shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone used Mark Broumand to design a ring without ...

nda

Rough_Rock
... using a center diamond he has selected?

I have somewhere between a $6k-$7k budget for side stones and a ring, depending on how much I ultimate spend on the center stone (ideally, a nice emerald-cut sapphire).

The reason I ask is the following:

(1) It seems like Mark sometimes gets a bad rap for using EGL diamonds as center stones.
(2) I really like his designs.

I mean, if the center diamond were GIA rather than EGL certified in this piece, it would almost seem criminal to buy it from Mark at this price. Someone would have to inform him he was making a big mistake:

http://www.markbroumand.com/product/459ct-Emerald-Cut-Diamond-Engagement-Anniversary-Ring__2371-1D17491820.aspx

But if all of the big stones in the diamond are EGL rather than GIA certified, well, the price makes more sense. (And perhaps the sides are not cert'd at all? Which seems strange re: their size, but I don't know what is standard on certs for side stones.)

Nevertheless, I really do like the pave, the milgraining, etc. I mean, it looks really pretty to my eye. Perhaps PSers would prefer the work of someone like Leon Mege, but something tells me that this ring would be priced a bit higher without a center stone than MB's is:

http://artofplatinum.com/vault/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1397&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

While I prefer the "tapering" of the ring thickness and the pave stones on the LM, they both look pretty exquisite to me, fine milgrain work, etc. MB even has a little bit of pave on the middle bezels, though I am honestly neutral as to that.

So does anyone here have experience using MB to create a ring with one of your own stones? Seems like that eliminates the EGL problem, and you might still wind up with a really nice setting for the money.

And MB, do you do any tapered paves? I really like the ring I linked, but I would probably be going with a sapphire as the center stone. I wouldn't want to break the bank, though, and I could sacrifice

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Has anyone used Mark Broumand to design a ring without .

Hi,

No, I didn't. But I did contact him for a quote once and he was prompt and friendly. I also saw a finished ring of his in person. The center stone was warmer than I was expecting and comfortable with so I passed on it.

Let us know how it goes for you!

Anne

luckky

Shiny_Rock

I do love his setting but when I look around on his site with all EGL stone...very few of GIA cert, I just don't want to waste my time. Sorry quite a spoil since being in PS :wink2: With out GIA or AGS cert then I will pass. Good luck and Cheer!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

He will make anything you want with the kind of stones you want. I contacted him last year for quotes and he was very friendly and prompt.

nda

Rough_Rock

lknvrb4|1310380069|2966342 said:
He will make anything you want with the kind of stones you want. I contacted him last year for quotes and he was very friendly and prompt.

Right. I mean I know he would do it, I am just looking for PS experiences.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results