parties and those mixed drinks are bad!!

Skippy - I'm so sorry to hear about your back. I have great faith in my chiropractor - he keeps me moving instead of just giving me pain medicine like the back dr does. He also does physical therapy and stretches, which I think helps so much. Feel better! Happy Birthday!!!

tlh - Glad your run went well. That's so great that you and your hubby share the same interest in running! There's not even any snuggling going on in this household right now. Hubby is still having major pain in the ribs and my leg feels like it's going to fall off my body at any second. We're afraid to even hug each other!

dragonfly - Good luck with your training, and I hope you figure out what's causing the cramps. I was taking diuretic to help with swelling, and discovered that it is causing a calcium deficiency which is in turn causing the soles of my feet to cramp. Swelling or foot cramps? Geez!

Marcy - Glad you got your tree! We went very minimal with decorations this year. Neither of us feels too much like fooling with it right now. We did put up a real tree, but that's pretty much it for the inside. How are your mom & dad doing?

Shiny - I have a friend who had been going to a gym and working with a personal trainer, and found out she was pregnant with her 2nd child and totally gave up. She's due next week, and was telling me Saturday at dinner that she was sorry she quit. I hope you're doing well!

Hi Rod!

Matt, Lily & I took a very slow 2-mile walk tonight for the first time in a week and a half. I needed to go for physical therapy today but ran out of time - hopefully tomorrow! We're heading out of town this weekend for a concert, so we both have to feel better ASAP. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy! So sorry to hear about your back
7.gif
I know you will get those core muscles back in no time. You always were the queen of Muscle Hour, remember? I''m wishing you an early Happy Birthday!! Enjoy the fondue (yum, I''m a total sucker for swiss fondue). You''ve really deserved the treat.

tlh, run run run!

speaking of running, I got news last week (I thought I posted this, but it looks like I didn''t post at all last week!) from my orthopedic surgeon that my meniscus is definitely torn and there''s some kind of inflammatory cyst wedged in the torn part, which is what keeps giving me knee problems. I was so bummed by the news, especially since I have been so careful about my knee ever since the skiing incident that started all this. I had my ACL repaired in 2003 and thought the procedure was supposed to fix everything. Well, it didn''t. I had a very very minor tear in the meniscus from that ski incident but the surgeon said it was so small that it may heal on its own. Unfortunately it did not! It has only gotten worse. Waaaaaaaah! Boohoooooo
39.gif
!!!! So any kind of activity, running, dancing, swimming, wearing high heels will ignite the pain and swelling. THIS SUCKS! He said I will most likely need surgery again. I was like, no no no no no no no noooo!!! It''s not that I''m afraid of the surgery itself, it''s more that I hate the rehab that comes after surgery. I hate being slowed down. And the worst part is, what if the 2nd surgery is not the last surgery? So many what if''s running through my head. I shouldn''t really torture myself (and those around me) with all the whining, esp since there may be a tiny chance he''ll tell me I don''t need surgery. I see him tomorrow.

Anyway, I''ve been sticking to the elliptical. I''ve also been trying to stick to the Eat to Live book, but I seem to be GAINING weight instead of losing. Hmmmm... I''ve been eating so well! What''s going on?

Gotta run to a meeting. I''ll be back to respond to everyone else soon!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Marcy- ooo I love those fiber optic trees! That is pretty awesome! OO I''d love to have mimosas more often!!!
36.gif

Shiny- I hope that the ball helps! JT threw your hips out! That is a powerful little man! I hope this pregnancy goes a bit smoother - and less painful!

Rod- I am a workout perfectionist too. But as long as missing workouts isn''t routine, it is good for your body. My motto is (when I miss a run on a scheduled run day) sometimes even when you feel good, you gotta skip it - so that you dont end up on the disabled list... as it can be easy to overdo things. I use it for running, but I''m sure it applies everywhere!
2.gif

deegee- Ha! My husband would laugh at that. HE HATES running. But i am selfish, and make him do it - and he likes it when I''m not crabby. I;m sorry that the snuggles department is limited w/ you and your hubbies pain! I bet he wants to put his paws all over the sexy tiny you too! ***quick healing dust!*** Have fun at the concert, and I''m glad the two of you are able to move around, no matter the speed, and I bet lily is pretty pleasedl too!

