carat
color
clarity

Have your goals changed?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you are too young to be retired!!! :lol-2:

And fingers firmly crossed for all PSers and their loved ones to get through these dark times intact sooner rather than later.

DK :))

Haha I wish. I mean I wish I was younger than I am though in my head I am still in my thirties lol. But I guess most of us feel that way. I am still waiting to grow up if you kwim. :lol:

And yes! Sending bucketloads of good wishes to all PSers. We are going to get through this. I have to believe that.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I wish. I mean I wish I was younger than I am though in my head I am still in my thirties lol. But I guess most of us feel that way. I am still waiting to grow up if you kwim. :lol:

As the saying goes, growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

So high five to the inner Peter Pan in all of us!

DK :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the saying goes, growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

So high five to the inner Peter Pan in all of us!

DK :lol-2:

A6294B8E-47E3-4738-A374-79520AB9F083.jpeg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are pretty much the same, stay alive, keep my family alive. If anything my Mother's family has become more health conscious through this. Realizing that they have so many risk factors because of their weight has motivated them all to make changes, yay!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goals haven't changed dramatically. Just a few things here and there, mainly in relation to our home.

Covid has made us realise how important it is to have a comfortable, well equipped home and we're slowing working on it, room by room.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does a wedding at the beach count as a goal? Originally I wanted to get married July 7 this year, but those plans have been cancelled. Still need to plan for a wedding next year, though I am completely skeptical COVID will be over by then. Sorry fellow humans... I've got no faith in humanity. I'll only believe COVID is over when I see it is over instead of believing the first vaccine will cure everyone.

How are you approaching this Voce?

I'm actually super curious as to how most engaged couples are handling this.

Do you wait until it's over before you start to plan? Do you think "ahhh f#ck this" and elope at some point? Do you plan a CovidSafe wedding with ten people?

voce

Ideal_Rock
How are you approaching this Voce?

I'm actually super curious as to how most engaged couples are handling this.

Do you wait until it's over before you start to plan? Do you think "ahhh f#ck this" and elope at some point? Do you plan a CovidSafe wedding with ten people?

We are not a typical engaged couple. I'm going to wait before we start planning. He lives in Toronto right now, and I'm in California. The plan was to have him come over here with a fiance visa, and get legally married in the United States. It would be easy to get legally married in Canada, but for some d@mn reason that'll create an additional step in the process to get him a US green card, so we're intentionally waiting on the visa. He's talking with attorneys, but anything handled by embassies and US immigration is delay delay delay right now. I don't think I'll be able to set a date until he receives his visa. I didn't book anything for July 7; it was my hopeful thinking based upon a reasonable timeline before the COVID mess started.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goals haven't changed dramatically. Just a few things here and there, mainly in relation to our home.

Covid has made us realise how important it is to have a comfortable, well equipped home and we're slowing working on it, room by room.

Now this I can add. Even though we rent we've made quite a few improvements to our apartment to make it more full time livable since we've been here 24/7.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @missy, you are such a lovely person! Your mental age matches how you look! Slim and youthful.

I don't have any major goals. I don't remember my previous goals. Just living day to day and planning breakfast, lunch and dinner (hardest chore ever).

I may pick up a little extra supply of toiletries every week or so.

We moved last October and still have 5 boxes of books to unpack. I ordered a shelf a month ago. It was delivered last week and someone stole it :(2 The box was 5 feet tall and 80lbs. I think it's someone in the building. Calls and emails to the building management are ignored. Even the cops never showed up to take my report. They also took 3 packages of shorts and underwear that can't be replaced :(2 thieves just suck.

Anyway, my goal is to unpack those boxes (just as soon as my replacement shelves get here in a few months). I may have more goals tomorrow. Like, ummm, limit computer time for son and check if daughter is passing summer school. Argh.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Time is precious and my dad is 86 and my mom is immunocompromised so I know our time is limited. :(

I hope once you go and see them for the first time you will figure out how to do so more often and keep everyone safe at the same time. You can never have enough time with your elderly parents, every moment is precious. Wishing your parents many happy and as healthy as possible at their age years.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a shelf a month ago. It was delivered last week and someone stole it :(2 The box was 5 feet tall and 80lbs. I think it's someone in the building. Calls and emails to the building management are ignored. Even the cops never showed up to take my report. They also took 3 packages of shorts and underwear that can't be replaced :(2 thieves just suck.

Very bad situation, very frustrating. I would be furious for sure :x2:angryfire:. Sorry for such extremely bad and saddening experience...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results