shape
carat
color
clarity

has this ever happen to you? my bank must be in a generous mood...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they credited my checking with two extra dollars.i couldn''t figure out where the $2 came from.
scratchhead.gif
this really bothers me,cuz my balance always match the bank''s to the last cent. i only write 2 to 3 checks per month.

btw; do you still write checks ?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Is it interest?

I don''t even know where my checkbook is but I do have an EXCEL spreadsheet with all of my spending.

That''s what happens on a very slow Friday afternoon in an office. You plan your life through EXCEL.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes I write checks... but your spose to keep track of how much money is in there??
I just track checks with duplicates and if I need spending money go online to check my balance first.
I never remember to fill out the register.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 10:33:20 AM
Author: strmrdr
yes I write checks... but your spose to keep track of how much money is in there??
I just track checks with duplicates and if I need spending money go online to check my balance first.
I never remember to fill out the register.
no,i keep track of my own balance.

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I heart my bank! They give .10 every time I or DH swipes our debit/credit card. Then they send a check at the end of the year. It really does add up.

I only write checks in church.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could be interest as F suggests. And yes I do still write cheques.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This happened to me once, except it was more around $60. I rechecked my figures numerous times and even called the bank and could never figure out where the extra money came from. I''m pretty sure, I messed up somewhere. . .banks do not give out free money!

Oh and I do still write checks. The only direct w/d we have is for life insurance. All my other bills are paid by check. I''m uncomfortable giving companies the power to withdraw money from my accounts!
2.gif
For groceries, gas, etc., I use debit.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 10:42:23 AM
Author: Lorelei
Could be interest as F suggests. And yes I do still write cheques.
no, the interest amount match.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, that''s never happened to me before. I can''t think of a good reason why you would suddenly have an overage of an even $2 in your account, strange.

I still write checks but very occasionally for bill payments that I don''t want automatically withdrawn from my account.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you going to call and ask?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 11:39:22 AM
Author: Kaleigh
no,not yet. i''m still trying to figure it out.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My bank gave me one penny the other day
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 12:26:10 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
My bank gave me one penny the other day
36.gif
Lucky day... for $2 it''s really DF''s special day though. You have to take what you can get these days
9.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I still write 3 checks a month....

Once, I wrote a check for $137.10
The bank put it in as $131.70... I guess neither party ever noticed. I got 6.60 for no reason. I left it be, and figured if the bank ever realized their mistake, they could just deduct the 6.60 from my account. They never did. Maybe something like that happened? Do all your checks match up?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 11:47:16 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 3/20/2009 11:39:22 AM
Author: Kaleigh
no,not yet. i''m still trying to figure it out.
I know what it''s from--DF, it is your compensation for supporting all those illegal immigrants!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I write checks... for rent. That''s it. We use credit/debit cards for everything else (yes yes, balance paid in full every month
20.gif
3.gif
).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK something is niggling in the back of my mind, it has to do with this...jeez...let me think, I remember reading something either on line on in the paper that is you suddenly come up with extra small amounts of money that it could be some form of possible identify theft or something like that, I do remember it was something that wasnt good, but I cant remember, but you all should double check with your banks just in case. And to answer you question yes, I still write checks
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 6:56:10 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
OK something is niggling in the back of my mind, it has to do with this...jeez...let me think, I remember reading something either on line on in the paper that is you suddenly come up with extra small amounts of money that it could be some form of possible identify theft or something like that, I do remember it was something that wasnt good, but I cant remember, but you all should double check with your banks just in case. And to answer you question yes, I still write checks
2.gif
6.gif
i better check with my bank. you think a thief put 2 bucks into my account?
33.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, never happened to me. Mine is usually the other way because my DH forgets to tell me when he uses his debit card at times, so I always check online.

And yes, I still write checks.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 12:04:47 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 3/20/2009 6:56:10 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
2.gif
6.gif
i better check with my bank. you think a thief put 2 bucks into my account?
33.gif
yes it seemed like it was something like that i cant remember the specifics but i do remember if i suddenly come up with a small amounts of money in account that i didnt put in there that i need to call the bank, sorry it has been many months ago that i read this, i was thinking i seen it the news on my yahoo homepage, now whether its is all true or not i dont really know, but it would still make sense to double check with the bank

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results