shape
carat
color
clarity

Hawaii or Costa Rica?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
So here''s the deal... My FI and I are paying for our own wedding, honeymoon and everything else involved. That''s stressful enough without worrying about where to go for our honeymoon. We also need a new bed, since ours is a piece of crap, a mattress that makes you rather you sleep on the couch instead.
1.gif
I''ve always had my heart set on Hawaii, since I''ve never been, and in CA, it''s not that far away from us. Our problem is this: if we get a new bed (we need a new mattress [cal king] and bed frame [ours is a queen]) we can''t really afford Hawaii for our honeymoon. BUT we have been offered a three bedroom house in Costa Rica right on the beach, completely free and stocked for us and we''d only have to pay airfare and passport stuff. So what would you do? Get the bed and go to Costa Rica, or screw the bed and go to Hawaii?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Go for the bed and Costa Rica! That''s what I''d do, anyway. A bed you''ll have for a long time, plus you can still have a fabulous honeymoon in CR.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''d get the bed and go to Costa Rica! I know what it''s like to sleep in a bed that''s less than ideal. If you''re paying for your entire wedding by yourselves, a honeymoon to Costa Rica where you only pay the airfare is too convenient to pass up! You can plan your trip to Hawaii after the wedding...maybe for an anniversary or a nice getaway. Just my thoughts...I''m not a BIW yet but that''s what I would probably do!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I honeymooned in Costa Rica and LOVED it. There is so much to do there and it''s GORGEOUS!
Perhaps you could go and spend 2 nights elsewhere to see even more of the country?

We stayed in 4 different places over the course of 11 nights in CR. Our wedding gift from my in-laws was the honeymoon, but I know CR can be done on a serious budget. Part of the reason we moved around was so we could have the whole beach/mountains experience. We loved it- we went and saw a volcano, coffee plantation, we snorkeled, hiked in the jungle, etc.
I loved Costa Rica and can''t wait to go back!

cara

Ideal_Rock
Go to Costa Rica! It will be fabulous, and Hawaii will still be there after the wedding expenses are done and paid for. Since you live so close, its an option for a shorter holiday if you shop around - a friend went at the last minute with a super-discount package deal over thanksgiving for 5 days and had a fabulous time. Or just plan on Hawaii for your first anniversary or something.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow, sounds like Costa Rica is a resounding yes!! And as the FI said, Hawaii can always happen another time.
1.gif
And I do really want a new bed. And I KNOW he wants a new bed, too. Thanks guys. It would be selfish to go to Hawaii (where he''s been already, but not Kauai where we were planning) and come back to the world''s crappiest bed. And it''d be nice to celebrate our future matrimony with a nice cushiony mattress!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Another giant Yes for CR!
Living in Ca, you''re bound to have more chances to go to Hawaii in your life... How many times will the chance to go to Costa Rica come up? It sounds so exciting!!
9.gif
35.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tough choice, Amber! But I''d go for Costa Rica.
Mandarine was just there for the Holidays. Maybe she''ll chime in and give you some info on CR.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2007 12:44:53 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Wow, sounds like Costa Rica is a resounding yes!! And as the FI said, Hawaii can always happen another time.
1.gif
And I do really want a new bed. And I KNOW he wants a new bed, too. Thanks guys. It would be selfish to go to Hawaii (where he''s been already, but not Kauai where we were planning) and come back to the world''s crappiest bed. And it''d be nice to celebrate our future matrimony with a nice cushiony mattress!
If he has already been to Hawaii definitely go for CR. I think that going someplace new together is a great way to start off your married life and CR definitely offers adventure. We had such a wonderful trip and loved that it wasn''t way over-developed and that it wasn''t tons and tons of honeymooners. There were other people on their HM''s, but it wasn''t all HMer''s so we did get special treatment at a lot of places.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Amber, I''d say Costa Rica too! Seems like a great deal and too good to pass up!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!! Another vote for CR!

I''ve been there three times, more recently I was there for Christmas. It''s an amazing country, the poeple are wonderful, the food is great and there is something for eveyone!!!...whether you enjoy the outdoors and doing lots of activities (rafting, hiking, tree canopy -just did this, so much fun!-, surfing, etc) or a more relaxing vacation (they have a ton of great resorts that will offer great pampering with amazing views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Just don''t attempt to drive!...the roads are pretty crazy and they don''t really have road names so it''s pretty easy to get lost!.

I like the Pacific side better, but both sides of the country are beautiful (and you could visit both!). They have beatiful beaches, waterfalls, mountains, rainforest and wild life everywhere!!!.

You can always go to Hawaii for an anniversary
2.gif

M~

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the input everyone!! I think I''m going to tell the FI that CR is the place to go. I really appreciate all the help!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for Costa Rica!! I promise, you won''t regret it. It is fantastic. Not that I''m biased ... that is where I got engaged!!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
*typing from my lovely, plush, pillow top king bed* Go to costa rica. Save Hawaii for another trip.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. This bed is sounding better and better!!! And my friend sent me images of Costa Rica, and I''m loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results