shape
carat
color
clarity

He Did It!

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock

We''re engaged!! :) After having the ring in his possession for almost 5 months C asked me to marry him last Friday. He called me after work and asked me if I wanted to go out to dinner to take advantage of the nice weather. I said "sure!" We went to a town nearby to our house and had dinner at a nice restaurant on the lake. Then we went for a walk and to look in the shops that were there. During our walk we came to this cute little park overlooking the water. We sat on the bench then he became really mushy and telling me how much he loved me. How I am his best friend and how he cannot picture his life without me in it. Then he said I should just "man-up and make it official" I answered him "yes, you should" he said "should I?" and unzipped his pocket. I lost it!! He got down on one knee while I was sitting on the bench and asked me to marry him. I said Yes a Thousand times YES! :) I will never forget it!

The ring is beautiful. The center stone is a modern rectangular brilliant cut 1.01 carats with two round side stones and a bunch of tiny pave diamonds after that and then antique engraving around the back. I love it!! He didn''t have much help from me on picking out the ring ( I couldn''t decide what I wanted!) but he did a great job. And it''s my dream ring because its from him! I feel like I won the lotto!

I found out that he asked my mom for permission when we were home visiting last weekend for Mothers Day and she was super excited and happy for us. This proposal was great but it wasn''t his original plan. He booked us a private ride on a hot air balloon through the mountains for Saturday but we couldn''t go because of the weather so he had to go with plan B which was still awesome. We are planning to go on the hot air balloon ride later this summer. How exciting! He proposed on Friday and ALL of our family and friends came over on Sunday for a previously planned housewarming(and now engagement!) party. Couldn''t have been any more perfect. I am over the moon. I just wanted to share with you all my good news. Now for pics....

I am having a hard time getting good ones, here''s the best I could do.

~Allison

allisonprecious1.JPG

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
Another.

allisonprecious2.jpg

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
Another.

allisonprecious3.jpg

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
Trying to show the antique engraving...

allisonprecious4.jpg

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
A little more info on the ring:

White Gold
1.01 cts
E
VS1
Polish - very good
Symmetry - good
Florescence - Faint blue
The side stones and pave are .41 ctw
Size - 6

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is so beautiful!!!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
yay! Congratulations! Looks like it has been a good few days for the LIW. He did an amzing job on the ring!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! The ring is gorgeous! Oh, and so are your nails!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - the ring and the proposal
30.gif
many congrats
36.gif

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I love the ring. I can''t see the engraving very clearly, but I can tell it''s gorgeous.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! When you wrote, he "unzipped his..." I thought something dirty
31.gif

The ring is beautiful and the proposal story is great. Enjoy :)

Mine is going onto 7 months with the ring, this gives me some hope!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Tigerlilly1!

Your ring looks gorgeous - I love the engraving.
It sounds like your proposal was super-sweet, and a hot air baloon ride later - how exciting!

More handshots please!!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Hahahaha Autumn I was on the same thought track
31.gif

Congrats Tigerlily I think it is an amazing ring and I love the detail to it!!
Cute story too

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
congrats
36.gif

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

36.gif
Allison- so happy for you and C

here''s to many happy years ahead

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!!!!!! Your ring looks great on your finger!!!! He did good!!!! May you two have a long and happy life together!!!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a stunning ring!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is absolutely beautiful! He did a great job!

And I love the hot air balloon ride! I have always wanted to go on one ever since I was a little girl. BF definitely knows this, especially after I told him it would be such a cool place for a proposal...*hint hint*.
9.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Lovely ring!!!!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! The ring is stunning and I love the proposal story. YAY!
36.gif

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
ooo congrats! your proposal story gave me the chills (the good kind!!) beautiful ring! wear it in good health :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a sweet proposal and pretty ring.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! The details on your ring are great!
9.gif

Tigarlily1

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! It''s amazing how different being engaged feels from what I thought it would feel like. Too me, I don''t feel crazy with excitement all the time... I feel more comfortable, validated, and happy. It just feels right!

Mayflower - I love love love hot air balloons and always thought that would be an awesome proposal. I told FI about that dream at the very beginning and sprinkled in hits all through our relationship. My desktop background on my computer is a hot air balloon. Glad he got the hint! :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring. Congrats.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, lady! Love the ring and the story is super sweet (and your nails look awesome, too!).

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous, and your FI sounds like such a sweetheart!
36.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results