shape
carat
color
clarity

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never had this happen before--I was wearing a pendant on an 18" 14k wg box chain, and while I was changing my shirt I caught the chain and tugged it hard. It didn''t break, but all of a sudden it''s a 22" chain. It doesn''t look stretched, but obviously it is. Grr! I guess I should have taken it off before changing clothes, but I was in a hurry.
20.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, something had to have "stretched" within those little box links. Got a magnifying glass handy or a loupe with which you can really check it out? I don''t have any chains that are longer than 18" so I''ve never experienced this...

I used to get chains from JCP--they had a great replacement policy where if you damaged your chain accidentally they would replace it for a very nominal and reasonable fee depending on what you paid for it in the first place. I replaced a hollow 14k YG bangle like 3 times for $16 a pop one year...then I sort of gave up on it and stopped wearing it at times I knew I''d be hard on it, lol.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
This is (was!) an 18" chain, but long enough to get caught on my hand somehow. It''s a thin chain, and it was pretty inexpensive, actually, so not a big deal to replace. Just a new experience for me!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I wonder if one of the links just got caught at the right place and stretched from there? Sorry to hear you''re having this trouble...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 12:51:59 AM
Author: Christa
This is (was!) an 18'' chain, but long enough to get caught on my hand somehow. It''s a thin chain, and it was pretty inexpensive, actually, so not a big deal to replace. Just a new experience for me!
ha interesting! do all of the links look slightly larger now? the accordian effect lmao!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I did that to a rope chain once. The dog grabbed my pendant and yanked and all the little rings got stretched out. I had to replace it. I bet the boxes are slightly elongated somehow. Did you check the round rings at the end?

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Well, at least I''m not the only one! The weird thing is that the chain doesn''t look much different (maybe a little thinned and twisted), but it''s a full 3" longer than it was.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 3:53:02 PM
Well, at least I''m not the only one! The weird thing is that the chain doesn''t look much different (maybe a little thinned and twisted), but it''s a full 3'' longer than it was.
Okay, so you''ve shown you have magical talent to lengthen things (okay - no racy pun intended haha) but do you have the same talent to shrink them again? (oy, again... lol)

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra you just made me laugh!!!

Sorry about your chain Christa! I''ve never heard of that happening before, and I''m notorious for getting my chains caught while getting dressed. I hope it''s ok!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 5:21:52 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 1/4/2007 3:53:02 PM
Well, at least I''m not the only one! The weird thing is that the chain doesn''t look much different (maybe a little thinned and twisted), but it''s a full 3'' longer than it was.
Okay, so you''ve shown you have magical talent to lengthen things (okay - no racy pun intended haha) but do you have the same talent to shrink them again? (oy, again... lol)
Cehra, you naughty, naughty girl, you.
2.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
How odd! I had a box link snap and break before, back in college but it was a sterling silver not gold. Be glad it stretched and not snapped so you did not lose your pendant!

I actually just bought a white gold chain from goldspeed.com they seem to have good prices. I bought one in the past and had a good experience from them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 5:41:16 PM
Author: IrishAngel
Cehra you just made me laugh!!!

Sorry about your chain Christa! I''ve never heard of that happening before, and I''m notorious for getting my chains caught while getting dressed. I hope it''s ok!
hey I went into the concept innocently enough I swear! but quickly realized I''d never make a proper joke so I settled on the improper one lol!!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 11:17:54 PM
Author: asscherisme
How odd! I had a box link snap and break before, back in college but it was a sterling silver not gold. Be glad it stretched and not snapped so you did not lose your pendant!

I actually just bought a white gold chain from goldspeed.com they seem to have good prices. I bought one in the past and had a good experience from them.
Yeah, I''m thankful for that, definitely! I''ll take a look at goldspeed--thanks for the rec.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results