shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone tried Thermage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
When it comes to anti-aging paranoia, best to keep it a 'personal' hobby, the men will only laugh!!! (or cry at the beauticians/birds nest bills)

Luckily, I am short, I think that makes people think I am much younger than I am...

or is it just that we are all collectively so surprised to be still lively and life-loving past thirty, that we ALL look younger than we thought we would?
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
LOL FI is fully aware of how nutso I am when it comes to this stuff he thinks just that - that I am nutso.

I have no idea what I will look like when I am 30 will have to tell you in a couple of years :razz:.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
haha that is funny
I suffered a kind of acute anxiety about 'getting old' just before 30, but here I am now 37 and kind of surprised to see that most days I still look worth talking to
3.gif

Next time I'm in town might pop into the Chinese grocer and see if they've got birds nest though (note: not the noodle kind!!)

If it's good for appearance, it's probably really good for everything else on the inside, as well (I mean, it IS famous as a tonic, is it not?)

I'm in a rural area though, so wish me luck!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
No way our 37, you look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY younger then that - you don''t need any anti-aging :).

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
haha Deelight!
See, you''ve got nothing to worry about!

That photo is probably 18 months old now.

I''m about to ''drop'' (if only it were that easy!) my third baby, so I''ll be updating my avatar soon!
Perhaps, post-baby, the PS''ers (and I) will be in for a shock! I''ll have to switch over to my gorgeous solitaire (coming around baby time!!!)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hun even with that photo being 18mths old you still look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay younger :).

DF next time I go to a Chinese restaurant I will see if they have any.

ETA DF I fixed your link as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird%27s_nest_soup

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 9:51:35 PM
Author: Deelight
Hun even with that photo being 18mths old you still look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay younger :).

ETA DF I fixed your link as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird%27s_nest_soup
thanks,wonder what happen
33.gif

Deelight...there''re more "fake bird''s nest" then fake diamonds out there.
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2009 11:10:39 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

33.gif

Deelight...there''re more ''fake bird''s nest'' then fake diamonds out there.
9.gif

So how can I tell real bird nest from fake?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2009 11:40:21 PM

33.gif

9.gif

with a bird nest tester.
31.gif
anyway,if you know a Chinese friend ask he/she to recommend a good Chinese restaurant. i''m still not sure if it''s legal in the US.
33.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 12:02:56 AM
Date: 2/17/2009 11:40:21 PM

33.gif

9.gif

with a bird nest tester.
31.gif
anyway,if you know a Chinese friend ask he/she to recommend a good Chinese restaurant. i''m still not sure if it''s legal in the US.
33.gif

I take that as your selflessly volunteering?
25.gif

Apprently the US is one of the biggest importers along with HK so it would have to be legal me thinks.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 12:13:23 AM

I take that as your selflessly volunteering?
25.gif

Apprently the US is one of the biggest importers along with HK so it would have to be legal me thinks.
i don't know.everytime when my friends go back to HK for vacation i always ask them to buy some bird's nest for me,but they all say...i don't wanna get caught going through US customs.
9.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Knowing that it's farmed in Indonesia and exported makes me feel better from an ethical perspective... no doubt the farmers have to look after their mother birds!!!

I just came back from the chinese / Asian food import shop in town ... no luck!
15.gif

In fact, the young girl in there didn't even know what I was talking about!

I had to say 'an Asian girlfriend of mine' - that's YOU, DF - kept insisting I try it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 1:45:59 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Knowing that it's farmed in Indonesia and exported makes me feel better from an ethical perspective... no doubt the farmers have to look after their mother birds!!!

I just came back from the chinese / Asian food import shop in town ... no luck!
15.gif

In fact, the young girl in there didn't even know what I was talking about!

I had to say 'an Asian girlfriend of mine' - that's YOU, DF - kept insisting I try it!
Lara...say " YINN WAR"
2.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Is that the name of it in Chinese? (One of the girls there asked me what the Chinese name of it was...
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are too cute!!

Especially you, DF
9.gif
2.gif
. Tell me, do you or Mrs DF take birds'' nest? Can you post before and after pics?
3.gif
1.gif

Lara, I agree with Deelight, you look way younger.

Deelight, it''s better to start earlier. That''s what they all say.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 7:37:00 AM
Author: Phoenix
Tell me, do you or Mrs DF take birds'' nest? Can you post before and after pics?
3.gif
1.gif

Teehee!
Why do Anglos age so badly?!! We have to be the worst genetic group for aging in the known universe!!! I got along like a house on fire with this Chinese girl today. I say ''girl'' because she looked soooo fresh - and she volunteered her age (of course I would never have asked!)... 42!!!

And she didn''t know about birds nest! Humph!!! Unless she was actually keeping them all to herself! She looked great!
5.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 7:45:19 AM

Tell me, do you or Mrs DF take birds'' nest? Can you post before and after pics?
3.gif
1.gif

Teehee!
Why do Anglos age so badly?!! We have to be the worst genetic group for aging in the known universe!!! I got along like a house on fire with this Chinese girl today. I say ''girl'' because she looked soooo fresh - and she volunteered her age (of course I would never have asked!)... 42!!!

And she didn''t know about birds nest! Humph!!! Unless she was actually keeping them all to herself! She looked great!
5.gif

Hmmm, I don''t know if all Anglos age badly. Case in point, you!
9.gif
. If I could have looked like you at your age, I''d have been very happy indeed!
9.gif

Btw, how''s that beautiful house of yours going? Got any new pics?
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lara...yes, "YINN WAR" is how we say it in Cantonese.

