shape
carat
color
clarity

HCA number ? from a NOVICE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfb

Rough_Rock
looking to upgrade my wife''s 11 year old ering and wedding band - looking for something in the 1.5 - 1.75 range - probably a G or H - VS2/eye clean SI1 - and just trying to get my legs under me with all this - so I like the HCA as a great guide - is there really any discernible visual difference between say a HCA score of 1.3 and 1.8?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Dfb, welcome to the forum.

Please use HCA as a filtering tool. Once you get HCA < 2 use other criteria for your final choice. Diamond can have different character and you can prefer one with 1.8 over 1.3 and vice versa.

dfb

Rough_Rock
thanks so much - that was my take as best I could tell - use it to maybe rule out candidates - but not make a final decision on - I know I will have a lot of ''stupid'' questions along the way - and appreciate the help more than you guys know

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
poke arround
21.gif
you aloso might enjoy videos in Surveying Diamonds in New York.

Unearthed

Shiny_Rock
When I was looking for diamonds I went through and plugged them all into the HCA and tossed any above 2. The rest I cut down based on Color->Clarity->Size in that order. I was left with 2 and just pulled the trigger on one. Many people here would switch clarity and size but to each his own!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 12:23:28 AM
Author: Unearthed
When I was looking for diamonds I went through and plugged them all into the HCA and tossed any above 2. The rest I cut down based on Color->Clarity->Size in that order. I was left with 2 and just pulled the trigger on one. Many people here would switch clarity and size but to each his own!
If you''r shopping locally, I guess it makes sense to make notes, go home and do that. But, for many diamonds for which that sort of data is available on this site, do know the work is already done for you on the look up tables, here, at the search by cut db.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results