shape
carat
color
clarity

He died. Age 19.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @whitewave ,to lose a child is devastating. Sending prayers to you and his family.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so tragic and I'm so sorry to hear this.

It makes me angry when people aren't taking this killer seriously and it's impact on so many families. Stories like this put things in perspective - while many of us feel like we are losing out on this period of our lives - it is nothing compared to those losing their lives.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
That is so awful for you, for the family, for everyone who knew this young man.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just heartbreaking!! I’m so terribly sorry for the whole family and everyone who cared about them.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
It's awful when someone dies, but there's something especially sickening about someone dying so young.

A life lived way too short, unable to see past the stress that being in your teens brings and finally have tranquility and perspective as you grow old.

I will be praying for his soul to find peace tonight, and for his family to be able to get through this trying time.
♥️

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear this. That's awful. Hope you and the family have all the support in the world to get through this.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so sad to hear. Only 20 yrs old... :(sad

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear this very sad news, just devastating.

Starfacet Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Trade
What a tragic turn of events. Devastating to the family. My heart goes out to them.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This poor family. How tragic for the young man.

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I am so sad to hear of this tragedy. Prayers upon prayers for you, this young man and his family.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I'm so sorry - I will pray for his family :blackeye:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is truly heartbreaking, I am so sorry for David, his family and friends. So devastating for everyone who loved him. What a tragedy. Sending comfort to you @whitewave. XX

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh! What a devastating blow to his family?
Sometimes life is just not fair...... only 20!
My deepest condolences.......

My 23yo son got it (asymptomatic), was hospitalized for a full month & thanks god he recovered fully. We were dead worrying.....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is your health now, whitewave? I do not want to interrupt this thread, but I do not know if you are updating any other thread about yourself. I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Deb

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
Like everyone else, so sorry to hear this. Condolences to all the people who lifes he touched. Life lost so short, in such a cruel way :(

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m weighing the pros and cons of going to the funeral plus I have to check state mandates. I don’t think it’s a good idea to go. I want to, though.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

I’m weighing the pros and cons of going to the funeral plus I have to check state mandates. I don’t think it’s a good idea to go. I want to, though.

I think he would want others to stay home and take the virus as serious as possible. I know sometimes you're so close with somebody that it'd be near to impossible to miss but for some we're talking about life or death and the stakes are high.

Maybe they could hire someone to stream the funeral services on a private invite-only platform?

& Surely they understand why many won't be attending as coming risks dying from the very thing that killed this poor boy and is the reason for the funeral after all.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he would want others to stay home and take the virus as serious as possible. I know sometimes you're so close with somebody that it'd be near to impossible to miss but for some we're talking about life or death and the stakes are high.

Maybe they could hire someone to stream the funeral services on a private invite-only platform?

& Surely they understand why many won't be attending as coming risks dying from the very thing that killed this poor boy and is the reason for the funeral after all.

Exactly, and his family can likely get it again, so everyone is at risk again.

I can always go visit them after this pandemic is over (if it ever will be).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:(2 I keep thinking about his triplet siblings

Maybe his family will have a memorial service when the pandemic is over
i would imangine a person of 19 is going to have alot of bereaved friends plus his sibblings friends who would like to pay their respects and remember their friend

Just too tragic

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Exactly, and his family can likely get it again, so everyone is at risk again.

I can always go visit them after this pandemic is over (if it ever will be).

I wouldn't feel bad at all for not attending and like I said, I'm sure they understand. It is a respectful thing to do in this case.

I personally would send flowers to the funeral home for the service and hand make a pie or a comfort dish with a kind letter of sympathy and drop it by at their door with masks.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry for your loss. Sending hugs to you and his family.

Stay home and stay safe. Hopefully they can stream it. Getting sick from the same thing that killed him won't do anyone any good.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please stay home. Staying home is, in its own way, a show of respect. You are respecting the awful power that took David's life. Of course you can send flowers and also bake something. That is what we do. But I am sure you have enough life experience to know that the family will need you far more after the first wave of support for them has passed. The loneliness sets in when other people start to get used to your loss...but you never can and never will. Stay healthy so you can be the family's friend in six months.

Hugs,
Deb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please stay home. Staying home is, in its own way, a show of respect. You are respecting the awful power that took David's life. Of course you can send flowers and also bake something. That is what we do. But I am sure you have enough life experience to know that the family will need you far more after the first wave of support for them has passed. The loneliness sets in when other people start to get used to your loss...but you never can and never will. Stay healthy so you can be the family's friend in six months.

Hugs,
Deb

I agree. Stay home @whitewave please. Stay safe.

We had little choice when my mother in law died. So we attended the funeral and wake and burial. And by the grace of all that’s good everyone who attended came away unscathed. But believe me if I could have I would have refused to attend and instead paid my respects in a different way.

People do what they feel is right. You have to do what’s right and smart for you and your loved ones. And that’s to remain healthy.

No need to compound this tragedy with more tragedy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you should pay attention to your health. You thankfully tested negative this time and if there will be lots there you're gonna be rolling the dice. And if you didn't go I'm sure his parents would understand considering!

will there be a camera setup? most of my family members had to keep the numbers to 10 and under. Some places decided to use means to broadcast the services for others that couldn't be there. My 2nd cousin's husbands side of the family had a death and they had services this past weekend. He was 30, which is heart breaking, but they're in California, they kept the actual number of people at the service strictly to immediate family and broadcasted it (which she put on facebook but ....thats a whole other thread....).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results