shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen other invite companies w cards like this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carats

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE these invitations! The paper, the style, everything but they are a little out of my price range. Does anyone know any other companies that have a similar style?
www.bellafigura.com

I''m trying to figure out a way to google to search for them but I don''t know how to describe the style or find anything close to it. Maybe somebody here with more experience will know some companies that make a similar card:) Thanks:)

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Do you mean you love the letterpress? (i.e. the embossed indented style of the lettering and design?) Or you just like the modern style in general?

Carats

Shiny_Rock
the letterpress, the paper...the general look of it. I love it all but I wish I knew of other companies to compare it to to see maybe if there were other styles I''d like better, or prices I''d like better;-) hehe...

anyway, thanks for the help!! I''m so late in sending these invites out!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
those are really pretty and delicate looking invitations - I know others on PS have used letterpress invitations so hopefully they can chime in with more info.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I used a company recommended by another person on here http://invitationsbyajalon.com/.

Their prices were much more reasonable than bella figuroa and you can mix printing techniques (you don''t have do do letter press for everything, that totally saves money).

I got samples from both companies.

I actually liked the colors of invites by ajalon better, they were a little brighter, but very classy. The colors from Bella were very muted.

The graphics by bella were much better, but the reason I went with ajalon was because they let me do custom invites. They gave me a whole website full of graphics, and I found many of the graphics bella uses. However, the custom route ended up costing me an extra $70 dollars ($25 more than their estimate).

Carats

Shiny_Rock
is the paper the same? what is that thick paper that bellafigura uses?
Letterpress can be done on any paper right?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Bella's standard is a singled layer cotton paper, they charge more for the thicker paper. The samples were on the single layer paper and they were fine. Nice indentation ect.

Invates by Ajalon were on craine's #110 cotton paper. Craine's is kind is considered the "gold standard" but they are not the only ones who do nice paper. Side by side, they were comparable to Bella's. My FI really like's Craines (but he is a brand junkie). Bella does make slightly larger invites which will bring the price up. I went for the standard size (5x7).

Any company that uses 100% cotton paper should be fine. I would get samples of any company you decide to go with to make sure that the paper is to your expectations. Also, there tends to be different shades of paper (white, off white, ecru) and you will want to see the differences IRL, not on a monitor. Ink colors can look different of different shades of paper.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I don't know if this will help, but I snapped a few pics for you.

This are samples from the 3 online companies I looked at. The one with the grape on top is the budget invite from wedding paper divas. It is thermography on card stock. I was going to do this and than realized I didn't like the color. I also reallized if I am going to do something this simple, I would need more texture....

The brown ones are from Bella Figura. This is by far my fav design, but the colors just were too muted and this invite would have ended up costing about $800 for the invite, reply card, and envelopes (without return address). They are in Ecru.

The one that says "Thank You" is by invitations by ajalon. This is in Crane's pearl and letterpressed. This is the ink color and paper I am going with.

invitesampleall.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple comparison photos of the letter press. On photo the Bella ones seems to look more indented, but in real life, they look about the same. The top invite is from Ajalon on the white Crane's paper.

letterpresscom12.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I guess one cool thing about Bella is that they do like to mix fonts which gives the invite a really interesting look. Here is my last pic.

letterpresscomp23.jpg

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock
We''re having letterpress, but a design I''m creating. In my search to find a letterpress printer, Bella Figura (actually their parent company Boxcar Press) has been the cheapest.

Search letterpress and you''ll find plenty of other companies. Etsy has a lot of letterpress printers as well.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh, how funny, I was just going to suggest Ajalon
1.gif
I absolutely loved my invitations, and Trish was so accomodating and friendly. I enjoyed working with them tremendously--I also found my own font online and split the cost (it was only like $25 altogether for the font I think) with them. Their website is not the best, but I highly suggest that you call and ask for their samples--they are really beautifully done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results