shape
carat
color
clarity

Hawaii Hotel help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Hi Fiance and I are getting married in Hawaii and will stay there for honeymoon as well. Ideally we''d like to stay somewhere more quite for the honeymoon, but sincce most of our families and friends who will be there for the wedding are staying in Waikiki, we thought maybe it''s better if we stay closer to them. Now we are thinking of either Hyatt Regency or Outrigger on the beach. Would you recommend either? or do you have another suggestion? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe the W hotel, a small boutique hotel on the edge of Waikiki near Kapiolani park. A little more quiet away from the all the activity of Waikiki, but still within walking distance.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Hilton Hawaiian. I have never been to the others but I am sure they are great. check out www.tripadvisor.com for candid reviews on hotels; I find it very helpful.

Here are my Kauai pics if you are interested in that island.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-was-your-trip-skippy.63700/
Also, from my Kauai, Big Island, and Oahu trip
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/travel-eye-candy-t61276-90.html

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Kissmark -

I know you plan on staying on Oahu...but I really have to recommend that you check out another island. My FI and I are spending a week Kauai for our honeymoon. It is supposed to be romantic and awesome.

Oahu, is nice, but in my opinion, it isn''t much different than say, Miami...not super Hawaiian.

The big island is phenomenal. Really lovely. Volcanoes national park, black sand beaches, amazing scenery. Maui is very beautiful, but I think it''s been built up pretty significantly.

Anyway, when we were on Oahu we stayed the Westin (or maybe it is Hilton? I can''t remember) Waikaloa Village, or something like that. It was nice. We also stayed on the North Shore of Oahu...and didn''t so much love that.

Have you been to Hawaii before?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I very strongly agree with littlelysser on her point about island-hopping. You will not get all that Hawaii has to offer if you stay on Oahu only. Of course, it also depends how much time you have...? I just spent two weeks on the islands with FI, and it was enough time for us to visit Oahu, The Big Island, and Maui--comfortably (we had already been to Kauai, but not The Big Island, otherwise we would have gone back to Kauai for sure!). But that''s a whole other story.

As to your question about hotel recommendations--of the two you posted, I prefer the Outrigger. We ate breakfast there two times (but didn''t stay in the hotel--we did stay at AN outrigger on the Big Island and loved it). The location is phenomenal for Waikiki.

If your budget allows, consider The Royal Hawaiian (I just checked their website, and they''re running $445-775 right now). It''s absolutely to-die-for. I also agree with Skippy''s recommendation for the Hilton Hawaiian--another phenomenal location and hotel!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about checking out the other islands if you can...Oahu is gorgeous but very busy. It''s like spring break. =) We stayed at the Sheraton Moana Surfrider when we were there last year. I absolutely loved it...it was a gorgeous hotel, right on the beach (we had an ocean view room) and right in the middle of everything on Waikiki beach. It''s also one of the oldest hotels in the island. If I go back to Oahu, that''s where I''ll be staying. HTH!

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your responses everyone! FI and I initially wanted to do island hop and visit both Oahu and the big island. But that requires we stay in Hawaii longer and cost is too much for us, so we decided to stay in Oahu only and make the honeymoon shorter. But now I am really reconsidering.....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been to Maui and Oahu and love both islands for different reasons. If Oahu is the destination of choice I''d look into The Moana and The Royal Hawaiian.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is really random, but hopefully it will help you.

I just booked a trip today for the Ko''Olina Marriott on Oahu.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hnlko?ptnr=mv_resorts_olympiatextlink/

I was offered a trip about 4 years ago when this hotel originally opened, and it was just a $198 deposit. I have recently made reservations, and for 6 days/5 nights, our cost is a total of $698, minus my original $198 deposit, including a rental car. It''s obvious this is just a push to get you to come to a 90 minute time-share presentation, but for a significant discount on a week''s vacation, I''ll sit through it happily.

Here is the number for Marriott vacations - I''ve been working with Yolanda.

1-714-708-3471.

Good luck!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren,
That hotel is nice. It is about 20 mins from Waikiki and Honolulu but it has great snorkeling in Lagoon 1. It is very relaxing and their is a Roy's (restaurant) right there! You will like it
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2007 11:10:13 PM
Author: Skippy123
Lauren,
That hotel is nice. It is about 20 mins from Waikiki and Honolulu but it has great snorkeling in Lagoon 1. It is very relaxing and their is a Roy''s (restaurant) right there! You will like it
9.gif
Skippy, that''s fantastic to know! My husband and I don''t want anything really close to any cities, just a place to relax for a week. Maybe we''ll go check out the ''Lost'' sets.
2.gif

Also, I''ll be doing my Trash The Dress pics there.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results