shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA score and Brilliancescope Analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DND168

Rough_Rock
What are their relationship with one another? Suffice to say that if a stone with HCA of 1.1 score very high++ on all three categories under the BrillianceScope? (white light, color light, and scintilation)?

please help, because this is a VERY VERY important factor to me prior to buying stone.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
practicaly nothing.
A diamond with an hca score of 1.1 could score anywhere from low/low/low to vh/vh/vh.

The hca uses averages and doesnt tell you what is in those averages.
The hca is a rapid rejection tool.
Good hca score its worth a closer look to see what the details are.
Bad hca score move on.
It tells you the AVERAGE of the crown and pavilion angles WORK WELL TOGETHER not that all of the combos on that diamond work well.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/28/2005 12:52:04 PM
Author:DND168
What are their relationship with one another? Suffice to say that if a stone with HCA of 1.1 score very high++ on all three categories under the BrillianceScope? (white light, color light, and scintilation)?

please help, because this is a VERY VERY important factor to me prior to buying stone.
Regarding the various shapes the Bscope corellates most with rounds when viewed under Lightscope. If you are looking at IdealScope images there may appear to be discrepancies but once viewed under LIghtScope it is usually clear why a stone got the results it did on the BrilliancScope. A triple very high isn''t necessarily a stone that may appeal to you. It may or may not as H&A''s come in various flavors.

When it comes to fancy shapes then what strmrdr says is more accurate. With rounds however I''ve never seen an HCA of 1.1 score a low/low/low. I have seen HCA scores of under 1 and up to a 1 score less than desireable results which are usually confirmed via Isee2 analysis as well as the new GIA Cut Grading system (Facetware) which eliminates bad performers of the shallow types.

If you have any further questions regarding the corellation of reflector images with Bscope results feel free ask. I work with these devices daily.

Kind regards,

DND168

Rough_Rock
So HCA score has no affect on the outcome of the Brilliancescope analysis. Got it. As usual, thanks a bunch for the feedback!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/28/2005 3:59:36 PM
Author: DND168
So HCA score has no affect on the outcome of the Brilliancescope analysis. Got it. As usual, thanks a bunch for the feedback!
No sweat. HCA is excellent for determining whether the facets will function as reflectors or non reflectors. HCA scores do not affect Bscope results for the most part as HCA is not taking into account lower half, star and upper half facets and assumes precision optical symmetry (perfect distribution of reds/blacks). Bscope examines light return and intensity from all facets of the actual stone and is a "live" analysis. Both have their place in the grand scheme of things but I wouldn''t rely solely on the results of just one. It''s been reported that focusing solely on the bar graph of Bscope results can drive one insane.
3.gif
hehe

Peace,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results