shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever had corn souffle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I live in the south and have had this concoction at a number of pot lucks I''ve attended in the past year. I finally worked up the nerve to ask for the recipe and while it is not a traditional souffle, it is really easy and super yummy. Thought I''d share for those that like corn or want a taste of the south:

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernal corn, drained
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten

Combine, pour into a casserole dish and back at 350 for 30 mins or until set and golden on top.

You can expand this recipe as needed. I doubled the recipe last night to feed four and had about 1/3 left over. I didn''t double the butter. And I didn''t use real butter, I used some smart balance I had. I''m sure real butter would be fab and double the amount would be fantastic, but I''m not taking responsibility for clogging everyone''s arteries!

I will warn you that it''s a bit sweet. If you don''t like sweet dishes, I would half the sugar and may do so myself the next round. It would also be good with some diced chilis thrown in for heat......

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
I make a very very similar recipe every year for Thanksgiving- but we call it "corn pudding." It''s sooooo good!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
LOL - I read the recipe and thought "souffle??! nah, that''s creamed corn casserole (or sweet corn casserole)!"

It''s a staple at my grandma''s for Thanksgiving or any other large midwestern meal. And yes, it''s DELISH!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I make that all time, and I also call it soufflé. I also add diced peppers.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s totally not a souffle! Not enough eggs for sure, but the little southern lady I know that makes it doesn''t know this, I''m sure!!!

We just ate the rest of it with dinner and it was just as yummy second day as it was the first. I have to figure out how to make a healthier version.

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
April20- If you find a healthier version, be sure to let me know! The recipe I use also includes heavy cream
6.gif
...now you can see why I only make it once a year, lol

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the recipe I use:
14 3/4 oz can corn
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 c evaporated milk
1/4 c sugar
2 1/2 T flour
2 T butter.

Mix everything and pour into greased casserole dish bake at 350 for 50 min. to I hour. Let stand 10 min. It''s yummy and there''s NEVER any leftover

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I make it all the time, too! My extended family depends on me for it! I also regularly make a pineapple casserole that is just as easy and even better!!!

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg, beaten

April20, I just realized that your ingredients (above) are different from mine! I use the canned and creamed corn as you do, and also melted butter, but I also use sour cream and a package of corn bread muffin mix! I don't have my holiday recipe notebook handy. (I left it in Connecticut at Easter.) I do remember those things without looking, however! And, of course, I don't need flour!

AGBF
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results