CJ- OH NO! That is horrible news! I can see how that can be devastating. But it isn''t the end. ***DUST SURGERY WON''T BE NEEDED**** One of the girls in Vegas ran the marathon and missed qualifying for the Boston Marathon by about 6 minutes. Yeah, her knee started to give her some trouble around mile 20 - and she got off pace... BUT. She had comepletely torn her ACL 2 years ago. She had surgery last September, healed up, and is now back to running again. Because of the marathon flair up- she''ll be doing some more PT etc - but it isn''t the end of the road, my friend. I''m sorry you may have to have a surgery or possibly two, but it is never the end. Look at it as a time to heal the outside and discover something new about yourself on the inside. As for the eating to live - I don''t have any advice- but can sympathise. Sometimes the rewards aren''t always visible in terms of pounds lost... but they are there, on the inside - fueling your body and sustaining your life. ((HUGS!))

Good morning everyone! All is well here. Last night my husband made us taco lettuce bowls. They were good. Tonight we''ll be making a turkey lasagna and I''m pretty excited about that too! It is fun to cook w/ my hubs - on dishes we can assemble together. I got news that my friend (who''s fiancee returned the ring) is going to teach conversational english in South Korea. It is pretty exciting, as he''s a small town boy, and really never ventured outside of his shell much. So being in a small town and seeing his ex around every corner- really just gave him the spark to try something new... and spread his wings. He leaves in Febuary, and I couldn''t be more happy for him!

"Frosty: Happy birthday! Hey, I said my first words. But... But snowmen can''t talk. Ha ha ha, come on now, what''s the joke? Could I really be alive?" Frosty the Snowman

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone. I got in 2 miles this morning and planning another 2 with a friend tonight. I''m working on getting to the grocery to restock b/c our freezer apparently popped open last night and now we are meatless
39.gif
and frozen fruitless
39.gif
. Needless to say I''m a little upset.

Rod - I envy you for having someone to eat sushi with, SO hates it

Skippy - how ya feeling today?

CJ- I hope you get your back fixed up.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just when I started posting here again about 5 weeks ago (when my baby was about 2 weeks old), I got sidetracked because she wasn''t gaining enough weight and I had to feed her constantly, which stopped me from having time for me.

So I''m back. I''ve been working out (I do The Firm in my basement) for about 2.5 weeks now, and I''ve run here and there, but I hurt my knee so that hasn''t happened for a week. My husband has been really good about offering to come home from work so I can run during daylight hours.

I''m really not losing much weight still, but about two weeks ago my (borrowed, much bigger) pants starting getting looser, and today I put on a belt that I couldn''t get on last week. So there is some progress, and I''m clinging to that!

I gained 48 pounds with the pregnancy and am up about 25 now. I''d really like to lose 15 pounds; I''ll accept that the last 10 might stay on until I stop breastfeeding. And honestly, I was pretty thin before with a BMI under 20, so if I never lose the last 10 but can return to my old level of fitness, I think I''ll be ok with that.

I planned ahead and saved all my old clothes from when I wasn''t in shape 3 years ago, so I have all the sizes from 0 to 8, but unfortunately, I seem to be a 10 right now. That was annoying because it''s not like I thought I''d have a baby and be a 0/2 again, but I thought surely something from my past would fit. I borrowed some pants from my sister, though, and once I lose a little weight, I can start my way back down the size ladder.

My goals are:
*lose at least 5 pounds before I return to work in February
*work up to running 3 miles in 30 minutes (I made it 2 before my injury, but oh were they slow, painful miles!) before I return to work
*work up to using my old level of handweights with my Firm DVDs by the new year
*get back in my size 8''s by the new year

I *think* I have chosen reasonable goals. I realize I only have two weeks to accomplish the last two (including a holiday), but I''m pretty close to both of those goals already. The first two will require some work.

Lorelei, you''re right that we can''t deny ourselves all the time. That''s just a recipe for failure.

