shape
carat
color
clarity

He surprised me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations lt! beauuutiful ring! picking that setting is going to be so much fun! best of luck planning the wedding!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Congratulations! Your diamond it gorgeous and I can''t wait to see what you pick out for the setting!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Beautiful diamond (and looks so great in the temp setting!), can''t wait to see what you choose!

RoxEHeart

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! Congrats Ltl!!! It''s a gorgeous stone and I bet you''re excited to go setting shopping! I can''t wait to see what you pick out!!

Wi

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Ltl! Lovely ring, and it looks perfect on your hand!!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Congrats, lady
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
patiently_waiting, mermaid_ kelly, princessplease, and allegator - thank you!

squirrly - yes he found out about the list!!!!! He told me to get off of it
9.gif

crulysue - I was not expecting him to find out about the list. He has now achieved his mission of finding the perfect diamond and surprising me, so I made him promise no more spying, and he agreed.

Bia - That was my reaction when it sunk in

janinegirly - I loved being surprised. I originally wanted a pave setting, but I love the simple solitaire look. I might keep the setting similar, just get it in platinum and change the head so the diamond is more secure

sweetpea&babycorn - thank you - I am looking forward to setting shopping. We got about 24 hours of engagement bliss, we are already being pinned down for date, how many guests we can invite ect.

Snicklefritz - thank you, I will be sure to show the setting off

jjc - Thanks you, everyone at works things it is the real setting, it looks good enough

RoxEheart - thank you

MTG - Thanks!!!! I am sure I will be asking your opinion
2.gif
, I might have to put my colored stone projects on hold this year

LTP - thank you, I love the way it looks on my hand

misskitty - thanks, one more spot has opened up on the list :).

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 10:02:43 PM
Author: Clairitek
Date: 12/20/2009 1:57:01 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

Clairtek - thank you. I looked on the blog! I didn''t see my ring, but I saw a 1.5 ct ring in the exact same setting.

After I posted I went to the blog and saw that. I think the person whose ring that is posted a SMTR thread as well. Whoops!

It''s up there now
9.gif
. My Finance said he would have been P***ed if they put that ring up before he proposed. Leslie was smart to keep it off until she knew I had it.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
awwwwww, congrats.That is super sweet

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love your proposal! It sounds like he was so excited to do it. How lovely
1.gif
And what a gorgeous diamond!

CONGRATULATIONS LTLFIRECRACKER!
36.gif

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
congrats!! super sweet proposal story
5.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yayy!!! Congrats on the engagement!! I love love love your ring! Simple round solitaires are my favorite!

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! It''s awesome you will get to be able to choose your setting.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
crossmyfingers, jessie702, diamondcat, and So Excited - Thank you

Porridge - thanks! He was very excited. He just could not wait any longer to give it to me, I am ok with that
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 7:59:50 PM
It is just starting to dawn on me I have a wedding to plan. OMG - I am about to get overwhelmed very quickly. But I can''t wait to be married to the man of my dreams!!!!!
LOL! Let the planning begin! I actually really enjoyed planning my wedding. It took place 2 weeks after I defended my PhD so it was a busy year, but planning the wedding was a nice distraction from the daily grind. I hope you enjoy it too!

Did you want to jump on him and pummel him when you found out he had it for 2 weeks and didn''t pop the question?
9.gif
I always wonder about this, guys seem to sit on the rings for so long sometimes and I think, their gfs would go mental if they knew!
19.gif
At least I would, but I have no patience at all. My BIL has had the ring from almost 3 months and hasn''t popped the Q and he has been with his gf for 9 years, her a patient LIW for probably the last 5 years. I want to strangle him! LOL!

Congrats, enjoy the glow on engagement, it is really a lovely and wonderful time in your life.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hooray!!! What a stunning diamond! And I love how it looks in the temp setting...I''m sure BGD will do something wonderful for its permanent home!!!

BeanieTwo

Rough_Rock
beautiful and how fun you get to work together to pick out your setting!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 10:13:17 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 12/20/2009 7:59:50 PM

It is just starting to dawn on me I have a wedding to plan. OMG - I am about to get overwhelmed very quickly. But I can't wait to be married to the man of my dreams!!!!!

LOL! Let the planning begin! I actually really enjoyed planning my wedding. It took place 2 weeks after I defended my PhD so it was a busy year, but planning the wedding was a nice distraction from the daily grind. I hope you enjoy it too!

Did you want to jump on him and pummel him when you found out he had it for 2 weeks and didn't pop the question?
9.gif
I always wonder about this, guys seem to sit on the rings for so long sometimes and I think, their gfs would go mental if they knew!
19.gif
At least I would, but I have no patience at all. My BIL has had the ring from almost 3 months and hasn't popped the Q and he has been with his gf for 9 years, her a patient LIW for probably the last 5 years. I want to strangle him! LOL!

Congrats, enjoy the glow on engagement, it is really a lovely and wonderful time in your life.

Yes and no!!!! I wish he would have given it to me sooner because no I am scrambling to figure out what venues I want to tour 1 day before my trip! I think he had the perfect plan. I had passed my specialty boards (found out early in the week), and he was using that as the cover. He told me we were going out to celebrate. That week I lost my voice and than my ear started hurting. Turned out I had an ear infection. Of course the family doc checked the antibiotic dose with me since I am the one who usually treats the ear infections. Well I started the antibiotics and did not get better. I soon discovered he made a typo on the computer (clicked the wrong box on a drop down menu) and I was being under dosed. The older family guy somehow convinced me a shot was a good idea (I figured I must have been feeling pretty bad to agree to that misery). So I come to BF's house with a horse voice, congested, with a cough, and a sore rear. He took one look at me and decided not to do it. We still went to the river walk. I still felt like crap, and I was on call (answering parent calls). There was one kid who was dehydrated, and the ER could not get IV acess, so I was worried about him (I saw him 2 days later, he ended up doing fine). So between my ear infection and the call phone, I was just too preoccupied.

But....he could have done it the week before
20.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
vc10um and Beanie Two - I am looking forward to picking out my own setting. I know that will be fun for me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an ordeal! Yes, probably best that he waited a little while then
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results