shape
carat
color
clarity

Have I made a mistake? Is this going to be possible?!

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Hello
I am looking for a bit of guidance and advice.
I bought the below watch at auction as I have been looking for a diamond bracelet forever and just haven’t found anything I really liked. I was thinking of doing a conversion along the lines that @Bron357 has done. I was hoping I could get a standard size piece of lapis lazuli or similar to put in the hole when the watch is removed.
But I’ve just realised the watch opening isn’t square!! How easy will it be to find a stone to fit? Oh crikey! Any help and reassurance very gratefully received.
The pictures below were taken by the auctioneer (I haven’t received the watch yet).
Thank you!
33 (2).JPG 33 (1).JPG 33 (1) 2.JPG

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Crikey, that is a stunning watch-to-be-bracelet. Sorry, I don't have much in the way of advice to offer but I imagine you'd be able to get something cut to fit because you'll probably also have to account for the depth as well.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I love it. You don’t want it ME ME ME please.
seriously it’s NOT a problem.
heres my conversion again.
the centre is a gold plaque to fit the hole and the tourmaline is prong set into the middle. The back of the watch is still removeable to clean underneath the gem. 70D0144E-BA89-4003-B8D5-5055036B5B01.jpeg 786441E4-3103-445B-A1B9-5500B95BA44C.jpeg

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Crikey, that is a stunning watch-to-be-bracelet. Sorry, I don't have much in the way of advice to offer but I imagine you'd be able to get something cut to fit because you'll probably also have to account for the depth as well.

Thank you @Tartansparkles As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one! Although I possibly therefore paid more than I should. But hopefully I love it as much when it arrives!

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
the centre is a gold plaque to fit the hole and the tourmaline is prong set into the middle. The back of the watch is still removeable to clean underneath the gem. 70D0144E-BA89-4003-B8D5-5055036B5B01.jpeg 786441E4-3103-445B-A1B9-5500B95BA44C.jpeg

Thank you so much @Bron357 - I am not sure I have seen this conversion before. Just the one with the jade. So I am really glad it is possible! Thanks for liking the watch. It’s tricky to know when buying at auction but this just spoke to me (actually shouted BUY ME BUY ME)!

Christinak

Shiny_Rock

And sorry I should have said - both of these are stunning :kiss2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Bron357 - I am not sure I have seen this conversion before. Just the one with the jade. So I am really glad it is possible! Thanks for liking the watch. It’s tricky to know when buying at auction but this just spoke to me (actually shouted BUY ME BUY ME)!

You did good.
Seriously, it’s an absolutely Stunning Art Deco piece and if you have a gold plaque put in the centre you aren’t limited by the shape of the centre gem.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! In addition to the beautiful modifications with a metal plaque shown by @Bron357 , if you are going with a readily available like lapis it would be super super easy to get one custom cabbed to the dimensions of the watch hole.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love these watch to braclette conversions :appl: :appl: :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could also put in a stone plaque (like onyx) to fit the rectangle shape, and then set a stone (faceted or cabochon or pearl) into the stone plaque ... beautiful project by the way!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the rest. I think it will take some imagination but will look great! But even if it were square, you'd have the same issue, tbh.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your beautiful new piece - I love it when jewelry speaks to me! What a stunning bracelet this will make. I have just discovered the Gem Doctor and Sako's work on Instagram. If you want to peruse their Instagram pictures they work on antique pieces and do top-notch work to my eye. Really gorgeous art deco pieces to oogle. They are also lapidaries so could custom cut something. I am about to have an abraded stone re-polished by them and was pleasantly surprised by the reasonable quote.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
You did good.
Seriously, it’s an absolutely Stunning Art Deco piece and if you have a gold plaque put in the centre you aren’t limited by the shape of the centre gem.

Thank you @Bron357
I was a bit worried I wouldn’t be able to convert it. It’s so good to see it is possible.

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous!!! In addition to the beautiful modifications with a metal plaque shown by @Bron357 , if you are going with a readily available like lapis it would be super super easy to get one custom cabbed to the dimensions of the watch hole.

Great @Polyhex thank you what a good idea. I will see once it arrives.

I love these watch to braclette conversions :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds

You could also put in a stone plaque (like onyx) to fit the rectangle shape, and then set a stone (faceted or cabochon or pearl) into the stone plaque ... beautiful project by the way!

Thank you @ marymm this is a super idea

I agree with the rest. I think it will take some imagination but will look great! But even if it were square, you'd have the same issue, tbh.

Thank you @LilAlex

Congratulations on your beautiful new piece - I love it when jewelry speaks to me! What a stunning bracelet this will make. I have just discovered the Gem Doctor and Sako's work on Instagram. If you want to peruse their Instagram pictures they work on antique pieces and do top-notch work to my eye. Really gorgeous art deco pieces to oogle. They are also lapidaries so could custom cut something. I am about to have an abraded stone re-polished by them and was pleasantly surprised by the reasonable quote.

Thank you @oodlesofpoodles
I love Sakos work too. Unfortunately I am in the UK but I am hoping my bench can do the conversion

So thanks. Now I have an we obsession (husband grumbles in the background)

This made me a laugh @bright&shiny. You sound just like me. I need to stop coming to PS!!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous watch wow! Going to look great converted.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! How many carats is it?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2:

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
You did good.

Thank you @Bron357 for your support and encouragement :kiss2:

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for saving me in my moment of sheer panic - spending a fortune and then wondering if it was a huge mistake!! PS is so supportive, and super-enabling too :lol-2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This watch is the most stunning piece of work ever!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning!!!!! Good luck with the conversion.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Can you post an update with the finished product?! This is gorgeous and I am sooooo jealous

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Can you post an update with the finished product?! This is gorgeous and I am sooooo jealous

Yes of course. I received the watch a couple of weeks ago but haven’t decided what to do yet so it’s sitting in the safe. Will try and take some photos once it stops raining (typically British weather right now!)

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
You may be able to have a smaller stone bezel set within the center like I did for mine. G.jpg E.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results