shape
carat
color
clarity

Haven!! I have a question for you...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked VC to add milgrain to the baskets on my sidestones, like your ring has. He said he'll look into it.

Do you mind? It's a total copycat move - I just love that extra touch on yours!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I'm not Haven (obviously), but I think that will be a really pretty 'touch.' I'm going to guess Haven will be flattered, not annoyed. :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope so!

I'm already a bit annoyed by the need for the crossbars - not that that's VC's fault, I'd rather *not* have my ring fall apart on me, mind. Milgrain would spruce them up and turn them into a pretty addition rather than a necessary annoyance, even though they're still fundamentally crossbars, y'know?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course I don't mind! I'm flattered.

I think they'll look amazing.

That little detail is actually the one thing that slays me every time I look down at my ring. There's something so, I don't know, refined and beautiful and unexpected about that teeny tiny milgrain on the crossbars. I absolutely adore it.

Have I mentioned that I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR RING!?!?!?! I am so excited!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome :bigsmile: And yes, your ring really is inspiring!

I can't wait to see what he does with it! Even though oddly enough I'm not in any real hurry to get it back, if he decides he wants to work on it by candlelight or something and takes two months...

I completely understand why the milgrain steals your heart! I want it for exactly the same reason, afterall... It's - unexpected. Like surprise stones, in that it's your secret, but even surprise stones serve a purpose and need to be considered during the designing - this is just that extra detail that really does nothing more than show that someone cared enough to do it. Like the milgrained double-bezel on LGK's beauty - a single would've *functioned* just as well...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results