shape
carat
color
clarity

He Has the RING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I don''t know how I"m going to stand it - I''m 90% sure he picked it up this morning. The setting from Signed Pieces arrived Monday afternoon, we took it to the jeweler to get set yesterday and I''m pretty sure he was the ring in his possession as of this morning! The setting is beautiful - its exactly what I wanted, so delicate, and the top just looks like all diamonds - you can barely see any metal, which is exactly what I was going for (yay for Signed Pieces). So now I have to wait!!

He already said it wouldn''t be tonight, but that I should start carrying his watch, which is his engagement present, around with me on Thursday (tomorrow!!!!). I have a feeling it might be Friday, because he specifically suggested that I "keep the evening free" so that he and I can "have some time together" which he usually doesn''t go out of his way to suggest...On the other hand, my mom said not to expect it "in the next few days." RRGGGHHH
29.gif
!!! I don''t know who to believe!! In the meantime, I guess I will just sit here and twitch and try to (HA!) get some work done. Any suggestions for getting through these last few days/weeks (hopefully)?

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh!!!! You must be so excited!!!
9.gif

I don't know what I would do to pass the time!!! I would start on that "Wedding Workout," I guess? That's just what I would do bc I want to lose a few before I actually get married....

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
ahhhh!!!! how exciting! i hope it happens for you soon! can''t wait to see it!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
ooohhhhh- the suspense must be killing you!!!! can''t wait to hear about the proposal & to see the ring. also, for a change of pace make sure to take a wrist pic of his watch (I love to see men''s watches)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Gets your nails done!!!as soon as you get engaged your hand will be the senter of attention for a bit so you want them to look even better then they normally do. Besides a lovely french just screams for a lovely diamond
31.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Amber! How exciting! I don''t know how you can stand the suspense. Which setting did you choose?

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited for you! I can''t wait to see the hand pics...hopefully he won''t keep you in suspense too much longer.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls - I am torn about the manicure thing, it seems like tempting fate and like as soon as I get it done it won''t be this week it will be next week or the week after or whenever my nails are looking crappy
3.gif
I do have family in town this weekend that bf and I both really like and I was hoping to be able to show them the ring, so hopefully that will happen...

Ally - I decided on a setting from Signed Pieces, which 0.025 ct round diamonds set shared-prong about halfway around the ring in platinum. Its gorgeous - just like a very delicate little bit of sparkle around the front of the ring, and then a simple four-prong head for the diamond, which will be 1.12 ct G Si1. I think its going to be gorgeous but I couldn''t get a sense of it in the store when we took it to get set because the diamond didn''t want to stay in the prongs.

I am hoping so much for soon!!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I''d be going nuts too!

It sounds beautiful! Don''t forget to post pics!!!
10.gif
35.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Its a moment you wish you could freeze in time :) What fun. Enjoy ever second of it.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Ohmygosh, I''m so excited for you ~ can''t wait!!! I''m glad you love the setting!!! Don''t you love just seeing all that sparkly on top??? One of my friends described mine as "pure bling" because you just don''t see any metal w/ the tiny shared prongs. I think it is soooooooooooooooo going to be Friday evening!!!! Can''t wait for pics!!!
36.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
How Exciting! I would be completely useless from that point on! I''d suggest picking up some wedding ****, but that might make the anticipation worse! Good Luck! I''ll have my fingers crossed for Friday!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
This is fantastic news! . You may want to follow JenWill''s advise.....busy, busy, busy! LOL.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You must be dying, just as I am dying to see your ring. It''s coming sooo soon, and I am so excited for you. Hang in there, it won''t be long now!!
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone - the good thoughts help, and hopefully the "soon" message will get to bf...LOL

I have tried to take everyone''s suggestions as much as possible - today I went to the gym and right now I''m getting ready to go to my usual weekly "girls nite" potluck dinner. Keeping busy is never a problem - I always have more work than I can finish, especially since my Winter quarter at grad school is finishing in two weeks, but I find the sitting still and trying to do computer work the worst, which means I have collected tons of data in the lab but probably won''t have it ready to present at the meeting with my lab boss tomorrow morning. Fortunately, he is very cool and knows that I am getting engaged soon and so he''s pretty understanding (especially for a guy!!). I''ve also been trying to pay lots of attention to my kitties since I am normally not home with them enough (she types as one jumps into her lap, making it much more difficult to type...).

