shape
carat
color
clarity

He bought the ring!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
H and I had an appointment yesterday at a jeweler we got a referral to from a very close friend of mine. We weren''t intending on buying anything, but we did!!!! I wasn''t allowed to take pictures
14.gif
But I think he will be proposing on his trip up to see me in May! They have to do a little bit of work on it, sizing and changing the head on it.
36.gif

It is very delicate only 2mm, and the shank has marquise shapes with a tiny RB in pave in each little shape. With milgrain around the edges. We ended up getting a diamond which was a shock to me! It is a .41 RB G/SI2 if I remember correctly. But with the band being so tiny, the diamond looks pretty amazing I think! I always worried with my large finger size, nothing would look quite substantial, but the tiny band actually makes my fingers look a little more thin and the diamond pop.

I think I may look for pictures of something similar to post tomorrow or Tuesday when I get home. But I just couldn''t wait any longer to share with you all! We are both so happy and just keep looking at each other with googly eyes saying "I love you" and "I get to marry you"!
37.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That''s so exciting!

OneAngryElf

Rough_Rock
Oooooo so exciting!!! Can''t wait to hear more!!!

Sunset_in_Cali

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Your description of it sounds lovely. Can''t wait to hear your engagement story and see the pics. Won''t be long now!

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
Exciting!!! The waiting would kill me!! Hopefully he won''t wait too long!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh that''s awesome!!! Yay!

It''s too bad they didn''t let you take pictures! Where did you end up buying it from?

I bet you just can''t wait to get that sparkler on your finger!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, that is so sweet! Congrats! I''m expecting a May proposal too
31.gif
Exciting stuff!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Can''t wait to see pics! Congrats!!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Sparkles, the description of the ring sounds lovely, can not wait for hear more about it.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! We purchased from Iowa Diamond. Today is a sad one because we have to leave the hotel and go back to our respective cities/states. Hopefully the next 4 weeks will be short and sweet until he comes up to visit me and meet my family! Can''t wait to go looking for some pictures to post for you all of similar looking rings!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Just a matter of time now. I hope he doesn''t make you wait to long.

YAY!!!! Congrats!!!!
36.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Well it was a very long drive home. So I went to the one ring I already had bookmarked that is similar to the one we got. Maybe tomorrow I will look a bit more, but as all of us are so fluent in what is out there, it isn''t a huge puzzle to figure out with one picture and a description.

MY ring
36.gif
, is similar to this one with the following exceptions. It is only a half eternity, I believe there were 3 marquise shapes on each side of the center stone. The RB in pave is not quite as big as the ones shown here. And I had the generic 4 prong head switched out to be a basket. I cannot wait to see the final piece, and with having the head changed, there will still be a bit of surprise to what the ring is going to look like!

Only 4 weeks until I see H again, and hopefully that ring
31.gif

Oh, and the sales rep told me I should go into the diamond business because I am so knowledgeable. I laughed sooooooo hard!

142PP18.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
This is the closest basket setting I was able to find. The basket is pretty square as I remember it, rather than some that taper from top to bottom.

Eeeeeee, I get more and more anxious every day! He calls Thursday to find out how the work is going!

basket setting WF.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful!! I''m sure the wait will be over before you know it
2.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! How exciting!
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, my dear!!! I''m so glad both of us have found new deserved-happiness.....and I can''t wait to see pictures!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Blue and AG and MP! We called yesterday and they found the "perfect basket" according to the goldsmith! I had a little bit of a to-do because the stone apparently did not have a cert but after some back and forth phone calls and me putting my foot down, things got taken care of on the diamond end of things! H and I were kinda freaking out!

So he has some crazy proposal planned, which requires the ring be done by next Thursday! Which is weird because he isn''t supposed to be coming up to see me for another 2 weeks after that! So I am thinking crazy thoughts about this proposal which also apparently involves several friends of ours!!!!!
23.gif
So now I just sit here and ponder what in heaven''s name he has planned!
27.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
yay sparkles
36.gif
9.gif
that''s so exciting, cant wait to hear your happy news and get lots of pics
30.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 1:46:44 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
Thank you Blue and AG and MP! We called yesterday and they found the ''perfect basket'' according to the goldsmith! I had a little bit of a to-do because the stone apparently did not have a cert but after some back and forth phone calls and me putting my foot down, things got taken care of on the diamond end of things! H and I were kinda freaking out!

So he has some crazy proposal planned, which requires the ring be done by next Thursday! Which is weird because he isn''t supposed to be coming up to see me for another 2 weeks after that! So I am thinking crazy thoughts about this proposal which also apparently involves several friends of ours!!!!!
23.gif
So now I just sit here and ponder what in heaven''s name he has planned!
27.gif

ack crazy proposal - thats even more exciting
36.gif
hopefully it will be before 4 weeks then, and hopefully before two
30.gif

sigh sparkles, now you''re going to have to wait
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results