shape
carat
color
clarity

Heads roll at VA , DU scandal blamed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is very very sad:

''Bernklau continued, “This malady (from uranium munitions), that thousands of our military have suffered and died from, has finally been identified as the cause of this sickness, eliminating the guessing. The terrible truth is now being revealed.”

He added, “Out of the 580,400 soldiers who served in GW1 (the first Gulf War), of them, 11,000 are now dead! By the year 2000, there were 325,000 on Permanent Medical Disability. This astounding number of ‘Disabled Vets’ means that a decade later, 56% of those soldiers who served have some form of permanent medical problems!” The disability rate for the wars of the last century was 5 percent; it was higher, 10 percent, in Viet Nam.''

http://www.sfbayview.com/012605/headsroll012605.shtml

peace, movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whats interesting is a good friend of mine works with DU all day every day and no one in his unit nor him have got sick from it.
I think the DU is an attempt to sidetrack the issue from the real cause.
Like the experimental vaccines given out to some units.
Those units are the worst hit with medical problems.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you may be very very right, storm.

peace, movie zombie

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also skeptical of the Depleted Uranium cause. There are people who work with enriched uranium all the time that do not develop these kinds of problems (at enrichment levels 20 times DU levels). Uranium is not to my knowledge considered a bodily heavy metal poison (like lead and mercury).

What, might I ask is the exposure mechanism to our troups. Only a few of them got shot with it. The DU slug would have partially vaporized when it impacted enemy vehicles - but, like many other things - the vapor would fairly rapidly condense out (creating a DU Fume) that would not have carried far (just like welding fumes do not carry far).

The biggest complaint I heard from people in the First Gulf War was the horrible air and gunk from the burning oil wells (full of all kinds of hazardous compounds); seconded by the "new" vaciens they were given.

Perry

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
perhaps all three could come into play: DU, vaccines, polluted air.

there is definitely something amiss for these vets, though.

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results