Mostly though, I just sit here twitching. I''m considering doing nails on Friday either myself or at a salon. But then of course I''m worried that will make it not happen...

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but this is possibly even worse than waiting to find out about getting into grad school...
3.gif

Keep up the good thoughts and I promise I will post pics ASAP when it happens (I just need to find the digital camera...)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
A little trick for how to do a quick and easy mani at home, get a bottle of white and paint too much for a french do two layers and let them dry in between (takes 6-8 min) then get a q-tip and dip it nail polish remover and make a straight line, cover with light pink polish (I like sweetheart by OPI) and viola! french manicure at home. Its really easy and with a few times of practice they look as good at home as they do at the salon, its great for pedicures too!
9.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora- I''ve never heard about doing a quick french manicure that way. I LOVE it!!! I will definitely have to try it
36.gif

AmberGretchen- WOOHOO!!!!!!! How exciting!!! Your b/f better propose Friday, because there are lots of ladies wanting to see pics ASAP!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Buena - LOL, I will tell him you said so...or maybe I won''t - knowing guys, that will just delay things longer
2.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Too true!
9.gif
Universal stubborness

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I know a girl who does her french manicures that way and they always look awesome. i tried it once and it was not so hot, but i bet if I practiced a couple more times I''d have it down.

Guys - I didn''t know signed pieces made e-ring settings? I thought they only sold them whole! Is there something up on the site like what you got? I''ve seen lots of pics of the eternity shared prong bands, and they''re great. sometimes I love those same kind of e-rings, but sometimes I think the head looks too "stuck on" and not integrated enough with the band. i''d love to see what their version is like in profile

i guess i''ll see soon enough in your pics!!!

can''t wait!

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, I hope the time speeds by for you!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Home french manicures are awesome. My mom used to do them all the time. There are actually kits with white polish, pink polish and maybe they also come with q-tips? I''m not sure. Anywho, your local drug store probably has some in stock. I haven''t tried doing the home manicures since I was in junior high but I remember my left hand looking nice...my right hand was another story.. it was awful! Trying to paint and then "erase" with my left hand was not successful at all!

Still...it''s fun trying! :)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Matatora- i''ve never heard of doing a french manicure like that before either. too cool... i will definitely try it out this weekend (after my cardiovascular physiology exams allllllllll day tomorrow- UGH!).

AmberGretchen- the anticpation must be killing you!!! i seriously hope i don''t know when my bf has the ring, or those will be the longest days of my life! but seriously... enjoy it too! so exciting
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so no ring yesterday - it wasn''t ready (he told me when I looked really agnoized wanting to know if he had it, but then he told me that I wasn''t allowed to ask anymore after that
25.gif

No more mention of Friday, so now I really don''t know
7.gif
, and I''m really stressed out at the lab/school because its totally crunch time right now with everything and I can''t decide if it would be nice to have it on Friday because it would break up the stress, or to wait until the quarter is over and we go away (weekend of the 25th).

On another note - I think its funny how people who aren''t in the LIW position or similar don''t understand the kind of urgency feeling it generates - I had my girls'' night dinner laast night and I was telling them about the whole thing and they were all just telling me to relax, that it would happen at some point, that it wasn''t worth it to worry about when, etc...I think I will try telling them the same thing when they are in that position
11.gif
Seriously though, part of me knows they are right and I should just relax and enjoy the anticipation, but thats not as easy as it sounds
6.gif

Re the manicure at home thing - I am totally hopeless with stuff like that, although bf did get me a really nice nail care kit for X-Mas/Chanukah that has nice clear nail strengthening stuff in it and I swear when I actually make time to use the kit my nails always look really nice afterwards, so maybe I will try to do that tomorrow or over the weekend...

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Hey IceKid...what are you taking cardiac physiology test for???????? I am a cardiac sonographer.....any questions...I would be happy to answer..or ask one of the cardiologists here to get an answer!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
jenwill- i''m a first year med student. you do sonography? cool!!! does that you do echocardiography too? i love those reeeally neat pictures that show the heart pumping! (i''m such a dork
3.gif
) i really like cardio... but i don''t think i want to do an internal medicine residency to get there
14.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Yep- my main focus is echocardiography...and I am a dork too...I love to look at the heart pumping and blood flowing. It is fun to have every patient be a mystery..trying to decipher what I am seeing and solving the question of "What is going on here?"

Good luck on your exams!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results