shape
carat
color
clarity

have the GIA report, any comment?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ling0882434

Rough_Rock
GIA report attached, wonder anyone can give me some advice, i entered the all number into HCA and everything looks quiet good. and i think it's quiet reasonable price for the quality. but i am hoping for some professional advice. if there are anything else i need from the seller? thanks

GIA2105639628_zoom.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me from the numbers. Is this online or with a brick shop? Have you seen if personally?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is from an online vendor I always like to see an ASET or Idealscope image for that angle combo, is it possible for you to request these?

ling0882434

Rough_Rock
it's from bluenile and i tried to ask for the image but they say they only provide that for their signature ideal. this one is ideal but sales claim it falls into their signature ideal grade but they cannot regrade it at this point and provide me the images.
what shall i do next then, shall i go ahead and order it? thanks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 8:28:03 AM
Author: ling0882434
it's from bluenile and i tried to ask for the image but they say they only provide that for their signature ideal. this one is ideal but sales claim it falls into their signature ideal grade but they cannot regrade it at this point and provide me the images.
what shall i do next then, shall i go ahead and order it? thanks
My concern is that the angle combo is entering what we call the steep deep zone, as GIA round the numbers the diamond could show leakage or not, depending on which way they are in fact rounded. So all you can do if you want to order it is to examine it carefully to see if there is any visible leakage or not in different lights, or to get an appraiser who is skilled in evaluating cut to check it out for you. What you are looking for is any dark areas on the top of the diamond, or a dark ring or partial ring around the table, if you can't see any darkness then you should be ok.

It is one of those where it is hard to advise as it could go either way regrettably.

ling0882434

Rough_Rock
i found another one on bluenile. the spec and numbers is very close to the first one. but the price is 2k more. can someone help me understand the difference? thanks!

GIA2105639596_zoom.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one looks good, nothing jumps out at me to account for the price difference - various factors can affect pricing.

ling0882434

Rough_Rock
thanks for you reply! i did notice the 2nd stone is alot cleaner than the 1st one. but to my knowledge, VS2 is always eye clean right? Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 9:28:24 AM
Author: ling0882434
thanks for you reply! i did notice the 2nd stone is alot cleaner than the 1st one. but to my knowledge, VS2 is always eye clean right? Thanks again!
You are most welcome! VS2 is USUALLY eyeclean but it is prudent to check that it is eyeclean to your standards from all angles, especially with a diamond of this size. Also don't go by the plotting diagram of a grading report to judge whether a diamond is eyeclean or not as this can be misleading, the best way to tell is to get the vendor to check for you by inspecting the diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results