shape
carat
color
clarity

haven''t been on in a while.... but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ktkakes

Rough_Rock
i just realized im about to hit the 6 month mark.. and im so stressed. i just feel like i have so much to do, not enough money to do it and i feel like i wont get it done

am i the only one feeling this way? does anyone have any ideas about de-stressing?

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 1:03:46 PM
Author:ktkakes
i just realized im about to hit the 6 month mark.. and im so stressed. i just feel like i have so much to do, not enough money to do it and i feel like i wont get it done

am i the only one feeling this way? does anyone have any ideas about de-stressing?

While I am a guy, I can tell you that I have some advice for you. I could tell when my wife was getting WAYYYYYYY to stressed out and worried so I made it a point that we would go out on a date for the night and do something and not talk at all about the wedding. It seemed that every bit of conversation we had was about the wedding. Whenever we would go to the mall we''d look at clothes and talk about the honeymoon. It was just a huge event in our lives that it caused us to stress out. So we went and saw a movie and grabbed something to eat and just walked around and were together. It was an awesome time to just take your mind off the wedding for awhile and hangout together. We did it several times in the months leading up to the wedding and even one day of the week of the wedding.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
firstbase gave you some good advice! regular date nights during the wedding planning kept me sane (that and a montly massage)

GOOD LUCK!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
If I knew how to de-stress, I''d let you know! I''m a month and 9 days away and worrying now about the details and fitting in all my appointments, showers, etc. And, I''m supposed to be packing and moving.

But, as far as money goes -- do you know people personally who could be vendors for you? I mean, do you know someone who could do the photography, the music, help decorate? Someone who would address your invites, or is super handy on the computer and could actually create them? We had offers from musician friends to play for free; our photographer is a family friend who told us she would accept whatever we could pay; and my florist is super cheap because she works with the inn instead of being in a retail business of her own. Do you have any options like those that will help defray the costs?

When in doubt or in debt, keep it simple; affordable elegance is as easy to do as cheap & tacky! Get those flowers in bulk from COSTCO or Sam''s or your local grocery store and put them in simple glass vases from Hobby Lobby. Go to Ross or Marshalls and buy deeply discounted vases/containers for centerpieces, and candles. Wal-Mart and Target have DIY inviations with all the necessary frou-frou.

Do you have a dress? Look at ivory, white, champagne or blush bridesmaid dresses instead of the more expensive bridal gowns. All you have to do is look at Surfgirl to know that''s a good idea. Instead of David''s, go to the more expensive stores and ask to see their BM dresses -- they will be of better quality fabric and construction.

Is there a college or university around? Ask about a string quartet or classical guitarist; a vocal soloist or a pianist.

Need to get beautiful before the wedding? Is there a beauty school nearby to provide a student to do your makeup and hair on the big day?

Sit down and brainstorm with paper and pen in hand. Write down every idea you have, and start asking yourself how you can get it done for less. And above all, remember this is supposed to be FUN!!
2.gif

ktkakes

Rough_Rock
thanks guys thats definaltey some help.. actually firstbase my FH is taking me away overnight for my birthday it will definatley be a much needed time away!
i dont know how all you guys plan a wedding in under a year. and i guess i feel like sometimes im not going to have money for all that i need to pay for.. just feeling slightly overwhelmed i want it to be beautiful you know something everyone will talk about saying" that was a great wedding"

any thoughts on favors? or invitatons at a reasonable price?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 9:14:55 PM
Author: ktkakes
thanks guys thats definaltey some help.. actually firstbase my FH is taking me away overnight for my birthday it will definatley be a much needed time away!
i dont know how all you guys plan a wedding in under a year. and i guess i feel like sometimes im not going to have money for all that i need to pay for.. just feeling slightly overwhelmed i want it to be beautiful you know something everyone will talk about saying'' that was a great wedding''

any thoughts on favors? or invitatons at a reasonable price?
Invitations on line at either American Wedding Album (where I got mine -- 211.35 for invites, thank-you cards, response cards, and their various envelopes, plus tax, plus shipping!) or Rexcraft. And, I''m sure there are many more places besides the two I was perusing for myself.

Created them online myself, and had them in hand a week later. One of the easiest things I''ve done.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I got my invitations at Walmart for super cheap and they look surprisingly nice and classy. Also, my fiancee called a local printing company (kind of like kinkos) and asked how much it would be to have 50 pages printed if we brought our own paper and CD with the invitation wording and layout... they said somewhere around $20!! Maybe you could buy some nice invitations online or at a craftstore and have them professionally printed that way. For favors, I found these silk teabags in a paper pyramid that I may get... they are adorable and come in lots of different flavors. They''re called "Tea Forte" and I''m not sure if they have their own stores but I know that some Origins (cosmetic) stores carry tins of them. I saw them on the knot and they are very affordable!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results