shape
carat
color
clarity

He teased me/Asked my ring size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JennWit2Ns

Rough_Rock
I had recently wrote in another thread that I thought my b/f may ask me to marry him on our afternoon in the City. Well last weekend was our day in the City, but nothing happened. However, at lunch he said he has to take money out of the bank and i asked what for. He laughed and said don''t worry about it. I asked again later and he gave the same answer. When we got home (by train) he teased me on losing his keys. Then he said i better not lose these keys, cause I have this key on the chain. It''s the key to his safe where my diamond is. So those two things got me a lil excited but i let it go.

This passed saturday we went out to a bar and it was so cold out i had to put my claddagh ring that i wear on my ring finger(christmas gift of 2002) on a different finger. I was afraid of it falling off. He then proceeded to ask what size that ring was. I told him and he said "so i should get a 5 then". I told him to stick with the 5.5 cause when its hot its tight and we can always re-size when I have it. After that it was dropped.

Does this sound like a good sign to anyone? I''m not assuming and/or guessing on when/where/how, etc. I left the conversation at the bar and it will not be brought up again. By me anyway.

I know this forum is for "proposal ideas", but I don''t know where else I should write this.

We are together 2 years-3 months.
love.gif

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Well you know his personality, but in general I'd say it's a good sign that at least you're going in the right direction. Some guys make the most jokes when the possibility is the furthest away though and then get quiet about it when the time approaches. For myself I made the most jokes when I was just about to propose. One reason I could do that was because I knew she didn't think I could propose when I did because she thought I was too busy with school. So unless his personality is such that he would make jokes like that with no intention of proposing, I would say it's anywhere between days and months away. I know that doesn't help much, sorry.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I think you're on the fast-track to sainthood! I'd have either gone insane or wrung the truth out of him by now!!!
11.gif

Keep hanging in there, I'm sure that once it happens, you'll be able to look back and think the wait was worth it
2.gif

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
OMG I would die! I think he's purposely trying to drive you crazy, Jen. My bf is doing the same thing.... Making me crazy by waiting. I am so impatient! Hang in there, if you need therapy like me, PM me- LOL.

BTW, bf and I have been together for 2 years, 2 months.... Anniversary date is June 5th, 2002. Must have been something lucky for both of us about 2 years ago!!

Bethany
naughty.gif

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
well girls, I sure ain't waitin' any longer. I'll pop the question 2 weeks from tuesday. We've been together 4 years 4 months!
twirl.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
The anticipation is part of the fun...once it happens, you actually forget all about the waiting. Enjoy the time before all the craziness of planning the wedding begins...I have the feeling you'll be engaged before the end of the summer...kl

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Okay....I'm on the other side of this situation. After months of looking and learning about diamonds I should get the ring from my appraiser by the end of this week. Should I go ahead and propose this weekend or wait another two weeks and do it during our trip to Ireland as I'd originally planned? We've talked about it and she knows I've been looking at rings so it won't be a total surprise.

JennWit2Ns

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so very much for the much need encougement
appl.gif
I've been nuts since we are together 3 months. That's when we first started talking about it. So if I've waited this long, I can hold out a few more weeks (no more than that hopefully)
loopy.gif
. My 29th birthday is in 5 weeks from this coming wednesday. so we shall see.

I caught him looking at one of my rings on my dresser last night when he put his car keys down LOL.

This is how i am feeling now
twirl.gif
. But I know when it happens, it will be worth it.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one going psycho.

Good luck to everyone in there adventure's as well
21.gif

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
Ep6585...why don't you start a new post...you'll probably get a lot more responses. I would propose to her whenever the moment hits you...if that's before Ireland, then do it. If you propose to her now while still at home, she'll be so excited and will have a chance to show her friends and family. If you wait until Ireland, then she'll have to wait until you guys return. By proposing before Ireland, she gets to share the excitement with friends and family now and then have a blast with you in Ireland. Take care and good luck!

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
ep6585 -

Why not do it just before you leave? Asking her if she'll go with you to Ireland as your fiance? With the hustle and bustle of getting ready for a trip, she REALLY wouldn't expect it.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for hijacking this forum.

I'm leaning towards asking her before we leave for Ireland. I won't have to worry about hiding it, losing it, or having it stolen before I give it to her.

shanes_vee99 - nice pictures of the two of you. It's nice to see who you're talking to.

shanes_vee99

Rough_Rock
thanx ep6585! I'd like to encourage more of you to do the same, I'm curious to see your faces as well!
1.gif

Looks like we'll be popping the question around the same time. I don't know about you, but it keeps me up some nights, and I find myself rehearsing in my head over and over what I'll say. I'm looking forward to it so much, but on the other hand, I'll be relieved when it's all over, and we can look back and I can tell him what I've been going through
3.gif

This is the HUGEST secret I've ever kept!! I'm pretty proud of myself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results