shape
carat
color
clarity

HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My big screen TV just took a dive and went black. My husband bought it in a previous marriage in 1995. It's a 50" Mistibushi rear projection TV. We're trying to decide if we should fix it --estimate about $400 or get a new set.

I started looking around on the Best Buy website at the HDTV. We really don't need the "flat panel" feature because it would go to the place we have the existing monster TV so one of the rear projection HDTV's could work...although the flat panel ones area really cool.

I was looking at this one which seems to get decent reviews on cnet: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8390537&type=product&id=1179876485825

How will a 50" widescreen compare to a 50" standard screen? I'm assuming the wide screen will seem smaller when watching things that are not in the 16:9 format.

What else should I know about changing to an HDTV? Right now we DishNetwork Satellite service. We mostly watch movies and some TV. Not really into sports or gaming. Is HDTV worth it?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a female perspective and from a gal who isn''t into gaming or sports: definitely upgrade to HDTV and marvel at the fab picture. Do you watch the Discovery channel, or anything else that is HD friendly? If so, you will not be disappointed and you''ll question why you never jumped on the boat in the first place.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 11:37:19 PM
Author: monarch64
From a female perspective and from a gal who isn''t into gaming or sports: definitely upgrade to HDTV and marvel at the fab picture. Do you watch the Discovery channel, or anything else that is HD friendly? If so, you will not be disappointed and you''ll question why you never jumped on the boat in the first place.
Agree...

I don''t watch TV, but when TGuy watches sports, I find myself watching because the picture looks so good...

TravelingGal likes the purdy colors. Ooh ah ah.
41.gif

lxb87

Rough_Rock
You won''t regret going to HD! I never minded my 13" screen from about 1993, but my BF insisted on getting me a 27" LCD/HDTV for my birthday. It''s the greatest thing ever! I''d go for the LCD over flat screen projection simply because some have a glossy coating that looks really beautiful in HD. Plus, a lot of channels come in HD now. Even the news looks better in it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results