shape
carat
color
clarity

Have no idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Quincy

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''m new here as well. Actually been lurking and getting alot of knowledge in the "ROCKY TALK" department. But anyhow, I think I''ve already found my stone, I just need to go finalize everything sometimes this month (December).

But anyhow, after this, I am pretty much clueless on ideas for proposals. I had an idea of proposing in Vegas w/dried rose petals everywhere and an extravagent view, but since we don''t take many trips and she knows that I''ve been trying to save...that is out of the question. Also, lately, I think she''s been hoping I do propose. So even the holidays like xmas, new years, and even valentines day may give it away. I am completely clueless on when or how.

It''s pretty hard to get some time off for myself to plan it out since I''m almost w/her 24/7. Any ideas will greatly help. For those that may have a place to propose...please recommend. I''m actually in the Bay Area in California and anywhere as far as SF, NAPA, or even Monterey/Carmel is do-able. I also may want to do it in a setting that may not be too public or focused upon the proposal.

Kojack

Rough_Rock
Hi Quincy. Congratulations on getting ready to take the next step. I will be proposing next week in Sausalito. Some helpful people on PS along with my parents thought this would be a beautiful idea. The views are great and I hear the Casa Madrona hotel is beautiful. Or if its the city you want (SF), Coit Tower has always been a favorite. I for one am not into the "cliche proposal" meaning doing it at a dinner with the ring under a napkin or in a dessert. My best advice to you is do some homework during the time you have when your GF isn''t around. Search the net for most romantic places/ restaurants in SF or Bay Area. Here is a good site to start with for restaurants. They have a "most romantic restaurant" section.

http://cityguide.aol.com/sanfrancisco/

Take some time to really think about what she would want. Maybe a favorite place you both have together. Incorporate some things she really loves whether it be a romantic hotel room with rose petals or a ballet (perfect around this time of year-Nutcracker) or incorporating her family. That might also be a good place to start if its an option. Talk to her mother or sisters if she has them and get their opinions.

Trust me, I was at a blank when I first thought about doing this. But after you start to think about it more, the perfect idea will present itself. Post as many ideas as you''d like and I will gladly give you my advice....man to man :)

questzener

Rough_Rock
Hey, dude.

Amazing! Guys posting to other guys'' questions.

I agree with Kojack. After I made the decision, I didn''t know what
to do, either. I want the proposal to be memorable and romantic.
I started thinking about the places we enjoy together, what we
like to do together and started generating ideas around those
things. Those moments are how relationships grow.

On the other hand, if there are some places or things that you
two have "always wanted to do", maybe this is an occasion for
one of those things.

I like the idea of asking relatives, friends--if they can keep it
discrete!

Napa is so beautiful. I''m sure there are a TON of places in SF
that would be so wonderful. Where do you two like to spend time?

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I used to live in SF for five years.
Althought Coit Tower is romantic with the view, there were always people partying outside their cars....not terribly private, even at night.
TRUE STORY:
One night I was up there on a date and my boyfriend and I were talking ouside and having this really nice moment, and my b/f said to me, "It is so beautiful up here."
And all of a sudden, a homeless man came OUT OF THE BUSHES right below us and said, "Yep, it sure is." And then he burped real loud. And stumbled off.

It was funny, yeah. But it kind of ruined the ''alone'' feeling we were sharing. So I''m not recommending Coit Tower. And I love it there.
I''ll try to think of some other places meanwhile.

Quincy

Rough_Rock
Alright, X''mas just passed and still have no idea. Now that New Years is coming around...I don''t know what to do. We''re not planning to go out and it looks like I may be doing something special at home instead. Any ideas? Doesn''t have to be at home. Sorry, I''m clueless when it comes down to this.

I have an idea of where I can leave rose petals as a trail and then lead her upstairs where I would set a romantic atmosphere in the bedroom and propose to her there..but that''s kinda lame compared to most of what I''ve read.

She has this little 4.5 lb Maltese dog that I was considering on including in the proposal, such as tying the ring on the collar. But I don''t want to risk it w/her dog. Another thing was trying to do something w/this extra picture frame I bought for her but I never gave it to her for xmas. Maybe put some writing inside the frame when I offer it to her as her late x''mas present that will then lead to something else. As of now, my mind is running a blank.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Alright Quincy,

Here are a couple of ideas for you.

#1 - New Years: Instead of counting downing the seconds until New Year''s, count up until the proposal with things you love about her. Whether you are just counting together, with a group out, or just with Dick Clark on the TV, you can add one thing you love about her each second. For example, "10!" "Your eyes when you laugh." "9!" "Your _______ when ______" All the way to one, and then you drop to a knee to propose. No better time to start your new "engaged" phase, like the New Year.

#2 - This can be an addition to the romantical bedroom or room or whatever. You add a card on the bed, or nightstand or where ever and put her name on the envelope. When she opens it, have the outside of the card read, "To My Wife." Then have the inside of the card read, "Please make this card come true." And then drop to a knee and ask her to marry you.

Let us know how it goes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results