shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 18 year old daughter and I just finished decorating our tree! It took me about 10 furniture rearrangements in the family room to find the perfect spot to fit it into, factoring in outlets/where the sofa will fit/access to the room/watching the TV/watching the fireplace/etc., but its up and sparkling and I'm very happy!

It's a faker - black with prelit white lights - and I've decorated it in silver, white and turquoise accents. I've thrown a few turquoise and silver pieces throughout other areas of the home as well (living and dining rooms as well as a little sparkle in the powder room) but I am not one to decorate our bannister.

I have yet to sort out the outside tree lights and the front door wreath... but that will come!

So, how far along in your decor are you?
(photo to come once I clear off the memory card!)

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I haven't started. I won't until mid December.

I don't actually decorate as such, just put up a tree.

Ok. Sounding a bit like Scrooge here... :bigsmile:

cammy5106

Rough_Rock
Hi! Enerchi...:) That's really great to know decorating for Christmas...Ya I too have almost done with Christmas tree and little decoration is left but its really very exciting time and more fun with everyone at home to decorate for Christmas...Have a great and happy time. :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1322566285|3070726 said:
I haven't started. I won't until mid December.

I don't actually decorate as such, just put up a tree.

Ok. Sounding a bit like Scrooge here... :bigsmile:

I'm lucky if I actually decorate at all, including putting a tree up. Some years we do but sometimes it feels like a hassle. It's weird because I LOVE the holiday season, but I guess I just love it even more when someone else does the work of making it festive. :bigsmile: We did just get a really pretty red berry wreath and a snowflake over-the-door hanger for it. Its looks great but that's all I've done.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have out tree up, stockings/mantel, wreath, and part of the outside. I probably wouldn't have if I didn't have a 4 year old begging me on a daily basis. It was REALLY important to her!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Did the house today; while the tree is slurping away--will decorate that when it has unfolded....oh but the house smells devine! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
We just bought our tree tonight! We did a marathon decorating session so we're DONE! I love it, even though there are some tough parts that come up with family memories. The kids are so excited though...they had SO much energy, it's exhausting! :lol:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't do much. If it weren't for the kids, we probably wouldn't do anything. Well, maybe we would...without kids there would be more free time! Anyway, we just pulled the tree up from the cellar last night. We were stumped as to where to put it since our main living area is currently littered with kiddie toys. So, operation christmas decorating has officially stalled in our house. I guess we'll try again tonight!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got 60% of it finished. Trees are up, garland/lights on staircase banisters are up, some decor is out. I'm simultaneously trying to decorate and re-organize everything this round, and when I go to put things away for the season in January my intent is to be EXTREMELY organized since we will have a 5 month old next year to work around when decorating (ha--if I have the energy for it then, that is!)

Here's one pic of the garland/lights on part of the staircase. I had to get clever with what to do with the extra lights because I didn't want to mess with running them underneath the carpet on the landing area. I stuffed the slack into a giant green bottle I found at TJ Maxx last summer, and I think it looks pretty cute!

hol2011001.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We put the tree up over the weekend and most of the other stuff is decorated, I have a little more to go, but the hubby got sick and since he is much taller then me then I will wait till he feels better to finish putting the other stuff up since it goes up on shelves and on our cabinets and its a pain for me to try and do because I am very short. On the up side I was off work today and was able to wrap quite a few presents :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch - that's a really cool idea to put the rest of the lights in that jar! Love the way it lights up that spot --- so clever! :appl:

We did the outside on the weekend - lots and lots of lights on a few of the (many!) trees out front. I love when evergreens are just jam packed with sparkle! Went with blue on a few trees and then white everywhere else.

...still... not quite feeling like a chipper little elf yet, frolicking in the joy of Christmas spirit :rolleyes: Maybe when some gifts are wrapped... who knows!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son and husband just put up some lights outside, but I haven't done a thing inside yet. Heck, I still have to straighten up/clean my house! Hopefully I can get it done this weekend.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1323121294|3074792 said:
Monarch - that's a really cool idea to put the rest of the lights in that jar! Love the way it lights up that spot --- so clever! :appl:

We did the outside on the weekend - lots and lots of lights on a few of the (many!) trees out front. I love when evergreens are just jam packed with sparkle! Went with blue on a few trees and then white everywhere else.

...still... not quite feeling like a chipper little elf yet, frolicking in the joy of Christmas spirit :rolleyes: Maybe when some gifts are wrapped... who knows!

Enerchi, I hope you post pics of your outside lights at least. I love a simplistic color scheme or just all white lights outside. I love the cool, wintery look of blue lights as well! Also, I never try to get into an energetic sort of Christmas spirit--it just isn't me. Instead I try to decorate during my relaxing time, the times when I would normally be reading a book or watching a movie or something. My usual tradition involves wine but I had to reduce my intake this year. :knockout: My point is don't feel anxious about not being all Buddy the Elf about it.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a few shots of my tree, some details and then our dining room table. I threw in some purple... yeah... I caved. I'm weak in the presence of purple... it is my kryptonite (well, purple AND Bailey's Irish Cream...) :Up_to_something:

Hope you like my decorations!

tree.jpg

detail.jpg

detail 2.jpg

table.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You even have purple (or pink?) peppercorns in the peppermill! I love the colors you used. Beautiful.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Part Gypsy! No, those are whatever comes in the peppercorn shaker --- I didn't decorate the pepper! hahaha!

I love that colour combination. Nothing says CHRISTMAS like purple and turquoise! :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is nice is that it kind of spans the whole Christmas/New Years celebration, all purpose festiveness!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results