Dragon, are you walking when you feel like death? That''s always been my problem; I feel like if I start walking, then those miles don''t count. But in the end if I could run 3 miles, walk half a mile, then run another mile, I''ve actually done more exercise than if I try to push through the wall but wind up stopping after 3.5 miles. And are these cramps when you run?

somethingshiny, good job resisting the ice cream and working on your core!

Rod, I hope today treats you better!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am just popping in to say that I am BAD BAD BAD.

I have only worked out once in the past week, and I just ate Chipotle for lunch for the third day in a row.

Someone... help me... ACK!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi friends!!!! I went to Weight Watchers to weigh in for the month and I am a little under my goal weight (this is now 7 months of being at or a little under goal), YAY
9.gif
16.gif
I was a little worried because hubby brought home take out last week but I ate as senseable as I could since I didn't know the calories, etc. Oh some other good news is that hubby had to weigh in for his cholesterol screening and he lost a few lbs and is eating healthier with me; I love that we are both working on eating healthy together. hehe

In a little while I will go for a short walk. Thanks you wonderful HLT friends for the healing back wishes. I am getting better, not over doing it, etc. Oh and thanks for the early bday wishes; you all are just the sweetest!!
face23.gif
hugs to all of you! Hope you all are done holiday shopping be safe out there if you aren't! Happy Tuesday
35.gif

TLH, thanks honey! Yay for your hubby making wonderful healthy meals; woohoo for you awesome couple!!! That is so cool about your friend and kudos for him doing that; I love to hear things about people growing in different ways, how inspiring!!! yay!

DRAGON, thanks sugar. Oh no, I am so sorry about your freezer; what a bummer. Yay for your runs; you go girl, I am proud of you!!!

MARCY, how fun to have a mini christmas tree; I bet it looks great!!! Thank you sugar; love the emoties! hehe

SS, enjoy your ice cream. How are you feeling? oh good for getting your core strong; I am sorry you had back and hip issues. sending you great pregnancy dust; thank you honey!!

ROD, you will make up your missed workout; I know you, you will do uber this weekend. Thanks honey; I will get back to core soon!

DEEGEE, thanks for your sweet words. Aren't chiropractors the best; I think if I didn't see him right away i would be worse off. I hope your hip feels better soon; good thinking on the pt. I am going to see if I can get some pt too. Sending you lots of feel better/healing dust!

CROWN, oh honey I am so sorry about your meniscus; that is awful it didn't heal. Take care and please keep us posted on what the doctor says; sending healing dust and prayers your way. Thank you for your sweet words.

PHX, yay for wearing the belt; you are doing great, woohoo!!! Glad your baby is doing well too.

DEEJAY, hey, good to see you; I am sure you aren't that bad!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
df- good job on your walk so far! sorry about the freezer loss!

phxgirl- your goals sound reasonable, and congrats on shedding the first 23 #'s -- hopefully breastfeeding will help you shed some pounds, and keep your baby healthy too!

DJ- chipolte! That is like my no-no food. BUT that said, seems to be on your no no list too. So don't beat yourself up too much, you are a healthy strong woman, and sometimes the little indulgences make all the hard work worthwhile! (in the long run)

skippy- Congrats at 7 mos being under/at goal! That is just fantastic! You are superwoman... hands over cape....

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I was able to do a full workout without vomiting!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAY!!!

I did 30 min of cardio and about 20-30 min on my ball. It''s like a huge weight has been lifted.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey........What a day.........I have so much work going on. Some good, some not so good. I went in early and was still there at 7 PM. I came home to some nice baked chicken, then went back to work. I''m going to make this somewhat short. I''m going to the gym tomorrow night. Period.

Hey SS.......I don''t know much about having babies, but I would think a stronger core would help you avoid the back issues many women experience during their pregnancy. I had to laugh about you feeling better just knowing you had icecream in the freezer!! "Being able to workout without throwing up.......Pricesless!!"

Hey deegee, a walk is good whether fast or not!!

