shape
carat
color
clarity

Have I mentioned that I can''t feel my lips?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2008 11:41:14 AM
Author: Maisie
Sorry to hear you are on bed rest Snlee. I had to stay in bed for 2 months in one of my pregnancies. Its so boring!!
Thanks Maisie!

Gypsy, I''m glad it got better and you enjoyed your photo shoot. I can''t wait to see the pictures!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh!!!! When I first read this I was thinking, God she is funny... then I saw you went to the DOCTOR! Good god woman! I will keep my moustache thankyouverymuch!

I hope the pics turn out ok and you feel better!!!! At least it was today and NOT your wedding day!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI Snlee, I’m sorry to hear about the bed rest, I hope you start feeling better soon!! I’m selfishly glad that you’ll be on here more though. But I haven’t been on much myself since I started the new job, and I’m not sure when that’s going to change. : (

Wedding is next month! And I’m getting excited for it. I have hit a planning wall so I’m just letting go. I’ve been stressed and frustrated, and honestly that’s not how I want to remember this. Yesterday was such a nice reminder of WHY we are doing this. Cause we love each other very much and want to be married. So I’m hoping to just hold onto that feeling and let it carry me to the wedding day.

HI Skippy, yeah really. There is a saying in Farsi “Kill me but make me beautiful”… I’m not experimenting with anything else though. I promise.

Hi Sarah, thank you honey. I think the dust really worked and that the pics are going to be nice. I hope so anyway. As for the new job. It’s good. There some office politics which are like navigating through a quagmire and a few interesting and unexpected things have happened since I’ve been here, but overall its pretty good. It’s got a lot of pluses. It’s nice working for a company that values its employees and shows it. Very nice. On the other hand, my boss (the one I liked and one of the major reasons I signed on) was laid off and the department was re-organized. And I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about that. I am happy I made the switch though. Not having demon boss hovering over me has been just fabulous and really improved things for me. The commute is really long though, so I’ll have to address that after the wedding. Thank you so much for the frequent check ins! ((HUGE HUGS)) … how are things going for you?

HI Anchor, thank you so much for the dust! Yeah, no more products, I promise! Love the new AV.

HI Laura, no worries hon, I TOTALLY understood what you meant, and I’m happy your daughters might gain some second hand experience that will help them avoid this. The nurse called poison control and they were very unsurprised by the problem, apparently its quite common. And I followed the directions on the box carefully!!

Hi redrose, Thank you honey. I really appreciate the good wishes!

Maise, I wrote it for entertainment value if nothing else, so I’m glad you all enjoyed it!

Hi Jersey Girl, I actually love Gigi products. I really have to get some wax and keep it in the house. I’m just not good at pre-planning beauty related stuff. Honestly, I should have looked in the mirror a few days before, gotten a pedicure and some waxing. I use Jolen for bleaching too normally, but I couldn’t find it this time. I bought a Sally Hansen, but it’s got the same insides as the Jolen (packaging looks identical). It worked fine on my brows and arms. No irritation at all.

NEL—yeah, the chemical burns are fun to explain. You can’t say “rash” without someone wondering what you have and you can’t say “burn” without explaining and sounding like an idiot. Chocolate wax huh? I’ll have to look for that, where do you buy it? Thank you for the good wishes and the sympathy!

HI Ljsmith, no I followed the directions. Scary thing is it says you can leave it on for 8 minutes and your okay. I left it on for about 3 minutes only (it’s the three minute formula)! How effective has laser been for you? I’m seriously considering it.

Brown Eyed—thank you for the storytelling compliment! My second biggest mistake (first being trying something new the day before the e-pics) was to not do a spot test. If I had, I think I would been much better off.

Hi Octavia—yes, much better with the cortisone thank you!

Besbride—yeah. Um. That’s bad. Really really bad. Horrendously bad. Thank you for the perspective!

Doodle—OH MAN! That’s terrible. One time is all it takes. That stuff stinks too (so did this, only not as bad)… how did she tolerate it!! Penciled in brows while in ELEMENTARY school, not to mention the initial skin irritation and scabbing. Your poor mom!!!!

HI Jas, I don’t know when we’ll get them, but I promise to post them!! How are you BTW?

Hi Miracles. Yeah. Not the smartest thing I’ve done. I’ll check out the Queen Helene wax. I’ve been getting waxed for years, and have done it at home—my problem with it is the mess and the cats. I’m constantly afraid I’ll spill or drop some and a it will fall on a cat or a cat will step in it and then I’ll have to get it off. I know… paranoid fears. Still and all, I worry. And yes, John thinks I’m nutz.

Snlee—feeling better. Still feeling silly but better. ((HUGS)).

Jules-- even if I did go to the doctor, you can still giggle.. it's okay. And yes, I am very happy I didn't do anything that boneheaded the day before the wedding.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I understand your fear. In 20 years the only "accident" I had with it, was when I moved into a rental without a gas stove. I placed the metal container on the flat surface (the coils were under the surface...easy for clean up) and forgot about it.
6.gif

The whole thing was a mess. There was black ash everywhere and it took a lot of clean up and I still couldn''t remove a spot of soot from the ceiling. That was a nightmare. But at least it didn''t ruin the stove or anything.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
gypsy you crack me up! I love your posts! I hate to say this but....didnt I tell you to stay away from nair type products (which includes hair remover creams) before? ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROFLMAO Miracles. THAT is a great story. Yeah, okay... sticking to outsourcing the waxing. It reminds me of the ONLY time I ever dyed my hair at home (back when I dyed it) and asked John to help me with the back of my head. God the stuff got everywhere and when we moved out we had to pay for a new toilet seat lid because the stain was still on it from the hair dye.

Sunny... yes my dear, you certainly did. I was actually waiting for you to chime in. Happy to give you a smile.
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gyps. I just wanted to know that I''ve been following this, and it totally sucks that it happened in the first place, but I''m glad the damage wasn''t too bad.

I''ve used nair before...I had thousands and thousands of tiny scabs all over my legs, on every single hair follicle.

I will never use it again.

Not to mention my experience with Grease oven cleaner...but that is a story for another day.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/11/2008 10:31:41 PM
Author: Gypsy
ROFLMAO Miracles. THAT is a great story. Yeah, okay... sticking to outsourcing the waxing. It reminds me of the ONLY time I ever dyed my hair at home (back when I dyed it) and asked John to help me with the back of my head. God the stuff got everywhere and when we moved out we had to pay for a new toilet seat lid because the stain was still on it from the hair dye.

Sunny... yes my dear, you certainly did. I was actually waiting for you to chime in. Happy to give you a smile.
2.gif

You know I''m just teasing you! ;-) If it makes you feel better, I used to self wax my mustache a lot more often and i would often just rip off a whole layer and end up with a nasty scab for days! Ah, the things we do to get rid of our hair! I feel like guys dont have to do stuff like this!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aw Gypsy, so glad the engagement shoot went well! Seriously, thank goodness you went to the hospital!

Miracles, the fact that you''ve only had one accident in 20 years says a lot! You''re a talented lady! Considering the number of times I''ve burned myself with my curling iron, nicked myself with a razor, etc. etc. I''m not to be trusted around anything having to do with self-waxing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results