Phoenix...the last time i had bird nest soup was like 6 months ago. there isn''t a single restaurant in our town that serves bird nest soup. i love shark fin soup too.
2.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Grr stupid thing ate my post
38.gif
Anyhoo ladies please look at these exercises. They take less than 5 minutes a day an seriously have made a huge difference to my face. I lam told I look like I have had work done and I haven't. My cheeks are full and the lines and droopiness of being 50 is receding
2.gif
Lou lou book costs 10 bucks!
http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137
Grr I tried to post a link to a video of lou lou doing the exercies but it wouldn't let me.
Any way read the incredibly long thread on EDS.
It really is brillant.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 8:08:12 AM
Date: 2/18/2009 7:45:19 AM

3.gif
1.gif

Teehee!

5.gif

Hmmm, I don''t know if all Anglos age badly. Case in point, you!
9.gif
. If I could have looked like you at your age, I''d have been very happy indeed!
9.gif

Btw, how''s that beautiful house of yours going? Got any new pics?
2.gif

Hey Pheonix,
35.gif

The house is AWESOME!
Thanks for asking!
No longer am I the grouchy cranky mum who must yell at the children: ''Clean up the BLOCKS!!!'''' sixteen times a day.
They''ve got their own play room now!!
And, besides, the house is so darn pretty to look at.

I had a joke with my RL girlfriends that for the first six weeks, whenever I would turn into the driveway, I kept expecting the ''lady of the house'' to rush out with a broom telling me to p*ss off!!!

Only (slight) fly in the ointment is that my dog is a bit more jumpy in this new place, and barks more than she did... no doubt the old man next door misses the old neighbours...
40.gif
luckily it''s not constant though - just whenever anyone opens a car door, sneezes (yes!) or when the old guy next door comes out to water his roses. Erk!

Such is the minutae of moving house, I guess... the animals get upset!
Also, our cat got bashed up by the cat next door pretty bad.
14.gif
1.gif

As for aging.... still think you girls got it all over us - and the African girls??!!! Let''s not even go there!!! I think it must be the darker pigment, it handles the environment soooo much better. My s-i-l is Aboriginal (actually, I think there''s a bit of Islander tucked away somewhere in the background as well), in her 50s, and she is capital G GORGEOUS!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lara,

I typed out a really long answer yesterday and lost it!! Arrrggghhhh!!

It''s really great to hear you''re enjoying your gorgeous new home. It *is* unsettling for pets though. When we moved to our current place, our cat ran away and disappeared for like 2.5 months before we found her again, all thin and ragged. She''s also developed this aversion to strangers since she came back, I think some b...d must have abused her
29.gif
, but that''s another story altogether. I am sorry to hear yr cat being beaten up by yr neighbour''s cat. Is there anything you can do, like keeping her indoors more?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF,

So I bought the ready-made birds nest (too lazy to do the double-boil thing, LOL) and have been consuming it everyday since Thursday. They say though that I should take it at night, just before I go to bed, as I drink coffee in the morning and birds'' nest is not supposed to be taken with any other food. I am a bit skeptical though as to how it can work its wonders while I am asleep and the body basically goes into slow-down/ rest mode
33.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 11:33:16 PM
DF,

So I bought the ready-made birds nest (too lazy to do the double-boil thing, LOL) and have been consuming it everyday since Thursday. They say though that I should take it at night, just before I go to bed, as I drink coffee in the morning and birds'' nest is not supposed to be taken with any other food. I am a bit skeptical though as to how it can work its wonders while I am asleep and the body basically goes into slow-down/ rest mode
33.gif
hmmm...never heard about consuming before bed time. your hands looks young for your age.do you look younger now?
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 11:42:04 PM

DF,

So I bought the ready-made birds nest (too lazy to do the double-boil thing, LOL) and have been consuming it everyday since Thursday. They say though that I should take it at night, just before I go to bed, as I drink coffee in the morning and birds' nest is not supposed to be taken with any other food. I am a bit skeptical though as to how it can work its wonders while I am asleep and the body basically goes into slow-down/ rest mode
33.gif
hmmm...never heard about consuming before bed time. your hands looks young for your age.do you look younger now?
9.gif
What time do you recommend that I take the birds' nest, DF? Is it also true that you shouldn't take it with any other foods and drinks?

Also, what do you think of the ready-made stuff, as opposed to the dry stuff that you'd have to double-boil? Is it less beneficial at all?

Thank you for your compliment about my hands,
1.gif
. And no, my face does not look younger - yet! It's only been a few days, you teaser!!
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 12:05:07 AM

Date: 2/20/2009 11:42:04 PM

DF,

33.gif
9.gif
What time do you recommend that I take the birds'' nest, DF? Is it also true that you shouldn''t take it with any other foods and drinks?

You have an excellent memory, DF. I can''t believe you remember what my hands look like
1.gif
. And no, it''s only been a few days, you teaser!!
9.gif
don''t know about bird''s nest
Idunno1.gif
but my mom used to say...don''t consume certain foods or drinks for next 24 hrs after consuming "gin sing"

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are these "certain" foods, DF?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 12:16:04 AM
What are these ''certain'' foods, DF?
no sour drinks like OJ or lemonade.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Sharksfin......tsk tsk
38.gif
you didn''t think you would get away with that one did you!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 12:20:32 AM

Date: 2/21/2009 12:16:04 AM
What are these ''certain'' foods, DF?
no sour drinks like OJ or lemonade.
Thank you, DF. You''re a sweetie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results