CJ, I''m so sorry to read about the knee issues. I hope you can avoid surgery. THe elliptical is so good for not being hard on our joints. I''d love to start running again, but am afraid to hurt my L5 disc again, so I guess for me the elliptical will just have to do. Anyway, thoughts are with you........

Thanks tlh. I know missing a workout isn''t really bad and I will likely work harder to compensate. I hate to miss them, because I''ve known so many people who started missing one, then two, then all of the sudden they weren''t in the gym in months and then they tried to workout and it was a disaster and they gave up altogether. I don''t want that to ever happen to me. Yummm to turkey lasagna. That''s great about your friend spreading his wings. For his first flight, he''s really taking a looooong journey. Good for him.

Sorry about the freezer and losing your food dragon. Yay for 2 miles in the morning and another 2 tonight. You go!! I''m sorry SO hates sushi. I am lucky that we both enjoy it so much!

Hey phoenix. It''s good to see you and I''m glad the baby is doing OK and gaining weight. Yay for working out too!!

Hey DeeJay........You always crack me up. Chipotle for the 3rd day in a row.........
31.gif

WOO HOO Skippy for being below your goal weight. You''re going to sail through the holidays without any weight gain!! Please congratulate the hubs on losing some pounds!! I''m so glad you''re feeling better. CORE CORE CORE CORE!!!! You know when I was having the worst sciatic pains, the neurosurgeon commented I would have been in even worse trouble if I hadn''t worked so hard to strengthen my core. Even though it was my lower back, I never had any back pain. Just stabbing radiating misery down my leg..........Hugs sweetie!

OK.....It''s 11 and I need to shut down to get ready for bed. I''ll have to do a quick flyby tomorrow after my workout.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone.Busy day at work then I made a double batch of candy cane cookies tonight.They turned out BIG so I only got 29 cookies.I think I will make one more batch.I still have to make sour cream sugar cookies then I will be done with cookies for the family Christmas get together.

I got my Christmas cards done and mailed – that was a relief.

Somethingshiny, you might try slow churned ice cream – it’s low fat and comes in many flavors.All right for making it through a workout without getting sick

Rod, you’ll get your chocolate cake before you know it.Sorry you had 2 busy days at work.Mine went about the same.

Deegee, my favorite part of a chiropractor is the awesome heating pad they put on your sore back first.Of course since I am always cold that is probably why I like it.We usually put up lights outside and have the big tree inside.Our tree outside has gotten way too tall to decorate and I guess since we can’t do that anymore I am just not as excited about it was I used to be.I miss my Snoopy ornaments though so next year we’ll get our big tree back out.My dad is doing better and my mom is about the same.Glad you had a nice walk.Have a great time at the concert.

Crownjewel, I am so sorry to hear about your knee; I hope you don’t need surgery.

Tlh, we don’t have mimosas too often but they are a nice treat.How nice to cook meals with your husband.

Dragonfly, I hate to hear about your freezer quitting.Are they able to fix it or do you need a new one?We had ours go bad 3 times, the first time I thought I left the door open so I threw everything out.The second time they said it was the ice maker and replaced all that; it happened again after that so that baby was gone.It was only the freezer part of our refrigerator but it was still a big waste of food.

Phoenixgirl, hope your baby is gaining weight okay now.Take care of your knee and I hope it gets better.Yay for losing 13 pounds.

DeeJay, no worries there is always tomorrow.

Skippy, congratulations on being under goal for 7 months.Woo hoo Skinny Skippy!

I am yawning so I am going to call my mom and maybe (just maybe) try to go to bed a bit early.

Laters,
Marcy

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Shiny- that is just FANTASTIC!
36.gif

Rod- you are a rockin'' machine! I hope that Santa brings you something REALLY nice this year! Baked chicken, charlie does such a nice job taking care of you! At least your eats are in check. So when you hit the gym, just make a really nice circuit. I''ve been thinking about you, and thinking that possibly one or two of those balance disks might be a good thing to hide under your desk at work or by your bed for first thing in the morning. I think they are about $12 at Target, and may be just the ticket for days you can''t hit the gym (or the more expensive bosu). Balance work is often overlooked, but can REALLY hit all the easily missed spots - and might be a great addition. Just a thought!

