carat
color
clarity

Have you ever heard of "digital *ape"?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea this was a thing. :blackeye:

I wonder whether this will ever be 'prosecute-able'.
I certainly hope so.

UGH! This technology thing is a real evil monster.
But it makes a few people rich, so ... :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, I have heard of it, and am of the opinion that it should be treated in the same way as online trolling and abuse as cyber related crimes.

However, it would take up yet more police resources which is my concern.

DK :))

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you know you can take the VR set off ANYTIME? You just pull the damn glasses off your face and you are out!

Also, the british police is known for arresting people for praying in their heads.

What's next, investigating people for crimes done in someone else's dreams?

Last edited:

HGar

Shiny_Rock
My teens said the same thing Gloria, as well as reboot / restart the game. That coupled with your character can apparently never be stripped naked or restrained? It’s sounds like a mess. Thank goodness I don’t play any online games other than crosswords.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My teens said the same thing Gloria, as well as reboot / restart the game. That coupled with your character can apparently never be stripped naked or restrained? It’s sounds like a mess. Thank goodness I don’t play any online games other than crosswords.

Teens know what they are talking about, 'cause they actually play games.

Characters in VR are like ken dools/cartoons.
For shooting games, you can get vests (very expensive, called haptic vests) that can make you feel when you get shot (a vibration), similar to what you feel in a rig with a steering wheel, but's it's not realistic at all.

People need to start using their brains more, gosh!
Nobody/nothing can hold you in VR!

I own a VR set, a driving rig and all that...

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hubby just complained he got taken down from behind by 3 guys in COD (call of duty) and had no chance to fight back. What should I do, call 911?
:roll2:

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As noted the story makes 0 sense from a factual or technological sense.
That said:
I was an global OP on an irc(open text chat with channels people hung out on as well as person to person) network way back when for many years and the number one problem I had to deal with was harassment.
Girls harassing girls was shockingly high, I would say 20%.
A call from their isp to the number on record would put an end to much of it. It dropped a ton when aol was banned.
Aol would not act on complaints so got banned.

I met wifey4ever on irc while I was an ircop.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone can go on Youtube and see how the metaverse looks like, flying torsos and &$$tty graphics.
Explaining getting graped in VR:

"So these torsos approached me and I tried to escape them but they kept following me, then they got closer and closer and they surrounded me, they were just there, in my face!" :lol::lol::lol:

Freaking ridiculous....

I remember my first VR experience, slayed some undead with a sword and then got bored and climbed mount Fuji.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, "digital" and "virtual" can be very different things, with the former having two interpretations. The thread title made me think this was about something else entirely...

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Um, "digital" and "virtual" can be very different things, with the former having two interpretations. The thread title made me think this was about something else entirely...

Yep, first thing that came to my mind when I read the title was a certain court case in the recent news involving a former president in a department store.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I don't play any online games but it sounds like very nasty behavior to me. I think whoever runs the site should ban anyone who acts like that, or maybe even let them know that if they keep it up, their true identity will be posted, along with their activities, if they can do that without running into a bunch of legal trouble. I bet that would stop it cold. I don't think creepy online attackers should be allowed to run that young girl (or anyone else) off a game.

But calling it the "r" word, no. To me, that kinda trivializes real "r." JMO

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Games are for gamers, not for "always offended" people.

If non gamers only knew what kinda jokes gamers make in-game, especially in shooting games where you can literally jump and squat (your character) over someone else's virtual face (really just his character's dead body fallen to the ground) as a "victory dance"/joke...it's called in-game T-$%%^ing :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

And no, people's identities or addresses should not be revealed...cause swatting unalived people, yeeesh.

Hubby is a proper gamer (I'm a dilettante by comparison) and thinks non gamers shouldn't have strong opinions on matters they have no experience with and don't understand.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, stop the fighting and name calling or those involved will be getting time outs. Act like adults please.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results