shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone tried Augusta Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I am loving this dress, but am nervous about price. Has anyone tried any Augusta Jones dresses? What''s the price like?

Blythe_detail1.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
There were some at a shop I went to... I want to say they were $1000-$1600. I''m not completely sure though.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, am I crazy, or does that model look ever-so-slightly preggo?
40.gif

Sorry I can't help, but I just had to get that out!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously though, and if not, what photographer would tell a model to put their shoulders and butt back and stuck their stomach out???

Pretty dress though!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am looking at Augusta Jones too.
1.gif
I love this one:

Sage_detail1.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My bridal shop carries Augusta Jones. I would say they run anywhere from 900 - 2000. depending on the style; most will run in the 1500. range. I was given a price quote on one gown of $850. (utilizing a 15% discount coupon). They appeared to be well made, and the fabrics seemed very nice to the touch. Hope this helps.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Almost bought an August Jones but it was going to run $2500 at least, and I don''t think that it was the most expensive option. But that did include exorbitant "extra" fees for extra length and plus size.

She will make the same dress with different fabrics for different prices. The dress I wanted would have been much cheaper with synthetic taffeta, and more expensive with silk satin, than the "Thai silk" or raw silk that I priced.

It was a lovely dress with fabulous drape, but not cheap.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 5:20:36 PM
Author: cara
Almost bought an August Jones but it was going to run $2500 at least, and I don''t think that it was the most expensive option. But that did include exorbitant ''extra'' fees for extra length and plus size.

She will make the same dress with different fabrics for different prices. The dress I wanted would have been much cheaper with synthetic taffeta, and more expensive with silk satin, than the ''Thai silk'' or raw silk that I priced.

It was a lovely dress with fabulous drape, but not cheap.
I was also under the impression that an Augusta Jones dress can come in either synthetic or natural fabrics. I must say that the synthetics they are using are of the highest quality, however. They have a nice feel and drape. And, that would account for the differences in pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results