shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever found a diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tommalle

Rough_Rock
I have heard a lot of stories about people losing their engagement rings, diamonds studs, and diamond bracelets. A lot of people have also lost individual stones out of their jewelry pieces. Have any of you ever been lucky enough to find loose diamonds or jewelry? I should clairify I don''t mean finding your own after you lost it. What did you do with it after you found it? Put it in lost and found? Keep it? Turn it into a new piece of jewelry? I know in some circumstances the rightful owner could never be found.

I have lost many inexpensive pieces but have never been fortunate enough to find any goodies.

Holly

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Nope. Le sigh.
7.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my uncles found a loose diamond when they pulled out my memere''s old cabinets to replace them. i believe they took it to an appraiser and verified that it was indeed a diamond. unfortunately i don''t know anything more about it.

last summer some people were frantically running around the beach and we finally asked if they had lost something and could we help.....the woman has lost her ring! i don''t know if she ever recovered it.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My dad is a "town man" (he does everything in a tiny town from water treatment to waste, setting sidewalks and fixing roads, etc) He has found at least 2 rings in the waste facility. The town is so tiny, he knew who said they flushed their ring and returned it to her immediately. I believe the other one was sort of "flushed on purpose" so he gave it to the town cop to deal with.

In my town, a lady lost her e-ring on a "flag walk" (hundreds of flags set up for Memorial Day through a park) The whole town showed up to hunt for it with her. There was no reward offered but eventually it was found and returned to her.

The only way I could think it''s okay to keep something like that is if it was truly found in your yard, house, etc. If you own the house that is.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 1:50:01 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Nope. Le sigh.
7.gif

Ha! Me neither...and me and my twin sis love to say "Le sigh" too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found a mangled diamond ring in a parking lot. I have a pic around here somewhere...it's really tiny.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found a stud earring on the ground once, but I could tell almost immediately that it was a CZ....bummer!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found a ring with what looks like a .10ish diamond in it... I don''t know if it''s real but I think it may be, since it is so small, and the ring is 18k wg. Someday I''ll get it tested
1.gif

It showed up after a party at my husband''s college house, the residents gave it to me and I took it to department of public services while we emailed everyone we knew who''d been at the party. I was allowed to have it back when no one claimed it after a month. I love it, it''s so pretty!

foundring.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My dad once bought a used station wagon and asked me to help him clean it out when we got it home. I pulled up the back seats and underneath, found two rings. One was a row of tiny rubies in a much wider gold band, and another one was a mother''s ring. We never did find out if they belonged to the previous owners, since they sold the car to move out of state. I have no idea what happened to them, either.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 4:08:20 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
My dad once bought a used station wagon and asked me to help him clean it out when we got it home. I pulled up the back seats and underneath, found two rings. One was a row of tiny rubies in a much wider gold band, and another one was a mother''s ring. We never did find out if they belonged to the previous owners, since they sold the car to move out of state. I have no idea what happened to them, either.

i have been watching too much tv. i said ewwww what if someone was offed in the station wagon and the guy sold it and left towm? i told you too much tv!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yes I have. I found a diamond earring at the gym. It looked to be around .25 ct or so. I searched all over the gym to find the person wearing the matching earring but I couldn''t find them. I ended up leaving it with the front desk people. I really feel like I should have kept it and left my phone number with the front desk, because i''m not so sure how "hard" they would try to find the owner.....

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I found an antique diamond ring mixed in among several boxes of costume jewelry. We had stopped at a flea market as we were passing through some random town on a roadtrip. I didn''t find the ring until probably a month or 2 later after I started sorting through it all. Actually there were a lot of real pieces. But anyhow, there was no way of knowing how or where it was from. Don''t even know the name of the town we were in. Anyhow, its either an OEC or transitional cut, apx .85 cts. set in 14k white gold. Its so pretty! I actually wore it as my ering for a long time.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never found one.

Whenever I see something sparkling on the sidewalk, pavement, park wood chips, beach sand (basically ANY walking surface), I run to it in hopes that it''s a diamond!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 6:04:17 PM
Author: crown1
Date: 3/16/2009 4:08:20 PM

Author: MonkeyPie

i have been watching too much tv. i said ewwww what if someone was offed in the station wagon and the guy sold it and left towm? i told you too much tv!

