shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you lost interest in jewelry and diamonds?

Have you lost interest in jewelry and diamonds?

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 81.6%

• Total voters

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Have you lost interest in jewelry and diamonds due to COVID and recent events? I definitely have. I used to think about jewelry and diamonds all the time, but now it's sort of an after thought, if that. I just keep coming to PS because of the people!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I did at first because all I did was stay home and do house stuff/ garden but I think I’m starting to go stir crazy. We cancelled 3 vacations this year and mostly just stay in our town. My husband drove me up north to see where his new job site is and that was our biggest adventure since Covid... What else is there to do but browse the internet and do random chores?

PS & jewelry are stress relievers for me. It’s why I’m most active during work hours. After Covid happened I got the position I had been working towards for a while. Training remotely has been tough! I think the stress of my new position coupled with the stress of being alive during a pandemic (and not being able to partake in my usual stress relieving activities) is turning up my interest in jewelry.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it is a great escape for me.

Same. If anything, I need MORE beauty in my life, not less, to counter all the sadness, ugliness, and bullsh!t going on in the world.

I know that jewels aren't the only source of beauty, but it really hits the spot for me....even if I can't afford to buy anything. It is so enjoyable to just LOOK. Sparkles and fire and beautiful design/craftsmanship are absolutely *thrilling* to both my eyes and soul!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost interest before that. I haven't worn any jewelry except a cheap watch and tiny gold studs to keep the piercings in my ears open for a couple of years. I still love Pricescope, though. I just find that I spend my time in Hangout, Royal Jewels, and an occasional thread I find in Jewelry Pieces.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worked from home already and ps was like a replacement for the water cooler talk I don’t get to have in my day, I still enjoy seeing pieces other people are working on and thinking about what my ideal “wardrobe” would be. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, as I have the means to spend some money on jewellery and other things this year, and Covid-19 is not going to stop me!

DK :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I think that if I had more money (nod to @dk168) I might be more interested, but I don't think so. I don't wear any jewelry at all and I certainly have boatloads of it. I think I am in a slump.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no where to wear anything so why buy right now.

I don’t think I could ever lose interest in jewelry lol, much to the chagrin of my wallet. I’ve started spending more and more time designing pieces, just imagining it come together gives me joy. I think being stuck at home has made me turn to clothes and jewelry as an outlet.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
No. It’s an escape from this world of grey. The shades of grey that we are in right now is much darker than I would like.
Only yesterday I received news that more than a dozen of my coworkers tested positive for covid-19. As crucial to the continuation of our business their work is, their health is put in front of it now as it should be.
Hearing that I went straight to IG to try to stay calm and perhaps get some sleep at night.
I wish I can be calm enough to meditate and pray.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww @joelly I am so sorry you are going through a rough time and I am sending you gentle hugs and peaceful vibes. This is a challenging time for many/most. It is unprecedented really. Most of us have never lived through something like this. My 86 year old dad said to me he has never seen anything like this and he has lived through some harsh times. Hang in there and wishing your coworkers all the best and that you and your loved ones remain healthy and that work will recover. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not lost interested in jewelry or beautiful things. They bring me respite in a world of chaos. They calm me and they engage my mind from unpleasantness. It is an escape of sorts for brief moments and I welcome it. While I am not wearing my bling as often due to the pandemic and the constant washing etc they still bring me joy.

Thank goodness for any relief from the chaotic world we are living in at the moment. Whatever works embrace it and enjoy.

i-was-surrounded-by-life-and-beauty-my-soul-was-content-and-my-life-felt-full-quote-1.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Aww @joelly I am so sorry you are going through a rough time and I am sending you gentle hugs and peaceful vibes. This is a challenging time for many/most. It is unprecedented really. Most of us have never lived through something like this. My 86 year old dad said to me he has never seen anything like this and he has lived through some harsh times. Hang in there and wishing your coworkers all the best and that you and your loved ones remain healthy and that work will recover. (((Hugs))).

Thank you @missy This comforts me.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
In wearing it, yes. In distraction, no. I am not a person that buys clothes or tech, so looking, reading and projects are distraction. Everything, not considering covid even, feels too overwhelming, too much and quite hard.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In wearing it, yes. In distraction, no. I am not a person that buys clothes or tech, so looking, reading and projects are distraction. Everything, not considering covid even, feels too overwhelming, too much and quite hard.

I hope that things in your life improve, @elizat.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be queuing to get my pick of your collection when time comes! :mrgreen:

@Rad_Fan, at least you can always make me smile, whether it is with great photos in Royal Jewels or your wit. Thank you.

Deb :wavey:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Rad_Fan, at least you can always make me smile, whether it is with great photos in Royal Jewels or your wit. Thank you.

Deb :wavey:

Thanks Deb. I've learned a lot from reading your posts on bling. Appreciate it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I think that if I had more money (nod to @dk168) I might be more interested, but I don't think so. I don't wear any jewelry at all and I certainly have boatloads of it. I think I am in a slump.

Wearing your (delicious) pretzel would get me out of a slump in a nanosecond! :)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't lost interest but it's giving me time to pause and think about gearing my collection more towards the future.

Jewelry has always been an accessory for me (like some people change shoes or handbags). And working from home, my office clothes sit in the closet where I am wearing more active-wear type pieces. Likewise, the few times I put any jewelry on, it tends to be something basic. With retirement only 5 years (give or take) away, I've already decided that I shouldn't be buying any more work clothes and maybe the same goes for jewelry.

While my jewelry preferences are constantly changing with age and lifestyle - I'll probably always have some degree of interest. I should say some of it IS social for me as I love going to gem/jewelry/craft shows with friends and family -or- working with one of my regular vendors to create a piece.

( @joelly - I hope that you are doing ok as are your co-workers)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I've streamlined my desire to acquire. Always wanted a small sapphire ring, and am working on that, but no purchases planned beyond that. I'm feeling for myself that the few pieces I have fit my lifestyle and budget, and getting more will be a strain to wear and afford. I still research jewellery a lot, source things out and then just don't buy it. That seems to do the trick.
In this time of stress, fantasizing about jewellery seems to calm my mind, almost like doing artwork.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hell, NO!!! To the contrary! Beauty brings me joy and this is my primary choice of beauty in my life as in tangible beauty. It also means much more to me than that. I can get creative, research, put my energy into something more positive. I work a lot more too.

Some know here that I lost my two cats to corona in March a month lster my stepdad died of brain cancer. His case was malhandled because of COVID.

I still remember the day we buried my cats. It snowed the end of March. I said Even the sky was crying. My stepdad fell apart the day after. Losing them sent him on his journey out of his life. My mom has lost her mind since pretty much.

So much pain. There has to be an escape into what I love even though I think I am still in shock. Because life gave me the opportunity into throwing myself into a new house project with remodel at the same time. My dream house at that. And I somehow was gifted by someone above to now be able to complete my list I say Thank you for that.

I would still give all of it and more to bring back my loved ones.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Sunstorm, I'm so, so sorry you have experienced and are experiencing so much loss and pain. I hope that the bling continues to buoy you and bring you some joy and comfort and strength.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I definitely haven't lost interest in it, but I will say that my interest has noticeably lessened, partly due to all that is going on in general and the perspective that it brings about what really matters, partly due to other matters that I need to buckle down and work on personally (and have used obsessing over bling to avoid dealing with), and partly due to having refined a bit more the picture of what lies in the intersection of what I love and what I realistically think suits my lifestyle and will wear, which is a journey I've been on for quite some time now. And, unfortunately, to accomplish bringing that "intersection" into fruition will take funds and circumstances that are going to take me quite some years to attain!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results