Marcy- candy cane cookies - mmmm I wish I worked with you! Cuz you know you''ll be bringin'' in some leftovers!
2.gif
Yay for getting the cards out! Hope your mom is having a series of good days. Esp w/ this awful weather up there! BRR.

Everyone HELLO and happy weds! My husband is soo awesome! Today he ran with me and did so the entire way! If I could double click my heels I would! It was a great run, and he doesn''t always run with me, and most of the time when he does, he''ll either keep going when I turn around (due to how long it takes to get ready) or when we hit a turn around point, he''ll sprint ahead so he can make breakfast. But today, I leaned in to give him a kiss goodbye, and he said he''d rather stay with me. I was like YAHOOO!!! It really is the little things! ha! I am pretty sure he just didn''t want to run any further, as it was pretty cold this morning... so it was a WIN WIN! Dinner turned out great, and I got a special surprise in the mail. My MIL mailed me this star pendant from Macy''s (just silver and cz''s) and thought it would be fun for me to wear over the holiday season. I just loved the sentiment, and put it on immediately. I''ve been wearing these snowflake earrings from Kohls and these $1 candy cane earrings from Target, so I was happy to have something else holiday-ey to add to my collection. I used to raid my mom''s collection, (which was full of pieces from my great grandma - homemade pins, etc) and when I moved away, I realized a few years back I didn''t have any pieces of my own. But since it never gets really cold here (unless you are running at 4:30 am) it never really felt like Christmas. So I realized, I needed to start playing the part again, and now that I''m getting my own little pieces, I''m just excited hoping to one day have a daughter who will enjoy wearing them - even though they are just little trinkets... not worth a lot - like I did with my own mother.

Hugs everyone and have a great week!!!

"Clarence: You see George, you''ve really had a wonderful life. Don''t you see what a mistake it would be to just throw it away?" It''s a Wonderful LIfe

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
It''s Humpday HOORAY! Hello all! Last night I didn''t end up running more
7.gif
But am planning a good workout this evening after we shop some, then doing 3 miles tomorrow morning. To clarify, the freezer door had actually popped open, so we are going to look at replacing the liner on it in hopes that this will do the trick. Publix had shrimp AND tilapia on sale last night so I got some, and some hamburger meat to make chili with. I got new frozen fruits and veggies for our freezer and a pizza. It looks less empty now hehe.

Rod - sorry to hear things are up and down, but baked chicken YUM that''s so nice to come home to.

Skippy - Another HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Phoenix - I''m sure you''ll reach all of your goals. As to the cramping, it only happens when I''ve been running. It is again lower left abdomen, and right shoulder, right across the top. I do walk, and also transition down to slow jogs when needed. I''m going to plan to start doing some longer walks in transition with my runs. I''m going to also do longer runs on the weekends, with walks as needed, to build up my stamina and endurance.

DeeGee- I wish our Chipotle were better, I like our Moes more
11.gif

SS - HOORAY FOR YOUR WORKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

marcy - um HELLO you cannot TELL us about cookies without the RECIPE
31.gif
31.gif

TLH - what a good hubby you have, can you make my SO run too? Actually SO is going to run a 5k with me in February!!!!
5.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So last night a friend of mine who lives in my complex called and we were waffling between working out and having dinner so I convinced him we could (imagine this!) DO BOTH. I spent 65 mins on the elliptical, did two hard sets of arms... and then ate two servings of pasta, ice cream, and had two glasses of wine.
20.gif
The only consoliation is that I would have had the pasta, ice cream and wine even if I hadn''t worked out, LOL. Anyway, today I have resolved to be better than I''ve been. Yes, I had pumpkin bread with lite cream cheese with my coffee, but I''m having Progresso chicken soup for lunch (only 200 cals in the whole can) and I will be VERY good at the party I''m going to tonight. Baby steps, right?
3.gif

Hello to everyone--great to be back with you!
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday, Skippy!!!

