shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever sold a piece of jewelry and regretted it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently I was on Etsy and I came across a ring that I used to own but sold, at a tag sale of all places. I was told when I bought it that the aquamarine was synthetic and I did buy it from a jewelry store but now I'm thinking I should have looked into this before selling it. On top of that it was in white gold, Art Deco style, I have no idea what I was thinking. Granted I don't know for sure it is my ring but it is almost exact.

Am I the only one in this boat? In the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world but I'm wondering if anyone else has done this?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes. I sold some OEC studs last year and regret it! I keep debating buying new ones but I don't know if I should buy the same size or slightly larger.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I sold my mom's engagement ring when I was spending down for her to qualify for Medicaid.

I wish I had found a way to have purchased it myself, but at the time money was needed elsewhere.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sold a number of pieces given to me by my mum at knock-down prices to a local jeweller to raise money for my relocation back in 2006, when I ran up a sizable listing bill without selling a single item due to inexperience.

DK :((

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've not sold anything yet but this is part of the reason why not! I do worry that I might regret it someday.

susief

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I sold my engagement ring upgrade, a perfectly nice 0.70ct solitaire. I didn't wear it much due to having a baby and it not being practical for my job. In retrospect these were just setting issues. I thought I would be happy with my plain band but I missed the sparkle!

Now I put jewellery away rather than selling. You never know what you might come back to. I am a declutterer by nature so it's hard for me....

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've sold quite a few pieces of jewelry and gemstones over the years, and I can honestly say I have zero regrets.

My primary gauge for deciding whether to sell something is: when I imagine the item on someone else's hand, will I be happy or sad?" If the answer is "happy," I list it, knowing I'm ready for the piece to have a new home. If the answer is "sad," I keep it. Basic, but works for me.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
susief|1457304705|4000729 said:
Yes, I sold my engagement ring upgrade, a perfectly nice 0.70ct solitaire. I didn't wear it much due to having a baby and it not being practical for my job. In retrospect these were just setting issues. I thought I would be happy with my plain band but I missed the sparkle!

Now I put jewellery away rather than selling. You never know what you might come back to. I am a declutterer by nature so it's hard for me....

Can totally relate to the decluttering, I get into these "everything must go" phases.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, I dismantled a ruby and diamond ring given to me by my Dad for my 16th BD. I wore it religiously for what seemed ages...then I reset it and sold the resetting. Biggest regret ever.

cheers--Sharon

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. :(

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Posting here about my regret pushed me to email Grace this morning about new studs. :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1457376678|4001123 said:
Posting here about my regret pushed me to email Grace this morning about new studs. :lol:

Awesome, turning a negative into a positive on a Monday is always good!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results