shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kiz

Rough_Rock
Im a newbie here and was hoping someone could explain HCA and how i can get HCA rating on the diamond I''m considering?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You should ask the vendor to have a Sarin scan done and get the proportions - especially the crown and pavilion angles.

Today I had talks with 2 labs about providing crown and pavilion angles on their certs, with or without the crown and pavilion % info they already provide.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/18/2003 3:31:56 PM Kiz wrote:

Im a newbie here and was hoping someone could explain HCA and how i can get HCA rating on the diamond I'm considering?

----------------

That Garry dude above is the author/inventor of the HCA. The user inputs the stone's geometry into the HCA and through assessment of optical and perceptive parameteres assigns a numerical "score". The lower the score the better.

To get to the HCA you click on "Cut Advisor" just below the top banner of this page. Unfortunately you need detailed diamond geometry info to put into the HCA and the vast majority of stones don't have that info available. Hence Garry's recommendation regarding a Sarin report.

Keep in mind that Garry is a New Holland crackpot whose degree isn't even from MIT!!
eek.gif

Kiz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. Will try and get angle information tomorrow.
Thanks to both of you...
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results