birthdayss2.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
df- :) have fun running in feb w/ your honey! Hope your fridge fix isnt too $$$ - don''t beat yourself up if you don''t make a run. You''re far more likely to OVERTRAIN than Undertrain.

skippy- Happy birthday (belated)

DJ_ way to convince a friend to work out with you! You are a great friend!

shiny-
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2009 4:14:08 PM
Author: tlh
df- :) have fun running in feb w/ your honey! Hope your fridge fix isnt too $$$ - don''t beat yourself up if you don''t make a run. You''re far more likely to OVERTRAIN than Undertrain.

skippy- Happy birthday (belated)

DJ_ way to convince a friend to work out with you! You are a great friend!

shiny-
35.gif
LOL tlh, I also convinced him we should have both coffe and moose tracks ice cream for dessert. Maybe not such a great friend after all!
18.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hello hello everyone

I''ve been MIA for the past week, sorry.

First I want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKIPPY!!!!!!!!!! I hope your back is feeling better. Yay for being under your goal weight

SS, I''m glad you made it through your workout without troubles. It makes a lot of sense to stick with the core exercises. Can you do planks? That''s not on your back and still works your core. YOu can do them on the ball too. I''ll try to think of some other core stuff that''s not crunches.

DeeJay, Hi!!! You are a good friend for encouraging a work out. That''s okay for a few slip ups, because you always kick it up during the make up. :)

DeeGee, I''m glad the hip is doing better. Bummer about missing PT

Rod, How was the gym today? Sorry work has been such a bear. Glad sushi was nice.

Marcy, Busy busy you, but what else is new!!! What''s candy cane cookies? Your little tree sounds fantastic.

Phoenix, Go you on your goal! Congrats on the baby girl. I think it sounds like you have some realistic goals we''re here to cheer you on.
36.gif

Lore, so right about the holiday season. Food I''m OK with but I''m pretty bad with drinks.

TLH, you and your hubby sound like the cutest couple around! I think it''s awesome you guys run together. Your little trinkets definitely help spread the holiday cheer so Yay!!!

Dragon, Awesome on the workouts and the eats. Hope your freezer is an easy fix

Workouts have been decent. I''m trying to make a more conscious effort to pay attention to my eats. This weekend sis and I are hosting a Gingerbread decorating/hot pot dinner party. It''ll be fun, but we''ve been pretty busy on the evenings. I need to run out to the cutlery store before it closes. Oh yeah, I lost my wallet, so my new DL and ID, SS Card and all my credit cards are gone. WAAAAH I *just* changed my name over that''s why my SS was in my wallet, otherwise I never carry it around. Guess I gotta hit the DMV *AND* SS office AGAIN. ARGH!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
lliang~ I was trying some push-ups on the ball (with the ball lower than my hips so definitely not on my abdomen) but I kept getting dizzy. Tomorrow I will try planks, today I''m too sore!! It''s amazing how just a few weeks off of a routine makes it difficult again! Sorry you lost your wallet! Your gingerbread decorating sounds awesome, have fun!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......It''s almost 11, so this will be really short. Another tough day at work. I thought it would start calming down as we get closer to the holiday, but it''s actually becoming frenetic. I had two difference clients call me and I got 4 exclusive job orders, only they want want to have interviews scheduled by next week. Eeek, people are traveling and the skill sets are tough. I''m guessing these companies have money they didn''t spend and the year''s about to end, so they need to hire now. Nothing like waiting till the last minute! Otherwise, I juts shut down at 5:30 whether my work was finished or not. And I went to the gym and I shut the world off and worked my buns off! Exercise can make you feel so good! I had leftover chicken for dinner and two pieces of Lindt dark chocolate and a fuji apple (yummm).

I can''t write you all individually, but wanted to thank tlh for the good suggestions on days I may have to miss the gym. On days I miss the gym, I make sure I do lot''s of pushups and planks to keep my core good and strong, but I like your suggestions too!

AND I CAN''T MISS WISHING MY DEAR SKIPPY A HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! EXTRA HUGS TO YOU DEAR FRIEND!!

OK......Hello to everyone I missed. I hope your day was good. See you tomorrow night...........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results