shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever seen a spider like this one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I am wondering what kind of spider this is - I never even realized there was a spider in this pic until I uploaded it to the computer and was sending it to strm last night...
Thanks in advance :}

DSCN0947cropa.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 4:03:20 PM
Author:wifey2b
I am wondering what kind of spider this is - I never even realized there was a spider in this pic until I uploaded it to the computer and was sending it to strm last night...
Thanks in advance :}
Oh my! I don''t know what kind it is, but it''s scary!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something albino? Almost looks like a crab!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never seen one, but that is one cool looking spider- still all spiders are icky and scary to me especially the black widows which we seem to have regularly where I''m at for some reason.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh ick ick ick-i''ve never seen a spider like that before. it does look like some crazy albino spider.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
White crab spider?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh ick, I hope I never see one. I do not like spiders!!!!!!
14.gif
9.gif

BTW, how are you wifey2b???

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My parents have some like that at their house.I''ve never seen a white one but I have seen red and black ones. I''m not sure what they are called though.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh ewwww.. I HATE spiders!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Spiders aren't top on my list either, but that picture is GORGEOUS!!!

I just did a quick google and read that they can change color at will. Nifty!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sure does look like a crab, hope I never come across one!!! I am super scared of spiders....
32.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
what is creepy is that you didn''t know there was a spider there when you took the picture! EEK!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I hate spiders.... but that one looks really pretty

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
um, disgusting? actually it''s sort of pretty for being a spider (shutter
19.gif
)

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your help - I used your ideas, and found it was a white crab spider and even found a video on You Tube of it :} SO that was kewl - thank you all for your help :} It is amazing what a camera can pick up that the naked eye cannot see - it was later in the evening when I took this photo - have this thing of holding camera close in macro mode and shoot - lol :} Now I might learn to watch where my hand is going - lol :}
Thanks again :}

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
These spiders are not that big at all - but they know how to sneak up on a bee and strangle him...I have a picture of a very little spider trying to torture a caterpillar and you know what - he won - next day - dead caterpillar...next day - gone...amazing how nature works
Date: 7/10/2009 4:15:13 PM
Author: ericad
Found this pic online and it''s described as a crab spider. Exactly the same. This one killed a bee! How big is it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kewl Pic
36.gif
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
THAT is horrifying.

HATE SPIDERS!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! I''ve only seen them in books! I forget the names but they have that pattern so that they can blend with the flowers to prey. There are also praying mantises that literally look like gorgeous flowers.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
*puke*

fascinating, but i think i just peed my pants a little. its scary looking.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so its white and pink, those colors on nails are pretty, flowers too. spiders-NO. I dont care how pretty the colors are it is still a yucky spider. We get spiders here that I have named "big nasties" They are big, brown and hairy. Urrgghh. I think they are wolf spiders. It is kind of funny when I find one though. I come running out of the room screaming "There is a big nasty in there!!"

The thing that would bother me is that I would have been that close to it taking the picture. What if it would have been a jumper!?

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
yuck yuck lol

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it is pretty for a spider. That is a cool picture!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Eeew, that''s nasty looking! It does look like a crab spider, and pink or not, it''s still a spider!

We saw a very similar looking spider at a beach house on Philliip Island in Victoria. We''d just checked in and it was around 9pm at night. We looked out of the glass doors leading to the balcony and there it was on the glass. I spent the whole night worrying that it would find its way into the house!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
creepy! what area of the US are you in.. i''ve never seen a spider like that!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Yucky!!!!!!!!!!!! Pink or not, EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Sorry, but spiders freak me out!

One time, when I was still living with dad, I was home alone and went to go take a shower. I went to turn the water on, and saw a spider chillin in the tub. I sat on a chair I brought into the bathroom and watched the thing until my dad came home to kill it.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results