shape
carat
color
clarity

Has parents honor killing their children arrived in America?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Parents honor killing their children has arrived in Amer

Welcome to the world of fundie and MRA blogs. Gotta love the internet--giving voice to nutjobs since 1995!

I don't know what the real story is, not sure I want to, but I'm sorry I gave that person a click. I'm sure this case will make it onto a Dateline or Snapped episode and maybe by then there will be more accurate information. Until then I'm not going off some religious psycho's theory! :shock:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Parents honor killing their children has arrived in Amer

After a little googling around I found the murders are real and the reported motivation was not racism or religion, but to make the father suffer by watching the murders. :knockout:
Mom was mentally unstable, proud to own 10 guns.
I found no proof of the racism claims in the blog, only speculation:

"To date commentators on social media have taken to speculating that Christy Sheats may have taken to extreme exception to her daughter marrying Juan Sebastian Lugo, an American born of Hispanic/Latin descent"

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2016/06/christy-sheats-juan-sebastian-lugo-taylor-sheats-fiance/

Still, I find it disturbing someone can blog such justification for what would be an 'honor-killing' of their children.
Wackos read this crap and are empowered by it.

While the content of the blog is revolting, to me it remains unsubstantiated.
I'd need more proof than this blog to say that honor killing has arrived in America.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Re: Has parents honor killing their children arrived in Amer

It has to be satire. Look at (just scan, don't closely read- protect your brain cells!) the rest of "her" entries.

(I am aware [and deeply saddened by] people who truly do feel this way, I'm just commenting on this particular blog.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

E B|1467654835|4051403 said:
It has to be satire. Look at (just scan, don't closely read- protect your brain cells!) the rest of "her" entries.

(I am aware [and deeply saddened by] people who truly do feel this way, I'm just commenting on this particular blog.)

I also strongly suspect the blog has to be satire.
It's too perfect.

But, I also believe that MILLIONS of Americans DO think/believe what this blogger has posted.
Witness all the votes for Trump.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kenny,

In Canada, we've had a number of so-called 'honour' killings.

My term for it, however, is murder.

The following is from the Government of Canada, Department of Justice website, Report entitled "Preliminary Examination of so-called "Honour Killings" in Canada", the Conclusion section.

From the literature review and media reports, it is evident that honour killings do occasionally occur in Canada. So far, over the past decade in Canada there have been at least a dozen reported homicides which appear to have been honour killings.

Full Report is available at:
http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/cj-jp/fv-vf/hk-ch/toc-tdm.html

The report author, publication date, is as follows:

Prepared by: Dr. Amin A. Muhammad MBBS, MRCPsych, FRCPI, FRCPC, PhD, BCPsych, D.P.M, D.C.P., MCPsychI, MCPS, Professor of Psychiatry, Memorial University of Newfoundland
Presented to: Family, Children and Youth Section
Department of Justice Canada
June 2010

I'm sad to say that hearing about an 'honour' killing in Canada is not unique or an isolated occurrence. I'm not implying that its common, but it happens.

Note: I haven't read the report.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Unfortunately the blog appears not to be satire but quite serious - judging from the author's other postings and her response to the furor her posting has apparently raised. I'm sorry I went there and raised her click count.

More unfortunately, there have been documented cases of actual "honor killings" in the US as well. :blackeye:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I won't read the link, but that murder was on national news and the only thing released at that time was the mother had mental illness and the police had been called to the house before. I'll wait for credible news reports before speculating.

There are so many nutcases posting on the internet. I was reading some FB postings regarding the Disney World Dad saying there was a second alligator in the attack that killed his son, and all these people were accusing the parents of neglecting the child or else trying to kill him! :nono: Yet, they apparently had zero reading comprehension because all the original reports had others present and witnessing the event. :wall:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The woman's daughter had been dating a boy who was Mexican for years. The two were supposed to go to the courthouse and get married the Monday after the mother killed her. It's been in quite a few news stories.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results