shape
carat
color
clarity

he has the ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
he''s had it for over a month.
23.gif
it''s has moved FAR BEYOND AGONY.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
hi ginger,

did you just find out that he has had it for that long?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Bless you heart! I would be climbing the walls. Have you seen it? Is there some special day coming up? *hug*

PS If he doesnt move it along soon we will help you hide the body.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ginger! i was just thinking that your bf HAD to already have your LM creation in his possession!! are you going crazy yet?
1.gif
can''t wait to see it!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Whoa Ginger
6.gif
....sounds like he has a master plan! Hang in there.... hoping for "girl soon".

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Have you snooped around for it?
27.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Hang in there! We''re here for you ginger!! Just don''t pull your hair out or bite off your nails!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck! Hopefully he won''t make you wait any longer than he has to in order to sort out his "evil plan".
2.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger- big breath in , and let in out slowly.......

I TOTALLY know where you are at, since my BF has had the ring in the house for 3 months now.

At about 4-6 weeks, I really had a meltdown, wondering what the hold-up was, and feeling bad because I would read the threads from people who''s boyfriends couldn''t even wait until that evening to propose. COULDN''T EVEN WAIT A FEW HOURS! HAD TO PROPOSE RIGHT AWAY!!!! And my guy was just holding on to the ring, not a care in the world. So, I started stressing that he really didn''t want to propose, that somehow I had rushed the whole thing.

Another couple of weeks, and I have calmed down (helps that I realized my main worry was that delay of proposal meant delay of trying to conceive- me being one month away from 35 already!). I talked to him about the stress of waiting, and my thoughts that he didn''t really want to ask. He told me straight out..."I wouldn''t have spent $xxxxx on a ring if I didn''t want to marry you- I am just waiting for the right time. You couldn''t force me to spend that money just by pressuring me, I had to want to spend it" So, I let him know that our original timeline that we had discussed was no longer viable- we had talked about being engaged for a year, then married for a year before TTC. At my age I am not comfortable waiting 2 whole years to start- so we agreed that no matter when we got married, we would start in July/Aug of 2006. Which is still a year and a half from now, but those extra six month loom large when you are talking a window of fertility that is 5-8 years, as opposed to most people''s 15-20. And I am now MUCH more comfortable with the wait.

Anyway- long boring to everyone story mainly to say, you are not alone- there are others of us out here supporting you. He wouldn''t have bought the ring if he didn''t love you and want to marry you, he will propose....just not on the same timeline as some on here who got it same day or a couple of days later.

3 months and counting on my side, here''s to hoping you are down to days/weeks as opposed to months!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh Ginger, a whole month?!??! I''d probably be certifiably insane by now! Well, I will be joining you in the long agonizing wait soon...BF finished paying for my ring and Michael E. will be shipping it tomorrow! And then....who knows. Grrrrrrrr!

Here''s to hoping he gives it to you GIRL SOON!!!!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
One year and seven days!

I've visited the nut house a few times in the last handful of months and I've lost my cool consequently. However, to question his intentions or his timeline (for me) might only result in him saying, fine I'll do it tomorrow after work and then how good would I feel about it? Even if it were two weeks after my break down, it would make me think it happened just because I caused a stink. Anything I do/say to let him know how I truely feel right now might result in a less than full-hearted proposal just because he's trying to pacify me to some degree.

Patience is a virture (Barf!)

Holding out for that moment when he gives me everything in his heart with the words he chooses to say in a proposal he's fretted over days before he does it? (Hopefully) worth the wait!

Hang in there - we're here with you!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
ginger...is he still hiding it in the trunk of his car?

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
apple-that was very funny.

Ginger...I can not imagine the AGONY! (btw erin you are amazing). He must be planning something very special. Does he realize that you are aware the ring is finished and home? I would have cracked by now!!!!

I can''t wait to see how gorgeous it is!!! Did you peek?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I bet he does have something great planned...I know he likes to surprise you. If you wan''t I''ll take a peek at it for you...oh how I would love to see a Leon masterpiece in real life!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve been away from ps for a while now, just occasionally lurking. partly because my work has been so busy and i''m in two weddings within a month of eachother so its been a flurry of showers and bachelorette stuff. (side note, one of the weddings was two weekends ago and bf caught the garter
23.gif
) and the other reason i was staying away is because i''ve been bummed about the ring.

jenwill - 3 months? i feel your pain! i''m working under a deadline too -- i have to have my wedding before may 2006 because i''ll be strating my residency and won''t have time to breathe let alone plana wedding and i also want to have atl least a month to enjoy being married before the insanity begins and time is ticking away -- already less than a year to plan a wedding that i can''t start planning until i set a date whinch my parents have to give me due to cultural superstitious type reasons which i can''t ask them for until his parents ask my parents for my hand in marraige which we can''t set up the meeting until HE asks ME! whew! and i felt sooo bad eveytime i would read about someone whose bf HAD to propose RIGHTaway too! it made me feel like i wasn''t enought to inspire that y''know? ridiculous, but my thoughts aren''t exactly sane currently. but oh! a baby? how exciting!!

i was starting to panic about the timeline and not wanting to bring up the subject for exactly the same reasons as erin and for fear of "ruining the moment". erin - i feel like such a baby compared to you -- you have extreme grace under tremendous pressure and lesser women (such as I ) would crumble.

finally i started to break down under the pressure and posted hoping for some -- something, i don''t know -- but you ladies are fabolous!!! i felt 300x better as soon as i started reading all of the posts!!

matatora - your post made me giggle -- i may have to call you up on that!!!

apple - nope -- no longer in the car i have no idea where it is
33.gif
. honestly i don''t want/need a surprise. i would love to just wake up tomorrow morning and find it on my finger -- just quiet, him and me, no one else --- buit you''re right, i think he wants to do something more elaborate...grrr!! boys!

lovey - no peeking no snooping!1 i''ve been good!! course he''s too smart to hide the ring in the house with me, that much i know!

y''know, i''ve talked to a few of my friends about this, but NOONE has been able to say anyhting to me that was able to calm me down or make me feel better like you ladies...i truly love ya''ll!!! you keep me sane.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Ginger

Sometimes just posting how I really feel to these ladies helps me to feel I''ve cosmically communicated to him how much it hurts sometimes and that I can go back to him and be calm without having that ''what am I chopped liver'' look on my face for no reason.

Sometimes it''s just good to get it off your chest and be heard. And just for an added bonus these LIW have a way with humor that can brighten any dark cloud.

Always here

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ginger! I thought you weren''t posting anymore because you had already recieved your ring
9.gif
Well from previous posts, it sounds as thought your boyfriend is very, very romantic, so I think it might be taking long because he is planning something huge! Hang in there. We can''t wait to see your beautiful ring.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Hang in there -- and don''t bite your nails off! Enjoy the suspense!!! klr

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm, YEAH, he BETTER do it soon so you have time to plan!!! I''m hoping you''ll have at LEAST a month to enjoy being married before the ridiculousness of residency starts! Do you know where you wanna go???

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Quote: Holding out for that moment when he gives me everything in his heart with the words he chooses to say in a proposal he''s fretted over days before he does it? (Hopefully) worth the wait!

Awww, well said Erin!!! And def. worth the wait. Ginger.. hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results