shape
carat
color
clarity

He did it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I posted a couple of weeks ago asking for ideas of how to encourage my beloved to propose on our fabulous weekend in the Lake District this weekend. Well I am very glad to say he did, and I said a big fat yes!

No ring yet because I totally want to be involved in the choosing, just thought I would share my brilliant news, especially as I can''t tell anyone else yet as we are going to a wedding a couple of weeks and I don''t want to steal their thunder.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! That is FANTASTIC! And you are very kind not to want to steal your friend''s thunder. Have loads of fun picking your ring!

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I had a feeeeling that it may happen on that weekend away! :)

Now comes the fun part...ring shopping!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!! Enjoy choosing the ring!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Have a ton of fun choosing your ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Samantha Red!!!! You'll have such fun finding the ring!!! Was the lake district in England by any chance??

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!

*M*

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
congrats samantha... i''m glad he proposed at the place you wanted.... but give us details... where did he proposed? how? and keep up posted on the ring process. Again congrats

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Awwwww~ Congradulatons!

Have fun choosing the perfect ring and don''t forget to show it to us
emsmile.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Can''t wait to see the ring you choose
36.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 1:41:26 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Congratulations Samantha Red!!!! You''ll have such fun finding the ring!!! Was the lake district in England by any chance??
Hi Kaleigh

Yes that is right, we are English and live in the midlands about 3 hours from the Lakes. We were staying at this hotel http://www.holbeckghyll.com which is just heavenly with amazing views, rooms and exquisite food. We stayed once before and I knew I wanted to be proposed to there.

''It'' happened whilst we were taking a bath together, drinking an amazing bottle of delicious champagne. I was delightfully surprised. We have done nothing but talk about the wedding since, but I am feeling all overwhelmed now I actually have to find a ring!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 2:23:13 PM
Author: Samantha Red

Date: 2/25/2007 1:41:26 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Congratulations Samantha Red!!!! You''ll have such fun finding the ring!!! Was the lake district in England by any chance??
Hi Kaleigh

Yes that is right, we are English and live in the midlands about 3 hours from the Lakes. We were staying at this hotel http://www.holbeckghyll.com which is just heavenly with amazing views, rooms and exquisite food. We stayed once before and I knew I wanted to be proposed to there.

''It'' happened whilst we were taking a bath together, drinking an amazing bottle of delicious champagne. I was delightfully surprised. We have done nothing but talk about the wedding since, but I am feeling all overwhelmed now I actually have to find a ring!
36.gif
Awww, that sounds sooo romantic. Hubby''s family many generations ago hailed from Hawkshead. We went to the lake district to explore his roots. There is still a store in Hawkshead that bears our last name. The lake district is just breath taking. I''d love to go back!!!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!! It sound so romantic and just perfect for you :)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Enjoy the ring choosing, it''s so much fun!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee, told you he would!!

Congratulations!

What are you thinking ring-wise? It''s terrifying once you have to actually decide!

I''m having mine made in the US - gotta love the exchange rate right now...

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the wonderful news!!!
36.gif
Now, time to go ring shopping!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and happy planning!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news
1.gif

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 7:13:30 PM
Author: Pandora II
Hee hee, told you he would!!

Congratulations!

What are you thinking ring-wise? It''s terrifying once you have to actually decide!

I''m having mine made in the US - gotta love the exchange rate right now...
Hi Pandora

You are very wise indeed!

Ring wise I am fluctuating wildly now I actually have to come up with something, I am leaning towards cushion or oval with micropave band, I think. We plan to go and try lots on in shops here in Nottingham this weekend, then narrow down to size of stone I would like. What is yours going to be like, and how do you go on with regard to importing jewellry from the states?

Thanks again

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! You''re going to have so much fun ring-shopping! Keep us posted!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 3:13:50 AM
Author: Samantha Red

Ring wise I am fluctuating wildly now I actually have to come up with something, I am leaning towards cushion or oval with micropave band, I think. We plan to go and try lots on in shops here in Nottingham this weekend, then narrow down to size of stone I would like. What is yours going to be like, and how do you go on with regard to importing jewellry from the states?

Thanks again

I''m getting a cushion cut 1.42ct tsavorite in a channel set split-shank platinum band. Wink found my stone and is going to be making my setting too I hope (waiting for the quote right now). There are lots of details on my procrastinations and lack of decision on it over in the coloured stone forum - or search tsavorite...

I''m over in the US in september, so I''ll have it shipped to an appraiser either in NYC or Chicago and pick it up in person. You can ship, but you''ll probably have to go and look for it at customs.

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!

jharb

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! That''s so romantic!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results