shape
carat
color
clarity

Has your significant other given you a really tacky present? If so please make me feel better!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband called me on the way home to ask me if I received a package...He had accidentally had the package mailed to himself. They are preserved roses in both red and yellow. There’s a bunch of them in the box..The edges are dipped in 24 karat gold. They feel like they’re metal or enamel. They’re for Mother’s Day. They are so tacky and awful. They come with a holder to display them “forever because they won’t die..” I wish!
9E608ED9-BE2B-4731-B43F-1228A333B314.jpeg 2EB804CE-E47E-43C3-878D-6DFD9D3A565C.jpeg 5FC4E91C-A7B2-434A-848C-E30C996C8470.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does he listen to talk radio?
I’ve heard these advertised as a great gift idea not that long ago and was pretty surprised. They were pitched as upscale........

I thought this was an 80’s thing. And wasn’t something I coveted back then either.

my condolences to you :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does he listen to talk radio?
I’ve heard these advertised as a great gift idea not that long ago and was pretty surprised. They were pitched as upscale........

I thought this was an 80’s thing. And wasn’t something I coveted back then either.

my condolences to you :)

He does!!! OMG I didn’t take them out of the plastic. I’m hoping he will see them and say no way. I hope he didn’t pay a lot for them. I see
an accident happening..haha

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I've never seen anything like that before.

Once, very early in our relationship, my husband gave me a huge ball of rubber bands. I'm serious. He thought they would be useful. I haven't let him live that down.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Once, very early in our relationship, my husband gave me a huge ball of rubber bands. I'm serious. He thought they would be useful. I haven't let him live that down.

I want that present @Mekp! Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee , I just laughed so hard I almost choked.

Because I can identify! My poor husband doesn't get it at all. He's forgiven though

Should I tell him or just display them? They’re still by the front door. I’m folding laundry waiting for him to walk in the door. I don’t know what to do..haha

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Are they from here?

If so, so expensive! I'd tell him.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I would divorce her. :lol:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should I tell him or just display them? They’re still by the front door. I’m folding laundry waiting for him to walk in the door. I don’t know what to do..haha

Maybe display for a day or week or so. Then put them away when he goes out of town. If he's like my DH, he will never notice they are gone. Good luck!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
BC00EF14-0F42-4342-8BAA-B2BF0ADA13BD.jpeg
I read the note and couldn’t say anything....lol

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Wow hahahaha.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This reminded me that growing up we had these metal flowers on the wall. Man, I never really understood this decor but different strokes….

BAFAAE25-78D5-4FBE-B498-63819083EFBB.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
My DH, poor guy, does similar things. Like buying a sweater that is 5x too big or once he had someone do a painting for me (that didn't turn out too well lol). Now I just pick out my own gift. It's not romantic unfortunately but that way I get something I like.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I have had this problem before and didn't want to hurt any feelings. If you have styled bookshelves, you can usually put them in an inconspicuous place. In the pic below, I am not crazy about the porcelain rose. But my grandfather gave it to me for Christmas one year and he was the best best granddaddy in the world. I enjoy seeing it even though it isn't my taste.

20210504_201422.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, at least they do contain 24kt gold!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe display for a day or week or so. Then put them away when he goes out of town. If he's like my DH, he will never notice they are gone. Good luck!!!

He’ll notice..He helped me arrange them. He said, “I don’t think you like them. You just like the thought.” I lied through my teeth because he looked hurt. :(2

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was me I would stick them in with a large houseplant (maybe pothos or parlor palm) for "beautiful color accents" while exclaiming "don't they look marvelous." Hidden in plain view. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, I have had this problem before and didn't want to hurt any feelings. If you have styled bookshelves, you can usually put them in an inconspicuous place. In the pic below, I am not crazy about the porcelain rose. But my grandfather gave it to me for Christmas one year and he was the best best granddaddy in the world. I enjoy seeing it even though it isn't my taste.

20210504_201422.jpg

@Gussie Thank you...The porcelain rose your granddaddy gave you is pretty..I love that you kept it..The roses are edged in gold. One rose is black..Ugh

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it was me I would stick them in with a large houseplant (maybe pothos or parlor palm) for "beautiful color accents" while exclaiming "don't they look marvelous." Hidden in plain view. :)

@Lisa Loves Shiny I kill houseplants..This is my punishment..He knows I can’t kill these..I will give it a good try though..hahahaha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH, poor guy, does similar things. Like buying a sweater that is 5x too big or once he had someone do a painting for me (that didn't turn out too well lol). Now I just pick out my own gift. It's not romantic unfortunately but that way I get something I like.

I had him trained. I don’t know what happened! He went rogue! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results