shape
carat
color
clarity

Has your significant other given you a really tacky present? If so please make me feel better!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely note and so sweet that you framed it.
DH got me this tank top for my Bday a couple years back. He still asks why I don’t wear it. It’s as colorful as your roses :)
B4A5B15A-2E96-4FAC-95C2-C1FD4D27D192.jpeg

That's outrageous !
You could wear as a pj top

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He’ll notice..He helped me arrange them. He said, “I don’t think you like them. You just like the thought.” I lied through my teeth because he looked hurt. :(2

No, you (or most of us) wouldn't go out and buy these, but he did, and he thought he was doing something special (tell him to quit taking talk radio advice!) but he was clearly hoping to please you. Display them. Don't hurt his feelings by hiding them away. It's just a house. His feelings are more important than decor. And it's better than having to wear in public some ugly piece of clothing that he buys for you. I think he was sweet, roses and note, both.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This is a funny thread because it shows that we are human: we all make mistakes despite our best efforts and intensions.

@MamaBee I'll trade you the roses for my gifted Wallmart clothing.:lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

This is a funny thread because it shows that we are human: we all make mistakes despite our best efforts and intensions.

@MamaBee I'll trade you the roses for my gifted Wallmart clothing.:lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

I don’t know @canuk-gal..I would probably take you up on that offer! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, you (or most of us) wouldn't go out and buy these, but he did, and he thought he was doing something special (tell him to quit taking talk radio advice!) but he was clearly hoping to please you. Display them. Don't hurt his feelings by hiding them away. It's just a house. His feelings are more important than decor. And it's better than having to wear in public some ugly piece of clothing that he buys for you. I think he was sweet, roses and note, both.

That’s exactly what I decided to do @Lookinagain. I actually referred to them as the pretty flowers tonight. Haha

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
This thread gave me a good laugh :D
8 yrs as a mom and never once get a mother’s day gift or flower :D

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
OMG these are so funny. All I can say is thank god my husband has never tried to buy me clothes as a gift - god knows what I’ll fitting monstrosity I would have ended up with! But he would be too terrified of the minefield of sizing politics (what, a size too large, you saying I’m fat?! Or, am I supposed to be the size of a 12 year old child in your head?!).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread gave me a good laugh :D
8 yrs as a mom and never once get a mother’s day gift or flower :D

If your little someone is now almost 8 perhaps they could make/ help make you breakfast this year ?

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
OMG. I recently got THE SAME FLOWERS. I clicked this thread thinking to myself, “Ohhh, she thinks her husband can find the strangest, tackiest gifts....just wait.

I laughed so hard seeing that you got victimized by the same flower. Mine came in a giant display dome with a lid, making it an even larger gift to try to store.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. I recently got THE SAME FLOWERS. I clicked this thread thinking to myself, “Ohhh, she thinks her husband can find the strangest, tackiest gifts....just wait.

I laughed so hard seeing that you got victimized by the same flower. Mine came in a giant display dome with a lid, making it an even larger gift to try to store.

:lol: That’s so funny!!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes I received a few tacky gifts from my ex-MIL but the thought was genuinely there so I kept them for years and slowly managed to "lose them in a house move"... :lol:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh this thread is too funny, I've laughed until my stomach hurts.

Its a tie between the black gold-dipped rose and shark-puking-a-rainbow tank top.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it’s any consolation @MamaBee my late MIL used to go to jumble sales at the local church hall and come back with something hideous that she’d give me as a birthday or Christmas present, then proudly tell me she’d only paid £1 for it! :lol:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
That is a lovely note and so sweet that you framed it.
DH got me this tank top for my Bday a couple years back. He still asks why I don’t wear it. It’s as colorful as your roses :)
B4A5B15A-2E96-4FAC-95C2-C1FD4D27D192.jpeg

This. Is. AMAZING!!!!!!!
I think I want one.

The gold roses I kind of get. You like flowers. You like jewelry. Bam! Perfect gift, right?
Man logic!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My uncle had something like this when I was a kid, and I loved it. Is this better or worse than gold flowers?

1620278951780.jpeg

Oh boy @JPie...It’s a toss up! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah yes I received a few tacky gifts from my ex-MIL but the thought was genuinely there so I kept them for years and slowly managed to "lose them in a house move"... :lol:

@GliderPoss That’s usually what I do too..In fact a friend of mine gave me the most horrendous crystal candle holder. It looks like she got it from Superman’s crystal cave..I’m in Maryland now but I’ll post a pic when I get back to Pa. It’s so sharp I almost cut my wrists getting it out of the box!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh this thread is too funny, I've laughed until my stomach hurts.

Its a tie between the black gold-dipped rose and shark-puking-a-rainbow tank top.

Morticia from the Adams family would have loved the black rose..Oh wait..She would have cut off the blooms...That’s even better..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it’s any consolation @MamaBee my late MIL used to go to jumble sales at the local church hall and come back with something hideous that she’d give me as a birthday or Christmas present, then proudly tell me she’d only paid £1 for it! :lol:

@Austina It was a bargain! Haha At least she wasn’t trying to pull off that she bought it new. My mom did that before she went to the nursing home. She would make me take her to Goodwill so she could shop for her friends..They got tarnished costume jewelry, etc.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another thought..How am I supposed to clean them? They’re going to get dusty...They are supposed to be real flowers that were preserved. I don’t think I can wash them under water. The only thing I can think of is to use an artist brush..:roll2:

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thought..How am I supposed to clean them? They’re going to get dusty...They are supposed to be real flowers that were preserved. I don’t think I can wash them under water. The only thing I can think of is to use an artist brush..

You could try using a blow dryer on the cool setting to blow the dust off. I have done this before with artificial flowers and it works pretty well.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could try using a blow dryer on the cool setting to blow the dust off. I have done this before with artificial flowers and it works pretty well.

Thanks @YadaYadaYada Maybe the force of the blow dryer could harm them..I wouldn’t want that to happen..:shifty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results