shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you moved on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 3:13:23 PM
Author: VRBeauty
My taste is constantly evolving and expanding -- but it doesn''t tend to swing wildly to extremes. I think PS has expanded my taste more than changing it. For example -- my style tends to be more modern and simple. At one time I would have ruled out a milgrained piece as being too fussy -- now I see many examples where milgraining is the perfect adornment for a simple setting.

It''s expanded my taste while deflating my pocketbook.
14.gif

Great question!
Ditto to VRBeauty for me...

PS has really opened my mind... the biggest change for me is that I now have an appreciation for warmer stones and bezels. Never cared for either before PS.

Also, I am an official "Fancy Cut" girl... I find myself drawn to the pears, ovals and even hearts...and of course dearest to my heart, the asscher....

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always loved chunky gold padlock bracelets and bangles, wearing a couple on each wrist, with a chunky curb necklace and thick dome rings. I still love my chunky pieces but find I rarely wear them, and when I do it's only one piece at a time.

I find I'm wearing fewer pieces nowadays and they tend to be more simple, diamond pieces like solitare pendants and one RHR. I used to wear 3 earrings in each lobe, now I tend to stick to my 1ctw diamond studs only. Overall I tend to wear fewer, finer pieces (that are more expensive since I became hooked on diamonds!!
14.gif
). It's nice to chop and change though, and occasionally dress up in my 'old stuff'!
9.gif

My taste re. my Ering has never changed though, and probably never will!!
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 8:03:09 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds

Ditto to VRBeauty for me...

PS has really opened my mind... the biggest change for me is that I now have an appreciation for warmer stones and bezels. Never cared for either before PS.

Also, I am an official ''Fancy Cut'' girl... I find myself drawn to the pears, ovals and even hearts...and of course dearest to my heart, the asscher....
Same here lwd!! I was always taught that diamonds had to be white white white, because that was just how they were supposed to be, and that anything less was inferior! Boy, was I mislead!!
3.gif

I''d love me a lemony oval
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 3:13:23 PM
Author: VRBeauty
My taste is constantly evolving and expanding -- but it doesn''t tend to swing wildly to extremes. I think PS has expanded my taste more than changing it. For example -- my style tends to be more modern and simple. At one time I would have ruled out a milgrained piece as being too fussy -- now I see many examples where milgraining is the perfect adornment for a simple setting.

It''s expanded my taste while deflating my pocketbook.
14.gif

Great question!
This is me almost to a tee.

Have my tastes changed? No. But..... I had never seen a bezel band before Pricescope. Or even considered trying on a Scott Kay setting. And both now reside on my hand, LOL! So PS has definitely expanded my horizons! I am and will probably always be a solitaire girl through and through though.
5.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I fell in love with Lovely''s ring when I first searched "asscher" in google and that popped up two years ago... Now I still want that ring SOMEDAY, but recently, I have been in LOVE with warm color old mine cut diamonds, or old cushion cut diamonds.

When I say in love, I mean
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
can''t sleep, can''t eat, fireworks, reach for the stars, over the fence, world series kind of stuff (it takes two anyone?) ahaha that''s a little exaggeration! But I have talked my boyfriend into buying me a relatively inexpensive engagement ring sooner that is an OMC. GOD! Gorgeous!

So to answer the question- I think yes, and I definitely have evolved and deepened my taste in good lookin, and oh yeah, nicely CUT diamonds.
17.gif
36.gif
36.gif
2.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''ve definitely moved on from halos, with which I was head-over-heels in love when I first joined PS. I still think they''re lovely, but the infatuation has faded. I still adore step cuts (especially ECs), but I now have an appreciation for well-cut RBs and other shapes. I also appreciate solitaires much more than I used to! Like other posters have expressed, I think PS has opened my mind and expanded my taste.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my tastes haven''t changed.

I am waiting for the next big trend to hit, though things as traditional as e-rings are slow moving in that regard.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. Always loved the Lucida and still do. Nothing else compares to me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 10:52:49 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I don''t think my tastes have changed per say, however I think my tastes and tolerances have expanded a bit since joining PS. I''ve always been into classic and antiquey styles, but I''m starting to like the look of more modern and streamlined pieces.
Ditto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results