LOL! If they did, then they cleaned up after themselves REALLY well...who has a black light?!
2.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a gorgeous yellow pear shaped stone (~ 2ct) that I thought may have been a topaz. I took it to a random jeweler, who thought it was synthetic. I dont know how to tell a real stone from fake, and the jeweler didnt seem to know much either. I still have it lying around somewhere. Oh, and I found it in a barren industrial area, so no way of finding out who it belonged to.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 6:48:41 PM
Author: joflier
I found an antique diamond ring mixed in among several boxes of costume jewelry. We had stopped at a flea market as we were passing through some random town on a roadtrip. I didn''t find the ring until probably a month or 2 later after I started sorting through it all. Actually there were a lot of real pieces. But anyhow, there was no way of knowing how or where it was from. Don''t even know the name of the town we were in. Anyhow, its either an OEC or transitional cut, apx .85 cts. set in 14k white gold. Its so pretty! I actually wore it as my ering for a long time.
joflier, Wow, how fun is that? Have you posted a picture of it on here before? I''m sure lots of us would love to see the ring!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:44:08 PM
Author: Loves Vintage

Date: 3/16/2009 6:48:41 PM
joflier, Wow, how fun is that? Have you posted a picture of it on here before? I''m sure lots of us would love to see the ring!!
It used to be in my avatar. Here''s a pic.

oecset5999.JPG

joflier

Ideal_Rock
On the finger.....

tinyeternityring08023.JPG

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I found a diamond braclet as I was crossing the parkway in Center City Philly. It looked like it was fairly new.
I got it checked out and the clasp was tightened but I lost it while wearing it . It was 14K pretty gold links with about 15 20 pt diamonds.

I also lost my Grandmother''s diamond ring. It was when my first son was just a month old and I had him out in his stroller. I was paying so much attention to him that I did not realize when the ring slid off my finger.
39.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2009 3:24:21 PM
On the finger.....
Wow!! That is fabulous!! How lucky you were! It is so pretty. I adore the setting. I actually just had a small oec set in a setting just like that (fishtail), but for a pendant. I like yours much better though!! And, your ring is just perfect with that band. Lucky, lucky!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a diamond, but I did find a pretty Opal ring when I was a kid. I had been trying on some costume jewelry and saw a ring among them that I KNEW was not a fake. I turned it in to the store and was told that if it was not claimed within a month it would be mine. The original owner did come to claim it.

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
My mom has a gorgeous ring that she only wears on special occasions because it''s fairly large and she doesn''t like to draw too much attention (the center is 3.5 cts, and has two large sidestones). Anyway, she keeps it at the bank in a safety deposit box, but had taken it out to wear to a wedding. A few days after the wedding, she placed the ring in the outer pocket of her purse and headed out to do some errands, including putting the ring back in the bank. Well, she got to the bank and the ring was gone. Turns out the ring had fallen out of her purse at the grocery store-- a man found it and gave his phone number to the store manager in case anyone called for it. My mom was beyond ecstatic, she thought the ring was a goner. She gave the man some type of reward, and he deserved it---not many people would be that honest after finding a ring like that!

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 11:39:54 PM
Author: ice-queen
My mom has a gorgeous ring that she only wears on special occasions because it''s fairly large and she doesn''t like to draw too much attention (the center is 3.5 cts, and has two large sidestones). Anyway, she keeps it at the bank in a safety deposit box, but had taken it out to wear to a wedding. A few days after the wedding, she placed the ring in the outer pocket of her purse and headed out to do some errands, including putting the ring back in the bank. Well, she got to the bank and the ring was gone. Turns out the ring had fallen out of her purse at the grocery store-- a man found it and gave his phone number to the store manager in case anyone called for it. My mom was beyond ecstatic, she thought the ring was a goner. She gave the man some type of reward, and he deserved it---not many people would be that honest after finding a ring like that!
Wow now thats super lucky what a great guy!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
sadly, no. Though I was walking with a friend once when she found a $100 bill!
23.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope never. I''d love to find one though
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results