shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you seen "Mrs. America" on Hulu yet?

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
If you haven't seen this miniseries, I highly recommend it (regardless of your political ideology). What an education on the fight over the ERA (Equal Rights Amendment) in the U.S. in the 1970's/1980's. Cate Blanchett and the rest of the cast is awesome.

As an aside, a friend's daughter is enrolled in a women's studies degree program at her university. I asked her what she thought about Gloria Steinem and Ms. Magazine. She stared at me blankly and said "Who?". :eek2: :eek2::eek2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for recommending. I will watch it. In the late 70's I was in law school with Phyllis Schlafly, who had come to the school later in life, and was not very popular with the other students, which were more than 50% women and therefore somewhat unusual at that time. She kept a fairly low profile in class, unlike her public persona.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw it last year, enjoyed it too.

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
Thanks for recommending. I will watch it. In the late 70's I was in law school with Phyllis Schlafly, who had come to the school later in life, and was not very popular with the other students, which were more than 50% women and therefore somewhat unusual at that time. She kept a fairly low profile in class, unlike her public persona.

Wow. I think you'll find the miniseries really fascinating then. From what I remember (I saw it over a year ago) there's an interesting subplot about Schlafly's decision to attend law school and her husband's reaction. I'm not sure how true-to-life this part of the series is, but the husband-wife dynamic was compelling as played by Blanchett and John Slattery from Mad Men.

Let us know how you like the series. It really showcases the unfortunate division among women regarding our own rights.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How long of a series is it so I know what I’m getting into?
A bit more info is that her son and nephew were also in my then husbands med school class. They took a bit of heat at time from the women in the class. I think her son’s name was Bruce and her nephew was Ted but I could be wrong.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results