shape
carat
color
clarity

Having diamond set at Jared?

smoothsailing

Rough_Rock
I ordered a diamond from Blue Nile and a platinum solitaire band from Brian Gavin Diamonds. Now I need to find a jeweler to have it set.

From looking around on this site as well as through Google, I came up with two local jewelers. Upon further search, one got some bad reviews and I ruled it out, and the other had about 43 good reviews and just 2 bad ones. However, I've tried to call them multiple times and they never answer. I also still feel wary about using them when I have a Jared Galleria of Jewelry right down the street where the employees have always been great (when I was doing my diamond search locally). I called up the store and they said they would set it for me for $75.

Has anyone had any experience going with a larger retail chain for a setting as opposed to a local shop? Is it a good idea to go with Jared or do you have other suggestions?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had Jared's set 2 stones for me. One was a heart diamond from Kays that I had them put in a semi mount and the other was a tsavorite that I put in a semi mount as well. They did a great job on both of them. Both rings were from them.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jared has set three stones for me. On two the prongs were rough and the third was fine. They have never yet chipped a stone for me which is more then I can say for two local jewelers.

Baldwin Thompson

Rough_Rock
Hey friends.

Thank you for valuable suggestion, if you want to give really a good surprise, I think it would be easy to get it at one place. Usually the problem is with the setting coming loose and dropping the Stone, so then you would have to the places to deal with! It is also easier to insure if it is completed from one place.

Thanks
Baldwin Thompso

Cash For Gold

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results